Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2597, Hermit Crab wrote: While I'm aware that Chuck head played plenty of games with morph before, if you wonderful folks could add some explanation of why some of the past games are mentioned and how they relate to the reads, I would be much obliged. Unless they are hidden on purpose. Then crabshrug

-Herr Mitt
Cabd / ffery/ notty like to use past games (and also league of legends references) to talk to each other in a way that theoretically someone on the outside could decipher, but in practice it is likely only going to be understood by the person they are talking to.

Is there a reason you asked the thread, instead of asking notty in your hydra chat? lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2624, Shello and Goodbye wrote: So I think this kind of breaks down if there's a traitor in there, so i'm having a hard time seeing forming associative based reads on the hood

I do think marci is a lot more likely to be town in traitor-hood world thob

I'm kinda going back and forth on how I feel abt marci

~ skitter
I agree that marci is almost certainly town if the set up is a traitor.

Recently, I also found the way she called my read a shit read to feel townie.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:09 am

Post by experience »

catching up
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:10 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 2528, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2524, marcistar wrote: wait what even are the points on morph as scum? :skull:
Spoiler:
In post 2342, Lukewarm wrote:
1Lack of methodological approach.

This is again what drew my attention to you super early in the game, where you appeared to miss the context of pooky's readlist.

It resurfaced with your Sunflower vote in , where:

(1) you used sunflower's comment on hoods being swapped around against him, despite several other people having voiced the same theory, and him not being the the first one to say it. Even in the post you quoted, fire said that he "still" thinks that hood swapping makes sense, indicating that there was a prior discussion about the topic, but you did not follow up on that.

(2) you missed an entire page of people stating that Bingle's claim looked like a joke, and you simply took it at face value. Like, in order for you to make the claim in 2099, it would necessitate you having missed every single one of these posts?

Spoiler:
In post 1724, Bingle wrote:
In post 1721, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1720, Bingle wrote: Warm pup might also be scum, btw.
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
In post 1727, Bingle wrote: VOTE: Marcistar
In post 1728, Firebringer wrote: U just said u can't vote!
In post 1729, Bingle wrote:
In post 1728, Firebringer wrote: U just said u can't vote!
No I didn’t.
In post 1730, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1724, Bingle wrote: I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote
In post 1731, Bingle wrote: That doesn’t say I can’t vote.
In post 1738, Brian Skies wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
Wait, hold on, this is actually a thing?
In post 1746, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
Bingle, you're the main character
In post 1749, Dunnstral wrote: I thought Bingle was joking.
In post 1750, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
Wait how do you know there are hoods plural?

p-edit: oh, maybe
In post 1751, Sunflower wrote: i thought bingle was very definitely joking

:blossom:
In post 1752, Firebringer wrote: I think bingle has never told a joke in mafia game ever.
In post 1753, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1750, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

p-edit: oh, maybe
I was not sure what to think about the claim, but yeah him voting 2 posts later made me assume that the claim was a joke.
]

2Your interaction with me over my reads
In post 1844, morph the cat wrote: I don't agree on a couple of your reads, which should be obvious. Those are the ones I'm mulling. Do you need me to prioritize getting back to you on it? I was going to wait until we have a chance to sync on new data first.
You feeling like you need to talk to cabd, before you could talk to me about my reads seems very out of character for how I think of town!ffery.

Like, our game experience, once you decided that I was town, we have literally started our own in thread neighborhood to work through our thoughts, and that came across as you being hesitant to just chat with me on my throughts despite having me as one of your strongest town reads.

And once you did respond to them with , is felt like there was a lack of bite? Like, it did not feel like you were actually trying to challenge me on the things that you did not agree with me on, to work through the differences. You just kinda *pointed* at places where we differed.

3Our conversation about time stamps

I feel like my posts about your history of timestamps resulted in you posting on the back foot. Like you did not know where it was going, and that worried you.

It actually gave me the opposite vibes of our interaction where I original town read you, because it felt almost like you were worried that it was leading to a read shift from me. It seemed like you wanted to enagage with me to keep a tabs on it, but didn't know the right steps to take because it was an unexpected conversation. And you basically came out and said that it was distracting to you
In post 2142, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2138, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2134, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2127, Dunnstral wrote: I find the arguments against SirCakez persuasive. The time gap between posts and also how they entered the thread looking like they were ready to solve but then vanished around the time they would have slipped. Also the idea that they would be spending time looking for how they knew that info.

inorite?

Luke do you think there's something to this?
To the cakez stuff? Or to Dunn repeating it back?

Because I am currently voting Cakez
I didn't internalize this because of wondering about your focus on
my
occasional timing focus.
4 Minor ping
In post 2140, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2137, Lukewarm wrote: inevitable 1v1.
Note that they JUST saw this exact scenario as scum in Midscummer's, from Dunn/Gif scum hydra against Alisae/Maria town hydra.
This post felt off.

It did not feel like it was engaging in a way to substantiate a new point, but just to egg on my thoughts. Strengthen my read. But still let the point be originating from me.

5Cabd's recent interjections

Spoiler: relevant cabd posts
In post 2293, morph the cat wrote: Null is always where scum puts morph when we are approaching UTR status.

Calling us scum puts a bunch of heat on from the rest of the folks town reading us and makes them effort a case.

Calling us town means admitting that we have legitimate concerns and having to more directly address and tango.

But calling our well over there hundred posts "null" means having to do neither of those things until forced from a different impetus and allows status quo riding along.
In post 2296, morph the cat wrote: Sunflower won't case me but if they are town and genuinely scum reading me they think it's perfectly fine to let scum me have thread control for two whole game days. Lol nope.
In post 2297, morph the cat wrote: (a townie actually scum reading me is shouting that shit from the rooftops and urging the thread to stop following me blindly damn the personal consequences.)
In post 2302, morph the cat wrote: I mean if you're town and I'm scum it's called playing to your win condition.
In post 2303, morph the cat wrote: You're once again more worried about the consequences and fallout of pushing me than you are actually wanting to protect the town from a scary deepwolf.
In post 2306, morph the cat wrote: And I don't think you're a coward as town. So I'm left with the alternative. That you ARE playing to win con it's just not the one I have.

I know that cabd knows that you should not step in the way of a line of questioning, but he did it anyways. And the way that he did it does feel kinda bad faith as dann said. Or as I said
In post 2313, Lukewarm wrote: this would look a lot like you were trying to get ahead of anything sunflower might have to say, both to demoralize him and to discredit anything he did decide to put out.
That series of posts does set cabd up to either:

If Fireisredsir does not make a case, say "see, I told you he wouldn't do it," or
If fireisredsir does make a case say "He had to put it out there because of my posts saying that its a scum claim not to"
In post 2352, Lukewarm wrote: VOTE: morph

I reserve the right to feel differently in the morning.
In post 2498, Lukewarm wrote: So heres the thing, I had some cracking worries on morph, but still thought town, and it all kinda ramped up quickly last night.

I hated cabd's peanut gallery -> Typing out all of the things that had worried me actually strengthened them I wrote them -> And then I did not like ffery's response.

In particular her comments about the "engaging with me on my read" which felt like her general mindset of engaging with me is not what her general mindset I associate with town!ffery.
I think a lot of this is more 'ffery is sick' than anything ai tbh
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:12 am

Post by Lukewarm »

So.... I think at least some of my conviction of my morph scum read was being spurred on by being frustrated with cabd.

Everything that I said before is still floating around, but the amount of certainty I had when I cast my vote did not actually last.

If he had not frustrated me, I probably would still be sitting on my concerns, and just watching at this stage.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:13 am

Post by experience »

actually there are a lot of pages
i'll prob do a quick skim instead
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2630, experience wrote: actually there are a lot of pages
i'll prob do a quick skim instead
Maybe prioritize the people in your hood?

Both in the hood and out here.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:14 am

Post by experience »

prob a good idea
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:19 am

In post 2609, morph the cat wrote: wrong tab above. I decided not to post that but Dannflor changed my mind with his comment about neuterhalf's self-imposed time-out.
In post 2607, Hermit Crab wrote: I think that read feels like an easy way to call towb scummy but leave room to backtrack. My immediate reaction was the two are unaligned.

maybe so. she touched right on part of what bugged me about spiffeh especially after our read 180'd.

spiffeh townread me in a dance game where basically ALL of town were scumreading me. The only players besides Spiffeh that I recall offhand expressing townreads were scum. I eventually got paranoid of him
because
he townread me.

skitter was in that game, town, and scumread me all the way to my flip, iirc. firebringer, too. fireisredsir, three. STD four, BELL!!??!! five.

This game dynamic is very, very different. I'm not trying to draw parallels. but it's probably weighing on me in small ways even so.

I'm still mostly reading the ydra head here. It makes sense for town-skitter to be more cautious about reading me here. It probably makes sense for scum-skitter to play it noncommital, too.
Also the bit that really made me suspicious of spiffeh was how he immediately started appealing to you after the 'cred-trade' thing

I feel a little better with how he explained his approach to you in this game but still not sure i'm sold he's town
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Brian Skies »

VOTE: Cakez
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:35 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 2625, Lukewarm wrote: Is there a reason you asked the thread, instead of asking notty in your hydra chat? lol
Because I want to feel included!

-Herr Mitt
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:37 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

With that said, I told Chuck today that my marci townread was getting stale and it probably has to do with how much I don't agree with her takes.
Chuck told me to not worry about it and believe. It was great.

-Herr Mitt
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:41 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Oh also, it will be mostly me this weekend. So I will do my best to speed-burn all the town credit we have saved up in our shell by the end of this weekend, Any%.

-Herr Mitt
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:51 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2624, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2517, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2504, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1924, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1909, marcistar wrote: But im still slughtly confused

That big post seems like discrediting morphs thoughts without actually pushing them.

Was the dephy stuff really such a shining star?
I think scum have a VERY hard time making that "realization" seem genuine and natural like they did. This coupled with the immediate transition into town locking certain players for their reactions to it (most of which I agreed with) felt very pro-Town.

I also liked them harping on Pooky for not understanding and them ultimately coming around to a Pooky townread based on his response.

I know ffery says I am overstating the mindmeld but the above is what sold me.
This is where I'm at with them.
I have experienced a game where scum!cabd crafted a series of crumbs for scum!marci to drop, for him to then spot, point at, call marci lock town for.

Which then garnered both cabd and marci town reads by both town!ffery and town!Notty.

If anyone could pull exactly what you are describing it would be cabd (he has done it before)

That is part of the reason why I think that a scum!morph puts scum!marci back on the table.

But all that being said, the overall reaction to my points leaves me feeling like falling back and letting them lead for the day is the right path.
So I think this kind of breaks down if there's a traitor in there, so i'm having a hard time seeing forming associative based reads on the hood

I do think marci is a lot more likely to be town in traitor-hood world thob

I'm kinda going back and forth on how I feel abt marci

~ skitter

we're townreading her for how she figured out her hood/role, but her reads are really off from ours and makes me wonder about what's happening in her hood as well as how she's getting to some of her non-hood reads. I don't think there's going to be much meeting of the minds with her this game day.
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:58 am

i know this isn't a really popular take but i do think that how she outed the hood was kinda performative
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

VC 1.9
SirCakez 8 (Hermit, CSF, Firebagel, Firebringer, Dannflor, Lukewarm, STD, Brian Skies)
Gypyx 2 (Penguin, Pooky)
Sunflower 2 (Klick, Spiffeh)
marcistar 1 (Bingle)
Firebagel 1 (Dunnstral)
Pooky 1 (SirCakez)
Spiffeh 1 (Gypyx)
CSF 1 (Sunflower)

Not voting (Oblivion, marcistar, experience, Shello, morph)

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to obliterate.

Deadline: (expired on 2024-05-09 04:07:00)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:59 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2597, Hermit Crab wrote: While I'm aware that Chuck head played plenty of games with morph before, if you wonderful folks could add some explanation of why some of the past games are mentioned and how they relate to the reads, I would be much obliged. Unless they are hidden on purpose. Then crabshrug

-Herr Mitt

Notsci initiated it. I assume I understand, but I also assume he's already discussed the same stuff with you and that you ok'd sharing with us, since he said this:
In post 2150, Hermit Crab wrote: So. Now that I have been greenlit to start fully working with you two, advancing the gamestate is warranted. I’ve been putting in a lot of thought about our hood in particular, and I would really love to give a penny for both of your thoughts.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I was partly memeing when I said that, but I did have to ask what you were talking about back there!

-Herr Mitt
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:09 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2356, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2191, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I also think it was suspect that Brian Skies didn't react to the cakez thing at all. I think he might've been the only player around the time to post but not comment on it, but instead voted firebringer.
The whole thing about timestamps and whatnot has never been something that's been in my repertoire, so I don't know why anyone would be expecting a reaction from me.

As far as I'm concerned, we're lucky to get any Cakez at all considering he should still be on V/LA.
In post 2634, Brian Skies wrote: VOTE: Cakez
What gives?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:12 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2642, Hermit Crab wrote: I was partly memeing when I said that, but I did have to ask what you were talking about back there!

-Herr Mitt
You're along for the ride! Keep your antennae, claws and shell inside the vehicle at all times!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:34 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2643, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2356, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2191, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I also think it was suspect that Brian Skies didn't react to the cakez thing at all. I think he might've been the only player around the time to post but not comment on it, but instead voted firebringer.
The whole thing about timestamps and whatnot has never been something that's been in my repertoire, so I don't know why anyone would be expecting a reaction from me.

As far as I'm concerned, we're lucky to get any Cakez at all considering he should still be on V/LA.
In post 2634, Brian Skies wrote: VOTE: Cakez
What gives?
?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:41 pm

Post by morph the cat »

A more direct question: Why are you voting Cakez?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

He has the biggest wagon.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Is it weird to anyone else we haven’t had competing wagons this game?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Let’s start one