Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 am

Post by Klick »

Ydrasse is towny
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 242, Firebagel wrote:
In post 138, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Dunnstral feels town

Ohlivion's questions feel off

VOTE: oblivion
Dunn is tryharding and that worries me a little, so I'm on like the totally opposite page here.
Which posts in particular?
Because I feel like Dunn is doing the opposite.

-Herr Mitt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: actiondan
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 221, Sunflower wrote:
In post 149, Spiffeh wrote: 1. What makes morph and Dunn's takes about your fluffiness "interesting" and how does this inform your read on them?
2. Can you go into more detail on the ActionDan read?
1. morph was using one data point to make a bad read ("fire being fluffy = scum copying jupiter's style in order to cover for him" is just not good in a lot of ways) and i expect better of them particularly when they have access to a second data point that would make the read not make sense and they ignored it. by "interesting" i meant bad. i thought it was scummy at first but eh maybe not. dunn has also played with me a decent amount but his read didn't bother me, maybe because it sounded more gut

2. don't wanna

:blossom:
It was more than one data point, and it was one prong of our concerns last night.

Haven't seen cabd around this morning, and I'm still catching up.

PSA: I'm probably going to be a little slow-witted over the next couple of days. I seem to be in recovery mode now, from Covid.

Luke, I saw your question, and I'll get to it when I'm caught up. The short answer is, we wanted to play a couple cards close to our vest last night. Right now, not caught up, I'm not sure if that will still be the case.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 273, morph the cat wrote: I'm a little more concerned about another player in this game who sports the goodfellas banner from Mafia Invictus.
this made me realize we should have invited gammagoey and had a reunion

:blossom:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:00 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 129, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 81, morph the cat wrote:
In post 80, Firebringer wrote:
In post 78, morph the cat wrote: I see two problems with this so far.

And counting.
Penguin is townie even when he doesn't post
Noted, thanks, but not where the problems lie.
I am interested in your answer.

fwiw, every name on this list seems to be approximately where I would expect it to be coming from pooky at the moment I hit it lol
My concerns were wrt to disagreements with the list, not whether it was expectable.

What were
your
reads of the listed players when you saw the list?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

I think Firebringer was the first to say something about a PT last night.

Does he belong to one of the megahoods?
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 146, Oblivion wrote: To those who have expressed town reads on it, can it ask for a deeper look into the why behind those sentiments from each of you, for the purpose of its mental models?
Your prompt response pushing for an answer to your questions was self-assured in a towny way indicating you actually cared about the matter.
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:05 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 149, Spiffeh wrote:
These, along with their not so stellar (but not quite irredeemable!) early posts makes me happy with my vote on them.
Wow, "not quite irredeemable" is awfully strong language for being like six hours into the game. :o
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Thank you that really means a lot
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

VC 1.1
ActionDan 4 (marcistar, STD, Dannflor, Lukewarm)
Firebagel 3 (Dunnstral, Pooky, Hermit)
Pooky 2 (Sunflower, Firebagel)
marcistar 1 (ActionDan)
Oblivion 1 (CSF)
Spiffeh 1 (Gypyx)
Lukewarm 1 (Klick)
STD 1 (morph)
Sunflower 1 (Spiffeh)

Not voting (Brian Skies, Firebringer, Oblivion, Penguin, Shello, SirCakez, Bingle)

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to banish.

Deadline: Will update when I have more time
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: firebagel
<(") | (")>
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 280, morph the cat wrote: What were your
I feel like answering this question stops my line of questioning from being useful to me, but I pinky promise to respond to this after.

I kind of just want to know which two names did you object to, and why
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

The more I think about how Marci handled the hoods, the more I want to just town bin her for the rest of the game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 176, Spiffeh wrote: I am in a six person hood that is not Marci’s
Spiff does your hood also have an ominous mod message? Or is that localized to Marci's
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Yeah scumreading Marci for doing what she did is silly, when her claim increased chance of her-scum being eliminated to 20%.

-Herr Mitt
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@Luke Nope

My neighborhood consists of myself, Dunnstral, Hermit Crab, Bingle, SirCakez, and Firebringer if that hasn’t been said already
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:36 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 196, Dunnstral wrote: Klick are you ignoring the neighborhood info and doing your own thing with your read lists?
I wanted to say I think klicks play in the hood, like i wouldnt say incredibly clearing but i quite like it. I don't know how much of a leaky faucet they will put up with me being, but klick made a joke in there about the mafias "perk" that makes me think +town to them. Its kind of giving "lack of tmi". Additionally they look like maybe solving?
In post 200, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 175, marcistar wrote: If it helps

Theres a like ..5..? Idk how to count! Person hood and we got info that suggests scums in the hood.

I think its sus of action to say "0 or 1 scum in the hood" since i dont get why ceph would give that info if there wasnt scum in the hood?
I think hes scum trying to push the assumption of no scum in hood so he can get whateber that buff is.
In post 177, marcistar wrote: Really! Lets all claim our hoods! i am so fucking scared of mine what if theres multiple scum i know im an easy pocket..
i’m admittedly unused to this from marci (this being like… i guess not being pseudo trolly if not all out) but it matches what i think she could post as town

like it seems out of her wheelhouse to be a wolf and go hi guys. Neighborhoods? :) to me lol
I don't think i should be cleared for this. I can 100% do this as scum. Ydrasse? Should know better.
In post 205, ActionDan wrote:
In post 119, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 107, ActionDan wrote:
In post 92, Dunnstral wrote: My thoughts so far:

Sunflower in post struck me the wrong way as I wasn't expecting that post from fireisredsir, and then they had a lot of filler type posts. They then call me towny and I'm not sure what they are basing that off of either with the 4 posts I had before.

ActionDan's post rubs me the wrong way because I don't agree and don't know how they reached their conclusions. Perhaps they can explain.
Sunflower is because of forces outside the main thread. I will not explain that at this time, but may before the day is through.

Firebagel was because as an alt that may very well only exist for the purpose of stealing Firebringer's scum claiming gimmick, it hadn't posted for a page.
OK. Why is not posting for a page scummy?
People who engage in gimmicks like that place a high priority on RVS banter to form early reads. If they do not post while the iron is hot, the utility disappears as well.

---

I see our neighborhood has been outed. At first glance this worry from Maristar looks planned and manufactured. And with the goodfellas award I am discarding this as an oversensitive townie

VOTE: Maristar

Secondly CSF earns a permanent FOS for the Miller claim for this particular game alone.
In post 209, ActionDan wrote: There is more explicit information that hoodmembers are privy to that Marcistar has yet to share, and also implicit/speculative information that I'm not sure scum is aware of just yet (but it is likely). This will make sense later.
LOL NOT THE OMGUS. I want to know how this looks planned because a) how would i know you would say that shit and b) how would i have time to plan in in between reading things and getting ready for work??
You seem highly affected by me claiming this sr on you :oops: it does not ease my worries at all!
In post 220, Gypyx wrote:
In post 219, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 188, marcistar wrote: Also sunflower saying theres exactly 1 is a bit wonky but i think the "1 or 0" is farrr worse
I find marci's paranoia and handling of the hood info to be townie.

Gold star for marci
ditto'd

kinda curious if there's been conversations in the hood around claiming this?
I can assure you there hasn't been any talk about it. Me tired at 5/6am deciding hehe i have HOOD and everyone NEEDS to know about it.
Honestly thought the hood was acting so weirdly though like we're all acting like besties and shit and someone comes in and says "0 or 1 scum" when i havent even posted in it yet? Bffr!
I don't think this hood is good at all. Everyones so weird and im so scared.
In post 259, Dannflor wrote: csf and marcistar townie

shello and goodbye mildly townie

actiondan scummy

lukewarm mildly scummy
Personally im confused on the csf read, although i have read, not much has sunk in. Do you have anything to point out?
Shello and goodbye is something i kinda agree with? Fuck i dont remember but i remember their reads on someone a and someone b scumreading a was a pretty townie thing to think. Idk this confuses me too!
In post 260, Dannflor wrote: dunnstral is townie too

VOTE: actiondan
Don't 100% agree but thats just me being silly and building a dunn x actiondan association.
In post 265, Dannflor wrote: and lowkey i think fireisredsir is too good a scum player to post as scummily as he has thus far and also feel this relaxed tonally
I kinda agree, but also this is a dangerous reason so im not 100% sold on this read being real.
In post 271, Klick wrote:
In post 196, Dunnstral wrote: Klick are you ignoring the neighborhood info and doing your own thing with your read lists?
Yes

My personal opinion aligns with ActionDan. I could entirely see Ceph informing us of a mysterious reason to suspect the hood when in reality it's 5 town. I don't think there'd be more than one scum.
Why would he inform us when its 5 town? Sorry can you explain it.. i thought it would be answered in this thread but i dont see it :cry:

Luke is a hard read for me. I see i think mixed opinions? I dont think im as well versed with his alignment playstyles as he is with mine so i cant really say anything about him right now. I want to say town i reqlly do but last time i townread someone who protected me it all turned out very wrong.

Everyone else not mentioned is probably a meh until i can get things to soak in properly.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If anyone else was wondering, there does not appear to be any overlap between the hoods.

Spoiler:
In post 291, Spiffeh wrote: myself[Spiffeh], Dunnstral, Hermit Crab, Bingle, SirCakez, and Firebringer if that hasn’t been said already
In post 183, marcistar wrote: Myself[Marci], actiondan, sunflower, klick and dragons i think is all
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 287, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 280, morph the cat wrote: What were your
I feel like answering this question stops my line of questioning from being useful to me, but I pinky promise to respond to this after.

I kind of just want to know which two names did you object to, and why
Your answer kinda answers your question. Why are you so curious about this?
In post 288, Lukewarm wrote: The more I think about how Marci handled the hoods, the more I want to just town bin her for the rest of the game.
You're voting Action Dan, at least in part over his reaction to marci's neighborhood related posts. Do you expect him to know her towngame well enough not to have that reaction?
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

im not saying this trying to be rude even though it inevitably will be, its just necessary to explain my thoughts: based off of the last few games i have seen of you where you have basically not cared at all, been petulant and unhelpful at most chances i think that showing a modicum of helpfulness and worry clears a low bar for you as town

maybe you feel an obligation to a wolf team and thus are putting in a bit more work or something but i dont really believe in that world atm
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:41 am

that was @marci
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Dannflor »

i think actiondan's jump on marci is the type of jump on i see from scum pretty often when they think a townie has done something objectively scummy
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 292, marcistar wrote: I want to say town i reqlly do but last time i townread someone who protected me it all turned out very wrong
I don't think that me expressing a town read on you when you have one (1) vote on you can really even be called protecting you lol.

I just town read you
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:44 am

In post 297, Dannflor wrote: i think actiondan's jump on marci is the type of jump on i see from scum pretty often when they think a townie has done something objectively scummy
wdym

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”