Mini 50 (Newer York Confidential) Game Over!

Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:18 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Riven wrote:I Agree with the No-Lynch plan, BUT it has 1 flaw at the moment. There is still someone other than the vigilantes with a night kill ability. We need the machine gunners kill to be resolved before you get a no-lynch vote from me.

I wonder if there is more than one bad cop?
I wonder if the Masons are really just that?

Perhaps PBuG was the player witht he machine gunning kill on Night 1, which could explain why it didnt happen on Night 2?
Yes, these are all questions I have as well. All of which I am expecting to find answers for tonight. I didn't want to state these; afraid it might give a lot of my theories away. I am expecting a kill tonight, and I am also expecting it to be against me. But with so many of us having an ability, I am not that concerned. After everyone compares notes and go back over the role claims, I think we will have an answer to the Carnegie vs. Symphony issue. One innocent for three (possibly four) more investigations is a much better trade off than anything else we could pull off today.

What are all of your abilites, gslamm? We need to make sure and maximize our investigations tonight.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:06 pm

Post by gslamm »

Fishbulb wrote:What are all of your abilites, gslamm? We need to make sure and maximize our investigations tonight.
I'm a junior cop, Sgt. Freindly . (Seem pretty sane.) No kill, No block, Nothing fancy. I submit a name and get their name.

Which is one of the reasons I was skeptical about Coolbot and the person he cleared. It seems like a duplication of abilities. You've confirmed his role, but I then figured since I've confirmed my sanity (in a way) his must be "off". He says he got Riven as innocent therefore Riven is scum. Or I was correct to begin with and they both are scum. Now I'll admit I don't know ...

You see I wasn't exactly making a blind leap when I jumped up and down about Riven. I'm no longer willing to eat my hat if he turns out to be pro town though. I definately think he needs to be investigated.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:11 pm

Post by JazzRed »

Fishbulb, I think there is another flaw in your plan: You think the investigations will clear up the Carnegie v Symphony mafia issue, but wouldn't you likely get a "guilty" or "mafia" result whenever you investigate a member? I still don't see how no lynch gets us anywhere.
Guess what? No. You're wrong. The answer's 7.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:51 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Are you really paying attention? The only one who has that ability that you described is CoolBot. That is all. The rest of us have a completely different style of investigation. While there are several cops, the only one with a cop-like ability is CoolBot.

That kinda sucks that you don't have anything better, gslamm. I'm not sure a name would be helpful at all right now. As far as a duplication of abilities, so far none of them are duplicates. You check name, CoolBot checks motive, Riven checks associates, and I do background checks. So they are all different. Only real issue is that none of them are particularly useful by themselves. But I am hoping if we focus on the mafia members, we will get something to help us out with the confusion. Not sure what, but it's much better than a random lynch at this point. If we were to lynch someone, however, I'd say let's go for Someone. Sure it's just random, but he's the only one who's been quiet for a while, as if he is trying to not get involved with any serious discussion. But I'm not sure you'd be such a fan of that plan either, JazzRed.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:07 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, the mod is on vacation until the 2nd, so no need to rush. I'd really like to hear what some of you who haven't said much (FinalFear, Night Stalker, CoolBot) think about my idea. We really need to hear what everyone thinks.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:57 am

Post by mneme »

Actually, while I -am- on vacation, apparrently, T-Mobile has service in Toronto, so I should be able to run a night from out here if I need to.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:21 am

Post by CoolBot »

I don't fishbulb. It does give evil a free kill. I have to think about it a bit.
You see I wasn't exactly making a blind leap when I jumped up and down about Riven
Could you clear this up a little bit? What was pointing you towards Riven? I suppose Riven could be a new mafia recuit or something else without a record. Then, his file would be clean and I'd get a result of innocent.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:29 am

Post by JazzRed »

I'm still not liking the no lynch plan. Exactly what are the specific abilities all you investigators claim to have? I still have the feeling I'll come up evil as results of investigations....

Anyhow, I still see no way this no-lynch plan does any good. Especially if some of the inspectors aren't inspectors (I know I've said this before, but I still see no reason to believe otherwise).
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:30 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, we can't do
anything
with just the four of us. Where is everyone? I'd like to hear other ideas here. I'm open to anything.

If everyone would rather lynch someone, then I say we lynch Someone. Obviously, I'll need some more help here, since I doubt JazzRed would vote for him. But he hasn't said anything much here, feels like he is hiding something.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:21 am

Post by Night Stalker »

I'm in favor of the no lynch, but I think we should hold it off until we get answers to some more questions.

One thing that hasn't been asked: What's the role of the "corrupt cop"(s)? If the mafia is innocent, then they'd be my guess as the machine gunners - except a corrupt cop was killed by the machine gunners on night 1.

It seems from his death scene that Captian Happy was in the pay of the Carnegie mafia. Someone, JazzRed, what can you tell us about his role and his connection with your mafia?

(AFAIK, there's no corrupt cop associated with the Symphony Mafia...)
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:49 am

Post by CoolBot »

BTW, the questions in my previous post were addressed towards gslamm
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:27 am

Post by gslamm »

Sorry busy. REAL BUSY. be back Sunday.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:58 am

Post by Someone »

Yep, he was on our payroll. We could send a letter via the mod to Captian Happy--he couldn't talk to us back. As for what we said to him, ask Jazz. I don't know.

I'm in favor of the no-lynch plan. I'm pretty sure that some of our cops will be completely sane and that they'll be able to get good results on who is behind the killings.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:03 am

Post by JazzRed »

What I said to Captain Happy? Not a word, seeing as how he was all dead and stuff :). But ya, he was on our payroll, which made the first night deaths even worse. Not only did we lose a cop, we lost a crooked cop and I didn't even get to find out what he could do :(. Still not liking the No Lynch plan... Maybe lynch whoever hasn't posted the longest?
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:28 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

If this game really is backwards, and the mafia are pro-town and the cops are killers... then a corrupt cop would be one who'd be helping the mafia stop the cops from murdering everyone. And the other cops would want to kill him...
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:33 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I thought of that, too. But it isn't just black and white. I am a cop, but it pretty much is the same as the rest of the role claims. I want the killings to stop. However, I cannot speak for gslamm and FinalFear. But since gslamm had an investigative ability (which he demonstrated), I don't see him having a killing role, as well. That being said, I am not ruling it out.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:11 am

Post by gslamm »

gslamm wrote: You see I wasn't exactly making a blind leap when I jumped up and down about Riven
CoolBot wrote: Could you clear this up a little bit? What was pointing you towards Riven? I suppose Riven could be a new mafia recuit or something else without a record. Then, his file would be clean and I'd get a result of innocent.
I'm having trouble explaining it now, but basically: If we got 8 info roles, at least one of them will be insane. When you flat said Riven got an innocent result I worked out that you were the most likely to be insane. There is another possibility where you and Riven are both evil...

As for corrupt cops: I'm not corrupt and I'm on the towns side so what Fishbulb said...

Still sticking with No Lynch till we get another plan or new direction to go in.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:57 am

Post by Night Stalker »

Rereading the thread, I noticed something at the very begining:
mneme wrote:Newer York, a quiet town. Actually, it's never been quiet -- Newer York has always had
mafia. But things haven'g been this violent for a while. Recently, there's been a rush of mafia killings, so the citizens of Newer York have decided to get together, and kill their own,
Until the Killings Stop
[Emphisis mine.]

So, if we don't lynch anyone today - and no one kills tonight - it looks like we've fufilled our win condition!

As I promised, I'm going to withhold my kill tonight. FinalFear, please do the same. If my "Mod is evil" theory is correct, we might just be able to win tomorrow. And if not, our multitude of investigators will be able to report their results tomorrow.

Since I'm out of questions:

Vote: No Lynch
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:25 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Yea! More people finally understand my original plan. Worst case scenario: We're wrong; someone dies; we get some new investigations. Doesn't look too bad, people.

So, is that three for No Lynch? You gonna put your vote on it, Someone?
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:31 am

Post by Someone »

The more I read the more convincing it sounds to me
Voto:no lynch
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:33 am

Post by FinalFear »

so does anyone want a kill tonight?
vote: no lynch
if we're not killing anyone based one our opinions right now, i don't see a reason for one later.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:32 pm

Post by Riven »

i believe thats 5 votes for no lynch.

but i'll add mine anyways.

Vote: No Lynch
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:08 am

Post by Fishbulb »

No, no killing tonight. That is the whole point. If you choose to kill someone, the odds are too great that you will kill an innocent. Let's go through a night and see what happens.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:28 am

Post by mneme »

After an exiting day, with all members of the town claiming "pro-town" roles, most citizins decide that things are simply too confusing, and go home without chosing to lynch anyone.

It is now night.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:12 am

Post by mneme »

The sun rises on a happier, friendlier Newer York. The birds are singing,
the bees are stinging, and the citizens are happier and less confused than
ever before.

Except, that is, for CoolBot(Jenny, Researcher), who is found dead, in City
Hall, having been shot dead with a single shot in the back of the head at
point blank range. There is little sign of a struggle, but evidence shows
that she was held in place before being executed.

In the meanwhile, the Newer York Times has the following front page:

==================================

SECRET CLAN MEETS AT NIGHT

The Newer York Times has discovered the identity of 2 members (Jazzred &
Someone) of a secret clan who met at an undisclosed location during Night 2.

We can only speculate as to the reason this clan is meeting.
Seargent Friendly, when asked for comment, said something that sounded like
"Pank. Pank. Pank."

A confident Captain Neighbour was heard to exclaim "We will get to the bottom
of this tonight. You can't kill all of us."

The Reporter (Riven)

=====================================

4 to lynch

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”