Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

What? And give away the dramatic finale?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Yes! I want to go to bed...

Ok, you know what, Im going to stop bullshitting, im the last remaining scum, fooled you!
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

:lol:

Hey, seriously, I would tell you but it would take all the fun out of it for the moderator, wouldn't it?

Regards,
Jazz
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ok Im telling you I am scum, I felt like playing the day out longer for the laughs. You;ll find that I do that as scum in endgame. Netlava is the quack.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

It's a darned shame that you ruined the mod's fun, then. But better you than me. :twisted:
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Final Vote Count for the Game

Netlava (2)- jazzmyn, porochaz

jazzmyn (1)- Netlava

not voting (0)

As it was down to the final 3 with 1 switch left to deactivate, Jazzmyn was convinced that Netlava was scum and vice versa which left it all down to porochaz to decide who was to be killed. After having a long thought about it, he finally decided to kill Netlava. After that an immediate search of Netlavas body was made. Porochaz and Jazzmyn were then disappointed to find a piece of paper. At that moment they stared at each other with shock. Then they decided to read the piece of paper which had information proving that porochaz wasn’t a qualified doctor after all which had Jazzmyn even more confused. Then after doing a further search of Netlava the final switch was discovered. Both of them were relieved and celebrating at the same time. Then they quickly turned the final switch off and then realized they were free to leave the hospital. After 5 grueling days in the hospital the 2 of them left to be cheered by a monumental crowd then followed by all the hostages that were freed. Then the shock of there lives came. There in front of them was raider8169. That night raider told them the story of his escape. In summary he got a message on his phone saying that his wife had given birth to a baby boy in another hospital. He had then requested to leave just before he was about to be killed and the scum had enough sympathy to let him go so long as he told absolutely no one. The next day there was a parade in honoring the 3 remaining survivors who had saved hundreds of hostages in the hospital and at the same time saved the government millions. All 3 of them received the highest commemoration in bravery. But also the 6 other innocent people who had lost there lives in sacrifice to save the hostages were also mentioned and will never ever be forgotten.

Netlava- Mafia Tracker- Lynched Day 5

Which means

THE TOWN WINS

Still to come from me.
- Some questions about the game I would like answered
- My personal oponion
- The Night choices
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Oh and here are the night discussion pages.

Mafia Discussion page

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/Fsuvqasa9aiV

Mason Discussion page

http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/KV8CvqC6LMQ
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Woohoo Im still alive!!!

Great game everyone. Good modding mufinhead!
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by muffinhead »

thanks raider. Also congrats on becoming a farther.

Ok since the game is finished I would appreciate the following questions answered by anyone who played or watched this game. Of course this is totally optional. This is just so I get an understanding and some oponions from others. Finally honesty in answering these questions will be even more appreciated.

1)- How much did you enjoy this game compared to other mafia games you have played on mafiascum or elsewhere?

2)- Did you enjoy the roles in the game including doctors, quacks and masons?

3)- Do you think the set-up was equally fair for the town and the mafia?

4)- Where/how do you think the game could've been improved?

5)- Could you play in another game involving quacks and masons?
Now the reason I ask this is because this was meant to be my last game here and to finish off by modding one game. However since I enjoyed modding this one so much I might mod another quacks and masons normal with around 14-17 players
IF
I get enough intrest.

Ok now for anyone intrested here are the night choices

Night 1-
militant protects springlullaby
light-kun protects springlullaby
porochaz
pacman281292
at the time protects/KILLS springlullaby
Dattebayo protects springlullaby
Netlava tracks Jazzmyn
sotty7
at the time
Mafia kills light-kun

Night 2-
porochaz
pacman281292
at the time protects/KILLS Dattebayo
Netlava tracks porochaz
pacman281292
at the time
Mafia do not submit kill

Night 3-
militant protects riceballtail
mafia kills raider8169

Night 4-
mafia kills riceballtail

Still to come from me
- my personal summary of the game
- The story behind the setup
Show

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:10 am

Post by raider8169 »

Thank you!!!

Little guy is at 12 pounds at almost 2 months. Getting too big already.

Mafia missed a nk, I thought they just happened to pick the same person.
1)- How much did you enjoy this game compared to other mafia games you have played on mafiascum or elsewhere?

1) I really enjoyed the game. I was just a plain townie in most of my games, so this was a nice change. There was a lot of possible outcomes and that was left in the hands of everyone. This is one of my favorite games thus far.

2) I thought the roles were good. Though how we played it or was suppose to play it the docs and quacks were just townies until the quacks were killed off.

3) I thought the set up was fair how we played it but if town just protected at random then this game would have been over very fast. Not sure the tracker had as much of a role how we played but that one could have spotted a mason or possible mason.

4) Not sure how it could have been improved I think it was good the way it was, anything different would give a big advantage to either side.

5) I would be for playing in quacks and masons mafia 2. I will be LA later in the year but for now /pre in.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:23 am

Post by militant »

muffinhead wrote:

Now the reason I ask this is because this was meant to be my last game here and to finish off by modding one game. However since I enjoyed modding this one so much I might mod another quacks and masons normal with around 14-17 players
IF
I get enough intrest.
1. I enjoyed this game more so then any on this site by far even though I missed 6 or 7 pages of it. I have played some really fun themed games elsewhere though but as you could imagine they were equally as fun but for different reasons.

2. I did, they made more speculation which made the game interesting. I especially liked not knowing my own role.

3. Yes.

4. Activity levels but that is not your doing or something you could have improved without replacing people or just waiting for them to return. Otherwise I cannot think of anything.

5. I definatley want to play and would also like to /Pre In if possible.

Also. Yay, Town Win. I played for town. Go me!
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Wooooooot! Way to go, town! And that was wonderful endgame flavour there, muffinhead, with raider quietly leaving the hospital with the consent of the scum in order to attend to his new son's birth and all. :)

Re: mod's questions:
1) I enjoyed it a lot. I had never been a mason before, so it was really neat for me to know for sure that certain other players were townies, but I think it also would have been a real blast to be a doctor and not know for sure whether you were a quack or not. And it also would have been a blast to be scum. So, yeah, I really like the setup in which everyone has a role besides vanilla townie as there are so many possibilities for how things can go.

2)- Yes!

3)- Yes.

4)- I think the only way it could have been improved was with more activity but that has nothing at all to do with your moderating, and was instead purely player-driven.

5)- Definitely! If you do decide to host another one, I too would love to /pre in.

Regards,
Jazz
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by roflcopter »

god i just can't express enough what a clusterfuck we were as a scum team

net, why didn't you fucking tell us sotty was a mason when you tracked her? you gave me the impression she was NOT a mason.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

roflcopter wrote:net, why didn't you fucking tell us sotty was a mason when you tracked her? you gave me the impression she was NOT a mason.
Doesn't a tracker only get told if/whether the person he tracks actually targets someone (i.e., either sotty targeted X or sotty targeted nobody)? Since masons couldn't target anyone at night, how could Netlava be expected to know that sotty/I was a mason as a result of tracking him/me?

Regards,
Jazz
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by roflcopter »

because we had somehow successfully hoodwinked the town into all targeting spring that night, so anyone who had a negative track result had to be mason

day one went so well too

*headdesk*

i think the real problem is that i just suck as mafia
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Ok before I start I should just note in the defense or Netlava, sotty7 did not respond at the end of day one and just as I was about to replace him the game went into night and was replaced the next day, so even if he was a doctor I highly doubt he wouldve submitted a choice.

First of all I would like to thank hasdgfas for reviewing the game. An intresting fact is that this will be the first game with quacks that the town has won on mafiascum as far as I know.

Now this game I was to mod was orginally going to be my last as I already mentioned. So I wanted to have a setup never ever done before. Something that I can claim that I came up with. I also wanted it to be a setup which would be fun to watch.

For those curious of where I got the quack role from, it was actually my first/only power role I have had on mafiascum. It was actually in my first mini normal here and even though I only lasted 2 days, it was one of my more enjoyable. Here is the thread for anyone intrested.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 30&start=0

So far all games with quacks have just had doctors. So I thought what if there were quacks and masons in the one game? It fitted everything I said above that I wanted in my game plus it would slightly help the town since they had never won a quacks game. Thats where I got the idea from.

The original setup of the game was to have 4 docs, 3 masons, 2 quacks and 3 mafia members. It is cause of hasdgfas I added the mafia tracker, in fact he suggested more roles as well for the mafia such as a role cop or a role blocker but I was afraid to give the mafia to much power and besides it was only a mini normal.

About the game

Now the aim was to give everyone the roles in the game, but see how the town uses them best. For anyone curious I used the dice feature to decide the roles of each person.

I was a little worried at first because I dont think 1 person in this game had played with quacks before which wouldve been a disadvantage to the town. It also meant that the group didnt use the no-lynch and then pairings on night 1 which is traditional in quack games. What it would mean is that each person would be in pairs of 2 and the pairs would target each other. If your partner dies that night it either makes you a quack of scum, or in the case of this game a mason, however you could confirm that you are a mason with someone else saying so. An example of this is in the game I played in above.

That is why I was kind of dissapointed at first since that strategy wasnt used and I personally wanted to see how the players would respond to it. What this strategy does is give you somthing to discuss on day 2.

I think the day 1 strategy was a failure for the town because it left 3 townies dead and the group had nothing to keep conversation going. It was intresting to see some of the small but useful tactics such as the docs target no one untill all the quacks are dead.

To me the one mistake that cost the mafia was not targetting anyone on night 2. Espicially the fact that they were choosing between riceballtail and raider (2 masons) I kept rechecking to see whether it had really been 72 hours which it had been. It was also more shocking to see pacman target Datte left for a very intresting day 3. Even more intresting was the fact that Netlava tracked pacman that night. This night brought all the roles into the game and for that I was acutally glad.

It was also intresting to see Netlava voting rolf and suntzu his other 2 partners and vice versa. I dont know whther this was a deliberate tactic or not but it turned out to be useful later on. This is why I believe militant was lynched day 4 instead of Netlava as Netlava didnt look like having any connections with the other 2 confirmed mafia members.

In the end I was really glad it came down to 3 players which basically showed that the setup was a sucess and was fair. What made this most enjoyable was the fact that the game had some great players which made it heaps of fun.
Show

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Riceballtail »

muffinhead wrote: Night 3-
mafia kills raider8169
I just want to say that this makes me feel like a complete jerk for pushing for your lynch. :(
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 am

Post by militant »

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you ;)
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Ok with 3 people pre inned im still not sure whther I will make a mini normal. Any how I will proberbly have about a month off then make a decision. If I do go through with another game then I will pm those who have pre inned.
Show

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

muffinhead wrote:

Its been good in comparison, I usually dont do open games and was suprised that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would

This game suits the simpleness. Therefore its fine

Felt it was slightly in the towns favour. However it was close and I dont balance games so...

I dont know, this game personally I have a few suggestions. The game in general no.

Maybe open game not large, this is because its better suited as a smaller game, I think it could get fairly repetitive for those involved if lasted longer.

IF
I get enough intrest.

Ok now for anyone intrested here are the night choices

Night 1-
militant protects springlullaby
light-kun protects springlullaby
porochaz
pacman281292
at the time protects/KILLS springlullaby
Dattebayo protects springlullaby
Netlava tracks Jazzmyn
sotty7
at the time
Mafia kills light-kun

Night 2-
porochaz
pacman281292
at the time protects/KILLS Dattebayo
Netlava tracks porochaz
pacman281292
at the time
Mafia do not submit kill

Night 3-
mafia kills raider8169

Night 4-
mafia kills riceballtail

Still to come from me
- my personal summary of the game
- The story behind the setup
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:52 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”