Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by icemanE »

FINAL VOTE COUNT:

Pyrodwarf - 3: mrfixij, Xtoxm, curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog - 2: Erratus Apathos, Pyrodwarf
mrfixij - 1: G-Force

Not voting: Scheherazade, orangepenguin
With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes for a lynch.

Thankfully, the local law enforcement did its job last night and found a nice target for lynch today.

Pyro is brought to the gallows.

Everyone gathers round as the mask is placed over his face.

THUNK!

Just by the sound it made when he dropped, you can tell Pyro was a
MAFIA GOON!
Nice lynchin'!

So everyone settles in for the night, hoping for a more restful night than the last one. And you know what, they'll get it. This town is now scum free.

TOWN WINS!
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by icemanE »

So clearly this game was weighted towards the town - I was actually expecting the opposite - I thought having an SK involved would make this a more scum-probable game.

Feel free to post any thoughts or comments - I had a great first experience as a mod, especially since I wound up with such an active group. Nice job everybody!

I'll put up the roles and night actions momentarily.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by icemanE »

mrfix - cop
bio - doc
OP - vig
Xtom - Mason
Rice - Mason
Sche - vanilla
Gforce - vanilla
curious - vanilla
EA - vanilla
volkan - mafia RB
Pyro - mafia goon
Rhino - SK

NIGHT ACTIONS:

N1

Mrfixij - Checked Pyrodwarf
bionicchop - Protected orangepenguin
Pyrodrawf - Killed bionicchop
orangepenguin - killed Rhinox
Rhinox - Killed Riceball
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by icemanE »

The one thing I feel took away from the enjoyment of this game was the whole BG replacement factor. That was a real drag - I can't speak for you players, but for me it was painful to watch vollkan get punished for BG's poor play and abandonment of the game - if I was playing I'm sure I would have been on vollkan's wagon, but nonetheless, it was unfortunate.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Wow, I thought he was kidding about just one partner.

Yeah ice, games with SK still have 3 scum normally. Giving the town the same number of power roles as normal (even with a mafia RB) is a little skewed for town.

I generally am not a great fan of SKs because they do add an element of luck to the game. Scum can play a good game and get offed by the SK for being too convincing as town.

I think you modded well though.

Side note - I prefer to always counter claim immediately for many reasons (unless I suspect multiple of the same role). The obvious is a scum power role as possible. The other is it becomes harder to get the proper lynch in later days. As a power role, I feel my life is always worth exchanging for the life of 1 scum. A 1 for 1 trade generally favors the town IMO. It also becomes easier to find scum when some scum are already found.
The above written statement is pro-town.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

icemanE wrote:The one thing I feel took away from the enjoyment of this game was the whole BG replacement factor. That was a real drag - I can't speak for you players, but for me it was painful to watch vollkan get punished for BG's poor play and abandonment of the game - if I was playing I'm sure I would have been on vollkan's wagon, but nonetheless, it was unfortunate.
Generally a player replacing in should expect to come into a bad situation (I am sure Vollkan did). Some are obviously worse than others - as was BG leaving in a fit. Vollkan played admirably in that position. I haven't replaced into many games where the player I replaced didn't have a decent scum stain on them.
The above written statement is pro-town.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

This was definitely a fun game. Before this game, I was never a vig before. It was awesome that we got scum day 1, and I managed to go against popular opinion and lynch Pyrodrawf, and lynch SK, even though PD ended up scum. Good thing mrfixij claimed. Especially when I was considering vigging him tonight. Although, if we lynched him, and he flipped cop, it'd be really easy to figure out that he got a guilty on pyro.

This was pretty fun.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by mrfixij »

One more thing that you could have done to keep yourself alive longer is claim miller as SOON as you see the guilty on you.
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I sort of felt bad for vollkan too, I was certian that the push to lynch was scum driven
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

yeah, but would claiming miller have helped me more than calling you parinoid/insane?
Nectar of the Gods.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

If miller, claim page one. Simple as that.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

Wow, go town.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Mrfixij was cop after he started being so insistent that pyro was scum.

As for my play, I'm disapointed that I was nked so quickly... Maybe I shoulda toned down my play a bit. I tried to be pro-town enough to not get lynched, but scummy enough to not be scum target. The reason I said I didn't believe orange's claim is because if it got to endgame and orange and I were both still alive, I thought it might work to counter claim vig and accuse him of being SK, which would support why I didn't originally believe his claim.

My motivation for not wanting to lynch vollkan was actually pro-town, I think, as well as self-preserving. I wasn't sure that he was scum, so I thought instead of lynching him, he would have made a better vig choice. Being a vig choice, I could be sure that I wouldn't be vigged. My plan was for me to pick volkan to kill at night, knowing orange would do the same to both assure volkan would die if orange was blocked or killed, and to hide the presence of an sk. Letting volkan live til night would have also given the town a chance to try to find the other scum on D1.

After volkan was lynched, I knew I would take some heat for defending volkan if I made it to day 2. Killing RBT was about self-preservation. I knew a confirmed townie and the claimed mason would be high scum nk priorities, so that would buy me at least an extra night or 2. Unfortunately I never got to see how D2 would play out with me alive because orange was on to me for not believing him.

Open question for everyone: If orange had vigged pyro N1 instead of me, how do you think D2 would have played out?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, you were actually the one I wanted to go for next, after Volkan, and I was hoping you'd get vigged.

Between my being clear and OP's kill I can't see you having made it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

X, just so maybe I can play a better SK next time, did you think I might be SK, or did you think I was mafia defending Vol?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:46 am

Post by orangepenguin »

When I vigged you, I was pretty sure you were mafia. Didn't even know for sure whether or not there was a SK.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:00 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Well, GG ya'll.
Nectar of the Gods.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Rhinox wrote:X, just so maybe I can play a better SK next time, did you think I might be SK, or did you think I was mafia defending Vol?
I thought you were mafia, I hadn't even considered an SK. Didn't surprise me to see you flip SK though. Still a scum role.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Rhinox »

@ orange and X: yeah I was afraid of that. I sorta took that chance by sort of defending vol, but I did actually think there was a chance vol could have been town.

Either way, I thought I would get away with it because scum don't usually defend there scum partners as hard and directly as I defended vol D1.

Oh well, still a fun and long D1, and despite the quick game, I learned a lot. Hope to play with you all again sometime.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by vollkan »

GG all. Funnily enough, that was actually one of the most enjoyable games I have had recently.

The weirdest thing was that I genuinely did think the case against me/BG was pure BS.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah, it was...

But I voted babygirl because of her weird habit of voting claimed powerroles. That just rubbed me the wrong way. And then the case came, which was based mostly on meta, which isn't always a good place to base everything. But, whatever, it worked. :)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:53 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”