UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:35 am

Post by AniX »

You all awaken to find that only mneme is missing from your super-human club. Fearing the worst, you each use your powers to try and locate mneme. Suddenly, you spot him hanging from a lightpole, wrapped up in a sticky fluid that appeared to resememble spider's web. Its safe to say he didn't do much last night, as the web holds strong. However, you finally manage to get him down.

Day 2-It's Clobbering Time! :D
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:44 am

Post by Phoebus »

For lack of night kills and given the fact that we were told Spidey seems to have trussed mneme up and while I'm wondering if the Vig was lucky after all...I'll
vote: mneme
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:33 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Interesting, I wonder if mneme can possibly tell us if the fact that there was no kill and he was found bound to a pole are related.

Vote: Mneme
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:37 am

Post by mneme »

No, they're not.

Since it looks like I'm claiming today, like it or lump it...

I'm Cypher. I can "Speak all languages". AKA: townie, no useful abilities at all. :(
Did I say too much?
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:27 pm

Post by Toodle »

Phoebus sure came out guns ablazing. He didn't even ask for an explanation from mneme, just voted. I think he's playing a very clever game of cat and mouse.

Vote: Phoebus
Live, Grow Stronger, Fight another day.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:23 pm

Or maybe it's an elaborate scheme by Phoebus to give up his partner early to seem innocent. I know some would say it's too early for scum to do something like that, but maybe that's what he's planning on us thinking... Or maybe I'm just talkin' BS :P :roll:
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:43 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

No deaths and mneme role blocked... looks pretty straightforward, although it's not a guaranteed connection of course.

vote mneme
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:47 am

Post by KingEnigma »

i'm fairly large into comics, and I do not see where a character that has been dead for years and even then had barely a prescence back then could be in this game.

Cypher-A new mutant, which is a class of X-Men Trainees. (they became X-Force, but not Cypher, because he was dead!) This role claim does seem out there.

Vote: mneme
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:13 am

Post by Caveman »

A have to agree with the aforestated reasons to
vote mneme
Time flies when you're lynching scum.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:50 am

Post by mneme »

That should be a lynch, so I might as well add my voice to
:evil:

And hey -- the Cypher claim was silly, but who -else- would be a townie in a Marvel game? Rick Jones?

-- Spiral, who like Cypher, is a marvel character out of another age...

(damned roll blocker, spoiling my fun...)
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:50 am

Post by mneme »

That should be a lynch, so I might as well add my voice to
:evil:

And hey -- the Cypher claim was silly, but who -else- would be a townie in a Marvel game? Rick Jones?

-- Spiral, who like Cypher, is a marvel character out of another age...

(damned role blocker, spoiling my fun...)
Did I say too much?
Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:40 am

Post by Caveman »

I guess we are still waiting for night.

Just wanted to say that ya'll should go get the new Avengers #500.
They are just starting a huge storyline (Avengers "Disassembled"). I read the first one yesterday. Very cool. And it might give you some ideas as to what roles may be around.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:32 am

Post by AniX »

After finding no dead bodies last night, and mneme all webbed up, you could find no other conclusion but mneme was a villian. You all appouch him, but he cries "Hey, what are you guys doing? I'm just a guy who can speak all languages. Listen. Je ne donner pas un hamburger. See, see?" But you all continue advancing, and he reveals his six swords. "I will not fall to your hand!" he cries, and slices himself up.

Spiral-Spiral is a 6-armed sword-wielder from Mojoworld. As such, the earth virus cannot affect her memory.-You are a Minion of Doom, and you and the other Minions of Doom may communicate at night.Once per night,You and the other Minions of Doom get to nightkill a player.You and the Minions of Doom may communicate with one another at night. However, Dr. Doom decides who does the killing.-Evil

Night, People of the City of NY.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:38 am

Post by AniX »

Dragon Phoenix AKA The Amazing Spiderman, was just finishing hanging someone from a street light when his spider sense went off like a siren. He barely was able to dodge the laser bullet, spotting a green cloaked armored man below him on the ground. The man lifted his gun again, and fired multiple times, Spidey's spider sense allow him to dodge each one. He finally came to rest of the side of a building. "Who are you suppose to be? The Green Assassin?" The Man just smiled and pulled out a remote control. "Be honored you had the fortune to be killed by Doom, Spiderman." he said, then laughed maniacally and pushed the button...

You awaken to to find a building completely burnt out from the inside. A few feet from the hollowed building was a figure, burned and charred beyond reconizion. You are puzzled as to who this figure is, until you spot the metal device on his wrist, and it soon dawns that Spiderman is not with the group.

Spiderman-Spiderman was bitten by an radioactive spider and given spiderlike powers, including the knowledge of how to create a webbing using technology.-Once per night, you may prevent a player from having any effects done to or done by them by using your webs. However, if you do this more then 2 nights in a row, you must skip a night to reload.-Good

Not far from the explosion, you find Toodle hanging from a pole, wrapped up in web fluid.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:50 am

Post by Quailman »

Hmmm... Toodle was blocked. Toodle did not do the killing. This doesn't totally vindicate Toodle, but we have another fish to fry today.

Yesterday started and ended so quickly - I was out of town all week - that we didn't get much. With three bad guys on ice, I'm hoping there's only one more. If so, then it's clearly not Toodle. Anyone have anything they want to share?
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:41 am

So, day again. With seven players, that makes 4 to lynch. Toodle is
practicaly
cleared in my view (not guaranteed, but most likely) since I agree it's most likely one scum left.

And so far all the town has lost is a roleblocker and a target redirector. That means we likely still have our cop, doc, vigilante etc. and we're after Dr. Doom. So unless there's some kind of curveball thrown in, like a traitor, or an extra baddie, the town has it pretty easy right now.

Might this be a time where having people claim could really narrow the possible targets?
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:56 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Okay I reread everyones post, from the orginal lynching we had two people not vote for Yanqush. lulu and quailman.

Neither of these placed a vote on mneme either for the lynch. Looking back Quailman did place a vote onto Yanqush back during the random voting, but lulu as far as I can tell did not. This is not a lot to go on, but its what I found.

Also, I would like to add my name into that list of "likely still have..." I'm on that list of roles, but i'm keeping which one to myself. Dont need to give out ammunition if we dont have to.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:16 am

Well it matters not to me what everyone else does, but I'm going to come out because I feel mine could be a game winning role.

I am the Punisher. Every night I can follow a person and if that person tries to kill anyone I block them and kill them. So I'm the one that killed massive night 1. Night 2 followed KingEnigma, Night 3 followed Toodle. So if there's only one evil left there are a few ways nights could go...

a) I find evil, evil tries to kill, I kill evil instead, we win.
b) I find evil, evil doesn't kill, we got a free night.
c) I don't find evil, evil kills, at least we have fewer targets
d) I don't find evil, evil doesn't kill, we got a free night.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:37 am

Post by Quailman »

KingEnigma wrote:Okay I reread everyones post, from the orginal lynching we had two people not vote for Yanqush. lulu and quailman.

Neither of these placed a vote on mneme either for the lynch. Looking back Quailman did place a vote onto Yanqush back during the random voting...
I originally placed a random vote on Yanqush. I later changed it to Caveman. Then on July 9th:
Quailman wrote:[bolding removed]unvote: caveman; vote: Yanqush[/br]
I never changed this vote. My name appears in two or three vote counts. And I explained that yesterday came and went while I was on a week-long backpacking trip in Wyoming.
KingEnigma as he placed the lynching vote wrote:...I promise this is only to get the game moving along.

[bolding removed]Vote: Yanqush[/br]
FOS: KingEnigma
for using incorrect 'facts' to try and throw suspicion my way. The fact that Mr_Gnome_It_All followed you night two doesn't clear you. It just means
you
didn't try to kill that night.If we don't come up with a better candidate I will upgrade that to a vote.

I'd also like to volunteer to be Mr_Gnome_It_All's target tonight.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:48 am

Post by KingEnigma »

Honestly I missed where you changed your vote, what you highlighted there, so that is entirely my mistake. And I did note that you were out, but seemed fishy because of the first not voting. So I can just ignore that whole thing, and apolgize.

That does leave lulu to explain why there were no votes cast for the two scum?
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:43 pm

Post by Toodle »

Hello, fellow superheros... I might be blind in most things, but when it comes to guilt and innocence, I have perfect vision.

As you know the Amazing Spiderman blocked me last night. The bad news is that my Night 3 investigation was halted because of Spidey.

The good news is, I had already investigated someone else on Night 2 and I can tell you 100% that our guilty party is none other than Phoebus aka Doom.

Caveman
Caveman
Goon
Caveman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:45 pm

Post by Caveman »

'nuff said.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:52 pm

Post by Quailman »

I assume you got an innocent night 1? It might be good to know on the outside chance that the game doesn't end today and we don't hear from you again.

vote: Phoebus
Toodle
Toodle
Goon
Toodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by Toodle »

Unfortunately, my night one investigation was on Dragon Phoenix. Night two I went with Phoebus. Quite honestly with the lynching of mneme, I was pretty certain anyone else I investigated would be innocent, but you're right, we might have another scum lurking.

All I can say for certain is that Phoebus needs to feel the noose tightening on his neck. :wink:
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:40 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Allrighty then1 Talk about convenience... :roll:

N1 - DP - dead
N2 - me - "evil"
N3 - ? - blocked

I refer you to the last two lynches. Tell me what kind of mafia member would willingly put his buddies on the chopping block with such earnestness?

Yanqush - I was the one who noticed him being online and not posting. He came back to say that he was away. While a fact, I think this would have been a really good time for me to jump off his lynching train. Did I? No.

mneme - I was first to vote - was then alleged to be playing a cat and mouse game. Um...if I were scum and playing a cat and mouse game...one mate ...yeah...probably mafia would sacrifice one mate to appear pro town or whatever. But two? Um? No.
Especially given the fact that mini games usually consist of a complement of three scum. Two mates lynched on consecutive days with me voting for both would hardly be ideal play. Think of the time when y'all were scum. Would you have done that? I doubt it and I have not done it here either.

I was going to let you off Toodle but now with this "investigation" of yours, I think we have a case of Celebrity X - especially since no one cross claimed Dare Devil. I believe you...yes...but I also think you are evil.

With this supposed "guilty" result and corresponding evidence of DP's actions...we have it nailed with you methinx. I personally know how DP plays as role blocker because of a discussion with him some time ago and if I'm not mistaken, he mentioned some things in a thread somewhere around here as well. DP
will not
use his blocking abilities till he is almost certain about the guilt of someone (and let's face it...DP is good at discerning these things) and he
never
uses a block on N1 as some others might - hence the lack of spidey glue on D1. N2 - he got mneme, who as we consequently found out was guilty and I will
vote: Toodle
on the strength of him targetting you on night 3,
especially
given the fact that he would not have the ability to try again due to the need to reload.

You've been guilty of bandwagonning on Day 1 based on pure unadulterated crap logic and when people started voting - you conveniently came up with a claim of Dare Devil even though it was not demanded from you. As I said, it's been taken at face value and so, I conclude it's a case of Celebrity X. Tell me...you claimed day one - you are a "confirmed innocent" - why are you still alive? In two nights, even with the concession that doc *might* protect the "innocent" the day they were revealed, surely, you would've been taken out last night?

I call you an extremely clever serial killer who has decided not to use her kills and lie low due to the luxury of CelebrityX and chance her luck of not being night killed due to the claim (quite successfully, I must say) and then lynch/kill her way to victory in end game.

You cannot be working with scum, for your being tied up last night would've gotten us no kill again and ofcourse - it's Dr. Doom who killed - not Dare Devil (heh...look at the initials :P coincidence? :?) You are some piece of goods I must say.

As long as we are on the subject of Dr. Doom -
fos: King Enigma
who has been flying under radar. He came in to lynch Yanqush at the very end when no respite for his mate seemed possible and even at the time, admitted that he would "sem very scummy" - especially for the fact that he
is
scum. I have found myself several times putting in little titbits like these when I play scum so that I don't feel guilty of totally lying and can then say to myself, that "heh. they did not spot me doing/saying it. yay!" I'm sure you'll say...well, he was the third vote on mneme. Um...granted. But look at his vote and the timing of the other two. While he did "refute" mneme's claim, there was a large period of time between his vote and the last two, which came in very close succession. He had no time to unvote and I do not know what transpired between the two but the GF discrediting his goon's claim seems to have led to mneme voting for himself. That's all the conclusion I can draw from that.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”