springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Actually now that I'm thinking of it, the only thing that I don't like in this setup is Jebus being a bomber. It's always unfair for town and competing scumteams to penalize a correct lynch. It was averted this game and the mechanism of Jebus being a potential kamikaze to save EA was interesting, but I think bobby trap type roles that no one can see coming are just not workable.

A link you may find interesting:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... ht=#955510
Mini I cited earlier with 5 scums which resulted on a town win: 1 cult leader, 2 mafia, 1 SK, 1 survivor + 1 vig which turned into a SK upon an incorrect kill.

I think the one thing beside better play on town's part in the Darkstalkers game which made the difference was not rushing into massclaim.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:Actually now that I'm thinking of it, the only thing that I don't like in this setup is Jebus being a bomber. It's always unfair for town and competing scumteams to penalize a correct lynch. It was averted this game and the mechanism of Jebus being a potential kamikaze to save EA was interesting, but I think bobby trap type roles that no one can see coming are just not workable.
Correct play here obviously being forcing EA to lynch Jebus day 1.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Ythill »

LOL. In the original setup, Jebus' bomb ability would have also exploded if SL had NKed him. When I ran the numbers I realized that the town could wind before D2 if they lynched the boatswain and the ninja poisoned the man-at-arms. Hence SL's kill priority and the alterred wording of Jebus' PM.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish