EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Hi scum,

How, exactly, am I the SK with my role?

You wouldn't even know there's an SK without my claim.

Faithfully,
X
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:Hi scum,

How, exactly, am I the SK with my role?

You wouldn't even know there's an SK without my claim.

Faithfully,
X
Jebus is dead and nobody claimed vig. It would have been obvious soon enough. It's easy to claim a role that "knows who makes the kills" if you're the one making them. How does your role claim clear you as town again?

Respectfully yours,

Goat

P.S. You didn't respond to my last post. Are you ignoring me?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:35 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Hey, Xtoxm. If you want to rely on meta, you need to see a game where I'm town and a game where EA is scum.

A game where EA is scum: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9028

His play really isn't any different than his play here. Oh, and he also claims a role where his results don't fit with his play through the game. We lynch him on that basis. Sound familiar?

A game where I am town: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... light=open

Just browse through the end of that game after I replace in. Your argument is "you post a lot as scum and you're posting a lot in this game." Check out some of those posts if you want the sampler platter on "posting a lot."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:41 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm. Just thought about something. It would appear scum have a RB. Goat confirms Mili's RB, so he must be town RB. Scum RB blocked CR. Now, we know that scum RB cannot be any of CR, EA, Mili, and i'm going to add Spring to this list as it's not the type of thing scum can claim, and I think she's town. I also know myself as town. This leaves Huntress and Goat. Now, Goat might be eliminatable from this list depending how the mod works RBers (and I think it's likely he's SK anyway). Does this make Huntress a Mafia RB? Oh, bollocks, just rembered we have Crywolf in this game...Ah, he claimed VT.

Well, I think one of those 2 has to be an RB. Am I missing something?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:47 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:Hmm. Just thought about something. It would appear scum have a RB. Goat confirms Mili's RB, so he must be town RB. Scum RB blocked CR. Now, we know that scum RB cannot be any of CR, EA, Mili, and i'm going to add Spring to this list as it's not the type of thing scum can claim, and I think she's town. I also know myself as town. This leaves Huntress and Goat. Now, Goat might be eliminatable from this list depending how the mod works RBers (and I think it's likely he's SK anyway). Does this make Huntress a Mafia RB? Oh, bollocks, just rembered we have Crywolf in this game...Ah, he claimed VT.

Well, I think one of those 2 has to be an RB. Am I missing something?
Clockwork could be lying and scum.

Do you actually read the thread? I'm going to guess no.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:51 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Apologies if that came off harsh, but I literally just talked about that a couple posts back, and you still have not answered or responded to any of my comments/questions directed to you. If you are town as you claim, the least you could do is put some effort in.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I read stuff from when I replace in. Other than that I go from memory, unless I need to check something specific. I sometimes view isolations to get a preliminary opinion of players.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And yes, CR
could
be scum, but i'm really not seeing his play from a scum standpoint, and the stuff he's claiming is just way to farfetched to be lies, imo.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think we probably started with an SK and a 2-man Cult, with an RB and a recruiter, and several town PR's to help figure out what the hell's going on.

And I think Cult makes great sense for a pirate ship, to reflect mutiny spreading.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:00 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Gah! This doesn't make sense..! Jebus is dead, and appears to be a plain scum. I would find it very hard to believe a Cult started with 3. That's way to scum sided...
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:I read stuff from when I replace in. Other than that I go from memory, unless I need to check something specific. I sometimes view isolations to get a preliminary opinion of players.
Read my posts outlining why I believe EA to be scum. Do so objectively, without obscuring your thoughts on a meta read that I just proved wrong a couple posts back. Then tell me where my reasoning breaks down, and how I'm scum and EA is town.

Quite frankly, I think it's obvious EA is scum. If you want to rely on meta to make your judgements, then actually have a legitimate meta. A legitimate meta includes the game I just posted above where EA plays exactly like this as scum and even makes the same mistake in claiming his role. A legitimate meta includes me playing as town and making the same type of long ass posts trying to convince people who to lynch.

I'm not going to accept you tl;dring my posts and then keeping your vote on me.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I have taken a closer look at reveals, and it appears role is not revealed, only allegiance. I think it may be possible Jebus is a dead Mafia Recruiter, and we just have an RB, the SK, and maybe someone recruited on the first night. Man-at-Arms is clearly a role that began the game as scum.

Thoughts?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:And yes, CR
could
be scum, but i'm really not seeing his play from a scum standpoint, and the stuff he's claiming is just way to farfetched to be lies, imo.
Read the end of post 420. I don't think CR is lying about the cult. It makes sense that there is a cult and a SK (as I've said already). I just think his play and role makes him likely to be part of it.

Rather than struggle to figure out how the scum could possibly have a roleblocker who magically blocked CR last night, but yet nobody else has been blocked by him, it's much simpler to consider that CR is lying.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

There are plenty of roles that blocking would not be apparant on. Mine, Spring, any VT.

And Goat, tbh everything points to you. Mili blocked you and there's no kill, EA tracks you and is backed up by CR...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Mod: If a Roleblocker were to block a Roleblocker, how would you hypothetically resolve this situation?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:18 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:There are plenty of roles that blocking would not be apparant on. Mine, Spring, any VT.
Why would this scum roleblocker block CR when his role has pretty much zero chance of catching scum? I mean, he figures out whether someone is an officer or not and he claims this role in the thread. All scum have to do is be honest about whether they are an officer or not and his role is completely useless. What scum would block that, especially after I claimed a power role, and Militant claimed to have a power role? It doesn't make sense.

His role does seem quite powerful on scum that can't recruit officers, though.
Xtoxm wrote:And Goat, tbh everything points to you. Mili blocked you and there's no kill, EA tracks you and is backed up by CR...
I was the obvious night kill target last night. I claimed a power role but I didn't want to claim it publicly. I might as well have put a bullseye on my chest.

EA claims to track me but it doesn't make sense based on his play. CR backs him up but also has large inconsistencies with his play. The manner in which these two players go about doing so is highly fishy. Erratus allows no lynch to happen, and then only claims this information after pretty much everyone has claimed. CR supports EA's claim, but yesterday he was pushing EA as scum. Why does he change his mind here?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've looked over CR. He wants EA to claim, not be lynched. He even says he would not be happy with EA being lynched. Infact, in retrospect he make sit blindingly obvious that his result is on EA, and it all fits in very well with his claim.

And, does CR not also recieve which role? If he'd checked Jebus and got "Man-At-Arms" it would clearly be scum, no?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:43 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Xtoxm wrote:I've looked over CR. He wants EA to claim, not be lynched. He even says he would not be happy with EA being lynched. Infact, in retrospect he make sit blindingly obvious that his result is on EA, and it all fits in very well with his claim.

And, does CR not also recieve which role? If he'd checked Jebus and got "Man-At-Arms" it would clearly be scum, no?
Why is "Man-At-Arms" clearly scum? Doesn't that just mean someone who mans the cannon or is a soldier or something like that? I mean, flavor could be set up so any character is scum. The cook could poison people, etc.

I just assumed wanting someone to claim first pretty much means you think they are scum. Why would you ever want townies to claim first?

At any rate, CR only confirmed that EA is a boatswain, not that he's a tracker. I don't see how that affects EA's alignment in any way.

What you have is militant's claim, and then after the fact EA hops in with his claim to "back up militant's claim." CR's confirmation doesn't mean a whole lot. We know that EA is telling the truth about being a boatswain, but why would he lie about that anyway? It doesn't prove his alignment, and we see from Jebus that the scum are provided with "official" names like Man-At-Arms just like townies are.

Xtoxm, maybe you can explain why EA let no lynch happen yesterday instead of claiming his role information back then? His explanation is that he didn't want to be night killed. But he thinks I'm the serial killer, so the only way to stop himself from getting night killed would be to claim and get me lynched. Can you explain why EA as town would do this?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Have you never played Age of Empires?

Man-At-Arms is a foot soldier, land. Unless i'm mistaked, you would not find him on a pirate ship.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:36 am

Post by springlullaby »

Xtoxm, what is your rolename? You actually never claimed it and that I don't like. Same for huntress. And what about the marline spike? Also I want more flavor from the Powder Monkey. What is a Powder Monkey in the first place.

Goat, I don't like the coercion in your post. I can prove my role anytime but given the situation I do not think it is priority and I'm going to use it only on people I think are not scum and that is final.

The only concern here is my getting NK'd before I can use it, but if the SK is the only killer, it should be clear that my power is more harmful to cult than the SK and they should be wise about it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Barber. Didn't want to claim as it makes it clear i'm not an officer, and thus recruitable.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Huntress »

springlullaby wrote:I can prevent one mislynch in twilight by giving rum to everyone on board, basically I'm a governor.
A quick question: Would you have used this power on a previous day if you thought it necessary?

springlullaby wrote:Huntress asked me to answer her questions. I think her question sucksn are loaded and faulty, and fail in every way to show genuine assertiveness or scumhunting merit.

BUT I'm ok to answer them if she agrees to present her case on me properly in one tidy post. Something she is not going begrudge me if she is town and genuinely interested in finding out whether I'm scum, I'm sure.
My questions are clearly set out in my previous posts. I have no intention of cluttering up the thread for everyone by copying them all into a fresh post now.
The only reason I haven't made a clear case against you yet is because I was waiting for your answers to my questions before doing so. Those answers would have helped me get a clearer read on you and could even have lead to me dropping the case.
In post 287, I wrote:Springlullaby: Not quite sure about her yet. I'm waiting for her responses before saying any more here but for current thoughts see the last paragraph of post 280.
I'm still not sure but your refusal to respond to the points raised means that I can only go with what I said in post 353. As I can't see any pro-town reason for your not wanting to reply I can only conclude you must be anti-town and don't want to risk making a slip.

Why do you need a deadline extension? We've got nearly a week to go yet, haven't we?

And now to digest the rest of SL's post and the nearly 30 others that sprang up while I was sleeping!
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Ythill »

Springlullaby wrote:First I want a
deadline extension please
, and everybody should be voting for it right now.
Goatrevolt wrote:I'll second this call.
Deadline extension please.
The deadline was already extended four days to account for people being absent during the holidays. It will not be extended further at this time. You have six days.

Xtoxm wrote:
Mod: If a Roleblocker were to block a Roleblocker, how would you hypothetically resolve this situation?
Don't hold your breath waiting for me to answer.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:37 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

@Goat; I am trying to take a stand. But I really need to re-read this day and Day Two first. Expect a post later tonight.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:Goat, I don't like the coercion in your post. I can prove my role anytime but given the situation I do not think it is priority and I'm going to use it only on people I think are not scum and that is final.
I was under the impression you used it after knowing the player's alignment. Hence my statement "use it on the first town person who gets lynched." Based on that misunderstanding, there would have been no reason for you to not use it at first opportunity. As it stands now, it's probably best if you don't use it on either me or EA, but ultimately it's up to you.
ClockworkRuse wrote:@Goat; I am trying to take a stand. But I really need to re-read this day and Day Two first. Expect a post later tonight.
Good. Rereading would be excellent. I encourage everyone to do this.

Militant/Crywolf: Where are you? We have 6 days until deadline. Either me or EA needs to be lynched by then.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”