RealTime Mafia (Game Over due to too many modkills.)

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:19 am

Post by SensFan »

roflcopter wrote:i agree with elvis that sens should not have blamed his players. yes sens rl problems are legit, and i hope he recovers quickly, but we went to nat because the game was dieing, and he shouldn´t have bitched at us because of that.
The game was dieing (ages ago), and people went to Nat before me.
I went AWOL, and Nat stepped in.
I got back, resumed modding duties, responded to requests for prods, and Nat modkilled 4 fucking people out of the blue WITHOUT TALKING TO ME OR PRODDING THE PLAYERS.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Sensfan, this is the post I was talking about:
SensFan wrote:I've had enough of this shit. You people want something, PM me. Got it? Nat is the beack-up if I dissappear, not if you feel like PMing him because I've been busy but have had no PMs about this game.
People were pming nat because you weren't doing word counts or vote counts and we thought that you had abandoned the game. Sorry if we assumed you were actually reading the thread of your own game.

I'm sorry about your trouble and accident though. I didn't realize that was part of what happened in this game. But yelling at players because they didn't complain to the right person is not cool.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:24 am

Post by SensFan »

elvis_knits wrote:Sensfan, this is the post I was talking about:
SensFan wrote:I've had enough of this shit. You people want something, PM me. Got it? Nat is the beack-up if I dissappear, not if you feel like PMing him because I've been busy but have had no PMs about this game.
People were pming nat because you weren't doing word counts or vote counts and we thought that you had abandoned the game. Sorry if we assumed you were actually reading the thread of your own game.
Not a SINGLE person PM'd me, though. I had been busy, and lost track of how long it had been since I had done a word/vote count. And then, just before the game got shut down, I was doing wordcounts, had said I would send prods post-hollidays, and I see 4 people modkilled out of the blue...
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by veerus »

Who was Mafia A?

Why the mod-kills? I'm sure Nat had a reason and I think we'd all benefit from knowing it.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Percy »

Oh yeah, I was scummy as hell. Don't think I did a very good job, but I was passable I guess. I framed ortolan, as he seemed a good target for a lynch the next day.

In terms of game format, I think this game definitely has potential. I hope you run something like this again, but perhaps a smaller player group would be better. It's hard to get good reads on anyone with so little words, so if you halved the wordcount and the playercount perhaps you'd end up with more invested players. I'd be totally up for RealTimeII.

Sorry about the accident, Sens. Hope you're recovering OK :)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by SensFan »

Natirasha wrote:(And, ftr, I wasn't going to modkill that many people, only RandomGem and zz, but MafiaSSK distinctly told me that "if you ever catch me lurking, you better modkill me" and xtoxm has shown an utter disgust of this game, so yeah)
(Also, in my defense, I got 3 PMs asking for MK's)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I never complained to Nat, btw. He's pulling that phrase purely from what I said to rofl in the Mason chat.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Post by ortolan »

yer tbh I didn't think the modkills were necessary, I was still enjoying playing the game and was surprised when they occurred.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Narsis »

*sigh*

oh well, it was kinda fun while it lasted.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”