Newbie 2045: A Midwinter Night's Dream - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 8, petapan wrote:VOTE: bbmolla

lobby stalker
VOTE: zMuffinman

oh hey peta long time no see lmao

VOTE: Mikul
^obv scum, ez game
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by BBmolla »

unwnd's opening post is kinda yikes, might be their personality though
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 18, Mikul wrote:UNVOTE: unwnd
VOTE: BBmola
Why?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 39, Mikul wrote:
In post 26, BBmolla wrote:
Why?

Omgus
okay
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 37, quiet wrote:I feel like a why me response, especially in day1 where votes are p. much arbitrary, tends to be scummy. There probably is no reason, and there is nothing to defend, but it's natural to want to. On reflection, BBMolla's other post was also brief, so maybe it's meaningless, but it's what stood out to me on first glance.
how am I supposed to read what a vote means if there's no reason behind it

and I was right there was reason, it was OMGUS
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Lunar Martian
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 67, Lunar Martian wrote:Hmmm.... I'm not experienced enough to say but the start of this game feels very awkward. It seems like people are trying to seem like they already know who the Mafia are but to me there's really not much to go on. Even the things other people are saying I think they're mostly reading too much in to. I'm not sure if faking confidence or being genuinely overconfident is an indication that people are Mafia though.
vote confirmed this is absolutely scum

hop on folks we're executing this
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 76, Illwei wrote:So why were you voting Lunar before this post then?
to push them for more content

why aren't you voting them?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:42 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 78, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 75, BBmolla wrote:
In post 67, Lunar Martian wrote:Hmmm.... I'm not experienced enough to say but the start of this game feels very awkward. It seems like people are trying to seem like they already know who the Mafia are but to me there's really not much to go on. Even the things other people are saying I think they're mostly reading too much in to. I'm not sure if faking confidence or being genuinely overconfident is an indication that people are Mafia though.

what vote?
my vote on you

cause you're scum
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:55 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 88, unwnd wrote:BBMolla gives me an opposite approach, where he is already giving the answers. He's confident in himself and I think that he believes that confidence will cause things to go his way. I don't think that confidence is justified quite yet however, and I think his authority is more demanding than it is beneficial. While he may not be a newbie, the way he's approached the thread with lack of care/sensitivity makes me think he only wants to give off a tough impression instead of using it for town's benefit.
how people respond to conflict is way more telling readswise then a bunch of people being nice to each other
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

UNVOTE:
lunar vote was just for reactions and I'm relatively satisfied

moving on to a better vote
VOTE: safebet222
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 95, unwnd wrote:
In post 93, BBmolla wrote:
In post 88, unwnd wrote:BBMolla gives me an opposite approach, where he is already giving the answers. He's confident in himself and I think that he believes that confidence will cause things to go his way. I don't think that confidence is justified quite yet however, and I think his authority is more demanding than it is beneficial. While he may not be a newbie, the way he's approached the thread with lack of care/sensitivity makes me think he only wants to give off a tough impression instead of using it for town's benefit.
how people respond to conflict is way more telling readswise then a bunch of people being nice to each other
I don't think I'm being particularly nice, but I don't know where you think newbies would even realize they were being pressured. If I were to regress back into my first few games, this type of behavior more than not scared me, and less willing to give reads. Why are you not in consideration of this aspect?
I feel like the moments where one is unsure how they're supposed to react you get the truest reactions, no?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #103 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 98, unwnd wrote:What happens if they lock up? Then we just run the risk of mis-limming a townie who was too scared to do anything. They don't see pressure the same way we do, and I may be biased in that regard but that's what I believe to be true. I
I guess my point is that's better than the alternative. I've had too many games that activity dies because we get stuck in RVS/RQS because people are too afraid to take any stances so everyone defaults to politeness and activity dies and we lose.

Conflict I tell ya, that's what it's all about
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

like, you have null reads on more than half the game, who is your one confident read and what have I been doing different than all others?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

A sea of null reads is a dream for scum

I'm hunting the scum who are pleasantly wading there now

Safebet is a safe bet
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #107 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 106, safebet222 wrote:I'm here everyone... really busy day between work and kids... will post later. In the meantime...

@BBMolla... is this vote cause I've been gone for almost 24 hours? I kind of feel that you're voting whoever has been away the longest.
I'd be voting Turtle then

What have you done this game?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #109 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 108, unwnd wrote:Going to bide my time before I respond to you BBMolla. I understand your disposition but I don't think you can force others to make content.
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything lol
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #112 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 110, Lunar Martian wrote:I'm going to VOTE: BBmolla

This feels like opportunistically pressuring the quiet newbies to see if we crack, and just placing a vote for the sake of it rather than based on searching for Mafia.
what would I have done differently if I were searching for mafia?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #116 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Peta name the scumteam, go
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #137 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 135, unwnd wrote:I think BBMolla is more than capable to fake his own town behavior. Where I think he is scummy right now is that he is only
emulating
that behavior, and why I believe that is because I don't think any of his pushes or bravado make sense in the scope of things.
What is "that behavior" that I'm emulating?

Why do my pushes or bravado not make sense?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #138 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 132, unwnd wrote:BBMolla, was Lunar's (lack) of reaction a reaction to you? He seemed to completely ignore your pressure here.
Yes
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #140 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

mr. turtle please exist so I can PoE the scumteam ty
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #141 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 139, unwnd wrote:
In post 119, safebet222 wrote:unwnd - He's obviously pinging me with what I perceive as a condescending attitude... it strikes me as interesting that he only has one scum read and 3 town reads with a
fistfull of nulls (as BB pointed out)
, the BB scum read is disingenuous... In my little experience,
BB's method is common around this site
, I would imagine that unwnd knows this too, and unwnd's play overall pings me as an attempt at being a powerwolf.
First bolded: I admit my read-list had a bit of nulls, but I don't understand where you see discrepancy? I normally wouldn't post something like that this early, but I wanted others to engage my thoughts directly.

Second bolded: I refer to the argument I presented before in that..what's stopping BBMolla from just faking it? You're saying that his method is common but so too is that method being scum. You've referred to my own behavior being powerwolf but I think that term can be stretched out pretty far. I could make the argument that BBMolla is playing powerwolf by the way he is interacting with newbies, but I don't want to make this into circular logic.
I treat newbies like I treat every other game. I keep in mind that some people might act different due to not being used to the site meta, but playing the "kind, helpful SE" is unbeneficial unless I'm scum. Unless there's some sort of early fight that becomes the center of attention, but that didn't happen here.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #142 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 139, unwnd wrote:I normally wouldn't post something like that this early, but I wanted others to engage my thoughts directly.
Normally meaning a non-newbie game?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #143 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 126, petapan wrote:okay, i like you
I had the opposite reaction to Illwei's post, I thought it was kind of gross
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #206 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 204, safebet222 wrote:
In post 139, unwnd wrote:
In post 119, safebet222 wrote:unwnd - He's obviously pinging me with what I perceive as a condescending attitude... it strikes me as interesting that he only has one scum read and 3 town reads with a
fistfull of nulls (as BB pointed out)
, the BB scum read is disingenuous... In my little experience,
BB's method is common around this site
, I would imagine that unwnd knows this too, and unwnd's play overall pings me as an attempt at being a powerwolf.
First bolded: I admit my read-list had a bit of nulls, but I don't understand where you see discrepancy? I normally wouldn't post something like that this early, but I wanted others to engage my thoughts directly.

Second bolded: I refer to the argument I presented before in that..what's stopping BBMolla from just faking it? You're saying that his method is common but so too is that method being scum. You've referred to my own behavior being powerwolf but I think that term can be stretched out pretty far. I could make the argument that BBMolla is playing powerwolf by the way he is interacting with newbies, but I don't want to make this into circular logic.
1st: Your BB read is disingenuous, I think you understand exactly what BB's style is and that its effective regardless of alignment. Also, its interesting that you're scum hunting but null read half the field...

2nd: By your own admission, this is wifom. So why is BB not also worthy of status in your null pile?

This is the discrepancy.
Oi thank you for finding the words for me lmao
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #207 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 148, Illwei wrote:
In post 143, BBmolla wrote:
I should probably expant on my last comment
What about it didn't sit right with you?
In post 123, Illwei wrote:Ignoring this, I immediately dislike unwnd and safebet a tad for having full reads, despite there not really much going on. Safebet was feeling pressured it seems, and unwnd was doing it under the pretense of teaching, so...okay...
"They seem scummy for this reason... but it's invalid... anyway"

seems like scum fencesitting

I don't feel that strongly about it atm tbh
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #208 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 144, unwnd wrote:
In post 138, BBmolla wrote:
In post 132, unwnd wrote:BBMolla, was Lunar's (lack) of reaction a reaction to you? He seemed to completely ignore your pressure here.
Yes
Personally, I remain skeptical. Especially because Lunar questioned you on your vote in #87. It seemed like you realized some intelligent life in our little alien and didn't wanna be caught on a bad wagon.

Furthermore, I think that it contradicts your own claimed behavior in your response to me initially (#105). You have had two instances to interact with players and you have instead chosen to disengage:

Spoiler:
In post 15, BBmolla wrote:
In post 8, petapan wrote:VOTE: bbmolla

lobby stalker
VOTE: zMuffinman

oh hey peta long time no see lmao

VOTE: Mikul
^obv scum, ez game
Why?
In post 40, BBmolla wrote:
In post 39, Mikul wrote:
Why?

Omgus
okay

Spoiler:
In post 62, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Lunar Martian

In post 77, BBmolla wrote:
In post 76, Illwei wrote:So why were you voting Lunar before this post then?
to push them for more content

why aren't you voting them?
In post 79, BBmolla wrote:
In post 78, Lunar Martian wrote:

what vote?
my vote on you

cause you're scum
In post 93, BBmolla wrote:
In post 96, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
lunar vote was just for reactions and I'm relatively satisfied

moving on to a better vote
VOTE: safebet222

If your claims in #105 were actually true, then you wouldn't be attempting the same thing not once, but twice. I think maybe even three if we count safebet. I don't believe you attempted to discern either of their alignments through interaction and instead are just placing votes and making strong remarks under a guise of scumhunting.
I said in 105 I wanted to hunt in the null reads

so I hunted in the null reads by pressuring them

and because I did that more than once it's scummy

???

I don't follow
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #209 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 146, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 143, BBmolla wrote:
It seems we have very different ways of looking at the game, and that suggests that your thoughts possibly aren't motivated by the same things as me.
The first part of the statement is true, the conclusion is false.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #210 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 150, petapan wrote:i'm...going to be honest. i had the same thought as unwnd, i felt like you abandoned your vote on lunar far too early
There were bigger fish to fry imo. I thought the nonreaction was enough for me to look elsewhere, but I think it's reasonable that you don't.
In post 150, petapan wrote:do you think the way i'm playing is scummy?
If I was playing that way it would be. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is for you. But I'm noting it.
In post 150, petapan wrote:i have an instinctual distrust of early readlists and so i felt a small bond with illwei when he said that. i don't think it's a reliable tell, and i don't necessarily have any issue with the content of either unwnd or safebet's lists, which is why i'm not voting them, but i appreciate that illwei thinks that way, on a gut level it feels town to me. why did you have an issue with that post?
I explained above but the fencesittiness bothered me, but I liked their response to me disliking it and I don't feel that strongly about it anymore.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #211 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Mikul's wave of posting seems town
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #216 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Feel relatively okay about almost all active posters

Still trying to determine if unwnd believes what they're saying or if it's calculated, that's going to determine whether they're town or scum

Looking forward to Lunar's reaction to further pressure

I feel good about Mikul, Quiet, Illwei

Safebet/Peta is where my vote will be if Turtle seems town

VOTE: Mr. Turtle

We're just about 10 pages in, I'm not going to keep letting this slot slide. Time to post hombre. I don't even need you to read the game start posting, read this page and give your thoughts.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #217 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 177, fferyllt wrote:Deceius
Fun fact, his named was actually Decimus, it was a typo lol

Turtleboy I will literally get fferyllt to hit you up on discord, I really need to know your slots alignment to figure out this game
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #219 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Slightly, that’s primarily why I wanted to go Mr. Turtle, Safebet might be PoE scum but I can’t tell without Turty
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #220 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

While nice he sees things from my point of view, as I posted earlier agreeing =/= same alignment
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #221 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

You’re likely right about prod timer wish I could message him on discord lmao
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #223 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 222, petapan wrote:meh like safebet's scumreads seem against the grain, he's hardly "safe" as you called him, and i feel likethere's some decent belief there, not a lot of caution in his language, put a lot of people as town early, hasn't backed down on his mikul scumread even though it's going against what other people say
I just don't get a lot of townpings in his post, that's all it really comes down to for me atm
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #224 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #228 (isolation #38) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 227, petapan wrote:
In post 223, BBmolla wrote:
In post 222, petapan wrote:meh like safebet's scumreads seem against the grain, he's hardly "safe" as you called him, and i feel likethere's some decent belief there, not a lot of caution in his language, put a lot of people as town early, hasn't backed down on his mikul scumread even though it's going against what other people say
I just don't get a lot of townpings in his post, that's all it really comes down to for me atm
In post 224, BBmolla wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong necessarily
idk we can fight about it if you try to wagon him i guess
sounds like a plan
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #242 (isolation #39) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:17 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 229, petapan wrote:whats yr read on unwnd
cant tell if scum or just reads the game very very differently

still deciding
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #265 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 248, unwnd wrote:
In post 247, petapan wrote:VOTE: unwnd
Spoiler:
I get why you voted me, but you're reading it wrong
VOTE: unwnd
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #297 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:32 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hey this is bad form but I don’t want to spend another week wasting time on trying to convince y’all I’m town, so I’m just gonna hard claim that I’m probably a power role.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #298 (isolation #42) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:37 am

Post by BBmolla »

If I’m right about things a night kill on me is likely to fail but I welcome it and why I’m pretty okay claiming early

I’m honestly kind of okay executing Turtle at this point, if they can start to contribute more than cool but if their posting rate continues they are just going to be an unreadable enigma
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #306 (isolation #43) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:01 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 300, petapan wrote:
In post 297, BBmolla wrote:Hey this is bad form but I don’t want to spend another week wasting time on trying to convince y’all I’m town, so I’m just gonna hard claim that I’m probably a power role.
COME ON MAN
shrug

If the Turtle slot doesn't post more in the next day or so I will be voting that way, too much of a wildcard either which way
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #327 (isolation #44) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 310, petapan wrote:
In post 306, BBmolla wrote:
In post 300, petapan wrote:
In post 297, BBmolla wrote:Hey this is bad form but I don’t want to spend another week wasting time on trying to convince y’all I’m town, so I’m just gonna hard claim that I’m probably a power role.
COME ON MAN
shrug

If the Turtle slot doesn't post more in the next day or so I will be voting that way, too much of a wildcard either which way
dude cmon you could have talked to me; you shouldn't pull this crap in a newbie game

turtle was the secret scum read i mentioned a while ago but it was sort of predicated on the premise he was going to flake, and he didn't, but certainly could still be scum
let's talk about it more post game

VOTE: Turtle
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #328 (isolation #45) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 326, Mikul wrote:I have literally no idea how to read turtle.

None.
Here's my scenario for you:

Turtle doesn't get elimmed
Mafia don't kill him obv

So that means if we get to LYLO he's going to be there

Do you want to be in LYLO with Turtle?

I guess there's the off chance he could be a PR and that's like the only scenario where we shouldn't execute him here
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #329 (isolation #46) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 311, Mikul wrote:Molla very well could be scum and have an idea what colums we are / are not in. Not directly claiming a role could be a safe thing to do if he's half faking because as scum he would have an informed perspective of what game we are playing
soudns good let's explore me beign scum tomrorow
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #330 (isolation #47) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 316, Mikul wrote:I don't think there is a reason to leave it alone. Because he is either fake claiming or he's cop or tracker. I would rather tie him to his role and not leave it open to flex in later dayphases in case he is take claiming and decides to take the 1v1
;)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #333 (isolation #48) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 317, Mikul wrote:I will say if he's fake claiming as vanilla or says that. I am auto lynching without a second thought.
sounds good let's explore all this tomorrow
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #335 (isolation #49) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 332, Mikul wrote:I would really like you to hard claim
i will hard claim that I am probably a power role

any more than that you can find out from my flip
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #337 (isolation #50) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 331, Illwei wrote:[quote = Somewhere bb said]
I don't like this line of reasoning, it seems worse than an Info kill to me. It's voting someone out because you think you won't be able to read them later?? and you're kinda preflipping Turtle there as Village.[/quote]
I mean

If they're scum then executing them in LYLO is not a concern

if Turtle is scum it's more about the fact that their unengagement will always allow them to get away with not playing the game thus not allowing us to catch them
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #339 (isolation #51) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 336, petapan wrote:
In post 328, BBmolla wrote:
In post 326, Mikul wrote:I have literally no idea how to read turtle.

None.
Here's my scenario for you:

Turtle doesn't get elimmed
Mafia don't kill him obv

Do you want to be in LYLO with Turtle?

I guess there's the off chance he could be a PR and that's like the only scenario where we shouldn't execute him here
i agree with the fundamental idea that mr turtle should be elim'd before ELo unless he starts contributing or claims a power role that isn't counter claimed. don't know if i want to do it day 1 when i can learn more voting elsewhere but depends a lot on how he answers my questions
we have 8 days so I'm fine waiting

If they start playing and start townpinging I'm all for not executing

but so far their content is nigh unreadable

but let's see what happens
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #341 (isolation #52) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by BBmolla »

nah I won't out you
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #342 (isolation #53) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 340, Mikul wrote:VOTE: molla

I am willing to call your bluff on that. If it takes a flip to get a claim, I will take the flip.
okay
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #343 (isolation #54) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

what's the benefit in elimming me today instead of tomorrow
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #348 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 347, Mikul wrote:Gives you more time to work out what you are doing. I don't necessarily want to eliminate you. I want to tie you to something. After things happen it's alot easier to walk back or tailor your soft / breadcrumb to what happened. Forcing you into something makes claiming a lot harder to walk back if conflicting stuff happens.
Hard claiming helps scum more than town

Explain why you disagree with this statement so I can work through it with you
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #353 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 349, Mikul wrote:@ peta.

Again I know why you are saying this. Because of what it forces. But if he's lying , I'm telling you we are going to end up on a weird 1v1 or him totally walking back what he is saying. One that he will get a pass on from most people.
I’ll hard claim tomorrow, if I 1v1 someone then we’re guaranteed to get one scum

Which considering 1/7 town is ~15% of the town and 1/2 scum is 50% of the scum it’s a good trade
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #357 (isolation #57) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 355, Mikul wrote:@molla

Okay when tomorrow comes around. If you claim vanilla my vote is not moving for the rest of the game until you die.
Do what you will.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #383 (isolation #58) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

don't know if I said this, but I am unopposed if we go to Lunar instead, I reread his ISO today and was thoroughly underwhelmed.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #384 (isolation #59) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by BBmolla »

im down to discuss my play tomorrow or post game, it really benefits town less for me to say more.
In post 378, quiet wrote:Also, I'm noticing that I keep messing up my pronouns. I need to start defaulting to they. Sorry, everyone.
Spoiler: if this is for me, off topic sidenote
if this is for me, I identify as a man, but for pronoun my preference is a singular he or she, I just don't really care which. Pre-Covid, I did a lot of theatre, and theatre is getting very much into using pronoun identifiers upon introduction so I've been thinking a lot about my pronouns and I feel bothered saying "Hi, I'm BBmolla, I prefer he/him/his" because it's technically not true. I don't think I have a preference, but I've also never had anyone refer to me as anything as he, so I could be wrong. I know I dislike being referred to as they, but I guess I was a bit curious if I would not like to be called "she" and wanted to see if there was a way to experiment with that.

Anyway, maybe this is all very belittling to those who truly are affected by incorrect pronoun usage, so I've removed it for now.

Long story short, if you want to match what I identify as, go ahead and use he.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #386 (isolation #60) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Mafiascum has a much more dayplay focused game, the power roles are there but the focus is not on them. We have a lot of games that don't even have power roles because there's very much a belief that scum can be found just by dayplay, and this has rang true throughout games on this site.

Even if day one the scum may have an easier time blending in, this facade becomes more and more difficult to keep up as the game goes further, because they have to keep their story of beliefs straight.

But keeping it all consistent is why your lack of posting bothers us so much Turtle, it gives no info on you any which way.

if you're having a hard time with reads, answer these for me:
  • If the mod came out and confirmed Lunar Martian as scum, based on the interaction Lunar had with people today, who would be your first guess as to who their partner is?
  • Is there anyone you find unlikely to be their partner?
  • If there were mafia on your wagon (AKA, the people voting you), who is your best guess as to who it would be?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #388 (isolation #61) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 387, Mr Turtle wrote:I don't really understand the part of your quote which I have colored red. Could you elaborate on that?
The less posts you have, the easier it is to keep your through-line in order if your mafia. Hence the "mafia lurk" stereotype.

But, even if you're town, it doesn't give us any sort of way to figure that out. I was jumping points that was my bad.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #404 (isolation #62) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:12 am

Post by BBmolla »

I like Quiets musings personally, I think they’re relevant

I’m content with a Lunar elim, but
always get a claim before a hammer.

It’s site standard and also helps prevent elimming PRs pointlessly.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #405 (isolation #63) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:14 am

Post by BBmolla »

I would like to state that I’m suspicious of Peta

I can try to elaborate but a Lunar flip would help me figure that out better anyway and I don’t want to elim PETA today
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #422 (isolation #64) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:02 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 411, petapan wrote:
In post 405, BBmolla wrote:I would like to state that I’m suspicious of Peta

I can try to elaborate but a Lunar flip would help me figure that out better anyway and I don’t want to elim PETA today
lol at thinking you could catch me
lul
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #426 (isolation #65) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:15 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 424, Mikul wrote:I'm just off in left field. Is no one else really just pinging scum with quiet. Like my Spidey sense is vibrating so fast, it's euphoric. Everything about him is off
not for me, but I also didn't think all his stuff was filler

safebet is probably town tho
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #446 (isolation #66) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

yeah I don't get the fuss about quiet tbh

@Lunar: intent to hammer

please claim
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #458 (isolation #67) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 457, quiet wrote:
In post 446, BBmolla wrote:@Lunar: intent to hammer
please claim
would you also be willing to wait on a response from Illwei before hammering? I want to have them double down or back off before Luner is elimmed.
yeah sure I mean we gotta wait for lunar anyway
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #465 (isolation #68) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 462, Illwei wrote:Lunar hasn't seemed to be trying that hard, and I understand that they're a new player so maybe I should be more lenient, but they haven't been doing anything really or updating us saying that they are busy/inexperienced/unsure.
they did, they said they're busy till Wednesday

so we're gonna twiddle our thumbs
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #476 (isolation #69) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 475, Illwei wrote:There are 9 of us. 6 townies and 3 scum, right?
reread the setup please
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #497 (isolation #70) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:03 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 479, quiet wrote:I think a two ringer scumteam seems more likely than a 2 newbie scumteam
Why

Lunar flip tells me about PETA cause there are a lot of interactions there and I don’t want to elim peta today
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #498 (isolation #71) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:06 am

Post by BBmolla »

Fuck it

VOTE: LunarMartian

Hammered, fuck the claim. See y’all tomorrow.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #524 (isolation #72) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

UNVOTE:

:(
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #525 (isolation #73) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

alright I'll be here if you need me, I don't like any of the new wagons forming
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #530 (isolation #74) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Peta
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #533 (isolation #75) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 531, quiet wrote:oh so you are skipping the lunar flip and just reading peta now?
what changed?

or is this another reaction test?
lunar wagon is dead apparently
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #534 (isolation #76) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 532, Illwei wrote:I'm not so sure the first one was a reaction test. maybe BB didn't notice.
it was
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #535 (isolation #77) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

like we're just going to deadline wagon someone and it's going to be awful and I'm not looking forward to it when Lunar seemed like a solid scum or info lynch

im a bit annoyed
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #542 (isolation #78) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 538, petapan wrote:you never answered why you think lunar's flip would say anything about me

further, do you think i have any impetus to dismantle the lunar wagon wagon if scum?
We’ve all interacted with the lunar wagon, it’d say something.

And yes, considering your helpful nature this game I could see you jumping off Lunar for towncred or just to stop a buddy elim.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #543 (isolation #79) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 am

Post by BBmolla »

Regardless the vote is symbolic anywho cause we’re not executing you lol
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #590 (isolation #80) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Id rather turtle get replaced

Lunar I think is scum at this point
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #591 (isolation #81) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Well I’d rather turtle just post a whole lot more but if that’s not an option a replacement would be great lol
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #609 (isolation #82) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:09 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 603, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 590, BBmolla wrote:Id rather turtle get replaced

Lunar I think is scum at this point
Well you thought I was Mafia the whole time and seemingly for no reason, but then you also unvoted me.

I don't trust molla and I don't think that a vague claim should be enough to protect the most suspicious player in the game.

BTW, I'm here and getting up to speed. Feel free to ask any questions or prod me on things I missed.
omgus
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #612 (isolation #83) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

yeah either elim is fine for me at this point
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #613 (isolation #84) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:54 am

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Norfolk Boy1

short on time let's turn up the heat
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #645 (isolation #85) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:03 am

Post by BBmolla »

We have a day to deal with claims homies we need to get moving
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #691 (isolation #86) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I don’t CC but there’s more to it I’ll explain tomorrow
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #692 (isolation #87) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

If I die then it should become clear anyway

Oh boy hope I don’t
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #693 (isolation #88) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I’m afraid you might get the wrong idea from what I said

I don’t want to elim Lunar today
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #694 (isolation #89) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Sadly I think Norfolk is town with their claim

But we’re out of time I think
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #696 (isolation #90) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VT unprompted claim seemed Town

Quiet or Unwnd might be the way to go

But we’re low on time so I can live with us just going Norfolk for safety
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #705 (isolation #91) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Try not to keep claiming unless you’re claiming PR please and thanks
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #706 (isolation #92) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Fuck this game is hard
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #709 (isolation #93) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I don’t trust Peta

I’m fairly confident he’s why this game is so difficult

Peta: you truly think we’re being outsmarted by someone who thinks a fake townslip is a good idea
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #713 (isolation #94) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Okay fuck it

VOTE: Illwei
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #727 (isolation #95) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Unwnd should be dead by ELLO
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #746 (isolation #96) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by BBmolla »

unwnd is almost certainly scum
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #749 (isolation #97) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

honestly definite possibility they're both scum and we win lol
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #750 (isolation #98) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

the amount of information quiet flip gives is tempting tbh
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #762 (isolation #99) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Ill be pondering and hammer before bed
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #763 (isolation #100) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Illwei your reasoning is weird
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #766 (isolation #101) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 am

Post by BBmolla »

why do you think that elim is better than quiet
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #767 (isolation #102) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:08 am

Post by BBmolla »

the composition of the quiet wagon was far better than the wagon on you. someone is scum on your wagon unless you are scum.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #768 (isolation #103) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:36 am

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Norfolk

just to be sure I guess.

night.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1426 (isolation #104) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 am

Post by BBmolla »

This ones on me boys

Well played Mafia y’all fought hard for that one

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”