Newbie 2047: Eggskalon - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Chumbo »

Time to start the scum eggs-cavation. This will be eggs-cellent.
VOTE: Catboi
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Chumbo »

1. Just one other so far. I haven't played elsewhere but I'm familiar with the game.
2. Eastern standard time, but I work between 4pm and 2:30am so most of my posting will be a little before or after.
3. Hard to pick, but maybe seals.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 32, catboi wrote:I want to believe 12 was a legitimate question from a town player with pure intentions, and not something an inexperienced player would come up with on the spot as a trick to try to get townread.
I was thinking the same thing.

Also a question (for everyone) I'm stealing from the last game I was in:
If someone was one vote away from being lynched, and there were people who wanted to continue discussion but you were convinced they were scum, would you hammer them?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 45, Ninetales wrote:
In post 44, catboi wrote:Why not vote paopao if his line seemed overly self aware to you?
Besides being a scum, there's is another possibility.
Why bring the self-awareness thing up to begin with if you don't think it is coming from scum? Town shouldn't really talk about this to begin with, so it's making me think that you might be thinking with a mafia-aligned mindset.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by Chumbo »

muh316, I agree with you on marcistar looking like she's rolefishing. I've been trying to figure out whether it's intentional or not. There was also the post she made where she was asking if the titles were the roles, which could easily make a newer player say something about their role. Nice catch with the contradiction.
In post 68, muh316 wrote:
In post 47, catboi wrote:Lol, haha, I get it, probably better not to right now, actually
It's not helping the town if you're hiding your thoughts.
I see catboi's post as damage prevention. Think about what Ninetails said and you'll see it goes along with your criticism of marci.

If I had to call a scumteam right now, I'd call it as marcistar and Ninetails. That's just a guess that's way too early though. I already thought marcistar looked scummy, but then Ninetails mentioning that his vote on marci was just an RVS vote made me think it could be distancing.
This is all very early speculation and I find it hard to believe that both scumplayers would try rolefishing.

I have a soft-town read on catboi, but that's just gut.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by Chumbo »

VOTE: marci
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:49 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 69, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm not answering the RQS, RQS is anti-town
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have answered.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 84, catboi wrote:
In post 33, Chumbo wrote:
In post 32, catboi wrote:I want to believe 12 was a legitimate question from a town player with pure intentions, and not something an inexperienced player would come up with on the spot as a trick to try to get townread.
I was thinking the same thing.
In post 70, Chumbo wrote:muh316, I agree with you on marcistar looking like she's rolefishing. I've been trying to figure out whether it's intentional or not. There was also the post she made where she was asking if the titles were the roles, which could easily make a newer player say something about their role. Nice catch with the contradiction.
In post 68, muh316 wrote:
In post 47, catboi wrote:Lol, haha, I get it, probably better not to right now, actually
It's not helping the town if you're hiding your thoughts.
I see catboi's post as damage prevention. Think about what Ninetails said and you'll see it goes along with your criticism of marci.

If I had to call a scumteam right now, I'd call it as marcistar and Ninetails. That's just a guess that's way too early though. I already thought marcistar looked scummy, but then Ninetails mentioning that his vote on marci was just an RVS vote made me think it could be distancing.
This is all very early speculation and I find it hard to believe that both scumplayers would try rolefishing.

I have a soft-town read on catboi, but that's just gut.
How do you go from one of these to the other here? This is just blatant opportunism, and I really don't like the reasoning. The idea that a newbie scum player is going to immediately attempt to rolefish is absurd, that's not a strategy most newer scum players are aware of, let alone one that most would attempt to do early. This is ascribing a buzzword wikitell to what is much more likely confused newbie town. Further, I don't really buy seeing a marci/ninetales team at all, newbscum rarely interact the way those two have. Most newbie scum tend to be very cautious about interacting with their partner, and there's none of that in how they speak to each other. I don't like this post at all.

VOTE: Chumbo
I read your first post quoted here as you being skeptical. "I want to believe" translated to me as you will be looking more closely at her in the future. I didn't think you meant you meant that you're just going to accept post 12 as definite newbtown. I apparently misunderstood you.

You do make a good point about new players probably not using rolefishing right away though. I still think that newer players might be hyper-aware of how much they talk to their partner though and that that could result in either not talking at all or overtalking.
What do you think of Ninetails?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I'm having a hard time coming up with anything worthwhile to say, so I'm just going to say what's on my mind.
I think pickles reads post was good and a decent thing to do to try to add some content.
I don't think that marcistar is scum now that I've seen more from her and the contradiction was cleared up.
I still don't like the vibes from ninetails, but I need to look more closely at her slot.
Not_Mafia typically does this in every game I've looked at from him so I think it's going to be hard to find whether he's scum or town. I think eventually he will start to do a bit more hopefully.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by Chumbo »

UNVOTE:
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 145, LoneMarkhor wrote:If everybody thinks that we could sort out not_mafia later then I will rather not waste my time.Second person on my scumlist is chumbo because I think they are playing too cautiously trying to stay away from the heat.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: chumbo
In our previous game, I questioned anything that has a reasonable possibility of coming off as scum and often voted where I thought an elimination was likely. I knew who I had to eliminate so it was easier. I'm having a harder time finding stuff that I really do think is coming from scum. I'm a cautious person by nature, so I'm trying to come up with a PoE, but there's not enough content to do so yet. I have pretty much no town reads at the moment, all null.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I do have actually have a townread on pickles and paopao.

@catboi: you don't have any feelings about ninetails. You think marci is town and you may still think I'm scum even though I explained our misunderstanding. Do you have any reads on anyone other than me and marci?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 153, marcistar wrote:do scum usually do that here?
Activity definitely doesn't help scum, I definitely don't think they would try to be active unless necessary.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I agree, but with most of the town being inactive as well it makes it easier for scum to blend in as inactive I think.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 166, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Pickles
Why? Could you please explain something for once?
In post 168, Ninetales wrote:Come ask me why Pickles is now a townread.
Come argue with me about one of my nulls.
Come ask me why I think catboi is scum.
Come ask me why my marcistar read hasn't budged.
Why do you think catboi is scum? Also, why did your pickles read flip?
In post 174, catboi wrote:I don't think calling someone likely town is TMI
What exactly does TMI mean? I've seen this several times on the forum, but "too much information" doesn't seem to fit it.
In post 181, LoneMarkhor wrote:Catboi could be scum if marcistar was also scum.But right now I think its ninetails and pao .
VOTE: ninetails
I thought pickles was likely town because of his reaction when nine tails scumreaded his readlist but I'll have to read again on pickles.
A scumteam of Ninetails and Pao makes no sense, the interaction earlier in the game doesn't seem like scum talking to each other at all.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 193, catboi wrote:I had issues/lingering suspicion of paopao already but what a gross entry. What about her AtE is "cringe" and why is it vote-worthy?
Really? What about marci's AtE isn't cringe? A little is fine, but damn...
In post 194, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: donkihott

Seriously make a post with more than just a few words or a vote.
Not_Mafia needs to start taking posting seriously. I don't want to get through D1 completely unable to read him.

My main scumreads right now are catboi/marci. I've looked at ninetails again, but I really don't think she is scum. The post trying to prod us to do stuff and ask her questions really made me think she was town. catboi was a town read before, but now, after looking stuff over again I've noticed a few things about his posting. Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint. Marci because of the AtE, which after a certain point stops seeming town and also the high amount of fluff in the posting. I feel better about Scum!catboi.

VOTE: catboi
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 210, catboi wrote:
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Really? What about marci's AtE isn't cringe? A little is fine, but damn...
Why are you answering for him when he wouldn't answer himself? What
actual issues
do you have with her emotional appeals and
why is it scummy
? I can tell you town players use appeals to emotion all the time. It's not a scumtell, especially from someone who's know. AtE is a buzzword, you're not making any actual connection to how it makes her scum.
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint.
So tell me: why is disagreeing with the reads of others scummy? Why can't I be town expressing legitimate disagreement? Why, as mafia, does it benefit me to simply disagree with every scumread someone else expresses? This is nonsensical.
I have issues with how much it's happening. Overall I don't think it's AI most of the time, but when every time she has someone scumread her, she does AtE instead of explaining/answering what the scumread is about, I get suspicious. Everything is a buzzword to you.

As for you, disagreeing with reads is fine but that's all you've been doing. I see it as potentially manipulating town into doubt. I see it benefiting you as a way to post that doesn't require much work, but could potentially make you look townie to people. I don't see much trying to figure out who's town. Also, I feel that your votes are lazy. You voted Ninetails because of her reasoning for thinking marci was scum, which I don't see how you saw as scum-aligned and wasn't a bad post IMO. You also voted donki saying you were suspicious of Paopao, but you never actually stated any suspicions on the slot before then.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 212, marcistar wrote:If you want tho I can mention something else that I feel like was weird...
I'd like it.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 214, marcistar wrote:how is ninetales focusing on tunneling me all game not scummy tho? shes never got off me... always waiting to strike.....
I don't think tunnelling is necessarily scum exclusive, it could be, but she has made reads about other players and explained her vote on you well.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Chumbo »

Not_Mafia, got any reads?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 221, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 219, Chumbo wrote:Not_Mafia, got any reads?
Yes
Cool, could you please share?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Chumbo »

Disagreeing is taking action, which could make you look town to people. How people receive anything varies.

With the ninetails vote, you just dismissed the post she made and said it wasn't good reasoning. I feel like her post was decent. It doesn't look like you actually have any reason to think she's scum other than disagreeing with your opinion. Do you think tunnelling is primarily scum-aligned?

I know you think marci is town, but I guess you did do some other townreading, sorry about that.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 233, LoneMarkhor wrote:I am swayed by the arguments that catboi and marcistar are the scum team. I was suspicious of them but thought they were town masons. That was probably very foolish though. Because I ignored that they could also be scum team watching each other's back
I would have townread this if you didn't do something similar in the last game too. Claiming was an accident last time but I'm skeptical if it was again. What is it with you and masons?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 239, muh316 wrote:
In post 235, Chumbo wrote:I would have townread this if you didn't do something similar in the last game too. Claiming was an accident last time but I'm skeptical if it was again. What is it with you and masons?
Could you elaborate what you mean by this?
Last game me and Lone were in, me and Lone had this interaction:

Lone:I am really curious what BM is gonna post.I dont think its going to be what I think it will be.
Me: What do you think it will be?
Lone:They are town masons?
Me:Wow, that's not what I expected you to say at all. I guess we'll see.

This caused Lone to get townread by basically everyone for pretty much claiming VT. It's very similar to the post I'm referring to in this game. I'm thinking it's a possibility that he's trying the same thing here to get town-cred as scum.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 242, LoneMarkhor wrote:First of all I don't think I got town read for that. People were scumreading me for that reason. Secondly I didn't say that for getting reads. I was just saying that this was the thing which some people were saying that I knew too much causing them to be town read by me.
I really don't think anyone was scumreading you for that. You were one of the most universal townreads in that game.
In post 243, LoneMarkhor wrote:I don't know what WIFOM is?
Wine in front of me: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Also, congrats on 100 posts! You're a goon now.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:27 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Right now, I still feel best about catboi being scum. I feel that people voting him currently are less likely to be scum than the other (more than one vote) wagons.

Also I'd like to see what pickles has to say about the game, hopefully hasn't forgot about this game again.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 269, catboi wrote:I'd rather vote donki but I don't know that we get the support there. Ninetales is scummy as well but probably not scum with donki, because of paopao. Do you have thoughts on LoneMarkhor?
Why are these people scummy? Oh yeah, they thought marci was scum, so automatically they are scum. What reason do you think they are scum is more reasonable than why we think you are?
In post 271, Ninetales wrote:Marcistar, Pickles, Muh someone please declare intent.
Yes, please!
In post 274, marcistar wrote:are we actually doing catboi today? hes not the super scummiest imo, and what information would we even get from that lynch?
I hope so, he would definitely give the most information. We'd get information about you, Not_Mafia, Ninetails, Donki. What would we get from Lone? He's already claimed and his interactions would be much more confusing to sift through. I'm not convinced that Lone is scum.
In post 275, catboi wrote:Nah, you don't have to vote me if you don't think I'm scum. I don't know what pickles is doing, looks like he abandoned the game when it finally became active and he had to actually do something.
Here you are again shifting to another player. Trying to reassure marci that pickles is scum even though you had a town read, what changed?.
In post 276, marcistar wrote:everyone whos voting catboi if he ends up town, what would we do next?
If this happens we take the information from his lynch and the nightkill (if there is one) and we have a better chance of getting scum tomorrow.

Someone please declare intent. The day is running out and a lot of people don't login everyday. We'll need the time to shift to another if necessary.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Also, catboi, have you given my reasoning behind why Ninetails is probably town any thought?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 283, catboi wrote:Because I'm town, so obviously you can't be right on me? What the hell kind of question is that?
You've been discrediting me and others this whole game, but you can't answer this question other than: "because I'm town".
In post 283, catboi wrote:This is a straight up misrepresentation. I never called Pickles scum, I just stated he seems to have abandoned the game. That can happen as either alignment. It does make my read there a lot shakier.
No it's not, as either alignment you did this to shape marci's view against pickles and for you.
In post 283, catboi wrote:What "info" are you supposedly going to gain from my flip? You didn't state any, you just said you would. Tell me, when I flip town, what will you do next? What information are you supposedly going to get from it?
A catboi flip could tell us whether you were defending marci as scum or whether Not_Mafia defended you because you are a scumteam (not sure) also possibly muh, Ninetails would be pretty much cleared if you're scum. Donki as well. At the very least it would tell us a hell of a lot more than Lone. You want to counter this?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 284, catboi wrote:
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:I've looked at ninetails again, but I really don't think she is scum. The post trying to prod us to do stuff and ask her questions really made me think she was town.
LOL, that's supposed to make someone a townread? Prodding people to do stuff and asking for reasons? Give me a break. Anyone can do that sort of stuff, in fact I'd put it in the exact realm of things people do to look pro-town rather than actually help town.

I retract any townread on Chumbo, this treatment of me is so blatantly unreasonable.
Of course you do, because you're scum. I don't need your townread.

You literally townread people because they use emoji's and AtE.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 282, LoneMarkhor wrote:
In post 254, catboi wrote:
In post 242, LoneMarkhor wrote:First of all I don't think I got town read for that. People were scumreading me for that reason. Secondly I didn't say that for getting reads. I was just saying that this was the thing which some people were saying that I knew too much causing them to be town read by me.
Hmm, didn't people in that game tell you not to openly speculate about masons? Why did you do that again?
They told me role fishing was bad for town. :mrgreen: I was wrong that time and I think I was wrong this time too.This time I didn't tell anyone.
Just in case you don't already realize this, it also causes scum to know that you are VT, which increases their chances of night killing a PR.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Chumbo »

OMG, I answered the question for marci, it's reversed, so let me tell you since you can't critically think. If you flip town, marci is much more likely to be town, Not_Mafia is goes to null, Lone and donki are more likely to be scum.

"just get rid of me if you have to" isn't ATE? I don't believe the question on
P1
was that much of a townslip to carry on to page 12. I've tried to look at your side in every way, but I don't see your slot as town at all.

Pedit: Lone's VC was all over the place, I don't think it would tell us as much. AND, we already know he claimed VT.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I'm sorry about the critical thinking thing, I'm drunk. I don't think you're stupid.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Chumbo »

What makes you so sure about Not_Mafia?

Also, I put a lot of thought into either flip. I still think you're scum.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Chumbo »

If you were to flip town, I'd go easier on him than if you flipped scum. Either way, he hasn't been helpful at all, his meta is garbage and I don't feel bad saying that.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Also, he's been given a day and he hasn't actually made any reads or anything clear.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Ignoring the RVS vote and the vote on donki. WHY vote for pickles or muh316? It's all just garbage.

The people you stick up for are ridiculous.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 381, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 378, muh316 wrote:
In post 373, Not_Mafia wrote:Catboi if you vote lone I will declare intent
What's with the last minute change of heart?
I think catboi is town and would prefer a lone elim
Do you think Lone is likely to be scum?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Chumbo »

With that logic why not just hammer catboi?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I mean as an educated guess do you think Lone is scummy?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 386, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't remember who he is
Really? :igmeou:

I'll stay on catboi.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 390, marcistar wrote:how would this give any surefire info on any of us if there hasnt been any night phases yet? also uhh where did lone claim? i dont remember it
Night comes once we get a flip. We have no information now, we will have information after someone gets flipped. We've seen people defend catboi and catboi defend others. This is the information we would gain from this. I don't think we'd get as much from Lone.

Lone claimed by saying he "thought" catboi and marci were masons.
In post 390, marcistar wrote:Being VT makes it easy as well.
the way you say this, it seems like you think vt being lynched doesnt matter. doesn't every life matter?
In post 390, marcistar wrote:it makes it easier for me to vote you out since you're either VT or Scum.
i dont like this muh, dont vt lives matter too? we cant just eliminate every vt we come across because then mafia would have an upper hand. This makes it seem like you wouldn't mind doing that..?
If it was an unopposed PR claim, it would make him much more likely to be town. Claiming VT could make it go either way. We should lynch someone.
He isn't confirmed as a VT, he could be scum too.
Also, we're not just voting out VTs because they're not useful, were voting them out because we think they are scum. I really don't believe that you don't get this concept.
In post 405, catboi wrote:I wouldn't try to pull the WIFOM play as scum in a newbie game. Too high a chance of backfiring. But I mostly expected skepticism.
This is why I think you're so scummy. You always talk like this. "I wouldn't do that as scum" "Nobody ever does that as scum" "I only see that from town" etc.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Chumbo »

No, speaking with certainty isn't a problem, it's you telling us how you play.
It feels manipulative to say "I'm not scum because I wouldn't do that as scum."
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by Chumbo »

You're twisting my words around now. I'm not saying people can't explain their actions, but when you justify whatever you do with a broad, impossible to prove meta (sitewide) it seems manipulative. Scum can do anything to try to get people to think they're town, it's not limited and if it was we'd always have town winning.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 404, LoneMarkhor wrote:If catboi was scum he'd rather have eliminated me with not_mafia's offer to save his skin.
This is the main thing I'm struggling with right now. It could just be WIFOM because catboi's wagon wasn't moving closer to a lynch anyway, but I'm really not sure now.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Chumbo »

What do you think about what donki just said?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I don't feel as confident about catboi with him not being willing to vote Lone to save himself. Donki seems town to me though. While Lone is only a soft scumread, I think he may be the best option since I'm not confident about catboi anymore.

VOTE: LoneMarkhor
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Chumbo »

For me, I'm voting you because of how many times you changed your votes and doing the masons thing again. The main reason is that I'm not confident about catboi anymore and there's only 29 hours left to eliminate someone, his wagon wasn't going anywhere.
I would prefer to vote someone I think is scummier, but there's no time and no one I have that strong of a read about.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #49) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:39 pm

Post by Chumbo »

My gut reaction to who the other scum would be is Ninetails.
I'm really not sure though. Yesterday I started townreading catboi because he didn't want to hammer Lone, but now knowing that Lone was scum I don't know if I should read it that way anymore. I don't know if Lone would bus his partner up to E-1 and hold his vote there though.

@catboi: You know Not_Mafia, do you think he would make an agreement to bus his partner D1 for some reason?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 458, catboi wrote:Well, Not_Mafia didn't vote Lone, so he can't have bussed. I think he probably would be willing to do it, though. The real question is whether LoneMarkhor's push on Not_Mafia was a bus or not. If that's what you mean, I don't think he'd tell his partner to do it, but his partner might do it anyway because they feel he's so scummy they need to push on him. I don't think anything necessarily clears him and him still having donki as a scumread still isn't great.
What I meant by making an agreement to bus his partner was this:
In post 373, Not_Mafia wrote:Catboi if you vote lone I will declare intent
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #51) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I really don't get the intention behind the PRs post by N_M. It seems scummy. As long as the pressure isn't put too much on PRs I don't see why they should claim.

I'm thinking it's either Not_Mafia or Ninetails.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:03 pm

Post by Chumbo »

The intention is that people should claim, but why? In any of these scenarios, the person just gets outed as a PR. We still have the same percentage chance beforehand. Do you just not want to waste time scumreading a PR?

Pedit: Those were all in the first few pages of the game.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:12 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 482, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Donkey Kong
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #54) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:16 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 484, Not_Mafia wrote:Your point being? Scum are at their most awkward and unsure at the start of the game. Newbscum doesn't come out bussing, they come out trying to push what they think is an easy miselim cos they see the idiot with the dancing cow avatar claiming Jester in giant rainbow text. Scum love to try and push me early game.
Why? Nobody who is the first wagon gets lynched early. It always goes on from what I've seen. If your going to pretend to bus, it seems best to do it early on.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #55) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I just want to know how claiming helps town. I promise I'm really not tunneling.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #56) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:27 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Why PRs should claim even though it opens them up to NKs.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #57) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:38 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Why does the setup matter enough to potentially kill PRs tonight? If they don''t need to claim, they might not die.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #58) » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Every setup has a goon in it. If you can show me evidence that you've done this before as town, I'll believe you. Goon is the most likely mafia role.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #59) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:03 am

Post by Chumbo »

I really just don't know. I don't understand why this would be beneficial.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #60) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 502, marcistar wrote:do you see not_mafia as scummy for this? im honestly so confused about whats going on rn the stats not_mafia posted made my brain hurt
i just thought maybe he didnt read too much, but im so confused about that either way.
Kind of, I'm still trying to figure him out.

@Not_Mafia: after the initial self-vote were all your other votes for who you thought were scummiest?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #61) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 514, Ninetales wrote:This is coming from scum. I'm actually going to straight off the bat say that Donki, Notmafia, Catboi, and Chumbo are town. This seems like he is setting up townies on a town flip and he wouldn't do that if catboi actually flips scum right? Because if Catboi flipped scum, he wouldn't be able to plausibly push these people.
What happened to this? Seems like your vote on donki is opportunistic. You didn't say much about him.
VOTE: ninetails
That's E-1
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #62) » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Is it better than "tunneling" you?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #63) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by Chumbo »

So Muh is kinda implicated in marci's NK because she was suspicious of Muh, but I don't know if it is used to frame Muh or if it was Muh.

Not_Mafia is still very suspicious to me. I don't feel like his posting is genuine.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (isolation #64) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Chumbo »

Do you think muh would have bussed D1 with an active scumread on you?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #65) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 577, muh316 wrote:No-Elim: Donki, Chumbo
Elim: Not_Mafia, Catboi
No-elim: Masons
Elim: people who are not you.

sounds legit. Who would you think is the scum and why?
Not_Mafia wrote:What if me or catboi are the other mason?
lol, you'd really be doing great as a troll :lol:
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #66) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 584, muh316 wrote:Makes sense that I'd want to eliminate the folks who I'm certain are not town. I would first push for catboi since I've scumread him before, then go for N_M.
What do you think of catboi's opening post today about donki being a mason?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (isolation #67) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Chumbo »

both wagons were town though.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Chumbo »

I have wondered if town got both wagons right on D1
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #69) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 594, catboi wrote:You were literally obvious masons after the flip happened, and were I mafia I'd have shot you. Leaving a conftown alive is just suboptimal, because both of you were going to still end up suspecting me and you couldn't be pushed. The idea I would try to pocket you by keeping you alive is pretty ridiculous, donki has had a stupid hardon for me since day 1 and wasn't going to be persuaded, where I could just as easily have buddied marcistar to win the game. But if the last mafia couldn't figure that out, and wound up shooting VTs instead, they might want PRs to out to give them a chance of victory, like not_mafia did yesterday. I just kept quiet and tried to keep you hidden, and I'd say it worked out all right.
I asked this to muh because I want to get more content out of him. He's where I'm leaning atm. Lone read him as town all day 1.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #70) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 402, LoneMarkhor wrote:I want to clear this if catboi doesn't flip scum marci and not_mafia will be cleared and if catboi is not eliminated we will live under the fear that scum are fooling us.I am kind of split between catboi and donkihott.
This is an interesting post.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #71) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by Chumbo »

You have really been lurking Muh.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #72) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Chumbo »

I think catboi is town. His reactionary voting seems more town than scum. I'm thinking it's muh, if not then N_M
VOTE: muh
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Nice, GG everyone!