Newbie 2065 | The Backrooms | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Wed May 26, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 22, Wayward Son wrote: Not that I can prove it but I've never RVSed a scum buddy.
That definitely varies from person to person though, I knew a couple of people irl who would always vote for their scum partner day 1

Granted, they weren't very
good
at the game, but that's just because they were predictable, so it's better to switch it up
VOTE: Wayward Son
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Wed May 26, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Zyla »

I'll be honest, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that I was responding to the person I was voting, I just used a random picker and got Wayward's name
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 38, The Bulge wrote:tbh I probably would have ignored if it weren't for the "...yet" bit lol

their reaction to my vote is extremely newbscum too. and their whole attitude since then almost gives off an air of "oh yea? well you can't
prove
I'm scum" and it reeks.

I didn't think much of the pre-game meta homework but I'd buy that it was fed from a more experienced. scumpartner.
Honestly, while that is a possibility, there's also the fact that that are 2 possible role-sets that include masons, so it could be a townpartner as well
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 43, MixLixWix wrote:
In post 41, Zyla wrote:
In post 38, The Bulge wrote:tbh I probably would have ignored if it weren't for the "...yet" bit lol

their reaction to my vote is extremely newbscum too. and their whole attitude since then almost gives off an air of "oh yea? well you can't
prove
I'm scum" and it reeks.

I didn't think much of the pre-game meta homework but I'd buy that it was fed from a more experienced. scumpartner.
Honestly, while that is a possibility, there's also the fact that that are 2 possible role-sets that include masons, so it could be a townpartner as well
Why would a town Mason give that info to their Mason buddy who then telegraphs that discussion? Wouldn't they be more likely to discuss it in their thingy rather than having Wayward talk about it in thread?

Genuine question. Masons are weird.
Mostly I'm suggesting the possibility that the other Mason might have suggested that they read up on games that the other players played in, and they just happened to share the fact that they read up
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Wed May 26, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 49, MixLixWix wrote:
In post 45, Zyla wrote:
In post 43, MixLixWix wrote:
In post 41, Zyla wrote:

prove
I'm scum" and it reeks.

Why would a town Mason give that info to their Mason buddy who then telegraphs that discussion? Wouldn't they be more likely to discuss it in their thingy rather than having Wayward talk about it in thread?

Genuine question. Masons are weird.
Mostly I'm suggesting the possibility that the other Mason might have suggested that they read up on games that the other players played in, and they just happened to share the fact that they read up
Fair enough I suppose. I don't think it's possible to really gleam much from it thinking about more in depth.

Do you have any feelings about anyone so far?
tbh, it might just be that I'm out of practice, but I'm never really confident on reads day 1. You and Luke definitely seem to be pro-town so far, but everyone else is mostly null so far
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Wed May 26, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 50, Xlos wrote:
In post 33, Zyla wrote:I'll be honest, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that I was responding to the person I was voting, I just used a random picker and got Wayward's name
Random is a lame reason to vote for someone IMO. It doesn't really encourage any discussion or have inspire any fear of being lynched. Even the first post of the thread had a reason to vote for someone! So that's my reason to VOTE: Zyla
To be fair, it's day one, and we don't have any leads, so it's kind of just playing the game
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Wed May 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 53, MixLixWix wrote:
In post 51, Zyla wrote:
In post 49, MixLixWix wrote:Do you have any feelings about anyone so far?
tbh, it might just be that I'm out of practice, but I'm never really confident on reads day 1. You and Luke definitely seem to be pro-town so far, but everyone else is mostly null so far
That's fair. Day 1 is always a clusterfuck (at least in the irl mafia I've played). Maybe we can help get the ball rolling together? Why do you think me and Luke are pro-town? What do you make of the latter's points on T3, if anything?
You and Luke have been doing a lot more in-depth looking at who's posting what type of thing and why that seems more town or scum than the other people; that's definitely good town behavior, although you could easily be faking it.
As for the T3 stuff, I honestly don't know. As far as I can tell, t3 doesn't really have a list of games they participated in, and I don't have enough information to tell whether Luke picked a random bunch of games, random games that happen to show t3 in a negative light, or what
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Wed May 26, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 57, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 56, Zyla wrote:As for the T3 stuff, I honestly don't know. As far as I can tell, t3 doesn't really have a list of games they participated in, and I don't have enough information to tell whether Luke picked a random bunch of games, random games that happen to show t3 in a negative light, or what
This sounds like you're scum reading Luke? It doesn't fit with the first half of the post.
I mostly just mean that I'm not sure if that's enough to say that t3's scum, since there's a chance that the games picked weren't quite accurate
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Wed May 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 60, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 59, Zyla wrote:
In post 57, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 56, Zyla wrote:As for the T3 stuff, I honestly don't know. As far as I can tell, t3 doesn't really have a list of games they participated in, and I don't have enough information to tell whether Luke picked a random bunch of games, random games that happen to show t3 in a negative light, or what
This sounds like you're scum reading Luke? It doesn't fit with the first half of the post.
I mostly just mean that I'm not sure if that's enough to say that t3's scum, since there's a chance that the games picked weren't quite accurate
You are welcome to look at their meta for yourself if you don't want to trust me on it.

If you click their name, it will take you to their profile. From there, hit "view their topics" and it will take you to a list of all of the threads that T3 has been a part of. You might have to sort through a bit because you can see things like sign-up queues and dead threads.

Although, T3 almost confirmed by meta analysis on them in post . When he looked at how I described his town games vs his scum games, his response was "that's fair" not "you cherry picked those games, that is not always how I play"
Ah, gotcha, I'm so used to that button being "topics this user started" that I didn't bother to click on it, my bad
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Wed May 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Zyla »

We seem to be coming out of RVS, so UNVOTE: Wayward Son

And reading from his other games (and re-reading his "rebuttal") I'm starting to see what y'all mean
VOTE: T3
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #10) » Thu May 27, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 111, T3 wrote:I mostly rely on gut analysis to form reads.
So... has your gut given you anything yet? You're the only one who hasn't done so much as a random vote
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #11) » Fri May 28, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 155, Xlos wrote:
In post 132, The Bulge wrote:
In post 130, Xlos wrote:Xlos mafia => Mix mafia
???????
It's a joke, I'm basically claiming to be a townie because the premise is false. (Unless I'm selling out my teammate lol)
I'll be honest, I was thinking of this as more than just a joke, although if I'm wrong, there are 2 or 3 people who could tell me otherwise
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #12) » Fri May 28, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 162, MixLixWix wrote: Well I would like to here that. What do you think it is?
If I'm correct about it, it would probably not be best for me to explain, at least on the first day
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #13) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 165, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 164, Zyla wrote:
In post 162, MixLixWix wrote: Well I would like to here that. What do you think it is?
If I'm correct about it, it would probably not be best for me to explain, at least on the first day
I don't think this is a productive conversation. If it was a joke, it does not help us, if it was not a joke, then it is best not to spell it out Day 1.

So maybe we should all assume it is a joke, and move for the day :dead:
Fair enough
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #14) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Zyla »

Lol, it would definitely be interesting to see what he'd choose
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #15) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Zyla »

Uhh, maybe we shouldn't be this quick to vote someone who might be a mason. Getting E-2 at less than 5 hours in isn't a good thing in this case.
It's definitely weird that Mix-los didn't get killed, but it could've been scum gearing up to try and say that one of them was on the scumteam
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #16) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 241, Xlos wrote:But I personally don't see the slip that me and Zyla supposedly made. And since we weren't killed, does mafia even believe the claim T3 made? One possible reason that Roden was killed was because his agreement with T3 about me and Zyla being masons were seems a pretty town-power move, maybe he was trying to redirect the nightkill to one of us cause he knows we aren't masons. But maybe not, at the bottom of this post I have another possible reason.

I've given a lot (too much) thought to the idea that T3 and Zyla are evil and T3 pinned her with me for some reason, but it just doesn't seem that reasonable. I won't subject you to too much analysis about this for now, though.
Honestly, I think that that was just to drive confusion, since the general consensus would that you and mix were masons, and throwing me in there as the other could be anywhere from random, to me being his scumpartner, to trying to make me look bad. Most of his posts towards the end seemed to be just to create confusion, so I've just been ignoring them
In post 242, Xlos wrote:
In post 222, Gypyx wrote:
votecount 2.0
Spoiler:
Unrelated, can someone explain this flavor? Are these just pictures of random rooms?
"The backrooms" is a series of corridors that you find yourself in and can never escape, it's got infinite 'creepily empty' rooms
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #17) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 213, Lukewarm wrote: Consider the other choices: Lukewarm who is as close to confirmed town as it gets, and me/Zyla who are suspected to be town power. I think that, to kill someone else, mafia would need to have something big to gain. And the only person who gains from killing Roden (and gains a lot) is Egix.
On the first level I can agree with you, but that assuming that the night kill was a direct action and not trying to frame someone else.

With the fact that a lot of people have been assuming a Mix-Los Mason team, killing someone outside of that could also be trying to raise doubt on whether or not they
are
both confirmed town members, since why would any Mafia member not go for a PR when possible? So if Egix stands to gain, so does someone who's gone up against the two.
Reading back through, the only thing that Mix and Xlos have agreed on with solid reads was that Wayward Son seemed scummy, and the only other person who had a solid read on him was Roden, who said he was scummy.

So
@ Wayward Son

As far as I can tell,
you
have the most to gain from this particular night kill, as you took out someone who was onto you, and raised suspicion on your other two opponents in the process. You also started a bandwagon way too early rather than wait for more discussion on it. So when you get back I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #18) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Zyla »

Oh, also
VOTE: Wayward Son
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #19) » Mon May 31, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 251, Xlos wrote: Mix-los XD I will claim that I am not a mason, I think I've made it obvious by not knowing who my partner is.
Good to know, but I will have to re-read to get a new read on you and mix now
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #20) » Mon May 31, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Zyla »

I do have one question though Xlos, if you and Mix
aren't
Masons, why did you choose mix as the other person?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #21) » Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 256, Xlos wrote:
In post 253, Zyla wrote: snip
If the night kill was trying to frame somebody, then I'd imagine that the person being framed would be Egix (since the direct analysis I gave pointed to him being mafia). Though your analysis has it that I/Mix are the ones being framed, which would be consistent with Wayward Son voting for me. I do think that a lot of his post against me in wasn't particularly compelling, but that's likely just because he listed every single post I made.
As clarification, I was mostly meaning that You or Mix were most likely to be who he was
trying
to frame, but with the unpredictability of how people take things, I wouldn't be surprised if scum!WWS went with Egix if your NKA had gone before his post
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #22) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 262, Wayward Son wrote:@ Zyla When you first brought up Masons in , it was in connection with Egix and I.
Actually, T3 was the one who connected you to Egix, still not sure why
Why are you Mason hunting on Day 1 anyway? Why would town hunt Masons on Day 1?
I wasn't mason hunting, I brought up the fact that if you had a SE partner (which could be T3, Egix, or Bulge) that suggested you read up on topics other players were in (which has been debunked by the fact that you did mention you were reading in the signup thread) it didn't
have
to be scum as there was/is a potential for Masons.
The fact that later Xlos made a joke(?) that suggested that he and Mix were masons is coincidental with that afaik
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #23) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Zyla »

But again, I would like to know why you brought Xlos to E-2 this early in the day when you didn't have any sort of question for them
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #24) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 263, Wayward Son wrote:If all this Mason talk is correct, then we're facing a Goon or a Roleblocker. The role blocker is useless against Masons, so this might be real good! :D
Also, the Mason team was assumed to be Mix-Los, and xlos has claimed he's not a mason, so unfortunately I think that Rolecop is back in the game, and that's useful in any line-up
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #25) » Mon May 31, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 268, Wayward Son wrote:@ Zyla there's no danger scum will quick hammer. It helps people know where I think the game might be headed.
I suppose that's fair, I'll withdraw for now at least
UNVOTE: Wayward Son
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #26) » Mon May 31, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 270, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 269, Xlos wrote: Wait, if that's true, then this is a pretty strong town tell for Zyla, right? Why would T3 accidentally switch the person he thought I was a mason with with his scumbuddy?
Honestly, I think that Mix's response to the "crumb" in posts and gave away that they were not ever the mason with Xlos, because they would not keep asking questions about it / not understand why we would want to table it.

I knew at that point that it was not true, but did not want to say it in case it could still draw a mafia Night Kill from the real PRs.
Honestly I kind of assumed that Xlos breadcrumbed without telling Mix and then had to explain what he was doing in the group chat afterwards. But if the mafia team had your reaction, that
would
explain why they both survived the night
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #27) » Mon May 31, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Zyla »

Anyway, I don't think I've read said much about my reads yet, so

Currently, Luke is my main TR, Bulge seems to be leaning in that direction, but honestly hasn't posted that much yet, so mostly null.
I've been liking Egix for town, but I do want to see what he says about having something to gain from the NK.
Mix has been hard for me to read, so honestly I'm null on them
Wayward and Xlos are both pretty high on my suspect list, but I want to see what Mix and Bulge think of the night happenings before I commit to a vote.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 276, The Bulge wrote:I wanna do this today
VOTE: Zyla
In post 253, Zyla wrote:
In post 213, Lukewarm wrote: Consider the other choices: Lukewarm who is as close to confirmed town as it gets, and me/Zyla who are suspected to be town power. I think that, to kill someone else, mafia would need to have something big to gain. And the only person who gains from killing Roden (and gains a lot) is Egix.
On the first level I can agree with you, but that assuming that the night kill was a direct action and not trying to frame someone else.

With the fact that a lot of people have been assuming a Mix-Los Mason team, killing someone outside of that could also be trying to raise doubt on whether or not they
are
both confirmed town members, since why would any Mafia member not go for a PR when possible? So if Egix stands to gain, so does someone who's gone up against the two.
Reading back through, the only thing that Mix and Xlos have agreed on with solid reads was that Wayward Son seemed scummy, and the only other person who had a solid read on him was Roden, who said he was scummy.

So
@ Wayward Son

As far as I can tell,
you
have the most to gain from this particular night kill, as you took out someone who was onto you, and raised suspicion on your other two opponents in the process. You also started a bandwagon way too early rather than wait for more discussion on it. So when you get back I'd really like to hear what you have to say.
what makes you so sure Wayward isn't the one being framed?
how can you go from "just because Egix gains the most from this kill doesn't mean he's scum" to "Wayward actually gains the most from this kill, so he's scum" in the same post?

there are other logical fallacies and big headscratchers in this post but the above is all I care about atm.
I mean, I wasn't sure. The main thing that got my attention was the fact that he voted on someone who already had a vote on them that early in the day, and when he explained his reasoning (which I still don't particularly agree with) I withdrew to wait for more information.
In post 255, Zyla wrote:
In post 251, Xlos wrote: Mix-los XD I will claim that I am not a mason, I think I've made it obvious by not knowing who my partner is.
Good to know, but I will have to re-read to get a new read on you and mix now
did mix's not already tip you off or at least make you reconsider?
... My brain can be as sharp as a rubber ball sometimes
In post 273, Zyla wrote:Anyway, I don't think I've read said much about my reads yet, so

Currently, Luke is my main TR, Bulge seems to be leaning in that direction, but honestly hasn't posted that much yet, so mostly null.
I've been liking Egix for town, but I do want to see what he says about having something to gain from the NK.
Mix has been hard for me to read, so honestly I'm null on them
Wayward and Xlos are both pretty high on my suspect list, but I want to see what Mix and Bulge think of the night happenings before I commit to a vote.
what do you mean by "mix has been hard for me to read"? havent you been assuming very strongly that mix is a mason since yesterday? when and why were you attempting to get a read on them?

also when and why did xlos suddenly shoot up your scumlist, and why didnt your independent scumread of him make you reconsider your mason theory earlier?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Zyla »

In response to you directly, yes
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 279, Lukewarm wrote:
The case for Zyla

Wayward actually touched on my biggest concern from Zyla earlier, and that is that she appears much more in a mindset to spot Masons then I would expect town to be. Definitely thinking about it a lot more then I am.

From my pov, there are just so many town PR combinations out of [cop / doctor / jailkeeper / tracker / friendly neighbor / masons]. More town PRs then I am going to individually try to attribute to players. I am much more interested in looking for scum.

But from the scum's pov, there are only 3 possibilities, and there is a lot of benefit from figuring out the PRs, so they would be hunting for it.
I mean, I wasn't actually hunting for PRs, but I do like trying to figure out who's what; it's like a secondary game to me, and even if I don't really have the means to prove it rn, I do that regardless of alignment
These comments from Zyla are not bad per say, but they definitely betray that she is examining players differently then I do as town
Spoiler:
In post 41, Zyla wrote:Honestly, while that is a possibility, there's also the fact that that are 2 possible role-sets that include masons, so it could be a townpartner as well
In post 160, Zyla wrote:I'll be honest, I was thinking of this as more than just a joke, although if I'm wrong, there are 2 or 3 people who could tell me otherwise
In post 243, Zyla wrote:Uhh, maybe we shouldn't be this quick to vote someone who might be a mason. Getting E-2 at less than 5 hours in isn't a good thing in this case.

tl;dr Every single conversation on Masons being in this game stemmed from Zyla, which could indicate that Zyla know we are in a column with Masons
I mean, the first was just saying that I didn't agree with Bulge that if someone else told them to read that it had to be the mafia, but we've already established that that isn't that important. As for the second, I do regret bringing attention to it, since if it had been a breadcrumb I could've been bringing attention to the PR, which isn't the best plan. And I completely misunderstood how everyone was reacting to it and thought the most people were in agreement with them being Masons, hence my being confused with the votes on Xlos happening that way.
In post 280, Lukewarm wrote:-snip- (answered above)
Although, I think I have the opposite thoughts on T3's Friendly Neighbor claim. I think that makes us less likely to be in Column 2. I think he was wanting someone to say "we can't have a friendly neighbor, because I am ____" Basically, I think he knew that every PR in the game could cc a friendly neighbor
None of the columns have that trait though. A2 would require both PRs to claim, as they both partner with Friendly Neighbor in the B column, and C2 would be impossible to prove from B2 without seeing the other mafia role
In post 286, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 282, Xlos wrote:The case for Zyla is pretty compelling, but I still think that Egix is more likely.
If we end up in consensus that the scum is likely between Egix or Zyla, then we can just kill them both :D :D :D

We get to kill 3 more people total before we lose
Honestly I'm not sure what to say about this one, but it doesn't seem like the best idea
In post 289, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 273, Zyla wrote:Wayward and Xlos are both pretty high on my suspect list, but I want to see what Mix and Bulge think of the night happenings before I commit to a vote.
Using ctrl f I went through your ISO. This is the first place you mentioned any scum read on Xlos.

How did you come to this conclusion?
As for the second question, that's coming soon
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Zyla »

My reasoning behind my scumread of Xlos (after getting it through my head that he's not a Mason)
In post 71, Xlos wrote:
In post 66, Lukewarm wrote:
Xlos's entire iso feels strange, especially when I saw that they have been on site since 2019 and did not appear to realize that RVS voting is a thing. But I checked, and this is actually their first game on site.

Which, for me, puts them into the same category as Wayward Son - the "I need to hear more from you so I can tell if your posts sound off because you are scum or just because you are new"
I knew what RVS is so you can bring your suspicion back with regards to that. That post in particular stood out cause Zyla was talking about switching up voting a scumbuddy. But as I see it, each phase builds off the last, with more and more evidence to support the votes. Right now I still feel like I'm still essentially in RVS since there's so little information to go on, but as time passes on the votes will become more real. I guess I can give my reads for right now, since I'm going to sleep soon.
Going straight from "Random is a terrible reason to vote for someone" as the reason to vote me to "That post stood out cause [..]" is a little odd, it seems like they voted for me randomly, and then when pushed came up with an actual reason. And while some people do that as town, I feel most town people would admit that that's what they were doing
So far I think the best observation is Lukewarm's observation on T3's post. It's not particularly convincing but it stands out among the crowd of meaninglessness. If T3 is scum, then I'll be convinced that Lukewarm is town.
Next in the list is MixLixWix, especially in the last few hours, his discussion starting skills have been really good. Though I hesitate to say how much town lean this gives him since the mafia can also be active, I think it is helping the thread move along so in any case it is pro-town and pro-fun behavior.
Everyone else is null, I need to look more.
And then most suspicious is T3 due to that observation by Lukewarm. I'll put my vote on him if needed, but for now I'm going to try poking more at the nulls.
This feels like distancing to me looking back.
In post 130, Xlos wrote:Dependencies:
Xlos mafia => Mix mafia
I'm not telling how I know this. Mix hasn't talked too much since the start of the day so I'd like to hear his thoughts on what is going on. So far he's sparked some discussion though.
This still doesn't read as a joke to me, it reads as Xlos breadcrumbing as mason. I think he wanted it to fly under the radar for a bit so that he could deny it if pressed, which he eventually did.
In post 173, Xlos wrote: It's gut reading man... given that I'm not a mason with T3, I can't imagine why the man doesn't want to say why he thinks anything. It's not like he'll be alive D2 to explain, or like we will gain any insight on what he meant by killing him if he does turns out to be town. Maybe he's just tired.
In post 161, T3 wrote: I slept well, thanks.
The mystery deepens...
After all, he's very specific in saying that T3 isn't his mason partner, not that he isn't a Mason, not that he isn't partnered with T3.
In post 282, Xlos wrote:Since T3 flipped Goon, we've got 50% odds to be in column C, and there isn't even a doctor for scum to worry about. And Roden was going down
hard
on Egix near the end...
Maybe this is just bad math, but for it to be 50% chance of column C, you would have to know at least one of the roles is in the game that can't be in the third column, which only PRs and mafia know.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 307, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 301, Zyla wrote:This still doesn't read as a joke to me, it reads as Xlos breadcrumbing as mason. I think he wanted it to fly under the radar for a bit so that he could deny it if pressed, which he eventually did.
What would scum!Xlos gain from bread crumbing masons with Mix? Masons is a hard thing to fake claim if your supposed mason partner is not your scum partner, and they cannot both be scum at this point.
Honestly, I have no clue at the logic behind it, it's just what it felt like to me.
In post 308, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 301, Zyla wrote:After all, he's very specific in saying that T3 isn't his mason partner, not that he isn't a Mason, not that he isn't partnered with T3.
If anything, Xlos leaving that possibility open is a pro-town move. If Xlos is not a PR, but leaves people to think that he might be one, then it can draw the NK with is a good thing.
It was more in context with the other bits that it looked suspicious to me
In post 309, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 301, Zyla wrote:Maybe this is just bad math, but for it to be 50% chance of column C, you would have to know at least one of the roles is in the game that can't be in the third column, which only PRs and mafia know.
I am having a hard time finding a solid threw line for your thought processes. Because, you have repeatedly pointed out the possibility of someone being a PR as a reason we should be careful assuming they are scum, but then you don't think the same thing here. What makes this pr chance different then the others?

Spoiler:
Also, I don't think the math is bad. The first scum flip we see being a goon, ups the odds that we are in column C
Basically, T3 was either [Column A goon, Column B goon, Column C Goon1, or Column C Goon2]
But it was bad math! ... On my part. My bad Xlos
In post 315, Lukewarm wrote:@Zyla, after I explained how to look at T3's games yourself, how many did you look over to decide that my meta case was not cherry picked?
I ended up looking at the same amount you posted, because I could only find the one scum!t3 game and a lot of t3's games seemed to be expiremental/non-standard
In post 316, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 314, Xlos wrote:I would like to see what Wayward Son's and Mix's reads are at the present time. I may change my vote.

I really think it can't be anyone other than Zyla, with an off chance of Egix.

-snip-

@ Zyla If you're town, who do you think is framing you??? Personally I don't see anyone.
Ok, I'm confused, that's a complete 180 from the last read we heard from you
In post 317, Wayward Son wrote:@ Zyla I had multiple pages open and somehow missed until I read it in your ISO. Sorry.

Do you actually think Xlos is trying to frame you? I'm convinced Xlos isn't a Mason.
I never said I was being framed? I don't think the night kill had anything to do with me
In post 318, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 311, Xlos wrote:I'm not so sure about Zyla being it. It seems like Lukewarm and Bulge are suspecting her in part because they don't understand her logic, especially Bulge:
@ Zyla This doesn't sound like someone trying to frame you.
Why are you even mentioning framing?
In post 321, Wayward Son wrote:Last post tonight, I promise.

@ Zyla In the first quote is attributed to Luke, but he didn't say that. Do you know how that happened?
I probably had multiple posts quoted and accidentally deleted the wrong opening tag
It's easy enough to change quotes or mess up the formatting tbh
Never in this thread, Zyla wrote:Would y'all believe me if I said that Mix and I are actually masons?
/joke
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Zyla »

I am, though I might have to leave sometime soon
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Zyla »

Whoops, I meant to respond to both parts of that post

The main reasoning behind the "maybe we should make sure he isn't a pr first" is that he was getting a worrying amount of votes way too early on in the day (at least in my mind) which would be bad if he were a vanilla townie, but the fact that (I assumed) most people were thinking he was a PR made it worse.
So the key difference was the votes vs just suspicion
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Zyla »

Honestly, I can't say Xlos defending me doesn't make me
want
to give him town points for it, but I try not to give people defending me any special points just because of how often WK/buddying stuff can get used to the mafia's advantage
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Zyla »

That being said, WWS is taking my top scum-spect slot rn
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 338, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 337, Zyla wrote:That being said, WWS is taking my top scum-spect slot rn
Can you give me your top 3?
Suspect to Town

Wayward,
Xlos,
Bulge,
Lukewarm

Unsure of
Egix
Mix
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 339, Lukewarm wrote:I know that our most obvious win condition in finding the scum today, but if we can find 4 town players, we win. Are there any players you are comfortable putting into "I am confident they are town"
Honestly, rn you(Lukewarm) are the only person I'm comfortable putting into that category.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Zyla »

EBWOP, Zyla wrote:
In post 338, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 337, Zyla wrote:That being said, WWS is taking my top scum-spect slot rn
Can you give me your top 3?
Scum-leaning

Wayward,
Xlos,

Neutral

Bulge,

Town-leaning

Lukewarm

Null-Read

Egix
Mix
I think that's clearer
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 326, Zyla wrote:I never said I was being framed? I don't think the night kill had anything to do with me
You're getting a lot of heat, and
if
you're town, then someone might be trying to frame you. Or scum is letting town steer itself in the wrong direction. What do you think of Egix?

If you're town the NK couldn't have had anything to do with you. The NK is the thing that most makes me think I might be wrong on you.[/quote]
Gotcha, I'm mostly used to "framing" only being used in relation to who was killed
As far as egix, like I just said, my read is pretty null on them, considering how little they seem to post. Honestly though, with the fact that they've actually posted less than the gm, it's starting to feel more anti-town than just null. I'm tempted to look into his meta and see if that's normal for him as town, and tbh I usually dislike using meta (although it was helpful in T3's case)
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 350, Wayward Son wrote:If I was scum with T3 I would have had to be willing to sacrifice my partner before the game even started. That doesn't sound like smart scum play to me. I'd have to play out several Days with no help from anyone.

I'm not that good at scum theater.
Honestly, looking at it, when you voted T3, you already had 3 votes against you. So it's possible that scum!WWS might panic about being eliminated and start to try and distance.
If that is true, it definitely backfired though :lol:
In post 366, Lukewarm wrote:So I checked time stamps. She learns how to do it herself as of post 61 [Wed May 26, 2021 8:24 pm], then is ready to vote T3 as of post 63 [Wed May 26, 2021 8:36 pm] so she seemed skeptical of my meta case, but then changed her mind like 10 mins later. That is why I asked how many games she looked at.
In post 326, Zyla wrote:
In post 315, Lukewarm wrote:@Zyla, after I explained how to look at T3's games yourself, how many did you look over to decide that my meta case was not cherry picked?
I ended up looking at the same amount you posted, because I could only find the one scum!t3 game and a lot of t3's games seemed to be expiremental/non-standard
10 mins seemed like a short amount of time to find out she could read them herself, then hunt for any other scum games other then the one I pointed out, read through apparently 5 games worth of isos from T3, and then form a conclusion on his alignment this game.

Maybe I am just slow at meta reading people, but I feel like I would have needed more time then that :dead:
To be fair, I mostly skimmed through ISOs; I knew
what
I was looking for, so it was easier to find. If it weren't for T3's ""defense"" against it, I probably would've looked a bit harder at it, but considering "That makes Wayward my scumpartner, lol" was his best defense, I decided there wasn't much need
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Zyla »

... T3 might've been easy to detect as Mafia, but I'll definitely give him some credit in that his "bizarre distancing tactics" are giving a lot of crazy WIFOM moments. Like does the fact that he said that last bit make WWS more or less likely to be town
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #43) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 398, The Bulge wrote:
In post 301, Zyla wrote:
So far I think the best observation is Lukewarm's observation on T3's post. It's not particularly convincing but it stands out among the crowd of meaninglessness. If T3 is scum, then I'll be convinced that Lukewarm is town.
Next in the list is MixLixWix, especially in the last few hours, his discussion starting skills have been really good. Though I hesitate to say how much town lean this gives him since the mafia can also be active, I think it is helping the thread move along so in any case it is pro-town and pro-fun behavior.
Everyone else is null, I need to look more.
And then most suspicious is T3 due to that observation by Lukewarm. I'll put my vote on him if needed, but for now I'm going to try poking more at the nulls.
This feels like distancing to me looking back.
why?
The way I'm reading it just seems noncommittal, "t3 is scummy, but I don't want to vote for him, unless other people want me to vote for him"
In post 432, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 419, The Bulge wrote:
In post 367, Lukewarm wrote:I guess it seems weird that it would take her 18 mins to answer the question "who are your top 3 scum reads," but then only 12 mins to do a meta dive on T3
I don't like the first part, 18 mins to make a post could be 3 mins typing after 15 mins on the shitter. but the rest of what you're saying is actually pretty compelling
I think that all of her responses had a little bit of a delay, I just picked the longest one to compare lol.

But I would also like to point out that her responses today were after I asked "can you answer questions in real time," and even in that context there was a delay from her answers. But when she did the response to the meta stuff, there was not an expectation of real time responses you know?

Given the context of a "real time conversation" I would expect fairly quick response times. Given the context of "let me go check the meta of someone" I would expect a fairly long response time. But then both had similar over all response times.
With the fact that it's a forum that you have to refresh to see new posts and not like an IRC board or Discord, I think I might've been a little loose on the definition of a real-time conversation tbh. With the checking the meta, I was easily able to go and do that without having to wait for another response, and given that I knew what I was looking for, and was checking ISOs, it was fairly quick, even if it wasn't the most thorough
In post 435, Lukewarm wrote:Overall, I would say the Xlos has risen in my read list throughout the day, so I don't think I would be on board for a wagon there anymore.

I am between Zyla and Egix. I think that I am still leaning Zyla, but would be okay with a Egix wagon if other people don't like the zyla wagon (and it looks like both Egix and Xlos do not like the zyla wagon)
I don't like the Zyla wagon either :P :lol:
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Zyla »

.. I just noticed that
Gypyx
said that we
have
to have enough votes to cause an elimination (rather than just the person with the most votes at the end of the day is eliminated), so yeah, Xlos has a point there.

VOTE: Egix honestly, whether or not you are town, you seem to be posting very little, and saying even less when you do post, which isn't very helpful to the town.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 442, Lukewarm wrote:This game will be infinitely more interesting at the moment, if we are actually in column C
Because we would only have one PR? (Assuming there aren't
actual
masons who were probably laughing at me in their thread :lol:)
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #46) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 463, The Bulge wrote:I mean, scum egix just loses the game by not voting zyla already 4 hours ago so I'm willing to clear the slot
He loses the game if someone votes him, yes, but if the town thinks that the way he did it was scummy, that could be a loss for him next day.

That being said, final thoughts.
Even if you don't believe me, I am of course vanilla town. I'm mostly thinking WWS is mafia, but it could be Xlos or Egix; Pavowski has definitely made their slot seem more town, and I think that my TR on Luke is pretty solid. Still think Bulge could go either way.

I
hope
that someone switches over to Egix instead of me, but either way, good luck town!
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #47) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 471, Pavowski wrote:Over 24 hours since last Zyla post.

<8 hours til end of day.
Oh, whoops,
forgot to declare V/LA for the day, but I needed to catch me some Gible
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #48) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Zyla »

T-T
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #49) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Zyla »

Pavowski wrote:As much as I am not confident in this vote, I am even less confident the votes are there to eliminate Egix tonight. Let's hope this is the game.
I'm glad I was able to spread
some
doubt at least :lol:

Anyway, I can't say I'm
surprised
, even if I am slightly disappointed I don't make it another day.
GG all and congrats on a game well played
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #50) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Zyla »

Honestly, that's totally me, so I guess we'll have to wait for the big guy to say
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 495, Xlos wrote:
In post 253, Zyla wrote:

are

So
@ Wayward Son

As far as I can tell,
you
So was this post a lie and the NK was to frame egix? Otherwise im confused
Nah, the night kill was way simpler than that
In post 356, Xlos wrote:3) She rolled a die for the NK
In post 33, Zyla wrote:I just used a random picker and got Wayward's name
Maybe not the
best
strategy, but it seemed to help muddy the waters at least
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:35 am

Post by Zyla »

Yeah, this was a pretty fun game over all, hopefully we'll meet again!
Of course, in all future games I'll be on the town side ;)
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Zyla »

I really dead think that was a breadcrumb though!
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Zyla »

Ye, I saw that in the mason chat, never would've noticed that xD
Honestly I'm not sure I would've believed that had you died and he claimed it (although, if no one countered his claim I guess it doesn't really matter)
... Actually why do you even need to breadcrumb when there's only one person who can claim?
I guess it's just to stop mafia from trying to claim?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Zyla »

Gotcha. Tbh, I was thinking of nking you just because of your signature (before you added the strikethrough to "[I've] never been nightkilled"), but then that changed and I just tried roleblocking you instead (not very helpful). Probably would've been a better choice :lol:
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 522, Wayward Son wrote:@ Zyla What most made me sus you was that you were mainly answering questions. You need to be a lil more aggressive as either role. At the end, I think if you'd pushed, you could have had an Egix Elim and been around tomorrow.

hope to play with you all in the future
I'll keep that in mind!
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 520, Xlos wrote:
Nice nice, I had fun reading the mafia chat since all the posts are about me XD The last post made me particularly happy, gotta love it when your plots come to fruition
Btw, I meant to ask earlier, were both the fake-crumbs intentional or was the first one really just a joke?
Either way, gg my friend

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”