Newbie 2084: Signs [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Hello everyone! I am hoping to have a nice game :D
I am about to make a pro move
VOTE: ProHawk
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 10, Meuh wrote:Good morning besties! :cool:

I think we all know of the numbers meta, anyone with numbers in their names are scum! :evil:

VOTE: Spartan117

Also keeping an eye on you, Cape... :shifty:
I am also keeping an eye on Cape
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 13, Meuh wrote:
In post 8, marcistar wrote:HELLO EVERYBODY HELLA HYPED AND EXCITED TO BE PLAYING WITH U!!@@!!@@@!!!!
In post 6, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: Meuh

This is a very serious scumread.
locktown tbh
dropping townreads this early, marci>?? must mean you're trying to pocket (either me or azumarill, i'm not even sure who you're calling locktown) :mad:
very suspicious behaviour :nerd:
Usually this behavior is completely NAI and I would argue mostly just comes from town. I dunno what is up with the townread this early either + dunno why you would assume they were pocketing you.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 18, marcistar wrote:
In post 16, Cape90 wrote:I dunno what is up with the townread this early either
mfw people dont know its a joke :cry:
Oh. Well probably should have figured.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 22, marcistar wrote:ill explain a bit on the cape90 being town thing ig

i liked his starting post (), it didn't seem nervous at all, i expect scum to be a bit nervous.
then i liked alot actually, which is what stuck "cape90 = town" in my head originally. the taking the "locktown" as a townread on meg azurmarill at face value, while some people might think not understanding a joke = scummy, i don't think that would be the case here. gives good vibes following that. i think hes not thinking too deeply into stuff, while scum would think deeply and be like "what if i say something weird aaaa i need to understand this aaa" and would analyze it more before posting. i also like how it seems like hes poking at things.
I think you are looking too deep into me. If I was scum why would I be nervous in the literal first page of the game?
In post 23, marcistar wrote:while im aware i usually sus meuh for the weirdest reasons (me and meuh are friends fyi), this post ↓ was 100% serious.
In post 14, marcistar wrote:
In post 12, Meuh wrote:
In post 6, MegAzumarill wrote:Image

It's a sine!

VOTE: Meuh

This is a very serious scumread.
:0 how could you? I'm a pure innocent angel :good:
see u feel
off
already,
u know im the innocent angel :roll:
to me it feels weird because i dont remember meuh using "pure innocent angel :good:" much before, as thats typically something i would say.
im not sure if it makes her scum, but it makes her feel
off.
This still doesn't feel like a real read to me.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 29, marcistar wrote:
In post 24, Greeting wrote:
In post 21, marcistar wrote: do u want to spice it up :twisted:
In what way? :cool:
"speedwagon somebody.."

idk we can either:
-1v1 for no reason
-attack somebody together
ur choice :cool:
In post 24, Greeting wrote:Why do you expect scum to be a bit nervous?
idk cape90s experience but just in general,
scum are usually worried about their appearances, so i feel like they would be cautious when entering the thread, and a bit nervous abt making the wrong comment. early on people latch onto like anything, so making the wrong comment will be deadly :cool:
In post 27, Cape90 wrote:I think you are looking too deep into me.
yah cuz im trying to get the game started
(like itll prob end up in me being wagoned but idm :cool:)

its an early read, it wont hold much weight as more stuff develops
In post 27, Cape90 wrote:
In post 23, marcistar wrote:while im aware i usually sus meuh for the weirdest reasons (me and meuh are friends fyi), this post ↓ was 100% serious.
In post 14, marcistar wrote:
In post 12, Meuh wrote::0 how could you? I'm a pure innocent angel :good:
see u feel
off
already,
u know im the innocent angel :roll:
to me it feels weird because i dont remember meuh using "pure innocent angel :good:" much before, as thats typically something i would say.
im not sure if it makes her scum, but it makes her feel
off.
This still doesn't feel like a real read to me.
its a real read bb if u want u can scumread me for making reads out of like nothing.
1. I see what you are getting at with the whole scum are cautious thing. I feel like, more of a kinda tell I look for is consistency or even the lack there of, I feel like either are usually town indicative, meanwhile, if it more mixed, then I kinda find that sort of thing a scumtell.

2. Fair enough on the deep point.

3. I don't scumread you for what I said. It just seems like a very strange meta observation to make on such a simple post. I have the feeling you are town, on your elaboration post about me, I have a hard time thinking that mafia would make a such in depth elaboration on why they think I am town soooo early on I would expect if mafia were to do something like this, it would be later in the game, also I feel like you are actively progressing conversation which is also a big plus.

------

I have played Forum Mafia before, this isn't my first exposure to it, sort of relatively newish since summer though
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Cape90 »

To clarify my whole stance on the read not being "real" it isn't that I feel like the read is disingenuous, it is just a read that feels like it shouldn't actually mean anything, if that makes sense.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Cape90 »

That moment when Spartan is the only one who I played with and they might not even show up.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Cape90 »

Funny how you all are suggesting MegAzumarill when I was thinking the same thing. Just feels like they have been putting off doing anything useful this game at all and are using as a sort of cover (even if this isn't the case, I still dislike this post).

The other person is Mueh because fundamentally seems counter intuitive in, well, trying to solve the game, at least early on.
Though I sort of like from Mueh as I find it at the very least a good post so they can stay.

VOTE: MegAzumarill

:twisted:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 59, Meuh wrote:
In post 53, Cape90 wrote:Funny how you all are suggesting MegAzumarill when I was thinking the same thing. Just feels like they have been putting off doing anything useful this game at all and are using as a sort of cover (even if this isn't the case, I still dislike this post).

The other person is Mueh because fundamentally seems counter intuitive in, well, trying to solve the game, at least early on.
Though I sort of like from Mueh as I find it at the very least a good post so they can stay.

What makes you think 43 is counterintuitive?
While it doesn’t further too much regarding those who have spoken, getting people who haven’t to talk is productive
I don't think it
makes
them talk despite what you think. Dunno about you, but I play mafia to play mafia, this strategy is likely not even a thing because of like, you know, how prodding works. If a person isn't here then a person isn't here that doesn't make them mafia. I'd rather gather information about the people here that are present now as it certainly is not only a lot more helpful to me, but the threadstate in general.
In post 64, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 60, Meuh wrote:
In post 55, MegAzumarill wrote:It's a personal policy to not start scumhunting till we are certain there are actually scum playing

Nothing that has happened so far has really warranted anything yet though
Well that’s the thing, us discussing is how we create things we can then discuss and read each other off of. I don’t think we should start wagons until all have spoken, but there’s no reason not to throw in some smaller scale reads and create the basic playing field we need to obtain to become productive as a town :oops:
I agree it's probably objectively bad for town but as a player I typically do 1 of 2 things.

1 Form reads slowly but have confidence in them
2 Jump on someone that I think is scummy early and death tunnel them forever (ask Greeting)

More interestingly I would like to know why Greeting/Cape think my behavior is AI.
- At least 1 scum has spoken by this point and that is a fact. And that last line scares me and justifies my vote on you, thanks!
Now addressing over here, well, it's okay I suppose, just feels like you have hopped around trying to figure that out this game. Why wouldn't your behavior be AI? Most of the things you have said just feel very easily fakeable like and .

----------------

Now about , I just kinda agree with the responses StrangeMatter and Meg made which I suppose also answers why I think it is counter intuitive. Though I am not sure I agree with Meg's point on inactive players needing to be pressured if the active players are acting town, unless we are talking later in the game.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 137, Prism wrote:Right now, this is where I am at:

Happy to vote pile: ProHawk, MegAzumarill, StrangeMatter
Willing to vote pile: Meuh, AsusStuckey by default
Not really willing to vote: Greeting, Cape90
Not voting: marcistar
You have not even really talked about me, walk me through why you aren't really willing to vote me
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 138, MegAzumarill wrote:I thought it was pretty well established the wagon on Greeting is because their content feels manufactured.
I agreed and asked for elaboration and didn't like their response. In fact I think some of their recent posting indicates scum.
manufactured from what?
Do you think they are being coached?
Or do you think they are just speaking words they themselves don't believe? Or to look busy?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 89, marcistar wrote:"you all" it was just me suggesting it LO
I mean, you were trying to get Greeting in on the action
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 125, ProHawk wrote:
In post 123, Greeting wrote:Something
really weird
is happening with my wagon tbf. I already stated my intentions when it comes to MegAzumarill and promised that I would explain what I'm doing. It seems like in the meantime the game has drifted towards me and I don't even know how to defend myself, because I don't know why am I suddenly the leading wagon. :dead:
What do you feel is strange about your wagon?
Scum led or town led?
As long as we are talking about faking content, there is this.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Cape90 »

Last time I have seen someone so worried about E-2/E-1 etc., They have always been town, never seen scum get so caught up in all that. There is a logic problem that lies within worrying about scum taking advantage of an E-1 state as, why would mafia hammer early on a villager who is at E-1 in early game? This only serves to make said scum in question look worse the following day.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 180, Greeting wrote:
In post 171, Prism wrote: That said, the MafiaScum wiki has some great articles that have kind of stood the test of time. I'm partial to this one.
Wow, this article is a real eye-opener as to how players on MafiaScum operate and behave. I guess it explains quite a lot. I’ve obviously played mafia several times before joining this site and I knew the general strategies, which I applied in my own way. I had no idea that people use this as a suggested point system and then act upon it.
Alright locking Greeting as town.

Have a nice day
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 184, ProHawk wrote:
In post 155, Cape90 wrote:
In post 125, ProHawk wrote:
In post 123, Greeting wrote:Something
really weird
is happening with my wagon tbf. I already stated my intentions when it comes to MegAzumarill and promised that I would explain what I'm doing. It seems like in the meantime the game has drifted towards me and I don't even know how to defend myself, because I don't know why am I suddenly the leading wagon. :dead:
What do you feel is strange about your wagon?
Scum led or town led?
As long as we are talking about faking content, there is this.
What's fake about this?
Just seems like you are asking a random question without really thinking or trying to see perspective for yourself. I don't see depth in your content in general this game.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Cape90 »

Quoting isn't working good on mobile :( :(

This post is a response to Mueh's wall.
-My bad on you are right. Not sure where I previously misrepresented events, but yeah you are right.
-I thought it was pretty clear the difference my criticism of and what I was criticizing ProHawk for. I literally ask all of the possible answers that I feel like Meg could answer my answer with while it feels like Pro didn't put much thought into his question.
-Maybe "faking content" was the wrong wording but idk what else to call it.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 210, Prism wrote:That links to a hidden topic. It is properly formatted for a copy paste (the post number is doubled in the link) and unlikely to be a simple typo.

VOTE: Greeting

I don't see another avenue forward here. Sorry.
That explains why I was so confused when I tried checking Greetings' link to something like 113 or 111 or whatever it was and it said I was not authorized to go there :lol: .

If Greeting wasn't town for what I pointed out (actually that was mostly for reactions, which I never ended up getting besides a townread by Mueh), I think greeting is town based on their case on marcistar even if I'm not exactly on board. They handled getting off Meg in a towny way IMO.
I think I believe him on the PT to take notes thing.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 216, Cape90 wrote:
In post 210, Prism wrote:That links to a hidden topic. It is properly formatted for a copy paste (the post number is doubled in the link) and unlikely to be a simple typo.

I don't see another avenue forward here. Sorry.
That explains why I was so confused when I tried checking Greetings' link to something like 113 or 111 or whatever it was and it said I was not authorized to go there :lol: .

If Greeting wasn't town for what I pointed out (actually that was mostly for reactions, which I never ended up getting besides a townread by Mueh), I think greeting is town based on their case on marcistar even if I'm not exactly on board. They handled getting off Meg in a towny way IMO.
I think I believe him on the PT to take notes thing.
EBWOP: it was post I tried to check from Greeting, but I couldn't
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 233, Meuh wrote:
In post 224, Greeting wrote:
Meuh

I'm always suspicious of joke play which is exhibited in posts like ,
But posts like scream genuine newbie on the other hand.
Posts and about me are justified and are a townread in my mind. It's actually the only player who said something somewhat reasonable about me possibly being scum before my accidental PT reveal.
I feel like she's trying to be cute with posts like , , , which is well... cute, but also a bit scummy. Making oneself look cute and vulnerable is a scum strategy I'd personally support and approve if I were scum.
I started seriously questioning her motives in and . In retrospect, it seems to me like she was trying to put pressure on me, but I don't see the result exhibited. It's also inconsistent with her later reads ().
The reads post was good. I think it's a job well done and this landed her a soft townlean for now. ()
I genuinely just did a full 180 degrees on you after the ISO, the inconsistency between and the rest of my content is because my mind just changed. After my initial suspicions of you, I hadn't actually reevaluated the posts I didn't like with the justification you dropped.
The colours in and are cute ig which is something I was looking for because I like having my posts be aesthetically pleasing, but it's also that I wanted to make it clear what parts of people's posts I was responding to. Other posts have been hard to follow to me like Cape's , and I wanted to avoid that. I can provide examples of me making my posts cute in past games if you want to :lol:

Not sure how to feel about the whole Greeting private thread thing. It's definitely something, I'd feel like shit for voting him over it though :cry:
Apologies for 37, I wrote it on phone which is why it's a bit condeluded to follow along with with.

UNVOTE: MegAzumarill

Should have done this a while ago, will explain more later, but they have been trending up for me kind of recently.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 220, Prism wrote:Thanks for answer. Unfortunately I think we've reached the end of the road on discussing this one.

I don't believe it and it's a matter of votes and whether the other players have questions and agree/disagree.
In post 223, Prism wrote:Whether it's a scum PT or a notes PT, it happens, it's okay and don't beat yourself up over it too much.

It is a mistake to link to either but any hypothetical wrong conclusions drawn from it are the fault of the voting player, which would be me.
In post 240, Prism wrote:The implication is that it is most likely a scum PT. They provided the explanation that it is a notes PT. I find the scum PT more likely.
It feels like you handled Greeting with kids gloves then double downed on your take about the scum PT later on. Your treatment of Greeting is kinda giving me a bad feeling... If it wasn't for your subsequent vote on MegAzumarill, now I'm not sure what to think.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Cape90 »

To add to my point, I don't think 240 was your original take either as you didn't seem aware of the optional PT for note taking.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 108, ProHawk wrote:So fair warning, I'm phone posting this whole weekend so don't expect a lot of quoting and long posts going on because it's well difficult.

After reading and trying to digest a bit after a long day I've come to get some initial gutish reads.

I like merci and muah as town based on good posts that have a town feel of scum hunting in general. I have a feeling that Prism is town but am weirded out by the post in which she votes me almost like as if she needs to vote me to have me answer a question. I had gotten some scummy vibes from the questions that Greeting had initially put out like they were questions for the sake of questions without any follow up.

The rest of you I still need to sort, also for those of you who are more experienced, keep in mind the players who are actually new to Mafia in general and not overwhelm the thread in intense discussion.

Yeah so anyway, since this is the most that ProHawk has provided in terms of content so far.

This vote just seems like a vote to just go with thread consensus at the time.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Maybe this thought I just got is based around too many hypotheticals, but I feel like Asu would be coached in mafia chat about how to play, what to say to the thread, etc. But instead from Asu, there is no real content/Asu asking what stuff means in thread, which I would expect a new mafia player ask directly to someone else on their team in private. If this makes sense.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 108, ProHawk wrote:So fair warning, I'm phone posting this whole weekend so don't expect a lot of quoting and long posts going on because it's well difficult.

After reading and trying to digest a bit after a long day I've come to get some initial gutish reads.

I like merci and muah as town based on good posts that have a town feel of scum hunting in general. I have a feeling that Prism is town but am weirded out by the post in which she votes me almost like as if she needs to vote me to have me answer a question. I had gotten some scummy vibes from the questions that Greeting had initially put out like they were questions for the sake of questions without any follow up.

The rest of you I still need to sort, also for those of you who are more experienced, keep in mind the players who are actually new to Mafia in general and not overwhelm the thread in intense discussion.

In post 261, ProHawk wrote:Real quick, initial impressions are that Greeting doesn't feel like opportunistic scum for vote hopping to marci who is generally town-read in the thread.

Probably going to take a peek at Prism, getting scum-vibes there ATM.
I have a feeling this is towny

UNVOTE: ProHawk
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 270, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 259, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 400, StrangeMatter wrote:I think this should be brought up. I noticed this but if Illwei has a mafia partner, they're either intentionally not helping them, or they don't have a partner at all.
Never mind I'm just bad, but I had assumed the 3rd option when it was actually the 2nd here.

I'm wondering though. I get the idea of things being faked and not being really original, but I don't get the "what" that's faked. Because right now I feel like there's a really large spectrum of things that can be faked.
Can you please answer this @Cape90?
You are quoting a post from another game, I do not copy.

If you are talking about , yeah I kinda agree, a lightbulb in my head went off when I said that, I wanted to make sure I wasn't being mistaken.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 271, Cape90 wrote:
In post 270, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 259, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 400, StrangeMatter wrote:I think this should be brought up. I noticed this but if Illwei has a mafia partner, they're either intentionally not helping them, or they don't have a partner at all.
Never mind I'm just bad, but I had assumed the 3rd option when it was actually the 2nd here.

I'm wondering though. I get the idea of things being faked and not being really original, but I don't get the "what" that's faked. Because right now I feel like there's a really large spectrum of things that can be faked.
Can you please answer this @Cape90?
You are quoting a post from another game, I do not copy.

If you are talking about , yeah I kinda agree, a lightbulb in my head went off when I said that, I wanted to make sure I wasn't being mistaken.
Whenever I had said that something is "faked" I believe it is just content that mafia could easily spew out without thinking too hard, which, yeah isn't exactly "faked" in a literal sense. expresses my doubt in my wording.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 272, StrangeMatter wrote:but I don't get the "what" that's faked
in terms of it is more of me accusing Prohawk's thoughts being faked. It is just a weird question to ask so it feels like ProHawk was just throwing it out there just because. I don't think the answer to the question is super relevant at that very early stage of the game. The counterpoint to that could be ProHawk was looking for Greeting to say "yeah I think the wagon on me is scum driven" as I could see that as a scum tell?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 257, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 252, Cape90 wrote:Maybe this thought I just got is based around too many hypotheticals, but I feel like Asu would be coached in mafia chat about how to play, what to say to the thread, etc. But instead from Asu, there is no real content/Asu asking what stuff means in thread, which I would expect a new mafia player ask directly to someone else on their team in private. If this makes sense.
Personally, I've tried doing this exact play as town (I actually learned about it from someone playing scum in Newbie 2076 so right now after failing I'm taking it with a grain of salt since they had already known who was town) where I assumed wrong that they didn't have a partner, just that their partner actually didn't really help them much and they escaped under the radar. Personally, though I still think it's possible that scum can just not help each other, though honestly I don't have enough data to really confirm this or not.
oh yeah this is why I thought my argument was "based on too many hypotheticals" since that is obviously a possibility too, it is also possible that they are faking being new, also possible they got told to ask those questions in the thread regardless.
Which if the ladder is the case, that opens up a whole can of worms like from Meg and from Greeting, they both help out Azu after his post so if Azu is mafia in this scenario, are both of them town? Did one of them plan to answer.
Yeah so I don't think it is really worth wasting time on thinking about.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 297, ProHawk wrote:
In post 183, Cape90 wrote:
In post 180, Greeting wrote:
In post 171, Prism wrote: That said, the MafiaScum wiki has some great articles that have kind of stood the test of time. I'm partial to this one.
Wow, this article is a real eye-opener as to how players on MafiaScum operate and behave. I guess it explains quite a lot. I’ve obviously played mafia several times before joining this site and I knew the general strategies, which I applied in my own way. I had no idea that people use this as a suggested point system and then act upon it.
Alright locking Greeting as town.

Have a nice day
Is this locking town thing a joke around here? I can't fathom any town-player locking anyone down as town aside from IC, or flipped-seer-confirmed.

Is locktown = conftown?
Locktown is conftown yes. I didn't say the locktown thing as a joke but more of an experimental reaction test.
I wanted to see how other people reacted to the statement when I made it.
In post 188, Meuh wrote:183 I also like, can't see scum post that, really.
This is how another slot reacted to the same statement, a person who I think is quite towny especially for the stark read change on Greeting early game vs now. , where the suspicion begins... then they flat out call Greeting town in backed up by a bunch of logs. Also it makes their look pretty decent since they actually... did reevaluate.

Going back to , I don't townread the post as much as I let on, but it is something odd to point out as mafia. I
feel
like mafia wouldn't comment on it if they saw and read the article. Even if it is a poinltess comment to make.

I feel like the slot has been getting treated the strangest out of literally everyone here. I literally said Prism was handing Greeting with
kid gloves
while they were talking to Greeting, I also feel like Meg has been a bit strange around the slot, though I will admit I do kind of like where they pointed out a quote from Greeting's town game and they said it was different then how they are here, that's one of the reasons I unvoted Meg. But I have a stronger townread on those who think Greeting is town. Even you ProHawk said yourself that Prism was suspicious.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 347, marcistar wrote:
In post 336, ProHawk wrote:Did you see Prisms reaction to my post? Rofl
i think prisms frustrated

and i think its reasonable here for her to be
(when shes kinda explained the meta stuff before).
even if her "trajectory on you is odd", odd doesn't always mean scummy. > i don't even find her progression on you odd, you haven't been giving as much content as some of the other people, and for what you said in the bottom of this post, its not wrong to "vote park" if you're not getting what you want,
i know sometimes i tunnel people if im not satisfied with what they give me.
and then im not quite too sure what that thing in ur post was abt the quickshifting.

as a whole felt icky from you.
and i think you haven't been helpful for town.
and i think ur too focused on urself, instead of scumhunting.

i really do think it would be easier to read you if you at least tried to give reads, like i know ur capable of doing it.
:cry:
I can't necessarily explain it well, but for some reason I don't really like this post all too well. Like it seems you are commentating/sidelining on all of this. And the tone in all of the parts of the post I quoted, something feels off here.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 366, marcistar wrote:
In post 354, Cape90 wrote:I can't necessarily explain it well, but for some reason I don't really like this post all too well. Like it seems you are commentating/sidelining on all of this. And the tone in all of the parts of the post I quoted, something feels off here.
how am i sidelineing when i voted..? isn't that taking a clear stance on the situation..? :P
tone feels off in a scummy way..? or just off..? :P
1. Sidelining isn't the right wording, sorry it was midnight after work. I would describe it as more randomly interjecting yourself into a situation that I felt was slightly awkward.
-Never said I disagreed with what you were saying/your stance though.
-Not sure if it was like, in a scummy way as I am usually just kind of bad at reading things like that. I put it out there to see if I got more opinions on my post and the only other response I got sided with you so
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 95, StrangeMatter wrote:I feel like it’s a weird paranoia to be worrying about both scum hammering on day 1 and outing themselves. Kind of want to know where you base this paranoia Greeting.
I am a little confused here.
Wouldn't this be a good thing that we shouldn't be paranoid about? Is that what you are saying?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 380, MegAzumarill wrote:The prism/prohawk argument I have feelings on but wish not to say until after Asus Replacement comments on the matter
Why is this exactly? What is the use of holding thoughts?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 172, MegAzumarill wrote:Meuh is an interesting case, I don't think they are S/S (scum partners) with greeting. I could see town!meuh and scum!greeting or vice versa. I'd like to hear more from the slot and don't want to lim them today.

This leaves a pool of AzuStuckey, greeting, Prohawk lims for today.
So Mueh was not in your pool here why exactly?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Alright I am going to be the first to say, I don't think the Prism/ProHawk thing is V/V. Wild assumption I know.
I dislike Prism's hyperfixation on ProHawk.
I dislike ProHawk's trying to steer away from Prism (this is specifically onto StrangeMatter).
I don't think Prism's hyper defensiveness is AI.
GtH there the mafia there is ProHawk and not Prism. But I will get my head together on everyone tomorrow, I hope to have a formed opinion on the new slot, though I think they look very mildly wolfy. I am busy today and will have comprehensive thoughts tomorrow
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 467, marcistar wrote:
In post 465, Cape90 wrote:GtH there the mafia there is ProHawk and not Prism.
can u tell me what "GtH" means please? :D

i don't
dislike
prohawks read on strangematter, but imo it felt a bit like i had to ask for it yknow..? :dead:
In post 468, ProHawk wrote:Gun to
the
head?
^
In post 470, ProHawk wrote:
In post 465, Cape90 wrote:I dislike ProHawk's trying to steer away from Prism (this is specifically onto StrangeMatter)
I would love to hear more about this, specifically why Scum-ProHawk would do such a thing as opposed to tunnel on Prism like she's going to be doing on me the rest of the game...
Considering this seems a bit strange not to just go with Prism. I think why ProHawk scum would do such a thing would be to push on somebody who they think it would be easier to push on, or to appear as town in this situation. I think my read is a little strange because I have suspicion on Prism for almost the opposite reason.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Spoiler:
StrangeMatter - I agree with the second part of . nervousness is a scum tell I guess, personally, I don't think it is very strong.
I can see that, I feel like it is a very easy read to make though.
well, shouldn't you consider it a scumtell then?
I didn't realize Strange also responded to Asu but they did in .
is an interesting thought.
feels a bit towny.
I think is a fair response to my concern. I kind of like the defensiveness in .
IDK I feel like Strange's tone in some of these posts like and the constant way they seem to correct themselves is town-indicitive.
Yeah I agree with I rarely see town quickhammers unless the town decides to self-vote but even then.

Mueh - I actually like this post, though early on it does seem like an odd read to make. Honestly, I don't really have a lot of feelings on the beginning posts of Meuh that much besides which I have already talked about.
is an alright suspicion on Greeting. I like as it is a response to a fairly decent sized post and it is easy to follow along with.
the pink part is towny tbh and probably indicates Mueh not w/w with marcistar.
Post is a bit strange and the first sentence feels hedgy in a sort of way. Of course there is the whole readslist thing which I think is fine. I like .
is a little :/ and I don't know why I feel that way.
I actually kind of agree with here to where I feel like Strange probably has the widest scum possible partnership out of anyone here. I have a slight feeling they are town which makes me wonder about possible distancing going on between the wolves right now.
If scum!ProHawk saw this post, this actually might explain why scum ProHawk would distance themselves from trying to attack Prism and go onto StrangeMatter
yeah I feel like in general, meta is relied on a bit too much, but it can be useful.
I guess is completely possible too.

Greeting - A lot of Greeting's entry posts are NAI. and are both indeed a bit strange, but riddle me this, why would scum even have this paranoia in the first place?
What is up with testing stuff, what do you mean by that?
I was about to say this makes no sense, but it actually makes perfect sense, only way I could see it is if mafia decided to bus there, you know what is strange by Meuh.
I like the train of thought on Meg in . I don't think I need to reiterate anything on at this point.
screams of a town push despite there being the whole PT debacle.
I like as well. Look if the whole Private thread thing was actually a scumslip, they are doing really well wolfing tbh and I will vote them 10/10 times in every game in the future I play with Greeting just out of paranoia.
I like Greeting's efforts on Strange/ProHawk on & .
is decent.
This is probably my strongest townread.

Cabd - ehhhh. did you read my post? I said I think one of them is mafia and the other isn't.

ProHawk - Why in have we already escaped the random voting scene, there were still some random votes being thrown around.
Nothing really takes me until which I mildly thought was scummy but, eh not really, and it has been already discussed.
is fair.
classic lol defense.
Well you put out a sort of actual readslist later. Insecure?
you would flip yourself over Marci???
I will have to do some digging later on about ProHawk's town games, not sure where I could find one but it does seem to be his major point in defense.
Why are you talking about marcistar in ? Like what is the context there?
I am not really buying a lot of ProHawk's rebuttal against Prism.
I could agree with this EXCEPT in cases where it is ELO where town has no wiggle room, then OTT defense is not alignment indicitive.
this post is odd but I kinda like the random inclusion of timestamps.
I could see where the suspicion on me is coming from, I have not been really
here
as much as I should have been, I usually am more active especially day 1.

Prism - Had an okay opener, also explained they had some meta on marcistar and they said marci is a townlean in .
intuitive? Didn't you link that article that was talking about scum behaviors and you being partial to that? Like you know... THIS POST ,
you know, from the article that literally says that nervousness
oh nvm the article says nothing about that...
hmm.
I kind of like about Greeting here.
Okay but this shouldn't be the end all be all.
Oh lord this progression, especially 220... 220 feels too... formal, you know? Oh no I just saw
Whether it's a scum PT or a notes PT,
it happens, it's okay and don't beat yourself up over it too much.

It is a mistake to link to either
but any hypothetical wrong conclusions drawn from it are the fault of the voting player, which would be me.

just like, the entire red section here is just... man you aren't making this decision between you/ProHawk for me EZ and fwiw Strange is town sooo.
And then you go back to normal and make decent posts like .
yeah usually preflip associations more hurt then help, like sometimes I would be like "oh I think x player is paired with y player" but I usually don't like putting a lot of weight into that, I feel like finding non-associatives are important.
1. Good
2. What was Strange's vote?
3. Yeah Pro did kinda not give concrete stuff, I don't really think I did either, but my early game was way better then my game right now, sorry about that.
A lot of meta stuff in .
, yeah those posts from Pro aren't so great. You know, you might be town Prism. seems like a pretty unassuming post about "hey why haven't you looked at my previous town games" post but it makes you "mald"?
ahah okay fine you can be town Prism.
IMO you should have voted ago.
is a part of the reason I said I didn't think Prism/ProHawk were T/T.
I think Prism is really town despite the way the whole Greeting thing went down. It felt oddly diplomatic, you know.

marcistar - Despite it being about me is still the towniest early post change my mind.
would mafia use this argument? IDK.
I like the way marci formats her stuff.
Then there is this post that I am making which is sure to be a complete mess.
In post 47, marcistar wrote:In post 45, Greeting wrote:

I love this song!
UNVOTE: AsuStuckey

what do you love so much abt it that made you unvote?
Sorry about the formatting, but does this question matter?
I like the prods on Asu in and .
Hmm, marci's posts themselves are fine but they seem to lack... something sometimes, you know. And even with something more lengthy like , I had my own issues with the post when it came to the way things were said here.
I like marci's tone most of the time with her posts. My assumption would be if ProHawk is town, then marci is scum. I will have to do a metadive later.

MegAzumarill - Woo! Yeah! I made it! Okay :shifty:
I still don't really see this logic here. The game can start.
& :?: :shifty: this is my life now, I have grown too tired to not just emoji this... k fine. I don't like these 2 posts like, right next to each other because like, it appears that MegAzumarill has like, you know, started scumhunting in . It feels inconsistent.
a lot of people have been pointing out without refrencing this post too, that concerns me. With the trajectory that Meg seemed to be going, I was expecting a vote on StrangeMatter.
Kinda like as it shows a thought process.
I like too.
I am not sure how to feel about this progression here.
"oof discussion" and Greeting is still scum to you all smh.
Okay I actually have the other 2 games that Greeting was town in and up. Night and day eh? I will be the judge of that, probably after dinner, but you know.
I think, Meg is fine I suppose.

Greeting
Mueh
Prism

StrangeMatter

MegAzumarill
marcistar

Cabd

ProHawk
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Cape90 »

I have decided, this is the best course of action

editing the obvious vote into a proper format due to the vote counter being weird ~D
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 397, Greeting wrote:
In post 395, hops wrote:If we're in a setup with a JK, then whoever JK had roleblocked is basically confirmed town, right?
We have two town power roles and a Mafia Goon who now submits the night kill alone.

If we have a JK and they use their powers on Night Two, the possible outcomes are:
1. if they pick a Vanilla Townie, they will receive the info that "x" is Vanilla, which basically confirms that this person is a Vanilla Townie;
2. if they pick the other Power Role, I think that person's role will be blocked and they will receive info that the role block was a success;
3. if they pick the Mafia Goon, their NK should be blocked and they will receive info that the role block was a success.

It will take some deduction to differentiate between 2 and 3.

If they successfully role blocked the Mafia Goon, there will be no NK. If they role block the other town PR, there (most likely) will be a NK.

I don't know what the JK receives if they target a player who does have a power role but didn't utilise it on that Night. Technically there is also a possibility that a Mafia Goon skips a NK even though that's clearly in not their interest. In my last game, N2078, the power roles weren't used every night.
In post 398, Greeting wrote:
In post 396, hops wrote:Also, I still don't follow what advantage town gets from knowing the setup. Right now scum can't know the setup yet, while the PRs would have more information on the setup, even exactly in the event that said PR is a JK or a doctor. I'm not sure why we'd want to nullify that.
Since Not_Mafia was a Rolecop, we have the following possibilities:

1. Town Tracker and Town Friendly Neighbor
2. Town Jailkeeper and Town Friendly Neighbor
3. Town Tracker and Town Doctor

Each of the players who have one of these four roles can narrow this down.

If there is a Doctor in the game, they will know that the other power role is a Tracker.
If there is a JK in the game, they will know that the other power role is a FN.
The Tracker will know that there is either a FN or a Doctor, and so there is no JK in the game.
The FN will know that there is either a Tracker or a JK, and so there is no Doctor in the game.

That is, of course, discounting the potential usage of power roles during the Night Phase. It's likely that at least one clever player already knows the setup of the game, but it's not 100% certain.
Hmm... have not seen posts like this from Greeting this game, I am not sold on them being scum, but there certainly are noticeable differences like this + the lack of GIFs this game.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Cape90 »

What I find a bit odd is how Greeting in his previous games seemed to be so cautious about the whole E-2 E-1 thing although in their prior town games, they acknowledge it and don't seem all that fazed by the concept.
In post 161, Greeting wrote:
In post 147, UhUhWaitAndSee wrote:
In post 143, Greeting wrote:I wonder what the reactions will be when I flip town, which I am. :lol:
Comes off a little strange. Why the comment so far from elimination?
Five votes are needed to vote someone out. I am at four atm.

In post 216, Greeting wrote:Is TL at E-1 now? You’d better elaborate fast then.

Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 7, Cape90 wrote:Hello everyone! I am hoping to have a nice game :D
I am about to make a pro move
In post 53, Cape90 wrote:Funny how you all are suggesting MegAzumarill when I was thinking the same thing. Just feels like they have been putting off doing anything useful this game at all and are using as a sort of cover (even if this isn't the case, I still dislike this post).

In post 251, Cape90 wrote:

Yeah so anyway, since this is the most that ProHawk has provided in terms of content so far.

This vote just seems like a vote to just go with thread consensus at the time.
lack of voting

this is usually more then i vote in a day honestly
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 527, Cabd wrote:yes Cape, I did read your post. I am asking you WHY you got to "it must be TvS", or in other words, why did you rule out T-T?

Meuh, you worry me not because of voting me, but because of the issue with townreading everyone else, by definition even if I'm scum one of your reads is completely wrong? Are you trying to do preflip associative pairings? I believe prism went into why that's a VERY bad idea in a standard game.
I was thinking after I made my readslist that maybe my assumption was not true. I found Prism more scummy before I made that and the analysis I had provided.

Well I ruled out T-T for Prism's very confident seeming posts about them and their aggressive tunnels + Prism not listening to the people that were trying to say this was T-T
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Marci slightly looks like town off of meta. I feel like they come off as opportunistic and awkward in their scum game and not this game.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:02 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 519, StrangeMatter wrote:Lmao I remembered that game completely wrong.

Cabd was eliminated, it was Illwei who went under the radar (mostly due to a bad idea I had), and I'm still looking for whoever had said that.
Oh Illwei, played with them before :). They are nice
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 499, ProHawk wrote:No, I don't vote to piss people off, people just take offence in general to being voted has been my general experience. You voting for someone calls attention to yourself, versus being a "neutral" party and staying out of fights, etc.
I feel like more scum get mad at votes vs. town. Like town may ask about why they are being voted if it isn't clear or if they think the person pushing them is mafia or they think mafia is on the wagon etc. Or if a person in particular is tunneling hard and it doesn't seem like that person is reciprocating your defense.

Okay stream of conscious says you are at least half right.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 490, ProHawk wrote:Greeting absolutely has a meta shift, unsure if that's AI though....
Imagine if the world was just this simple... Greeting & ProHawk.

Rule 1 of Cape town: I always townread at least 1 mafia.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Cape90 »

There will be a lack of content today, sorry. Black Friday here...

I encourage the people here to read through my much ignored wall before I made my readslist. It's in the same post
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #49) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 510, Cabd wrote:Next few pages:

147 from Cape yeah I'm good binning this as town.
Ah yes, the patented "I am trickier than you think stop reading me for lazy yomi level one reasons" from Prism. Wouldn't be a Prism game without at least one.
I like the effort from Meuh but am hesitant to grant townpoints for effort given the infamous string and corkboard, or titus notebook things.
Aaaaaand both Prism and Meuh talked about this cool, cool.

Oh fuck notes PT tea. :/
And they're correct, it's in the mod's rules set:
In post 1, Datisi wrote:~ let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. you may draft posts in your notes pt if the posts are clearly meant to be posted in the main thread. you may talk about your notes pt. you may not directly quote from your notes pt, and you may not use it to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.

Okay I like the reads wall from Greeting quite a bit and it ~MOSTLY~ matches where I am at the same point in time?

Interesting that marci directs a quesiton at Asu specifically about the reads.

Greeting 254... Yeah okay not sure about the notes vs scum pt thing because in a vacuum without this albatross hanging over everything I'd be townbinning Greeting here.
I actually find quite scummy & LAMIST. What is so towny about it?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #50) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Yes I am referring to myself in that last post. Hindsight can really make you think. I know for a fact I haven't been ultra towny this game and yet Cabd and Greeting seem to think so. Unless both wolves really wanted to pocket me by putting me as both of their top town, I find Cabd/Greeting probably not mafia together.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #51) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 587, marcistar wrote::shifty: is cabd scum..?
This is a post
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #52) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 592, ProHawk wrote:
In post 588, Cape90 wrote:
In post 587, marcistar wrote::shifty: is cabd scum..?
This is a post
I am concerned at the low post count from Marci despite me sidelining her essentially based on her early posting.
I'm a little more concerned about not knowing Marci's opinion on Cabd based on this post
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (isolation #53) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Cape90 »

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=82899 this should be a ProHawk town game.

Survey says ProHawk is mafia
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 598, ProHawk wrote:Let me post a link to a game and then claim scum. Cool story bro.
Anyway

This alone warrants a hammer. I mean when I got to my stupid laptop I was going to elaborate more and stuff.

Maybe I don't even need too

:cop:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #55) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 605, Cabd wrote:I mean that's not entirely how I feel but I'm also aware time is tight.

I think maybe I'm not good enough when I fail to spot something from outside the fog of war. A better player could have done that. Instead the universe got me.

Sorry prism. I know you take every game much more seriously than I do and I feel like I've let you down now ;(
Okay

What is your plan for the remainder of the time. You got your reads out there, why not just hammer? What else do you want to accomplish by frankly wasting time not hammering scum who responded poorly to both me and Prism?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (isolation #56) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by Cape90 »

ProHawk's Town Game: Newbie 2002

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=82899 - I don't know how to make hyperlinks so here is the link to the thread.

Spoiler:

This is directly taken from the town game I linked. There are some similarities in the beginning like how ProHawk asks for mafia experience and all that. Hmm but where did all of this energy come from? I look at this game and I am like... ProHawk seemed to be fairly natural in the town game and this game it just seems... lacking.

Spoiler:

You know, this reminds me of . However this feels like night and day, the wall that I posted images of from Hawk's Town Newbie game is a much better wall then the one in 302 which literally omits context when the context itself would have extinguished the worries that ProHawk had about the trajectory onto him. (Yes yes I am aware the wall I called good is a wall tunneling on the town doctor).

Spoiler:

A whole other wall on Deimos.

Spoiler:

ProHawk is way more lax about getting suspicion on his slot here then he is this game.

Spoiler:

A readslist unlike anything ProHawk has made this game ( is ProHawk's list this game). Might be completely NAI but I am noting it.

Anyway feel free to check out the game for yourself, Hawk dies after day 1 going into day 2 by night kill.

correcting a typo that broke half the post ~D
Last edited by Datisi on Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #57) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Cape90 »

???

I swear I didn't do anything differently from the other 2 spoilers. Why are links that lead to nothing popping up?

I feel like a boomer right now trying to figure this out
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #58) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Cape90 »

IDK if I will be here for EoD, I think it's at like 4am for me
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #59) » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 637, StrangeMatter wrote:Actually I don't like when looking through Cabd's ISO a lot more closely. It's the type of post I expect scum to use as a way to sow some doubt if you ask me.
I suppose. I said the wild assumption thing as sarcasm instead of something to be taken at face value.
I mean, there were those dismissing the interaction as TvT, but I actually don't think it was an absurd assumption to not think that.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Mafia going for the obvious kill boo!
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Cape90 »

From where I stand, the ProHawk wagon looks pretty pure
Though it would be the wildest thing if the scumteam was Pro/Marci now huh. I'm tempted to jump the gun and say if ProHawk is town, then Marci probably has a good shot at being mafia
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Cape90 »

We either have cop or tracker left.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 705, ProHawk wrote:There is also the theory that I killed Prism in order to avoid that headache today, which is a completely valid hypothesis and would have absolutely considered it if I had been scum.

However, that would have made my fight more difficult today and not necessarily less as I would have to defend myself from that position, and well I will miss the back and forth with Prism even if it did get a bit heated, no hard feelings there at least on my end.
I think most of us have considered both those sides of the argument there
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #64) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Cape90 »

Apologies I am here at work, I will be more available to give thoughts tomorrow. Work has drained me.

Most likely pairing to me is probably meg/hawk though I will have to take a closer look at the options when I actually get the time
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #65) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 747, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 746, ProHawk wrote:Let's not stall out here.
Let's get a general consensus with 2-3 IRL days on the calendar and not run down to the wire in case we need to make a change in decision *last mintue*

I have seen a lot of people throwing out StrangeMatter on their list of mafia candidates, why isn't there more of a push here?
Why do you keep trying to throw shade (that's what it feels like) onto people?
Because he knows your town and with this shade he is throwing at you, he believes that he can start a misvote on you through this message.

Oh I mean, if ProHawk is mafia that is :p
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #66) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Cape90 »

the whole titus thing with prohawk and greeting is pretty clearly to me a whole lotta talk about a whole lotta nothing.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #67) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 736, Greeting wrote:I don’t think what
MegAzumarill
is doing is opportunistic at all, it’s a deliberate plan which involves killing one dangerous slot (
Prism
) and selectively using their reads to implicate another (myself).
is this not at least sore of oppurtunistic?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (isolation #68) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 708, ProHawk wrote:
In post 686, marcistar wrote:why wouldnt greeting let prism live another day so that she can continue tunneling prohawk..? :yawn:
do u think prohawk x greeting or..?
This is why Cape is strong town for me... you on the other hand are pushing the issue which doesn't make you look so good.
Hm.

I mean I guess. I still don't like you not really super acknowledging the whole meta argument I made against you, you mostly just were like, "oh I missed the thing at the time. Oh well, how rough for cape, can't backtrack and say anything about it now."
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #69) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 732, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 730, ProHawk wrote:Talk to me about Greeting, I am getting a lot of newb town feels from that slot.

I'm open to a marci elimination though.
I swear I've spent half the game casing that slot.

Just do me a favor.
Read this

viewtopic.php?t=87906&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

And I swear you won't be able to tell me it's the same Greeting.

It is night and day
I mean, I just see more sass in that game then here I suppose
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (isolation #70) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Cape90 »

okay Meg is town (upon evaluation today)
mueh town

gut tells me
Greeting town

leaving
prohawk
strange
marci

prohawk and marci aren't scumpaired

VOTE: StrangeMatter

leaving this by POE.

Now I will logdive and see if I stand incorrect, I don't think anybody really brought up too much in terms of meta of StrangeMatter
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #71) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 835, marcistar wrote:
In post 829, MegAzumarill wrote:Prohawk can be town if its just marcistar and Greeting.
Marci's play today feels s/s with Greeting although I'm not for sure about it.
bestie pressed about being attacked :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
Attacking a pokemon I think is town

:shifty:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #72) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 833, Greeting wrote:So now
Meuh
is choosing to ignore me and go with
MegAzumarill
. It's a real shame.
So you have a reason to defend Meg like this? Look I think Meg is town but what gives here?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #73) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 810, Greeting wrote:Here's who's still alive as of now:

StrangeMatter
Meuh
Cape90
Greeting
ProHawk
marcistar
MegAzumarill

Meuh
and
Cape90
are almost universally townread.

Which leaves:
StrangeMatter
Greeting
ProHawk
marcistar
MegAzumarill

I'm relatively outspoken plus there is this whole PT speculation, which explains the mafia's direction D2.
Marcistar
is ambiguous, seemed to be townread when I was pushing that slot and now apparently people are open to seeing them as my supposed scum partner. If I am correct about the earlier mentioned trio,
marcistar
is probably the reserve wagon in case the scums cannot pull mine off.

It worries me that it's hard to see the correlations amongst
MegAzumarill
ProHawk
StrangeMatter
. I mean,
ProHawk
recently has made some points, in , which, although I disagree that two days before EOD is time to exert pressure, are in general fair enough.
MegAzumarill
has said something about pairing me with them as scum, in , but it doesn't feel like real pressure to me.
StrangeMatter
's attitude towards voting this game has been difficult to say the least.

Maybe it's
MegAzumarill
/
StrangeMatter
? It seems to fit as well. But I still think it's
MegAzumarill
/
ProHawk

My vote is staying where it is now, but consider this to be my willingness to hammer either one of
ProHawk
or
StrangeMatter
if it comes to either getting at E-1.
Not like you townread them too
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (isolation #74) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Cape90 »

Me when Greeting is actually mafia this game and I have blindly defended them the whole time. :oops: :oops:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (isolation #75) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Cape90 »

Limming an uncced cop claim?

Come tf on man I should lim Mueh too for that

removing the bold tags from the vote so that the vote counter registers it correctly ~D
Last edited by Datisi on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (isolation #76) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 900, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 897, MegAzumarill wrote:Or did you leave and hope that the rapidly shrinking deadline would lead to a no lim?
Oh please, it was early in the morning when I don't post nearly as much (for personal reasons, and Mafia is taxing honestly), that was my reaction to waking up and realizing that Greeting was at E-1 as an uncounterclaimed Cop claim.

Solve is you + ProHawk but right now I'm leaning towards you right now when I reread this game.
True, sorry for voting you there. It's pretty obviously Meg
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (isolation #77) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 889, MegAzumarill wrote:Enormous apology to Greeting though, feel free to yell at me about it post game.

I think we should eliminate Strangematter today.

I think the scumteam is cape/strange,
I had thought Cape was the cop before because they were acting at the start of d2 like they knew strangematter's alignment.
Okay? You didn't vote StrangeMatter then why? Because you are scum? Okay, sorry I apologize for calling you town. If you are town, teaching moment, it seems impossible and everyone in their right mind should insta lim you.
In post 891, MegAzumarill wrote:Their they act like they think that Strange is towny, but then later.....

In post 804, Cape90 wrote:okay Meg is town (upon evaluation today)
mueh town

gut tells me
Greeting town

leaving
prohawk
strange
marci

prohawk and marci aren't scumpaired

VOTE: StrangeMatter

leaving this by POE.

Now I will logdive and see if I stand incorrect, I don't think anybody really brought up too much in terms of meta of StrangeMatter

they act like they had had them as a scumread all along, and it feels like distancing since this was too late in the day for a strangematter elimination to be practical.
lol.
People can change their vote you literal scumlord
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (isolation #78) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Cape90 »

Also why was cop voting themselves? Literal antitown play right there
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (isolation #79) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 871, MegAzumarill wrote:We lose a conftownie tonight either way

It's really a question of how likely is Greeting scum.
3 players would claim cop here, both scum and the cop.

It's a 66% chance of Greeting scum MINIMUM so it's just better most of the time
3 players would claim cop here

and only 1 did

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :dead: :cop: :oops: :oops:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #80) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 909, MegAzumarill wrote:My play doesn't even makes sense as scum

If I wanted to trade 1f1 with the cop I just cc
Instead you are saying I decided to try and get someone I knew was conf!town Limmed when if I failed I'm essentially outed and my team almost always autoloses.
Does that make sense to you?
It makes perfect sense LMAO. You aren't serious.
In post 912, MegAzumarill wrote:Humor me this, if Greeting was a Vanilla townie and was flipped yesterday, and the cop got nightkillled who would be limmed today?
Would it not likely be me for pushing so hard on a townie?
If so why on EARTH would I try to 1f1 with a Vanilla townie as scum. Wouldn't I not go after Greeting as hard?
What?
1. Greeting would have misplayed HARD
2.They weren't VT LMAO.
3. Mechanically you are lock scum because I didn't even realize it was 3v2 right now but it is and you aren't getting hammered.
4. You are trying too hard with literal defenses that don't make sense.

Wake up sheeple I'm not bussing
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #81) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 946, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 945, Meuh wrote:
In post 942, ProHawk wrote:So my answer was:

Scum knows that MegAzu's play was insanely scum-motivated. In scum chat: "okay let's just start the bussing train for a 3p endgame win instead of go for a win today because town is likely going to vote you off anyway."

Cape did just that, not worrying at all about the consequences if they were both town.

Which one do you want to eliminate first?
Yeah Meg was the obvious elim today, so the best play for scum is to let him be elimed and try to make his other team member look as townie as possible so they can win on day 4.
Ah yes you should definitely help me bus then.

It's actually just cape/strange but we should never elim outside of cape/me today
Pukes.

Alright anyone who doesn't think that policy eliminating you is a good idea will have a nice talk with me in post game.

Everything you are doing/saying reeks of opportunism.

That's why hanging cop then saying me/StrangeMatter is so obviously a scum play. Opportunism. Makes sense to me. Makes sense to strange if strange is town.

This is legit the most obvious choice ever and if y'all end up hanging me over obvscum over here. Never playing with y'all on MS ever again.

Greeting ROLLING in there grave
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #82) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 956, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 955, Cape90 wrote:
In post 946, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 945, Meuh wrote:

Scum knows that MegAzu's play was insanely scum-motivated. In scum chat: "okay let's just start the bussing train for a 3p endgame win instead of go for a win today because town is likely going to vote you off anyway."

Cape did just that, not worrying at all about the consequences if they were both town.

Yeah Meg was the obvious elim today, so the best play for scum is to let him be elimed and try to make his other team member look as townie as possible so they can win on day 4.
Ah yes you should definitely help me bus then.

It's actually just cape/strange but we should never elim outside of cape/me today
Pukes.

Alright anyone who doesn't think that policy eliminating you is a good idea will have a nice talk with me in post game.

Everything you are doing/saying reeks of opportunism.

That's why hanging cop then saying me/StrangeMatter is so obviously a scum play. Opportunism. Makes sense to me. Makes sense to strange if strange is town.

This is legit the most obvious choice ever and if y'all end up hanging me over obvscum over here. Never playing with y'all on MS ever again.

Greeting ROLLING in there grave

"Oh they did something scummy so it's obviously them, just vote the other person, no need to actually look into my slot"
They can look into my slot later and decide whether or not I'm bussing you.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (isolation #83) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 954, ProHawk wrote:
In post 947, Cape90 wrote:
Weren't you big on pairing teams last game day??

Who is the partner here if not you?
Probably not StrangeMatter.
Probably you
Next best guess is Mueh.
You don't think after how that EoD went that Meg is a miselim?
We will have a talk post game if you are town and believe that wholeheartedly.

You know what Mueh should have done if they are town here?

So Mueh absolutely should have put their foot down and tried getting votes off the CLAIMED cop right?

"Hey StrangeMatter, we should bandwagon on x player I want to kill, if you don't bandwagon with me, you die tomorrow". That AND "hey they claimed cop, unvote Greeting, if there is a CC, we kill the one of the cop claims and save the other one for tomorrow" that's mafia 101 like come on.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #84) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Cape90 »

One thing I don't get at all and Meg pointed themselves in a corner here, is that from their perspective, they say they thought I was cop. I'm not cop. But they are saying they thought like for sure I was cop and I knew StrangeMatter's alignment. Cool, epic, so then why wouldn't you on day 2 check that theory for yourself and vote StrangeMatter instead of the cop claim there? I dunno about you but the answer is pretty obvious to me. Continue struggling defending yourself Meg.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #85) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 962, MegAzumarill wrote:You making my boneheaded decision more boneheaded doesn't make it more likely.
They need to look at your slot today so we have a tomorrow
I'm literally confirmed mafia to you and you are confirmed mafia to me.
I was calling your slot town a day ago where is the continuity there?
Why are you telling me that I'm making a boneheaded decision when you don't need to convince me at all?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #86) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 930, ProHawk wrote:
Cabd
[5]: Meuh,
Greeting
, ProHawk, MegAzumarill, StrangeMatter [HAMMER]
ProHawk [4]:
Prism
marcistar
, Cape90,
Cabd

not voting [0]:

Greeting
[4]: ProHawk, MegAzumarill,
Greeting
, Meuh [HAMMER]
MegAzumarill [1]:
marcistar

StrangeMatter [1]: Cape90

not voting [1]: StrangeMatter
Here are the two wagons...

I can't imagine us leading an all town wagon on Greeting, his self-vote did NOT help here.
I have a hard time seeing an all town-wagon on me D1 considering my alignment, but I suppose that could be possible.

MegAzu looks real bad here, although I don't get the StrangeMatter push.
I'm doubting my Cape read based on my D1 wagon, but I don't think that's a good alternative for today.

I'm oscillating between Strange and MegAzu I think...
In post 932, Meuh wrote:
In post 902, Cape90 wrote:Limming an uncced cop claim?

removing the bold tags from the vote so that the vote counter registers it correctly ~D
Can't vote for me if you can't write my name :lol: :lol: :lol:
In post 936, ProHawk wrote:
In post 902, Cape90 wrote:Limming an uncced cop claim?

This probably means that one of the two are scum??
Okay other mafia Is ProHawk.

ProHawk already should 100% know this by this time IDK why they would post this so strangely like this if they are town, like, yes, it's given in ELO that that's the case.

Prism ROLLING right now
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (isolation #87) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Oh and sorry for misspelling your name Meuh. I have made a lot of spelling errors today during this entire day
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (isolation #88) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Meuh you were so towny up until that EOD so that's why I voted Meg there and not you
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #89) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 966, Cape90 wrote:Meuh you were so towny up until that EOD so that's why I voted Meg there and not you
Meg is SE as well so I'd assume they would know this.
They would know why what they did was literally so anti town and scummy and deserving of the death sentence.
They can't be bothered with answering why they don't vote StrangeMatter there because it doesn't fit their narrative even if I am absolutely right about that said accusation.
Ignore it and hope town besides me doesn't press on it
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #90) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 969, ProHawk wrote:Cape looks like flailing scum keeping his options open in case he makes it to 3p LYLO
This logic makes absolutely no sense the more I think about it. I don't make it to final 3 ELO in any scum world I'm living in right now unless I'm scum paired with Meg. So am I?

Well I solved the game.
Strange
Meuh

Kill the flailing mafia plz I'm not the one flailing here.
In post 970, ProHawk wrote:
In post 955, Cape90 wrote:This is legit the most obvious choice ever and if y'all end up hanging me over obvscum over here. Never playing with y'all on MS ever again.
WTF is this AtE for?
It's called I have emotions and I hate the situation of the cop being eliminated despite there being literally no counter claim. ProHawk could you answer the question I proposed to Meg, tried speaking to them myself but I suppose I have to talk to Meg's Public Relations team. Why wouldn't Meg day 2 if they thought I was cop with a red check on strange just check strange?
Don't be shy, talk it over in wolf chat and come back to me.
If you are town, why?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #91) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Greeting was my top townread and it's like. Ugh. I mean the other townies need to learn what initiative is and just step on the gas, this game is free
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (isolation #92) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 973, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 944, ProHawk wrote:
In post 933, StrangeMatter wrote:Alright, I'm back.

I'm getting this awful vibe from MegAzumarill that's just manipulative like what Greeting said. There was just a whole lot of shade thrown towards Greeting not being cop throughout a lot yesterday, which to me just reeks of another (already stated) play I've seen from scum. I'm fine with this slot going today for sure.
Who were you going to vote for yesterday?
It was MegAzu or you. I was reading I just felt like MegAzu was far more scummy when I read, looking increasingly opportunistic with their vote on Greeting. Though tbh I don’t think I have a good scumread on you in particular and reevaluating it was probably bias, which probably means I’m wrong considering another game where me and another player tunneled each other hard.
Hint: it is both of them.

Anyway unless you really think it's both me/Meuh I have at least 1 scum I am suspecting RIGHT NOW between Meg and ProHawk (who are both so obviously the mafia team to me, they outed to me today, Meg outed EOD day 2 and Meuh ignored the warning signs).
ProHawk flipped opinions of me today because it's convenient for them. Prism kill? Oh cape is town. Meanwhile today: Cape is flailing wolf even though he has a strong case on Meg while Meg has a weak case on me. Pretty obvious.
Meg has been actively ignoring my question about why Meg wouldn't flip you if they thought I was cop and got a red check on you. It's because it's a blatant lie meant to suit their narrative of pushing me today off of Greeting.

And Meuh misplayed yesterday but are town. Why? ProHawk is outing to me. Both scum are holding hammer, neither are voting me. There is no reason for either of them not to just hop on me.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (isolation #93) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 977, ProHawk wrote:Where was this gumption back in the beginning of the game Cape?
I had more time + I don't thrive with narrow POE especially since at this point I feel like I would just be circularly arguing my points anyway + finals for college + cleaning messy house for guests.

The meta post I made about you. The argument I made wasn't that you aren't playing like you usually do as town. It was that you looked like you were trying to copy it while cutting a few corners. That's the best way I could put it.

Besides, you were suspecting me day 1 despite my "gumption" and you were townreading me day 2 despite my lack of "gumption".
It's clear to me that you and Meg are putting in a focused attack on me and instead of pushing Meg you want to see if you can get a miselim on me despite you saying it's both me + Meg.

You are not consistent this game which makes you look really bad and like mafia to me, hence your "outing" to me.

Discussion is pretty pointless on my end if I'll just end up repeating myself over and over. Why wouldn't I just push strange today if I am mafia? Why Meg?

Yo town ask yourself that plz and come back to me. ProHawk knows if I was mafia in his shoes that I could have just easily pushed Strange and win. I am the one who pointed Meg out, not anyone else
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #94) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 980, Meuh wrote:
In post 972, Cape90 wrote:Greeting was my top townread and it's like. Ugh. I mean the other townies need to learn what initiative is and just step on the gas, this game is free
Rude :cry: :cry: :cry:
Also this game is definitely not free, we're at a 3v2 and while we have good leads, this is still very much a losable game :?
I wasn't trying to be rude but all that seriously shouldn't have happened how it happened yesterday :(

I agree it's not free but as for me, I solved the game. Especially when the scum's game plan is to revolve the counter wagon on me. It's convenient because the two people that had me as top town both died. I think

Like IDK if discussion is Pro Town though it might be? You and Strange have to ask me stuff. Unless the mafia team is exactly me/Strange, you should know that I am pushing on at least 1 mafia, but it's both.

ProHawk is just making very obviously wolfy and easy arguments + Meg is actively ignoring the question on why they wouldn't just push StrangeMatter if they thought I was cop. Hint: It's because they don't have an answer and they know that my logic in that question is bulletproof. They are frozen.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #95) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 979, ProHawk wrote:So here's where I am at:

Cape is trying WAY too hard here when I am pretty much sure the majority of us are leaning on a MegAzu elimination.
BTW this is what a wolfy argument looks like
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (isolation #96) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 994, Cape90 wrote:

Cape is trying WAY too hard here when I am pretty much sure the majority of us are leaning on a MegAzu elimination.
BTW this is what a wolfy argument looks like
When I have an ah ha moment, I am going to push on that ah ha moment.
I was townreading Meg not just a day ago mind y'all
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (isolation #97) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Didn't realize Meg placed a vote on me. Cool
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (isolation #98) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 978, ProHawk wrote:
In post 971, Cape90 wrote:Why wouldn't Meg day 2 if they thought I was cop with a red check on strange just check strange?
They are scum. Why are you asking me this question?
Why would my mafia partner put up this "I thought you were cop" ploy?

You know the answer I don't care about that.

I pass the question onto Meuh/Strange
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #99) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1001, Meuh wrote:
In post 991, Cape90 wrote:
In post 977, ProHawk wrote:Where was this gumption back in the beginning of the game Cape?
I had more time + I don't thrive with narrow POE especially since at this point I feel like I would just be circularly arguing my points anyway + finals for college + cleaning messy house for guests.

The meta post I made about you. The argument I made wasn't that you aren't playing like you usually do as town. It was that you looked like you were trying to copy it while cutting a few corners. That's the best way I could put it.

Besides, you were suspecting me day 1 despite my "gumption" and you were townreading me day 2 despite my lack of "gumption".
It's clear to me that you and Meg are putting in a focused attack on me and instead of pushing Meg you want to see if you can get a miselim on me despite you saying it's both me + Meg.

You are not consistent this game which makes you look really bad and like mafia to me, hence your "outing" to me.

Discussion is pretty pointless on my end if I'll just end up repeating myself over and over. Why wouldn't I just push strange today if I am mafia? Why Meg?

Yo town ask yourself that plz and come back to me. ProHawk knows if I was mafia in his shoes that I could have just easily pushed Strange and win. I am the one who pointed Meg out, not anyone else
Pretty sure you answered the opposite of what ProHawk was asking, I think he thought you had
less
gumption on day 1. :eek:
I am glad ProHawk says that I have a sharp sense of judgement and im resourceful now.

It's simply because I have more info now then I had on day 1. You know... Because it is day 3. And I know who a mafia is. I had no idea what gumption meant originally :oops:
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #100) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1007, Meuh wrote:Hawk/Strange isn't S/S, there's at least 1 scum in Cape/Meg
There is only 1 scumworld that exists, that is Meg/Hawk
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (isolation #101) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 987, MegAzumarill wrote:Really if the game continues to tomorrow I accomplished something here
In post 992, MegAzumarill wrote:
If you're scum your partner is strange silly
In post 998, MegAzumarill wrote:I think it's kinda obvious me and Cape aren't aligned.
We probably just lose tomorrow even if you lim correct (cape) today
this series of quotes is really funny.

"wE pRoBaBly just Looose TooooMorrRow"

like you literally put your """"gamesolve"""" in the post before how could you even think that?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (isolation #102) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1013, Cape90 wrote:
In post 987, MegAzumarill wrote:Really if the game continues to tomorrow I accomplished something here
In post 992, MegAzumarill wrote:
If you're scum your partner is strange silly
In post 998, MegAzumarill wrote:I think it's kinda obvious me and Cape aren't aligned.
We probably just lose tomorrow even if you lim correct (cape) today
this series of quotes is really funny.

"wE pRoBaBly just Looose TooooMorrRow"

like you literally put your """"gamesolve"""" in the post before how could you even think that?
Sorry now I'm just a bully punching down :cry:

My point being Meg town cannot seriously think this given they have a "solve" onto StrangeMatter that in this imaginary world that Meg is making up. Meg has a good chance of winning here hypothetically
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (isolation #103) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1016, Meuh wrote:I'm curious, how would you guys feel about a ProHawk lim?
Completely fine with that
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (isolation #104) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1023, ProHawk wrote:I'm good with elimin Cape
But not good with eliminating Meg, his other scumread.

And somehow people STILL believe Meg/Hawk aren't the team

SMH
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #105) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1036, MegAzumarill wrote:Blatantly ignoring the fact prohawk has said they would hammer me?
Blatantly defending ProHawk because ProHawk is your scum partner :)
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (isolation #106) » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1039, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1036, MegAzumarill wrote:Blatantly ignoring the fact prohawk has said they would hammer me?
Blatantly defending ProHawk because ProHawk is your scum partner :)
Oh right the story you were going with is that you are townreading ProHawk and that me/Strange are the mafia team.

So why hasn't Meg tried convincing ProHawk that they themselves aren't mafia with me?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (isolation #107) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1056, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 1054, StrangeMatter wrote:Under different circumstances I think a Cape09 would’ve been a better vote if this wasn’t ELO (If he flips red ProHawk would be confirmed to me), but atm I prefer the elimination to be MegAzu.
???

Excuse me?
why are you responding to yourself like you are another person.
In post 1055, MegAzumarill wrote:Can't even commit to a side :D
Unless you are talking about this here?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (isolation #108) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Cape90 »

Spoiler: Look hey look ProHawk is probably just mafia
In post 978, ProHawk wrote:
In post 971, Cape90 wrote:Why wouldn't Meg day 2 if they thought I was cop with a red check on strange just check strange?
They are scum. Why are you asking me this question?

Cape entered the day guns blazing, knowing it's 3v2 and that a wrong move would mean auto-lose. This is as big or bigger than the elim the claimed cop blunder.
Cape ended the day yesterday voting StrangeMatter, and is now treating them like confirmed town.
Cape when pushed had made a case on both myself and then a case on Meuh based off of them eliminating claimed cop.

StrangeMatter is guaranteed to make it to the next round if we get it right today. Cape also IMO is guaranteed. That leaves a pick from myself or Meuh.

--------------------

I am still waiting on Meuh's opinion on who first... unless I missed that answer.
In post 953, ProHawk wrote:LHF can absolutely be scum, BUT LHF are also people that scum constantly point to because its...... easy
In post 954, ProHawk wrote:
In post 947, Cape90 wrote:
Weren't you big on pairing teams last game day??

Who is the partner here if not you?
In post 969, ProHawk wrote:Cape looks like flailing scum keeping his options open in case he makes it to 3p LYLO
In post 970, ProHawk wrote:
In post 955, Cape90 wrote:This is legit the most obvious choice ever and if y'all end up hanging me over obvscum over here. Never playing with y'all on MS ever again.
WTF is this AtE for?
In post 940, ProHawk wrote:
In post 939, Meuh wrote:
In post 935, ProHawk wrote:My biggest concern is that I don't see anyone defending MegAzu...

Why would scum bus here in this scenario?
Cape’s busing Meg for towncred tomorrow! :cool:
That thought JUST popped into my head right when I posted before you :lol:

I mean this is exactly how I would expect scum to play endgame like.

I don't see how it isn't just ProHawk here unless Strange has just been just sitting in the background and doing nothing this whole time as scum lol
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #109) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1067, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 1065, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1056, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 1054, StrangeMatter wrote:Under different circumstances I think a Cape09 would’ve been a better vote if this wasn’t ELO (If he flips red ProHawk would be confirmed to me), but atm I prefer the elimination to be MegAzu.
???

Excuse me?
why are you responding to yourself like you are another person.
In post 1055, MegAzumarill wrote:Can't even commit to a side :D
Unless you are talking about this here?
Yes, I pointed out that it made no sense that I “can’t even commit to a side” when I already put my stances and what I thought at the time.
okay I had that thought afterwards, thanks for clearing that up
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #110) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Cape90 »

I am traveling but I will be semi-active
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (isolation #111) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Cape90 »

I'm getting this awful vibe from MegAzumarill that's just manipulative like what Greeting said. There was just a whole lot of shade thrown towards Greeting not being cop throughout a lot yesterday, which to me just reeks of another (already stated) play I've seen from scum. I'm fine with this slot going today for sure.
In post 973, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 944, ProHawk wrote:

Who were you going to vote for yesterday?
It was MegAzu or you. I was reading I just felt like MegAzu was far more scummy when I read, looking increasingly opportunistic with their vote on Greeting. Though tbh I don’t think I have a good scumread on you in particular and reevaluating it was probably bias, which probably means I’m wrong considering another game where me and another player tunneled each other hard.
In post 874, StrangeMatter wrote:Wha-why???

Get off of Greeting please.
that wasn't long

Strange is town. Ugh last time I ended up confbiasing myself as town I was wrong.

Only thing that gets me is Strange's sudden shift into shading me off Meg when originally, Strange actually had the correct solve.

However this world that I am thinking of only works if Strange/ProHawk were the team and if Meg was town.

Here goes nothing. ProHawk reeked of optimism day 3 onward and if he is town. Well Strange outplayed.

Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (isolation #112) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1072, ProHawk wrote:
In post 1066, Cape90 wrote:I don't see how it isn't just ProHawk here unless Strange has just been just sitting in the background and doing nothing this whole time as scum lol
Are you going to put any effort here or no?
I was traveling, but it doesn't take that much effort to clearly deduce that you are the wolf here and that Strange isn't
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (isolation #113) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1073, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 1069, ProHawk wrote:Dear StrangeMatter,

Please please please please be more active today.

I have been reading past games of yours and from what I have seen haven't been reticent to vote people, yet this game you just plain aren't participating and it's throwing me for a loop.

I need to know where your thoughts are on the game-state.
I will.

Looking at POE at this point I think Cape09 is probably the last scum, but I'm going to 100% try to reread the entire game, especially since the last time I did this (Dwlee was scum and I town read him) I was completely wrong.
I dunno what the "POE" is, nobody is confirmed.

And could you stop saying 09, it's 90
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #114) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1085, ProHawk wrote:Bahaha nice job cape rofl.

Maybe put in a little more effort next time.
Maybe stop openwolfing also we should have gone strange day 2 ago. This game was not solely my fault.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #115) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1087, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1085, ProHawk wrote:Bahaha nice job cape rofl.

Maybe put in a little more effort next time.
Maybe stop openwolfing also we should have gone strange day 2 ago. This game was not solely my fault.
Pretty funny when I have put in more effort then you. At least on the odd days. Day 2, sure, fair.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #116) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Cape90 »

You know first game on here. I'll consider this a learning experience. And extend apologies to ProHawk and the rest of town

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”