Newbie 2102 | OPs from 2002 | Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by SirRhett »

Your scum has arrrrrivvvvvvved!
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:48 am

Post by SirRhett »

You got me up against the grain, your majesty!

That being said, I'm excited to jump into this game. I've never played one on this forum, but I have played similar games elsewhere.

Not sure how to highlight this to be bold... but he's at the bottom of the list so why not.

Vote: Spartan117
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:03 am

Post by SirRhett »

VOTE: Spartan117

Strictly because we haven't heard anything yet. Not sure what can be discerned otherwise.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:04 am

Post by SirRhett »

In post 26, Nektarios wrote:
In post 25, catboi wrote:nya
Does this mean something?
I assumed that was like... the sound a cat would make? haha
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:50 am

Post by SirRhett »

I’m fine with the pressure. There’s not much information to go around as is. So how does this work? Am I pushed to the edge and given my last will and testament? Haha

The short piling on answers don’t seem to add much other than pressure, but maybe that’s the point?
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:04 am

Post by SirRhett »

I'll go ahead and VOTE: UNVOTE for now, but my leading suspicions would go to CCGeek and Bellaphant currently. CCGeek for the reasoning presented by Mr. Turtle. Bellaphant just seems overly eager to hop on wagons and put pressure onto Turtle for not doing the same? But there is still a lot of time, and I don't have enough reasoning as of yet to put a vote on either of them.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by SirRhett »

Is it too early to give reads on everyone? It probably is, but I’m not sure how else to pick information out. While I appreciate the ‘newbie solidarity,’ I’ll always be suspect of someone who jumps onto my line of thought so easily. But like I said, it’s tough at this stage.

We’re two votes away from voting off Bellaphant? Is that what e-2 means?

If Bella and Corwin can vouch for each other as far as reads go, I’d be a little hesitant to vote for either of them. Instead, let’s look at…

VOTE: Spartan117

Nothing definitive at all, but something about the posts seem far too friendly/reminiscent as if trying to pull focus from the task at hand. Once again, not much to go off of at all here.

We mentioned experience earlier… I’ve played a bit in a faster paced style similar to Evileeyore. I played one game here about 8 or 9 years ago and ended up backing out unfortunately. I’ve played a lot of Secret Hitler and social deduction games of that style.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:09 am

Post by SirRhett »

Hey guys, I'm catching up right now. Give me an hour or so and I'll have a more substantial post. Sundays are normally very busy for me. Should be more active the rest of the week.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:39 am

Post by SirRhett »

Okay, so apparently today is just going to be as busy. CCGeek is coming across poorly. So much so that I would assume he's a role that wanted to be eliminated. Of course that's not an option in this set-up. The timing of it is interesting too. Do we think Geek could be throwing himself under the bus to defend Spartan who was center of attention when CCGeek claimed to be confirmed as town? He says he's confirmed town when there's zero evidence to support it. Also, is it normal to just throw an accusation towards the two that haven't been active in the last day or so? Seems like backpedaling to me from CCGeek.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:08 am

Post by SirRhett »

In post 157, Nektarios wrote:Personally, I'm content with my vote on Geek for now, even if someone hammers him. By no means sure he is scum, but I think he is presenting as quite possibly scummy, and if he were lynched, his posts would probably be the most valuable in light of the knowledge of his alignment postmortem. Also D1 is just hard and we have to kill somebody eventually LOL. I could still be convinced to change my vote but I'm not feeling any strong need to change the direction of things at this point.

I would like to hear from those not currently on the Geek bandwagon what their thoughts on Geek are.

Bella, Turtle, EE. Rhett basically just did.
Yeah, I'm fine with this push at this moment. I can hammer if need be. I'd prefer to hear what everyone has to say first though.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:11 am

Post by SirRhett »

VOTE: Nektarios
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by SirRhett »

Silly Corwinoid.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:58 am

Post by SirRhett »

Boy, it's been a lively day.

Corwinoid has some great reads into the situation, and I do feel like this game is teaching me a lot whether it's a scum-leading game or not. As for my reads...

Corwinoid - Townlean - If he's not, he's done a great job of not just trying to capitalize on a big train already on the tracks. Unless of course CCGeek is his scumbuddy and he's trying to keep him alive. Seems like a weird way to handle it if so.

Mr. Turtle - Neutral - Still unsure on him and a lot of it will depend on if we flip CCGeek and he does reveal to be Scum. I'm more inclined to think he's town by some of his posts in reference to not being on the train for CCGeek, regardless of whether he's evil or not.

Evileeyore - Townlean - EE's working hard to get everyone to notice him and try to corral the town. For that reason, I can see EE leaning either way. Is it working hard to earn that CONFTOWN status or is it trying to spit so much information that we "can't" get rid of EE? I'm torn on this juncture, but I'll keep watching.

CCGeek - Scumlean - I do believe that Geek is scum and just is not handling the pressure well. At this point, I'd like to get this vote out of the way. I'm fine with extending day to get more reads which is why I haven't asked to realistically hammer, but at this point I think letting Geek get to the next day just means we probably will hit this same wall again. I'd rather move forward than backwards.

More in a bit.
SirRhett
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
SirRhett
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by SirRhett »

Thanks for the prod! Okay so if I understand correctly, that means that we don’t have any information getters from our night roles. Two masons and a bunch of scrubs and evil doers. I guess that makes it kinda fair for a newbie game especially.

Why are we assuming that the scum parties were not voting? I would assume at least one latched onto that very strange display by Geek yesterday.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”