He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Modfather
10/11/22 furtiveglance Datisi
I played in a lot of fun games this year, but 2 of the most memorable and fun were modded by Datisi - The Turing Test (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89769) and Datisi's Cafe (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89922). The Turing Test was a 13 player Open original setup idea by Datisi, in which mafia get to remove a town and a mafia from the game and everyone votes on which one was mafia. Whichever faction wasn't voted for earns a point, first to 3 wins. I remember having a massive headache about who to vote for, and the game felt very layered and cerebral. Even after I was removed from the game it preyed on my mind in the dead thread. Datisi's Cafe was another original setup, this time a Large Theme game with a 'productivity' mechanic in which power roles chose either to use or holster every night. The more power roles fired, the more kills the mafia got that night. This was quite a chaotic game with most players having a cool role of some kind. What I liked about the modding specifically was the amusing flavour. You could tell that Datisi put a lot into the setup, and we as players got a lot out of it.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Paperback Writer
23/12/22 furtiveglance PookyTheMagicalBear House of the Dragon Even as someone who hasn't seen HotD or GoT, I was still amused and entertained by the detailed flavour of this game, which synergised really well with the special mechanics of King and Council. Every flip was given thematic flavour text, and there was also a 'duel' mechanic which gave Pooky more opportunities to characterise the players in interesting and funny ways.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:23 am

Post by furtiveglance »

[header=5]Paperback Writer[/header]
[row][cell]14/01/23[/cell]
[cell]furtiveglance[/cell]
[cell]numberQ[/cell]
[cell]Open 848: Chromavalon: A Bouquet of Colours[/cell]
[cell]I was just looking through my games when I remembered this one. At the time, I was too worried about who my Merlin was to enjoy the flavour, but it really is great. numberQ used the theme of an artist struggling for inspiration in this game, casting Merlins as artistic Muses and Mafia Goons as 'Painter's Block'. Every votecount came with beautiful artwork and the story of the Painter's search for inspiration ran through the game in the creative flavour text.[/cell][/row]
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 75, mastina wrote:
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/20/2023 mastina Lukewarm Lukewarm has had a quite good year as town. In Subreddit uPick, he was vital in both the scum eliminations, incredibly obviously town, and almost won the game for the town by virtue of being able to figure out things by PoE and having continued the legacy of dead town that suspected the false-clear as being false.

In The Thing Mafia, as Fuchs, he not only used his power role quite well, but also helped to eliminate the scum by virtue of directing the vig to the correct shot.

In Datisi's Cafe, he was the first to catch the scumslip of the scum eliminated on D1 and near-singlehandedly (he was one of two) the reason for another scum elimination, eating the scum nightkill as a VT the night after.

In House of Dragons, he was correctly suspect of both Dwlee and Datisi in spite of the cross-bus between the two, and probably could have done far more if not for the fact he was the N1 scum nightkill.
Nth, love this guy

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”