What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1556 (isolation #200) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Ircher »

Why should town!me out Iconeum when he is in no danger of being lynched? That makes no sense, and if I did that, you'd call me out for it and rightfully so.

Re: Tracker --> ????????????? I have not softed anything of the sort.

Your last few posts shows just how tunneled you are on me.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1562 (isolation #201) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1555, Bingle wrote:We've just had other things that were worth discussing today to deal with.
As far as I can tell, the only thing that has been discussed from your delay is me, and ad I noted earlier, you made up your mind a long time ago. I still don't get why you continue to wait on hammering when all you are doing is wasting everyone's time. This time isn't being productively used. You're so keen on driving this lynch that you could achieve at any moment, and you are not taking any time to investigate elsewhere.

If you don't hammer, I'll hammer myself because quite obviously, my death is what's needed to propel the game forward. You're acting like you are doing this to allow discussion of other topics, but none of that is happening. Make your decision: to hammer or not to hammer, and make it quick.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1563 (isolation #202) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Ircher »

True claiming here, for real this time:

I'm a VT, and I chose page 316. As I told Iconeum in our neighborhood thread (I claimed there the previous day), I chose it because it allows you to make all sorts of plays and thus can be fun in a game like this generally filled with PRs.

Now you might think I'm fakeclaiming again, but not. First, Iconeum can validate that I did indeed claim this to him in our neighborhood thread in the previous day phase. In addition, if you remember during RQS, I noted that I had a 72% chance of being town. If you count the number of town roles on the page, you get 18 out of 25 posted roles total, so that does indeed give me a 72% chance of being town. Lastly, I did leave a small crumb in one of my posts of this fact.
In post 602, Ircher wrote:Voting Third party is a waste of time. We have actual scum to find.
Note that I capitalize both the V and the T (but not the p in party) here. It's very subtle, but it was a crumb.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1566 (isolation #203) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Ircher »

You act as if I didn't crumb my inno at all... Maybe not well, but I didn't ignore it.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1567 (isolation #204) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1564, Bingle wrote:Also: the things I specifically want to wait for right now: Dr. Drew confirming/denying that Chem targeted him last night. Potential clarification on a claimed scumslip from what is a pseudo conftown slot so that I know if I should actually be looking farther into it.

How are either of those a waste of time?
1) Re: Drew --> While being explicit can be useful at times, I think we've had enough confirmation of the fact. Drew has had the option to contradict Chemist earlier this day, and even with that said, the confirmation can wait until the next day phase. We shouldn't be asking for confirmation of stuff just for the sake of it; we should do it for controversial or suspicious claims, etc.
2) Re: Battle Mage --> Again, it could wait for another day, and we all know it'll take Battle Mage awhile to post again due in part to the posting restriction. This isn't critical info you absolutely must gain now.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1569 (isolation #205) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Ircher »

Keep talking scum!boring. I'm around 85% confident you're scum right now. (For reference, Titus is more like 65% and Bingle 58%.)
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1570 (isolation #206) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1431, boring wrote:It's uncomfortable to say, but you make a good point. Those lists are busywork, and Ircher has had one gimmick after another. First the call for page numbers, then the random questions he did nothing helpful with (just mock everyone's answers), the constant read lists, now the strong focus on how the card-calling is pointless. He's had some substance too, but he's easily 50+% " busy".
This post btw was really bad, and I already explained to Iconeum how it was. I don't feel like repeating myself, but the gist is that this comes across as scum trying to fake reasons to scumread me. Some of the things noted here are either blatantly false, not scum-indicative, or horrible misrepresentative of what has actually happened. Pretty much none of the reasons read as having even a sliver of authenticity or fairness to them.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1575 (isolation #207) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1110, boring wrote:
In post 1106, Hoctac wrote:Whoever compiles a list of role claims is locktown for the next 4 day phases minimum (not kiddng).
Because I feel guilty for my low activity this game and I crave approval:

Battle Mage - No claim, but writing French love poems to Annie that end in "gottago fast! ROGNTUDJUUU[...]" Maybe someone ran across a matching role post?
Bingle/saladman - No claim

boring - "Coconut Townie"
Chateau Lobby - No claim

Chemist1422 - Crumbed but didn't claim "Town 1-shotizer"
Doctor Drew - No exact claim, only that he's town and he can make people not-town.

farside22 - "Town Effort Saver"
hellbooks - No claim, implies similar role to Town Guesser

Hoctac - "Town Guesser", "Mafia Goon"
Iconeum - No claim
Ircher - No claim, but "I'm vigging Bingle tonight"
ManateeDude - No claim
Pigman - No claim

Quick/dsjster - "VT".
dsjster claimed favorite number is 24. Looking at page 24 in case it was a crumb, I've concluded that it would bring me a lot of joy if Quick flipped "flying pumpkin shootin lazers out of his ass"

Titus - No claim except that role is verifiable

TrueSoulEnergy - "Knowledgeable Townie"
Two Girls One Vote - "Town Utterly Pointless Investigative Role", "Kawaii Miller Doctor Hydra"
boring's motives for compiling this is also highly suspect as boring admits themselves that they're doing it for approval rather than say because they want to help town.

pedit: I did crumb Iconeum's inno to a small extent. I could've done better, sure, but everyone's acting like I made no such attempt. Quite frankly, just looking at my reads should've been enough. Remember when I voted Ico Day 2 then backed off? I certainly didn't back off because of Iconeum's posts (they were kinda meh). Also when I fakeclaimed investigative earlier, I said I targeted Iconeum night 1. Again, that's a crumb. I didn't want to be blatant because I had no intention of outting Iconeum because there was no need.

Obviously I crumbed VT because I doubt people take a VT claim at stock value this game.

pedit2: Tbf, I've fakeclaimed like 3 different roles this game. So technically speaking, if I were scum, I've done exactly that.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1576 (isolation #208) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Ircher »

We also had the card color thing with boring where they claimed to have gotten. While I have played a lot of devil's advocacy with regards to that (and still believe it isn't slip), I think that is another reason
everyone
should at least reevaluate boring, especially since boring never gave an explanation for it and decided that not checking was perfectly acceptable. (Rather than say admit they made an error reading, they double-downed and refused to double-check it).
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1578 (isolation #209) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 474, boring wrote:My internet is spotty right now, but I will try to cover all the bases so far and come back tomorrow.
I don't think I misread, as the card came in a separate message from my role card. I don't know why I'd get an impossible color, I didn't realize it was supposed to be impossible.
This is you refusing to double-check your card color. All it takes is going through your pm inbox or archive and finding the relevant pm. Instead, you decide it's better to rely purely on memory and don't even try to consider the idea you may have misread.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1579 (isolation #210) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1239, boring wrote:
In post 1237, Ircher wrote:VOTE: boring
Well, at least I talked you out of SRing Titus. I'll call this a draw.
In post 1243, boring wrote:
In post 1241, Ircher wrote:
In post 1239, boring wrote:
In post 1237, Ircher wrote:VOTE: boring
Well, at least I talked you out of SRing Titus. I'll call this a draw.
Where did I say I stopped scum reading Titus??????????
You're not voting her anymore. I guess I just assumed that's what it meant.
This is just utterly bizarre. I guess not scum-indicative by itself, but if boring ever flips as scum, this seems like a telling associative. (I feel the need to point out my scum read on Titus is independent of associative reads.)
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1583 (isolation #211) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1580, boring wrote:
In post 1575, Ircher wrote:
In post 1110, boring wrote:
In post 1106, Hoctac wrote:Whoever compiles a list of role claims is locktown for the next 4 day phases minimum (not kiddng).
Because I feel guilty for my low activity this game and I crave approval:

Battle Mage - No claim, but writing French love poems to Annie that end in "gottago fast! ROGNTUDJUUU[...]" Maybe someone ran across a matching role post?
Bingle/saladman - No claim

boring - "Coconut Townie"
Chateau Lobby - No claim

Chemist1422 - Crumbed but didn't claim "Town 1-shotizer"
Doctor Drew - No exact claim, only that he's town and he can make people not-town.

farside22 - "Town Effort Saver"
hellbooks - No claim, implies similar role to Town Guesser

Hoctac - "Town Guesser", "Mafia Goon"
Iconeum - No claim
Ircher - No claim, but "I'm vigging Bingle tonight"
ManateeDude - No claim
Pigman - No claim

Quick/dsjster - "VT".
dsjster claimed favorite number is 24. Looking at page 24 in case it was a crumb, I've concluded that it would bring me a lot of joy if Quick flipped "flying pumpkin shootin lazers out of his ass"

Titus - No claim except that role is verifiable

TrueSoulEnergy - "Knowledgeable Townie"
Two Girls One Vote - "Town Utterly Pointless Investigative Role", "Kawaii Miller Doctor Hydra"
boring's motives for compiling this is also highly suspect as boring admits themselves that they're doing it for approval rather than say because they want to help town.

pedit: I did crumb Iconeum's inno to a small extent. I could've done better, sure, but everyone's acting like I made no such attempt. Quite frankly, just looking at my reads should've been enough. Remember when I voted Ico Day 2 then backed off? I certainly didn't back off because of Iconeum's posts (they were kinda meh). Also when I fakeclaimed investigative earlier, I said I targeted Iconeum night 1. Again, that's a crumb. I didn't want to be blatant because I had no intention of outting Iconeum because there was no need.

Obviously I crumbed VT because I doubt people take a VT claim at stock value this game.

pedit2: Tbf, I've fakeclaimed like 3 different roles this game. So technically speaking, if I were scum, I've done exactly that.
A lot of bullshit here to unpack.
1) My motives for making the list were were very clear. Hoctac asked for the list, I openly requested Hoctac investigate me earlier in the day. I wanted to be helpful, and I wanted the investigation. I've played with him before, and I was talking to him, not you.
2) Voting Iconeum at ANY point and flipping VT would completely contradict her later claims to have been informed town to you when/if she is at risk of lynch. No one gravedigs for crumbs for defense. You've played this game for years. You're a mod. You know these things.
3) You could have easily pointed to your page when you were trying to drum up page numbers and solidified yourself as VT right away. Most of us would have believed you.
Yet another horrible post that I think reinforces my notion you're actively looking for things to scumread me for rather than looking at things from a more balanced angle. The fact you're trying to apply burden of proficiency here against me is a fallacy.

Re: Cards:
You could've said, "I looked back at the card message in my inbox, and it did indeed say green." That would've been completely acceptable.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1584 (isolation #212) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Ircher »

I honestly don't think waiting around for Battle Mage's response is a worthwhile use of time. It's not vital for tonight's actions. It will certainly take awhile to actually happen, and we'll just be continuing to discuss me during that time rather than finding scum. Town needs to keep what little momentum it has, and I think that continuing to discuss me will kill that momentum. It's also just not effective and clogs the thread.

Everyone has had an opportunity to speak and say their piece, myself included. There's really no reason for me to NOT hammer here, and there's quite a few reasons to hammer. I'm not changing the outcome of today, and no one else is changing their minds either. While perhaps in bad taste, I think the benefits significantly outweighs the scant few disadvantages to me hammering here. Thus, I am doing it.
VOTE: Ircher

Good luck town, and don't ignore me after I flip.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #2808 (isolation #213) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Ircher »

Thanks for modding TemporalLich.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #2834 (isolation #214) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Ircher »

The flavor was fine. Most of us was here moreso for the roles than flavor, so that's why you aren't getting too many comments in that area. I do like games that like to give small flavor blurbs rather than pages upon pages of flavor. It adds a nice spice without being excessive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”