Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream | Meowhalla (Spoiler-Free)

This forum is for private topics used in mafia games.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #103 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm, uh, in the unspoiled spec thread? :shifty:

Alright, alright, I can keep my mouth shut.
In post 29, Gimli wrote: ah, its too bad. I wanted to e-hug aureal after her last posts today, but I guess I'll do it postgame
Thanks, I really did need it. I have been an emotional wreck since before this game even started. Maybe someday I'll dare to look back at the Feedback on Moderation thread.

Uh, I guess it's probably okay to read your PM now instead of accidentally opening it because I thought it was deleted, seeing a sketch, going "shit it's not actually deleted" and hitting the back button. :facepalm:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 125, Gimli wrote: glad I can finally talk to you guys ;(
Yeah, it's really felt sucky being totally detached from everything at a time when everything seems intent on punching me in the gut.

On the other hand, maybe it was for the better, it's given me time to start trying to process what I'm feeling without unloading a ton of it onto other people. That hasn't done me any favors so far.

:?

It's a work in progress.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:52 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 135, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: also, this is why I don't play Mafia. I think it's best if I stick to moderating games. When that was how I got speared that phase, I dropped my mental state in-game and showed my anxiety and annoyance in the thread. I apologize for that on my behalf
I don't think there's anything you need to apologize for. I think quite a few of us have been showing our anxiety and annoyance in the thread! What you're feeling is totally reasonable and I definitely understand it.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

If Ydrasse being a bomb and winning the game off that makes my prediction here less accurate, I am fine with that.
In post 15, Aureal wrote: This isn't going to be a very nice post-game, is it? Unless town actually manages to stop death tunneling here.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by Aureal »

Well, look on the bright side, at least we aren't part of the 1904 Olympic men's marathon.
The only two sources of water for the competitors were a water tower at six miles, and a well at about the halfway (12 miles and 750 yards) mark.[2][6] James E. Sullivan was a chief organizer of the Olympics, and set up no other water sources along the 24 miles and 1500 yards course of the marathon even though it was conducted in 32 °C (90 °F) heat over unpaved roads that were choked with dust.

His ostensible reason was to conduct research on "purposeful dehydration": this, combined with poor officiating, saw the marathon end with the worst ratio of finishers to starters (14 out of 32), and the slowest winning time, 3:28:45, which was exactly 29 minutes slower than the second-slowest winning time.[6]
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:41 am

Post by Aureal »

It's a Khan role that forces a vig shot when you die, isn't it? Dunno why Ydrasse would play so anemically if she was Bulletproof/bomb.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:42 am

Post by Aureal »

This is why I held out on hammering for the win in Death Note for quite a while, until I was
quite
confident Gimli was signalling that the skill that resets the votes was not in play, and there was enough else going on that it shouldn't be easy to figure out exactly who I was protecting by doing so if that confidence was still wrong.

If my Unstoppable shot was still available here, would it go through Ydrasse's skill, or is it a Commuter that leaves for the following phase too?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:52 am

Post by Aureal »

Commuter avoids even strongman though, it resolves first.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yes, Ydrasse, please "blink votes on and off" it is definitely a reasonable suggestion XD
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:40 am

Post by Aureal »

There is possibly some vote discrepancy again; but I wouldn't worry about them voting wrongly, I think town's got this unless trigonometry somehow turns out to be a way to raise the vote threshold needed so they can't actually vote out Sunflower tomorrow. And that seems really unlikely.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:47 am

Post by Aureal »

Or I guess maybe it could make everyone Loved today (it does say "doesn't EVERYONE hate trigonometry") to the same effect, couldn't vote out either of them. Or the opposite and it makes everyone Hated and they manage to get two votes on a townie first. Or well I guess a bunch of voting shenanigans could theoretically happen if it's a dream that affects voting, but that seems unlikely.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Aureal »

Which, if it were to actually happen, would raise the question of how long the game would go on.

I just realized I don't even know what my win condition is, it's not in our role PMs, lol
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:33 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 287, Prism wrote:
In post 283, Aureal wrote: There is possibly some vote discrepancy again; but I wouldn't worry about them voting wrongly, I think town's got this unless trigonometry somehow turns out to be a way to raise the vote threshold needed so they can't actually vote out Sunflower tomorrow. And that seems really unlikely.
I checked with the mods and it's a correct VC, though we might get interesting claims around it. Check the scum PT for the tie selection mechanic, which supposedly your teammates missed.

My fear is a vig shot (hail mary sounds like it) or vote manipulation.
The VC isn't supposed to show the tiebreak doubled votes though so I don't know what's going on. I'm not bothering to counting this crap myself.

And yeah, hail mary was useless for us here too.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:36 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh, my little lie about who I targeted has actually come into play the way I was hoping, nice.

This is all an awful lot of effort for Ydrasse to go to if she's just trying to mess with scum's perception of who she'll vote.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:14 am

Post by Aureal »

What prior statements though? I barely talked about any of the hydras (besides Von since I'm very familiar with them) because ugh, hydras overwhelming and confusing. If I actually was town with that role, I think Sunflower is a very likely target choice for me there because they weren't likely to get shot there and clearing them means getting to trust fire's reads without having to effort in reading them first. I played with fire before and oh boy did we struggle to find each other.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 337, Cabd wrote: Ydra is either completely missing her inno on Von Payne, or this is the closest-to-chest 50000% IQ play ever.
Wow, she gets some sort of investigation too?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:56 am

Post by Aureal »

Oh, it only triggers when targeted by a Bad Dream, eh? She could have confusion over the wording, or timing; or whether it counts as a targeted ability, especially since and Ravens both got added to the hood at the same time so it's really hazy what's going on with that.

Or she really is just playing up suspicion of Von hoping to make sure she doesn't get shot, but that still seems unnecessary since Enchant was unambiguous about wanting to vote Sunflower.

Feels like town has quite a bit of ability to get mechanical clears and semi-clears in this setup with no ability for us to counter, and it's kind of astounding it's coming down to the wire like this.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:29 am

Post by Aureal »

Can they hurry up and end this somehow pleeeease? :neutral:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:35 am

Post by Aureal »

Mmm yeah that's kinda ambiguous. Mentioning harm likely makes one focus on how it avoids actions that would've been harmful. A night hood doesn't exactly sound harmful.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:15 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 366, Prism wrote:
In post 363, Aureal wrote: Mmm yeah that's kinda ambiguous. Mentioning harm likely makes one focus on how it avoids actions that would've been harmful. A night hood doesn't exactly sound harmful.
I don't think it's ambiguous. "visit" is clearly more than a nightkill IMO
And I'd say targeting her during the day to add to the night hood isn't clearly a visit either. Especially given how it goes on to specify that she stays in the tower for the night and day phases. That also leads one think it triggers on night actions but not day ones. It's just really not very intuitive how it would interact with the hood power if that was scum. Not that she couldn't have asked.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Private Topics”