Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 36, Datisi wrote:
In post 28, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Dannflor

LLD is not a bad choice but I think Dannflor is easier to read
can i get your thought process behind this post and vote?
I want a King I would trust to be a skilled player if town

LLD is definitely skilled but my experience/impression of her is that she's the type of player who tunnels her scumreads and puts a ton of pressure on them to box them out of a game, and I think that's an easier playstyle to replicate as scum. If she does similar here and vigs a townie, it'd be hard for me to discern whether town!LLD was simply wrong or whether she's mafia

whereas town!Dann is a flexible player, he's very transparent about his thought processes and usually displays a ton of authenticity/paranoia as his reads change that I think is much harder to convincingly emulate as scum.

so I feel I would have an easier time sussing him out if he's mafia than LLD. frankly I also wanted to start an alternative wagon rather than just jump on the LLD train

in other news, I don't like it gives me a LAMISTy vibe and this:
In post 41, Datisi wrote:i do a lot of stressed tinfoil posting when i'm town in an important position.
and i don't think i'm capable of replicating that stressed tinfoil posting as scum.
kinda feels like bullshit to me? Give yourself credit you are a capable scum player and I don't see why you'd genuinely expect us to believe you couldn't handle being a scum King
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 72, Dannflor wrote:GL, why don’t you want to advocate for yourself for King?
I'd rather other people advocate for that of their own accord if they choose to

I also don't think there's really a good argument for it currently, especially in an opening post, I wouldn't expect anyone to townread me enough yet to comfortably vote me and I don't want to argue I'm better than every other player cause I don't really think that's true
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 69, Datisi wrote:andante twon yes?
In post 75, Datisi wrote:
In post 71, Dannflor wrote:
why did you say this and was it for a reason other than wallpost = town
from what i remember, my one encounter with scum-andante was that she was kinda shitposty and didn't care about the game much

and i think town-andante tends to be tryhard srsbsns early, like in invictus

why do you find them scummy?
why not vote Andante here?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Datisi »

i was moreso hoping you'd tell me why you're seemingly accepting the 3-person pool for king that mastina proposed

and those two things aren't mutually exclusive - i do consider myself a great scum player, but i also know my limits. consistently faking paranoia is one of them, consistently solving and faking paranoia *in a way that i do* when given an important position is pretty much impossible for scumtisi.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 102, GuiltyLion wrote:why not vote Andante here?
don't open if your name is andante:
Spoiler:
i don't want town-andante to be king, if there are other potential options. i don't actually think her reads are great, and i think town-her is very impulsive and possibly wouldn't listen to the rest of town when making decisions. though still a better choice than a scum king obviously.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 79, UNOwen wrote:
In post 77, Andante wrote: It reads as fake progression to you? so put yourself in those shoes. If I made a wallpost going "UNOWEN MAF" and you never saw the seven day thing, saw me saying 7, went "oh! slip from scum chat!!" Cause to me that progression reads more like a town falsely being accused of maf... not that I fully trust Junko right now but that's just my thoughts on this.
Since those posts were in response to you highlighting the exact part of the quote that talked about seven days, then yes I think it was fake that Junko still wouldn't have noticed and instead thought you had slipped. Don't you?
my thought on this:

if Junko knew Andante was town, I think it'd be less likely for them to assume the scum!PT argument would work and miss Andante quoting where the mod gave us that info. she'd know Andante was telling the truth so I don't think the scumslip idea would occur to her. I think that's what Andante is saying as well.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 103, Datisi wrote:i was moreso hoping you'd tell me why you're seemingly accepting the 3-person pool for king that mastina proposed
you're projecting or making an assumption there, I don't think it has to be Martina's 3 person pool and I never said as much. There was a wagon on LLD but I'd prefer Dann if I'm making a blind pick. I'm probably (likely?) gonna switch my vote several times today as I start to Get Reads anyway
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Charloux »

I think it's worth to give this game a look from a different perspective.
It's important to crown a king from both the perspective of town and scum, so scum would want to push to get one of their own the throne right?
But all scum voting their teammate can be seen as sus later on so in that case how do you secure the votes needed? One option i see is trying to limit the number of vote recipients like mastina did.
The other thing to look out for is people giving votes to unexpected people.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 103, Datisi wrote:consistently faking paranoia is one of them, consistently solving and faking paranoia *in a way that i do* when given an important position is pretty much impossible for scumtisi.
I don't know, I'm chewing on this and I think it's possible that town!you might believe this but I'm still not sold that town!you believes
other people
can believe this. Like you really think your scum game is so noticeably weak in that regard (even if we say specifically from an elected/important position) that you'd be an easy sort? Do you have an example game where you failed to play well from such a position as scum?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 106, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 103, Datisi wrote:i was moreso hoping you'd tell me why you're seemingly accepting the 3-person pool for king that mastina proposed
you're projecting or making an assumption there, I don't think it has to be Martina's 3 person pool and I never said as much. There was a wagon on LLD but I'd prefer Dann if I'm making a blind pick. I'm probably (likely?) gonna switch my vote several times today as I start to Get Reads anyway
i am, hence the "seemingly" - the way you responded in 100 made me think you were locked in voting between those 3 choices, or like, you're expecting the vote is gonna end up between those 3

pedit:
In post 108, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 103, Datisi wrote:consistently faking paranoia is one of them, consistently solving and faking paranoia *in a way that i do* when given an important position is pretty much impossible for scumtisi.
I don't know, I'm chewing on this and I think it's possible that town!you might believe this but I'm still not sold that town!you believes
other people
can believe this. Like you really think your scum game is so noticeably weak in that regard (even if we say specifically from an elected/important position) that you'd be an easy sort? Do you have an example game where you failed to play well from such a position as scum?
well for one, prism's guardians of the fortress is a prime example of me going ballistic townie under an important position, and lukewarm and baltar are both players that played in that game. so i think at the very least, those two would be able to tell the difference, even if there is nobody else immediately familiar with it. and also i think you would probably be able to tell too, because my mindset when posting in hoods as town is kinda similar.

i don't have an example of such a scumgame, i'm just assuming i'd be bad at it because i know i struggle convincingly faking paranoia towards people that know me, and that position would be require faking paranoia to the max.

i do recall saying something along the lines of "i'll townspew in a way i know scumtisi can't replicate" in guardians as well.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Datisi »

like, i don't really care if other people people believe that *right now* - if i'm elected king, it's most likely going to result in a flurry of paranoia that people are gonna townread anyway.
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmm hmm hrmmmm

do you think you can townspew like that before actually being elected? :P
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Dannflor »

Adante what was your motivation for writing 59
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Datisi »

well i will certainly try! :P

what gives you a lamist vibe about my first post?
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Dannflor »

Mastina why did you call my opening post scum but also discuss me as a potential King target

I feel like you always place strong stock in your absolute first impressions of people
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

So, electing royalty.

I'm down to be Queen, simply because it gives me a position to solve from that I'll be able to work with. As I understand it, as Queen you're not killable if your kingsguard is town?

So I'd be looking to form a town block Day 1 and not execute, if Queen. It's more valuable to see who suspects what, form a small council and a kingsguard and see if I survive to the next day and vig day 2.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Andante »

In post 104, Datisi wrote:
In post 102, GuiltyLion wrote:why not vote Andante here?
don't open if your name is andante:
Spoiler:
i don't want town-andante to be king, if there are other potential options. i don't actually think her reads are great, and i think town-her is very impulsive and possibly wouldn't listen to the rest of town when making decisions. though still a better choice than a scum king obviously.
my name is andante... and I opened it :)

but like yeah 100% I know me being CALM and logically thinking through reads almost never happens, this is kinda why I was like "hmm UNO instantly wants to vote me as king? just cause I went ayyyy this sus!!" if I'm remembering correctly, UNO played a game with me where I put in very little attention, so it's like, why do you want me as king if that's the version of me you played with.... I know I'm obv town when I am town, and I know giving me the sole power to kill someone is a terrible idea lol

I'm kinda still thinking about UNO instantly voting for me as king right as I showed up, and then seeming to just echo thoughts of others, such as this 7 thing like, ok who cares we're moving on, there's like 20 other people you could be talking about right now yeah idk, UNO kinda sus

ok bye I'm gone again. I saw the "ANDANTE MUST READ" and took that as "ok project break!" woooo back to... projects ._.

- dragon oh dragon... where are you...I wanna see a dragon!!!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 113, Datisi wrote:well i will certainly try! :P

what gives you a lamist vibe about my first post?
I guess it was mainly that the stuff you were saying like "we should elect someone we think is town" or that the execution is "potentially scumsiding in scum hands" felt really obvious to me so explaining it felt pointless and stiff, like scum thinking their first post needs to be a Clear Thought Process on the mech

that said, I've now come up with an alternate explanation where you are more directly arguing with Mastina, especially if you think I was buying/accepting her proposal, where it makes a little bit more sense to say those things
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Andante »

In post 112, Dannflor wrote:Adante what was your motivation for writing 59
I thought Junko was mafia so I gave yall my thoughts. Just dumped them here. Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Andante!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 117, GuiltyLion wrote:I guess it was mainly that the stuff you were saying like "we should elect someone we think is town" or that the execution is "potentially scumsiding in scum hands" felt really obvious to me so explaining it felt pointless and stiff, like scum thinking their first post needs to be a Clear Thought Process on the mech
the thread climate when i entered seemed to be agreeing with "let's lock the choices in between these three people because they're Good Players, despite us having zero reads on any of them!!", at least it was fmpov. "can we prioritize picking someone who is town rather than someone who is good at mafia" didn't feel really obvious.
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Maybe. I'm not minding the votes at the very least.

I considered voting andante king, but andante is also LOL loose cannon sometimes as town, so idk.

Still catching up, but also making a note if dann ever flips scum, there was probably a coordinated effort by scum in the king nominations. The dann is boring/rationale, ergo king logic is a little flimsy for my taste given idk if he had even posted yet at that point?

I kind of liked mastina's post, but they're like good and shit
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 119, Datisi wrote:
In post 117, GuiltyLion wrote:I guess it was mainly that the stuff you were saying like "we should elect someone we think is town" or that the execution is "potentially scumsiding in scum hands" felt really obvious to me so explaining it felt pointless and stiff, like scum thinking their first post needs to be a Clear Thought Process on the mech
the thread climate when i entered seemed to be agreeing with "let's lock the choices in between these three people because they're Good Players, despite us having zero reads on any of them!!", at least it was fmpov. "can we prioritize picking someone who is town rather than someone who is good at mafia" didn't feel really obvious.
yah I think I interpreted the beginning climate of the game as "King nominations have to start somewhere, let's talk about who would be good in a vacuum" whereas you seemed to think it was more certain that we would only be choosing amongst Mastina's suggested 3 for the Good Player reasoning, so I think that's where us being on different wavelengths came from, I have much less of an issue with that post now
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 86, Datisi wrote:i have a very silly and probably very wrong reason to townread baltar
In post 89, JunkoChan wrote:now I get the feeling that Andante is town cuz I can see where they are coming from, and UNO could be mafia spotting LHF?
In post 99, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Carrots are good for putting in holes.
Hi we haven't played together. Do you usually just shitpost in games?

They also grew in one.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Classic MS working real well
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 99, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Carrots are good for putting in holes.

They also grew in one.
Hi, we haven't played together. Do you usually shitpost as town?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”