Newbie 2057: Mars! - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by six pomegranate seeds »

D1 read like wheme and creative distancing to me, partners can agree with each other but I find it super weird that Wheme and creative seemingly disagreed with everything.

I also think Wheme's PR read was really bizarre and that supposedly being the reason he was so sure on creative was really weird. Idk how you're seeing it as genuine he can't really explain it at all
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i agree that the pr read was bizarre but like idk i'm not sure wheme can explain it better as either alignment
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

honestly want to hear from kaz more than anything else rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:31 pm

In post 1076, skitter30 wrote:i agree that the pr read was bizarre but like idk i'm not sure wheme can explain it better as either alignment
I still think it's whemestar I'll probably look over the game again tomorrow. This isn't really a satisfying answer.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

sorry - i think this is just sort of his playstyle tho.
like idk if he can articulate it
Show
Hiatus once more.

six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:51 pm

In post 1079, skitter30 wrote:sorry - i think this is just sort of his playstyle tho.
like idk if he can articulate it
So he basically has a scum siding playstyle.

"Idrc about convincing seeds I’m not scum I think I only need to convince you." I have no idea how this comment comes from a town perspective. At all. How does this comment make any sense?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i don't know what it means as either alignment honestly
Show
Hiatus once more.

six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:57 pm

And you say that Wheme has a reactive, passive playstyle. I don't really think that's true because I read his logs d1 and d2 he was proactive in pushing Pooky d1 and pushing Creative in d2 he demonstrated a desire to solve a desire to figure out the next vote. Today he's not really expressing opinions or making conclusions he's posting a lot but saying almost nothing other than occasionally I thought it was skitter. Maybe seeds is prisming me.

Then he's also asking questions about things like the ISO. He can read you know, all he has to do is go back a few pages to see what I wrote about it. He's asking dumb questions and not using the answers in any way. He doesn't seem interested in figuring out who the partner was which is the purpose of this day.

Kaz at least seemingly made up his mind. Wheme is just like, I'll leave the thinking to tomorrow and meme post a ton. What are you going to discover tomorrow that you haven't already seen? Wheme honestly seems more disinterested on this day than he did previously in the game which to me makes sense if there's really no mafia for him to find and he's just posting to wriggle his way out of being the sus tomorrow.
six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:01 pm

In post 1081, skitter30 wrote:i don't know what it means as either alignment honestly
It means from town alignment he is oblivious to the fact that even if mafia night kills me his biggest TR Kaz has said out loud that he might just sheep what I say and Wheme will auto lose in final 3, yet he still just wants to end the day. Or he ends up in final 3 with me and auto loses.

From a scum alignment, he's just trying to get Kaz to vote with him onto skitter and has given up trying to convince me. It makes sense he wants to end the day early in this alignment just to shut me up from telling everyone to vote him.

I'll probably try to come back and recheck the game with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

fair enough
really want to hear kaz's response honestly
Show
Hiatus once more.

six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:07 pm

One last question what do you think are the most clearing moments for Wheme from you POV skitter?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-7

So, the question of whether there is microbial life on Mars is germane to human exploration there. We know there are organic compounds on the planet, which are the buillding blocks of terrestrial life. We know there is liquid water. There is atmosphere, but not much. The conditions for life exist, but is there life?

CreativeName
(2): WhemeStar, Kazyan

Not Voting
(3): skitter30, six pomegranate seeds, CreativeName

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: March 22, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-03-21 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The replacement rules for Newbie games mean that the weekend counts as a single day for prod purposes, but this game day would end before prods could go out. For this reason, I'm going to add a day to the deadline, and go ahead and issue a needed prod.

Kazyan has been prodded.

Revised deadline: March 23, Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2021-03-22 21:00:00)
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Kazyan »

O hai.
In post 1014, skitter30 wrote:Also: why so you suddenly feel a lot better about your scumhunting ability here? I noticed as i'm reading your that you have a consistent underlying of creative that you never really push - you vote him, sure, but you hop off shortly thereafter. You did this about three times up until this point, voting him without really pushing him or trying to gain traction, and shortly thereafter hopping off

Reading now this pattern looks partner-y to me: lightly pushing a buddy, but never to a flip

And since just before the above quote creative claimed pr, and you'd been saying for most of the game up until this ppint that you scumread him, i donf follow why you're now saying you feel good abt your scumhunting ability? If creative's claim had been true, you would have been wrong to scumread him, no?
about this. What you see as failure to commit to bussing a buddy is really me being indecisive between two options, Creative and SAMCRO. (This excludes the initial vote-and-unvote from me breaking RVS. I don't know what to tell you about that one, besides that it's what it looks like on face value: I caught a whiff of LAMIST, but then Creative adjusted his tone, so I started doing other things.)
In post 1015, skitter30 wrote:
In post 675, Kazyan wrote:I get the sinking feeling that if we're narrowing down the suspect pool to Skitter and Whemestar, I'm going to wake up tomorrow with you dead and the whole game will come down to whether I'm right about Whemestar. I know I got Creative right so I
should
have this, but I'm scared
Where did this read scumread even come from? It almost popped out of nowhere midday2
It came from , when I reviewed all of the pairings and found that Whemestar was a possibility based on the events of the game. There are several posts of mine after that, and before the one you're quoting, in which I bring up Whemestar. I thought I shared my thought process on that.

Both of the answers you're demanding of me are in the ISO you reviewed, in close proximity to the things you're claiming don't make sense. This leads me to believe you don't believe the explanations I've given and want me to give new ones, which is a bummer, because I'm not going to bother with a lie that better fits a narrative when I've already told the truth.

Are there other questions for me to answer?
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Kazyan »

In post 1038, WhemeStar wrote:all I gotta say is means scum doesn’t want creativentonfakenclaim tracker and I don’t grt why you would ever think we are partners I’ve scumread him all game and now that I know I’m right I’m so confident in my rewds but it kind of tilts me that I’m getting scum read for them.
I really don’t know how scum anymore I’m just confident in creative scum
Also, this is scum. Let's be real, here: if you're asked to choose between Skitter, Seeds, and Kazyan as scum, but say you have "no idea", you're not coming at this from a town perspective.

Skitter is confirmed town. She is the only one holding up the Let's Just Kill Whemestar push, and Creative is at E-1. Scum!Skitter's win condition requires two posts, here: make up some crap about being convinced by Seeds's arguments, hammer Creative, nightkill Kazyan (or Seeds; doesn't matter which), and in Day 4, just wait for Seeds (or Kazyan) to vote town!Whemestar like they say they're going to do, followed by hammering. Scum!Skitter has a button labeled "press to win game" and is not pressing it. Scum!Skitter does not exist.

Seeds, meanwhile, is almost certainly town due to hyper-solving, but I didn't have to tell you that.

If Whemestar were actually town, he would have realized at least one of those things. One is cerebral, and one you can determine intuitively. But he knows neither--because he's just floundering scum.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Kazyan »

In post 1089, Kazyan wrote:Skitter is confirmed town. She is the only one holding up the Let's Just Kill Whemestar push, and Creative is at E-1. Scum!Skitter's win condition requires two posts, here: make up some crap about being convinced by Seeds's arguments, hammer Creative, nightkill Kazyan (or Seeds; doesn't matter which), and in Day 4, just wait for Seeds (or Kazyan) to vote town!Whemestar like they say they're going to do, followed by hammering. Scum!Skitter has a button labeled "press to win game" and is not pressing it. Scum!Skitter does not exist.
While I'm at it, this actually applies to Scum!Seeds and Scum!Kazyan, too.

If Seeds is scum, Creative could self-hammer, and then Seeds could shoot Skitter and win the game with me via eliminating town!Whemestar.

If Kazyan is scum, Creative could self-hammer, and then I could shoot Skitter and win the game with Seeds via eliminating town!Whemestar.

See? But this makes no sense for a Whemestar partner: Creative and Whemestar would want this to run as long as possible in order to have as much time for doubt as possible. And it's
working
. The only possible partner that makes sense with the lack of a self-hammer is, in fact, Whemestar. Q.E.D.. Game solved. Hammer him already.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Kazyan »

If I have to make a single extra post in this game that isn't just a naked Whemestar vote on Day 4, I'm going to be annoyed.
CreativeName
CreativeName
Goon
CreativeName
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by CreativeName »

In post 1090, Kazyan wrote:While I'm at it, this actually applies to Scum!Seeds and Scum!Kazyan, too.

If Seeds is scum, Creative could self-hammer, and then Seeds could shoot Skitter and win the game with me via eliminating town!Whemestar.

If Kazyan is scum, Creative could self-hammer, and then I could shoot Skitter and win the game with Seeds via eliminating town!Whemestar.

See? But this makes no sense for a Whemestar partner: Creative and Whemestar would want this to run as long as possible in order to have as much time for doubt as possible. And it's working. The only possible partner that makes sense with the lack of a self-hammer is, in fact, Whemestar. Q.E.D.. Game solved. Hammer him already.
I have no partner therefore this working out is invalid :oops:

However I do agree whemestar is likely scum, tbh from my PoV it's you and whemestar since I haven't been hammered yet meaning scum can't get their buddy to hammer
CreativeName
CreativeName
Goon
CreativeName
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by CreativeName »

VOTE: Wheme I'm voting wheme because I think it's him, hammer me if you want or hammer wheme if you think it's him, but hammering me is an instant loss, If I was scum why did I not quickhammer myself ages ago to stop you guys talking? Answer because I am not scum, If you can't figure out a workable scum combo of me and another player then it means it's probably not me. also Why has scum not hammered me yet, it's a free win, maybe because both scum are voting me atm and are trying their hardest to convince town to hammer.
six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:18 am

In post 1090, Kazyan wrote:If Seeds is scum, Creative could self-hammer, and then Seeds could shoot Skitter and win the game with me via eliminating town!Whemestar.

See? But this makes no sense for a Whemestar partner: Creative and Whemestar would want this to run as long as possible in order to have as much time for doubt as possible. And it's working. The only possible partner that makes sense with the lack of a self-hammer is, in fact, Whemestar. Q.E.D.. Game solved. Hammer him already.
I was going to bring this point up but thought it would encourage creative to self hammer so I didn't LMAOOOO.
six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:19 am

And I'm just going to say ignore all of Creative's postings it's purely WIFOM.
six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:44 am

I do think there is a chance Kaz can be mafia. Maybe it is true that Wheme pushing Creative into tracker claim is suboptimal for mafia and Creative feels fine doing it because Kaz already put his vote down early on Creative. Rereading d2 Creative was super antagonistic towards me and wheme, and it's plausible that he is just being antagonistic indiscrimintlely towards anyone who TRs SAMCRO. There was also a post where I asked Creative if he thought Kaz was scummy on d2 but Creative ignored it.

But to me mafia have a tendency to like to push one scum one maf so they can at least point back to something they said sussing their partner.

I'll probably reread Wheme D3 but honestly it seemed like he wasn't picking up on anything that was going on and when I asked him if Kaz can still be mafia and he said no it read as he is just scum who can't read the room anymore. It's either that or he's town who is no longer paying attention. I'm going to try to compare Wheme's d2 to d3 because they feel super different to me.
six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:56 am

Also if you think the whole thing skitter was setting up creative to be bussed I think the 90s posts interactions such as post from creative before creative really had any pressure on him reads as him distancing from whemestar in case whemestar ends up being the one who gets voted first. I think Creative's instinct on d1 is to at least lightly distance from his partner.

Maybe forum meta is different idk.
six pomegranate seeds
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
six pomegranate seeds
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:58 am

In post 1091, Kazyan wrote:If I have to make a single extra post in this game that isn't just a naked Whemestar vote on Day 4, I'm going to be annoyed.
I have no idea why you would take this attitude as town you should be willing to talk to you TRs and try to get them to vote the way you think is correct.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

i'm not sure i find kaz's answers to be that satisfying tbh

i think we're getting close to deadline and should probably be wrapping up the day tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”