Newbie 1819 | Cats | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by saad »

This game's gone. Aristo being universally TR because 'his ATE is good' is disgusting. Let's dismiss his scummy predecessor and the fact he scumhammered Plot after announcing a flaky scumread that seemed to come out of nowhere despite hard TRing him D1 and going into depth about it. Mafia can contrive tells so easily, votes are a better way to determine someone's alignment. I really wanna hard lynch RC so much but I can't cos he's town. Also Aristo's read progression on me today is shit. I went from slight scumread to hard scumread in the space of 2 posts and now he townreads RC for some reason (probably because RC's townread on me is waning) and wants me dead because I'm the unanimous scumread at the moment. It seems to me like Aristo is using RC's townread on him to his advantage so he can control the play.

RC can you please rethink your TR on Aristo? Like I don't get your townread on him at all. It's really annoying.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by saad »

Analyzing WhyMafia now.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 pm

Post by saad »

Spoiler:
whymafia - 238 - pretty bad - Didn't like this post and specifically this bit
and that he's giving the illusion that he's contributing to town. Additionally his reads are all over the place, and he has no inclination to convince there why they should vote his scum reads
. Giving the illusion? I don't like how he seems so set in his mind that acid is scum here already. "Illusion that he's contributing" implies that he's trying to look town. I mean I think Acid did contribute a little bit, in his own weird way so this seems off.

269 - good 270 - good - I liked these posts because I was thinking the same thing as WhyMafia here and I didn't like the points Plotinus raised at all.

367 - bad - "I guess this make sense, but it seems overdone", "I get that you're re-analyzing everything, but once again, I feel like you're trying to give the appearance of genuine scum hunting." - These seem like safeguarding posts (putting a positive alongside a negative) which is a scum play and I think the manner of these posts don't scream town paranoia/confusion. "You're banking your read onto something that your scum read can't respond to. " - this post seems like he's already sorted Plot out as mafia in my mind, but is only softly alluding to it? Doesn't want to hard push this read too much maybe?

433 - good and bad - I like Plot posts before cases and Plot case on Atax. I could see town having this thought process and this "Don't agree with this. A) Using "reliable" scum tells always makes me wary in the first place" I liked. I didn't like Plot read on me. "Lol can't wait to see your face when I flip town. I'm used to people calling my cases bad. I've never seen anyone compliment one of my cases. I found his scum read of me puzzling so I was trying to interrogate him to find his thought process. I was interested in sorting Wheme. Another blatant mis-rep. Keep it up. " - Arrogance, again already seems to be softly alluding to the fact that he's sorted Plot out as one of his scumreads. I don't honestly see a town saying, "I can't wait to see your face when I flip town!" It seems reactionary. i think normally a town here would question why Plot scumreads him or something. Also does that post also seem like he knows Plot is town or am I reaching a bit here? He's saying he can't wait to see how he reacts. Why would mafplot care if WhyMaf was lynched and he was town? "How is this a town tell???" I agree with Plot that misinformed players is a towntell, why do you think otherwise?

482 - bad - Safeguarding, "Hi Ari. I still don't see what you mean by Plot in those two posts. Like I get what you mean, but I can see scum making that too. But maybe I'm stupid", just a genuinely awful post.

540 - good - I shared these concerns about Nancy and I liked WhyMaf's push on her. I liked the questions he asked to her.

633 - bad i think - "VOTE: Wheme
I can see this flipping scum, based on the comments on Peaches/Wheme + my own opinions of him, but I can see it flipping town because of a newbie game I just played with him where he played nearly identical, got universally scum read, and got mis-lynched" - he's voting someone he's basically unsure of for some reason. Also it's known for scum to hop on different bandwagons and the Wheme BW never really took off.

647 - bad - asking the player he scumreads who she thinks we should lynch.

649 - bad - then scumreads her 2 posts later again.

764 and 767 - look bad now - hopped onto 2 wagons. Granted they were scummy at that point of the game but now we know they're town it looks scummy.

830 - questioning this - I wanna know where the soft cop claim is. Also why were you softclaiming cop specifcally? Why not another PR like doc or tracker for example?

878 - bad, read makes no sense - These two aren't a team IMO based on D1 votes. Seems like a partner read made up on the fly. Both were the most scumread players too at this point.

907 - dont like this - "Ugh I'm split between voting acid/Ari. I see the merit in both. Plot and Nancy both town read him though" Why does this matter?

909 - good - Aristo's progression was shit and I liked how WhyMaf pushed this.

941 - good tone -" It's not you. I'm completely conflicted. The guilt over my bad reads on nancy + plot combined with my history of screwing over LYLO makes me want to trust their reads. But then my brave side is telling me to vote Ari" I liked this tone. WhyMaf seems paranoid here.

947 - good too - "FFS I FEEL POCKETED NOW" good tone again.

1031 - maybe good, paranoid feel but could be a scum shift play - "Fuck i don't like saads recent posts"

1080 and 1081 - bad - "How is this a thing though. If you were Town, you'd be horrified by what RC just did. Having said that, RC is smart enough to maybe plan that out ..?" safeguarding again.

pages 20-22 - don't like interactions whymaf and aristo

crush - 263 - bad 283 - bad 449 - good 460 - doesnt sit right 644 - not a great post, crush replaced during night??? 1061 - good, town probing? 1074 - good 1106 - bad
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by saad »

Luca and Aristo can't be scumteam right? Both were present with one vote on WhyMaf? If so Luca's 99% town.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by saad »

and whymaf is scum with Aristo.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 am

Post by saad »

yeah it makes sense. WhyMafia and Aristophanes scumteam.

VOTE: WhyMafia
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:37 am

Post by Luca Blight »

So I guess it's looking like ari/whyMaf or a radiant/Saad scunteam.

On my phone atm but will analyse soon.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Or it's whymafia Saad fypov: why write that off
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:43 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1207, RadiantCowbells wrote:Or it's whymafia Saad fypov: why write that off
Yes possibly.

What are your thoughts on Saads vote? It seems a bit sudden to me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think if scum he'd see the value in bussing
If town then I guess he townreads you? Vote was kind of weird like he knows that the dude is scum and wants to be sure he's on it.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 am

Post by saad »

Luca/Ari aren't a scumteam. I'm certain Aristo is scum, I'm sure Radiant is town based on D1 votes so he's maf by POE.

I'll be back later on.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 am

Post by Luca Blight »

@Radiant; Yes that makes sense. He's certainly put a bit of effort in lining up ari's lynch tomorrow.

I want to hear from the others first before I commit either way.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:15 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Ohey, look at me not hammering!

So either I'm town, like Ive been saying all along, or I'm scum woth WhyMafia. And I'm not scum with WhyMafia!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1199, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1198, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm saying that I don't think that you're locktown. I don't think I have ever said that you are locktown. Just that I'm deciding between you and Saad.
What if Ari (who is your biggest townread) won't agree to a lynch on WhyMaf, would you compromise on Saad?
We've only got 3 days left! This is a far better position now!

Luca/Why makes no sense. Saad or RC bussing right now would though. Is it Saad/Why???

Luca prolly conf, I'm conf, RC prolly conf
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Saad Why has to be it!

I die tn, but make sure you make the right lynch tomorrow! We can do this!

VOTE: WhyMafia
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Let's think this through.

Saad bus makes no sense here because I wasnt going to vote Why. Thats why ut is the perfect scum vote! Scum would never bus here, so he will get all of the towncred!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I can only be scum with Why and thats not a thing, plus Ill die TN
Luca/Why ppssible, otherwise he conf'd by not hammering. RC/Why or RC/Saad is maybe a thing? But I dont think RC is scum anymore! This leaves Saad as Confscum with WhyMafia!

We got this!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Amd the read switch from Saad onto Why really really sucks!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:25 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Like he didnt want to bus then had to!
Because if not time might run out and he get deadline lynched!
- Jingle
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:29 am

Post by saad »

uhhhhhh I think I messed up.
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:30 am

Post by saad »

Maybe I looked into the d1 votes on Acid/Radiant too much and got too romantic with my TR. I should have pushed him more on his Aristo TR.

Is the game locked or can I unvote?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1220, saad wrote:Maybe I looked into the d1 votes on Acid/Radiant too much and got too romantic with my TR. I should have pushed him more on his Aristo TR.

Is the game locked or can I unvote?
Nice try, yo! Didn't we already mention D1 that once a hammer is down it is set? No other votes or unvotes count?

And now youre kust backpedaling to save face! Nice try!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 35, saad wrote:A quick question. If everyone votes and there is a majority (of say 3 votes) does that lunch go ahead? Just asking because normally it's a majority of 5 to lynch.
In post 36, Plotinus wrote:5 to lynch. If the biggest wagon has 3, that means 6 people still don't want that wagon lynched, so 3 doesn't count as a majority.
Oh, I misremembered.

You have been really worried about locking in hammers all game though.
- Jingle
saad
saad
Goon
saad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:37 am

Post by saad »

So there's 5 players, and we have reached a majority of 3 votes, so this is locked isn't it.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:43 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Official vote count 3.Final

lynching

WhyMafia
(3): RadiantCowbells, saad, Aristophanes
Not Voting
(2): Luca Blight, WhyMafia

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

The day 3 deadline
:
(expired on 2017-09-24 23:00:00)
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”