Newbie 1811 | Plants! | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 1373, Plotinus wrote:
In post 1371, Draynth wrote:well played by the way guyy, you got lucky with the claim though! hit a 1/6 chance... unless my maths is still wrong
1 in 4. They started out knowing they had two goons so the setup had to be either:

doc tracker
tracker bp
cop
jk

his claim of "some kind of pr" on day 1 works in 6/6 setups. his claim of "not investigative" works in 2/4 setups too because when there are two goons, the cop doesn't know if there's a doc or not, the jk doesn't know if there's a bp or not. he would've ran into trouble in doc/tracker or tracker/bp (maybe not right away if the doc-or-bp thought he was a tracker with "didn't go anywhere" and the tracker thought he was a doc-or-bp, but eventually when there were 3 claims he would've been in trouble.)

claiming doc-or-bp would've been safe in 2/4 setups.

the roleblocker setups are ruled out entirely because they didn't have one, but his claim wouldn't have been safe in either of those.
Makes sense, thanks for explaining :)
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Virtuoso »

I wonder if we should start policy lynching doctor claims if they claim after a cop and before a roleblocker is lynched
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

For whatever newbies remained in this game, this was an especially poor game and MS is better than this. I hope you give it another shot.
In post 1376, Virtuoso wrote:I wonder if we should start policy lynching doctor claims if they claim after a cop and before a roleblocker is lynched
Nope!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

GG scum team. Props to Dunkers d3 WIFOM.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 am

Post by TesXX »

Wait
claiming to be someone's scum partner is force replacable?
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Virtuoso »

In post 1379, TesXX wrote:Wait
claiming to be someone's scum partner is force replacable?
Certain mods have that ruleset. I personally do not and do not like that rule.

Many people "joke" about being scumbuddies and I don't see anything wrong with it. I've done it before.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1349, plantsy wrote:WhemeStar, you did pretty well with your investigate. Next time you should crumb your results better.
I think his fake crumb of Dunker was fine. I don't think that he crumbed the innos on me and TB.

I think all this was a fairly well-played game by both sides.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 am

In post 1381, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1349, plantsy wrote:WhemeStar, you did pretty well with your investigate. Next time you should crumb your results better.
I think his fake crumb of Dunker was fine. I don't think that he crumbed the innos on me and TB.

It really wasn't man.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Virtuoso »

In post 1382, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1381, Nero Cain wrote:

It really wasn't man.
Agree. You going apeshit and self hammering and my death tunnel on you and Draynth = poorly played game from town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 am

I didn't say names, don't make this about me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

well I meant the rest of the town. Like I felt aphix and Draynth did well and me and you and Wheme.

Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

Post by Virtuoso »

In post 1384, RadiantCowbells wrote:I didn't say names, don't make this about me.
I didn't make this solely about you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:18 am

In post 1386, Virtuoso wrote:
In post 1384, RadiantCowbells wrote:I didn't say names, don't make this about me.
Don't make it about me at all?

You were alive the entire game and managed to be a hard pusher of every single mislynch that the game saw and your one correct read was based off of a misinterpretation of Wheme's soft, and you softing a guilty on me only didn't get the cop to out and you quicklynched because they had an inno on you.
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Virtuoso »

In post 1387, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1386, Virtuoso wrote:
Don't make it about me at all?

You were alive the entire game and managed to be a hard pusher of every single mislynch that the game saw and your one correct read was based off of a misinterpretation of Wheme's soft, and you softing a guilty on me only didn't get the cop to out and you quicklynched because they had an inno on you.
I mentioned my faults to.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 am

That's no different from trump supporters saying 'YEAH TRUMP DID SOME THINGS BAD BUT HER EMAILS HER EMAILS 33000 DELETED EMAILS.'
guyy
guyy
Goon
guyy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by guyy »

like 90% of what swung the game for scum was rc paranoia

so it's understandably not the same because the only thing rc did wrong really was not want to deal with that shit anymore
guyy
guyy
Goon
guyy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by guyy »

like even day 1 that was a huge thing. nero actually cited it as reason for the tictac hammer
guyy
guyy
Goon
guyy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by guyy »

and then they both flipped town and nothing really changed lol
guyy
guyy
Goon
guyy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by guyy »

like my first post in scum pt included this lol
rc- i can't decide if it would be funnier to kill him or to try to make people think he's the one killing. i don't really know how to even begin with getting into his head lol. maybe you have some knowledge on that. it's possible with people's rising paranoia about him as the game goes on that his attitude might do our work towards pushing the lynch towards him for us

in any case, i played around with the idea of him being a pr but i think he is probably vanilla. in my head he feels like he'd draw a doctor/jailkeeper to targegt him though so i'm inclined to want to leave him around

he was trying to quickwagon you but it seemed like he thought other people were more likely. he was testing the waters a lot. he'll continue to be a strong presence but it might not matter so much. in any case, they can't kill both of us at the same time, so we have a bit of time
and then we literally didn't even have to vote hahaha

i thought i was so for sure dead i was totally going to hammer him myself but didn't have the chance to before he did himself
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:30 pm

In post 1393, guyy wrote:i thought i was so for sure dead i was totally going to hammer him myself but didn't have the chance to before he did himself
if scum was off the wagon I was getting quickhammered.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF, I was actually town reading RC day 1 but then I got a little paranoid that he was pushing me with zero reason like he does as scum and when he finally did give a reason it was total crap.

My d3 vote was to see how he reacted and what would happen. His self hammer was really bad and not leaving any last reads was even worse. I wish you guys would stop being RC apologist and admit that he didn't help the town as much as he thinks he did.

guyy
guyy
Goon
guyy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by guyy »

RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1393, guyy wrote:i thought i was so for sure dead i was totally going to hammer him myself but didn't have the chance to before he did himself
if scum was off the wagon I was getting quickhammered.
especially since at that point i could have easily been backed into a corner. i had no reason not to quickhammer

my point really was that i disagree with nero/tb that your vote contributed to fucking town in any significant way

i want to play with you again where i'm not replacing in and there's not people doing policy shit to you. but you make me think in your head everyone sucks but you hahaha
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:44 pm

In post 1396, guyy wrote:i want to play with you again where i'm not replacing in and there's not people doing policy shit to you. but you make me think in your head everyone sucks but you hahah
I don't think so. I do sort of think everyone that was town and alive to day 2 onward was shades of bad though: but that's specifically the players in this lobby.
Nero's okay-good but couldn't read me if his life depended on it, but I explicitly think that neither Wheme/ThinkBig are good players.
Draynth I haven't seen enough to judge and I wouldn't presume to do so without knowing his play better. I can understand him scumreading TB here.

I question whether TB was actually misreading me or whether he's just trying to realize some sort of personal grudge but I don't know.
guyy
guyy
Goon
guyy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by guyy »

it's not that he didn't help the town

he was stubborn a little day 1 but he also gave you guys a lot of extremely on point information

he ignored a few questions, yes, but everything he was doing during the last tictac wagon was almost more useful work than a lot of other players all game haha

he didn't end up helping town because he got frustrated because town never listened to him day 1. and then the first thing that happened day 2 is he's put at L-1 within two hours

apologist? i don't think so. was he an asshole? yeah kinda. was he unhelpful as fuck when he hammered? hell yeah he was. would you have listened to him anyway? it didn't seem like it to me. was he helpful as fuck otherwise? yah he kinda tried to be most of day 1
guyy
guyy
Goon
guyy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by guyy »

^ t nero

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”