Newbie 1831 Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1374, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Sorry for vanishing, guys. Life ate me alive.

I'm taking a break from Mafia for a bit while I sorry it all. Blah.
Hang in there Sunny. We await your return with open arms and scumreads of you based on tone.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 1375, Impede wrote:
In post 1374, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Sorry for vanishing, guys. Life ate me alive.

I'm taking a break from Mafia for a bit while I sorry it all. Blah.
Hang in there Sunny. We await your return with open arms and scumreads of you based on tone.
I'm terrible scum. True story.
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1364, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Can acid or fferyllt or anyone else comment on what they like or didn't like from each player in how they played their alignment? Let's use Chardev's Commendation-Treason system LOL. Commendation is good play that you wish to see more of. Treason is bad play that you think could be improved.

Chardev, fferyllt, Porkens (
Treason: 0
Commendation: 0
)
fishbone, Everyone Else (
)
minir, Sunlit Diamond, silky (
)
Hongzi (
)
Impede (
)
Fykus (
)
humaneatingmonkey (
)
Raya36 (
)
acidphoenix (
)

I'll give mine after work lmao
This is just way too rigorous looking!

I think the people I haven' explicitly discussed are Chardev, minir, Sunlit Diamond, Fykus, Raya36 and acidphoenix. I'm a little reluctant to give advice to people I didn't actually play with, but I'll give it a shot.

Chardev, I felt like the main mistakes you made were in being too reactive to other players' suspicions at first, and then becoming too non-responsive. Dropping into the game every few days, not addressing any of the posts made to you, and also not explaining whatever stance/stance change you were making looked objectively quite scummy. You got a pass on most of your play because you were new to the game. The main thing to work on, I think, is in-game communication. Both alignments need to be able to communicate well, be persuasive at times, and allay suspicions.

minir had a really open and innocent game-approach. I think it would have been an interesting game with her presence among all the strong personalities.

Sunlit Diamond had strong analysis when they first replaced in, and during most of their catch-ups. I was sad that their time and mental energy for the game was at a low point by the time I had replaced in. I think they would have caught on to me if they could have put some time into the game.

Fykus played almost perfectly as a PR. He was low key, but quite decisive, and pushed the game with almost surgical precision. I put my thought process for trying to find the tracker into the mafia PR, and the main thing that threw me off his track was that his day 2 posts suggested he thought the other PR was a jailkeeper. This was a really nice obfuscation. I was impressed from the moment Raya flipped.

Raya and acidphoenix both were non-present enough to be mislynch opportunities, and that's my main feedback and I doubt either of them actually need it. Sometimes real life gets in the way of forum mafia, especially around the holidays and around midters/finals. Playing strongly enough to stay out of the mislynch pool as vanilla town really puts scum in a bind.

I thought monkey's play was strong and self-aware. The amount of gambiting was probably a little over the top for a newbie game, but I mostly think the next level play that happens in the newbie queue is due to the Matrix6 setup being so well exercised at this point.

One thing I like about this game is that the number of replacements wasn't completely insane and there were newbie players battling it out right up to the end. That's what this queue is for, and I'm always happy to see things work out that way.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »