Newbie 2059 - Scummer's Baking Championship (Baked Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 3-2

With 6 players alive, it will take 4 votes to eliminate.

catboi (2): skitter30, T3

Not Voting (4): WhemeStar, Catboi, GrandpaMo, JacksonVirgo

Deadline for Day Three: (expired on 2021-04-26 20:06:38)

Last edited by Cabd on Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1374, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1372, skitter30 wrote:Also there's the fact that catboi thinks its a confession: makes me think he has reason to believe its true, namely:
- he actually is scum
- with the deceased ahri
- and that he saw said fight between ahri/hog in the scum pt

but why would catboi risk that shit?
i mean just because it isn't a good idea doesn't mean he wouldn't do it anyways if he thought he got caught
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by catboi »

I can only admit the truth about how it looks to me, I don't have an explanation other than hand of glory being a troll account. I think it's just a wild and extremely unfortunate coincidence. Look at all the posts preceding that one:
In post 349, Hand of Glory wrote:
In post 242, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 240, Andante wrote:I'm hesitant to out my exact read on Pooky, but don't worry, I'm not ignoring him, I just have a very strong read that I'm not sure I want to out yet.

A quick run down of where my head is.

Andante - Town
Grandpa - Initial scum lean, but how Jackson jumped on the Grandpa fos is messing with my head, so I'm not too sure here right now.
Fizz - I'm not entirely sure right now, you had a line I kinda liked, my entrance read on you was real though, felt like maf.
Hand - I genuinely can't read Hand, the posts are way too analytical, not really about interactions?? idk, Hand is a later read
Ahri - Scum, unless Ahri decides to make an effort to try, they are either scum, or town playing towards scum alignment
Skitter - Scum lean maybe.. very slight lean - your reads this game are like complete opposite of mine, which feels weird, you TRed grandpa, then flipped when I called Grandpa maf, so it's like, idkk, could definitely still be town though!! I know I'll have a solid read on you later, you're not today's elim. I also have a reason I tr you.
Pooky - I will not out my stance on you yet. I'm 100% confident, but me outing this info right now is not helpful to town. You're also not going out the door today.
George - I have 0 read off the top of my head, I can't recall your lines.
Jackson - You got a little defensive over my entrance thing to direct the game somewhere, it wasn't even a legit push sooo. I hate the grandpa read from you lmao, I want your interactions with others.

TLDR- I'm just ready to end today with an Ahri vote
I really like this. More reason to town read you in my opinion. And yes I did question how many scum because this is my first time playing forum mafia and I was confused on where the setup was. I lowkey even thought this was going to be a regular opened setup and not actually closed. I now know there is always 2 mafia in the 9player newbie games. (I am not using the "I am new card" trust me, I know that can be a pain but I am willing to contribute and give other reads.)

Onto more clarification of my reads: I still scumread JV, and it isn't even the fact of what we were going about (I mean yea I obviously scumread them at that time) but there is even more; just lack of deep reasoning and logic given by other people here on our specific interaction. This means really giving just giving no reads or any clarity on reads just based on this specific interaction. For example as Andante said, Ahri didn't give any reads on it besides sheeping of what pooky said on how JV seemed more towny in the interaction. Like why? Give me a good reason on why JV seemed more towny that makes me want to trust your judgment? As town, I want to know why you townread other people (I am not even being biased as you know I have townread two people who scumread me in the beginning, I currently still townread Andante). Give me then just "Oh they are towny". That lack of interest of defense or even just looking at it and giving reasoning and logic, just makes JV more scum imo. If I am assuming JV is scum, then their most likely partner is Pooky here. If pooky flips town, then it is Skitter. If JV flips town, then it is Fizz. I don't know if that is good logic, but based on what I have seen and the interactions I have witnessed that is the most likely scenario here. But I doubt JV flips town here.
lmao

yeah might as well ask for a modkill and never return

no wonder you were always one step ahead of me, i didn't get it

i'm sorry everyone but i also think it was legendarily hilarious for everyone involved!
In post 350, Hand of Glory wrote:even me, ultimately, bc i didnt get you were all mocking me bc i was trying to decipher a puzzle i was setting up for myself

this is real satire
In post 357, Hand of Glory wrote:Oh shit, I think my #349 has been worded badly. Sometimes I do that. ("Distance. I don't like cozying up." for instance was a reminder to myself about the role, not a real self-description)

"might as well ask for a modkill" is missing the pronoun
I
, not
you
In post 358, Hand of Glory wrote:The "I fucking hate this game" line is outdated btw, it was when I was still assuming this to be an authentic game, but with a meta I hadn't caught up on until half the town had covertly aligned against me. I think I love this game and I think you've all loved it too, or you would have stopped me earlier. Right? Just the facts and logic.

Since I am the only scum, you were all town, and you were
all
amazing. Even if that might be "brownie points" (hey, it's the wiki that says to have your scumbuddy's back). I'll have more to say a bit later. If you want.

VOTE: Ahri

They're complete nonsense, hand of was already having a meltdown prior to that post.

And these are the ones after:
In post 369, Hand of Glory wrote:...but I also said that Andante "was kicking off the catgirl vs. eurosnob discussion", so maybe I'm actually more idiotic and biased than I'd thought.

I don't think I think women are dumber than men. Or less analytical. Or more emotional.

And the style on the private thread is different because I'm not really "analytical". I was trying to play it like that. But yeah. Very weak analysis as shown.
In post 370, Hand of Glory wrote:I didn't want to hurt you all.
In post 377, Hand of Glory wrote:Town Ahri could have D1 vig shot me.

I've heard of setups where you aren't always the role that you think you've been assigned. Or nobody knows how many mafia there are.

I wasn't lying when I said it was my first game of mafia online. There are mafia variants maybe that can be played on a rainy Sunday afternoon. 3-20 min. I've been in some of these, I think, they're always full of newbies though.

No way is Ahri an alt account, but that's neither here nor there.

I can't believe how it wasn't reasonable for me to read the entirety of Newb2057 when I heard of it, or remember Ahri's history better. I am sorry for that as well. It's what, 45 pages in total? Something around those lines.
In post 378, Hand of Glory wrote:No ofc I'm joking.

ahri is my alt shitpost account. I've been had.
In post 411, Hand of Glory wrote:
In post 302, GrandpaMo wrote: im not voting anyone. i explained my reads.

im pushing more of the jv and pooky narrative today and can vote skitter if i want to. there is still like multiple days left as pooky said and i want to optimize my time lmao
I mean, I still don't get it

VOTE: Hand of Glory
I think the entire thing here was just an attempted gamethrow against town by claiming scum :/
I actually don't like that being selectively interpreted.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by catboi »

Anyway, I'm still reading, I'll try to get full reads out for you all tomorrow.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i absolutely agree that a lot of what he's posted is utter nonsense

my problem is that one of his posts seems to be referring to specific conversations that very clearly didn't happen here,
and in that very post he all but claimed scum with osmeone we later found out was, indeed, scum

if not for that latter point i'd probably disregard this altogether, but given that ahri was in fact scum i dont' think i can ignore it entirely

and, in turn, i dislike that you're saying i 'selectively interpreted' something when i'm quoting a post where he literally claimed scum wiht the flipped scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1378, catboi wrote:Anyway, I'm still reading, I'll try to get full reads out for you all tomorrow.
just give up m8. its ok town wins gg.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

dont waste ur time to give reads when we already figured ur scum lol
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

by someone who threw for u lol
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1380, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1378, catboi wrote:Anyway, I'm still reading, I'll try to get full reads out for you all tomorrow.
Lol, I would if I were. Can't concede as town, though. Sorry~

I think you should basically always elim me today but I want to read and find the last mafia so you know who to vote tomorrow
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1383, catboi wrote:
In post 1380, GrandpaMo wrote:
Lol, I would if I were. Can't concede as town, though. Sorry~

I think you should basically always elim me today but I want to read and find the last mafia so you know who to vote tomorrow
damn catboi~!

ok i was just pressuring you more. honestly i think wheme is a better elim than you.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

well actually wouldnt optimal play be like elim skitter today and get u out tmr if sktiter flips town?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1383, catboi wrote:I think you should basically always elim me today but I want to read and find the last mafia so you know who to vote tomorrow
i would appreciate that in case i'm super super super wrong
Show
Hiatus once more.

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1386, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1383, catboi wrote:I think you should basically always elim me today but I want to read and find the last mafia so you know who to vote tomorrow

so catboi flips town then its up to me / wheme / t3?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1387, GrandpaMo wrote:

what benefit is that.. honestly a skitter / wheme kill here is way better lol
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i think that hog scumslipped and would vastly prefer him today
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

if catboi's town jv dies it's probably me/you/wheme/t3 f4 tomorrow, yes
we can always noflip get another kill and force a f3 if we want in that universe
Show
Hiatus once more.

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 3-3

catboi (2): skitter30, T3

Not Voting (4): WhemeStar, Catboi, GrandpaMo, JacksonVirgo

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1390, skitter30 wrote:

if catboi's town jv dies it's probably me/you/wheme/t3 f4 tomorrow, yes
we can always noflip get another kill and force a f3 if we want in that universe
this game would have def take a turnaround holy shit.

it went like from dull to interesting... t3 in f3 is scary. but i think i already know how the f3 will look like if catboi flips town honestly. and its gonna be a real scary one .. sheesh.

thank u for making my first game interesting lol
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1389, skitter30 wrote:i think that hog scumslipped and would vastly prefer him today

i mean yea . i rlly do wanna get them just for that. but what are the chances because like i thought catboi had a towny reaction and so thats why im having doubts and that u could actually be mafia just pinning that shit down.

honestly i could just be overthinking and we could just win the game rn if catboi flips mafia.

i do wanna hear from our confirmed, jv and their thoughts on this before i want to hammer
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by T3 »

hog had a strange fixation on Ahri, aside from the scumslip. I would vote this.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I read the thread and came to the conclusion that this flip needs to happen regardless of the fact if it's wrong. As this level of bullshittery from HoG in LyLo will end in a loss if they're Town.

VOTE: Catboi
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also take not that hammering this means I am gone
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:46 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

meme
VOTE: catboi
Im a dog that quacks
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 3-4

catboi (4): skitter30, T3, JacksonVirgo, WhemeStar

Not Voting (2): Catboi, GrandpaMo

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Cabd »

So. Much. Flan. A couple young bakers are attempting pies and tarts as well, but clearly the basics are winning the day here.

And amid the frenetic work, one baker is muttering to himself, "Gotta make it up to her, dump out these desserts, make that final three and win the magazine spread! Oh, and the twenty-five grand." He slides the filling out of one pie onto the counter. Then he circles back to dump the crust in the trash for good measure.

"Hey! You! That was my pie!" The targeted baker sighs. "At least I have time to make another one. But hey! Saboteur!" The raised voice gets the attention of the remaining four contestants, who arrive on the scene. When they see the wobbly custard form and the discarded crust, the mood grows ugly. As one, they move to the saboteur's stations and smoosh his flan, pour his caramel sauce down the drain, and take all the ingredients. And then his cooking utensils for good measure. Desolate, he has nothing to do but await judgment.

When the timer clicks to 0:00, Duff and Val make their grand entrance. Wearing egg hats, natch. "Let's see who ran away with this challenge!" exclaims Duff. Six plates are ready for judgment...but only five contain a tasty treat.

Val sighs in disappointment. "That's a shame. You could have at least put a lemon on a plate. That might have gotten you somewhere with me at least!"

Duff jumps in, "Another elimination for not making us dessert. What happened?"

The saboteur looks more defeated than mad. "They caught me. I guess this round goes to the genuine contestants. Well baked, compatriots." And he exits stage left.

Duff stands up and claps his hands. "Well, it seems you successfully identified the ringers here, kids!" he addresses the group. "I think we'll write this all up in the next issue of Food Network Magazine."

"And why don't you split the $25,000," adds Val. "It does divide into five parts so easily. And in the meantime, I still want to try these egg custard desserts. I'm not yolking!"

Amid the cheers, Duff and Val grab forks to dig in. Not a bad way to end a season. But...

"You know, Val, we didn't even get to do the Dessert Imposters challenge here!" Duff's entire face droops like a sad hound dog who's been told all the rabbits moved away.

Val pats his shoulder comfortingly. "Yes, that's true, but the kids found the real imposters. And I'll take you out for non-imposter pizza. You can even order it with bacon."

Duff perks up immediately. "Done! I know this great hole-in-the-wall dive that has the best crust! And the cheese is all melty..."

The camera zooms out on the tableau of gleeful children, Duff waxing poetic about pizza, and Val looking like she's regretting her life choices.

See you next season! And stay tuned for a bonus recipe posted tomorrow for a Very Important Holiday (no, not Earth Day, but yes, yes, we love the earth, don't litter).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”