inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 8:27 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I've been gone with bad access this weekend, but I'm back. A few have already said this, but Che Guevara does seem suspicious as a doctor.

So, are we going to all claim? Or, not?

unvote: Leonidas
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 9:19 am

Post by Maximumum »

There are only a few of us who haven't revealed our avatars. Would it help things if we all threw them out there?
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 9:24 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

We might as well. It should help us decide who to lynch.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 12:27 pm

Post by mathcam »

There are only a few of us who haven't revealed our avatars. Would it help things if we all threw them out there?
I'm not sure I'm
against
this plan, per se, but I also don't see it gaining us much...Max's post feels very much like scum who's got a safe claim to make, and is eager to get it out there in the open. Max aside, I do think scum won't have a hard time finding something reasonable to claim.

Cam
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 12:35 pm

Post by Quagmire »

1 - armlx [Leonidas]
1 - mathcam [Astronaut]
1 - Astronaut [mathcam]

6 to lynch!

Should I set a deadline for the day?
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by TBuG »

The reason I got suspicious of c_d and JereIC is because whenever I get a night message, it never says who it is from.

I think there should be a mass claim. Can't hurt much, and like cam said, scum would have a hard time finding a reasonable claim.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 12:48 pm

Post by mathcam »

Actually, I said I
don't
think scum would have a hard time finding a reasonable claim. There are a lot of avatars on this site, especially if we're to believe that someone like Gaspode's made it on the list (no offense to Gaspode if he's reading, but he's just not as prolific a player as many others on the site).

Whoa, I'm voting Astronaut? I think I'm confused about something...
Unvote: Astronaut
for now.

Cam
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 6:01 pm

Post by Maximumum »

mathcam wrote:I'm not sure I'm
against
this plan, per se, but I also don't see it gaining us much...Max's post feels very much like scum who's got a safe claim to make, and is eager to get it out there in the open. Max aside, I do think scum won't have a hard time finding something reasonable to claim.

Cam
I think you misunderstood my question. Whether that was intentional or not I'm not sure. I didn't say I was all for the rest of us claiming our avatars, I asked if it would help. InHimshallibe brought it up in the post before mine and I was trying to spark the discussion on whether or not it was a good idea.
I believe you are now contradicting yourself, mathcam. When asked earlier about revealing your avatar your reasoning for reluctance to do so was very clear...
mathcam wrote:But what's the point? To give scum one more avatar they know not to claim?
Cam
That has now changed to "I do think scum won't have a hard time finding something reasonable to claim". Which is it?
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2005 5:48 am

Post by Astronaut »

JereIC wrote:

I know that people usually are looking for the best interest of town when they are pro-town, but often people who are offering themselves up to be lynched are scum trying to look as non-chalant about the possibility of being lynched. If we're going to lynch somebody on that list anyway, I'd feel most comfortable about Astronaut.

FOS: Astronaut
I wasn't at all indicating that I volunteer to be lynched, I was just saying that although c_d's plan might not be foolproof, it does seem to be the best we've got to go with so far.

mathcam wrote: Whoa, I'm voting Astronaut? I think I'm confused about something...Unvote: Astronaut for now.
Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm voting for you?
unvote: mathcam
, even though I don't like the "..for now"-part of the quoted post :)

I'll claim if people want a mass claim.
Whoa, I'm voting Astronaut? I think I'm confused about something...Unvote: Astronaut for now.

Whoa, I'm voting Astronaut? I think I'm confused about something...Unvote: Astronaut for now.

[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2005 6:15 am

Post by Astronaut »

Whoops :oops:

Guess those Ctrl+V's worked after all, sorry about that...
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 2:39 am

Post by TBuG »

*Whacks self on head*

Personally, I would consider Gaspode's avatar one of the more recognizable, same with Snoopy, the Underwear gnomes, and MeMe's Eyes. I wouldn't recognize Che Guevara without the username, though.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 2:51 am

That's subjective though. For example, I have no recolection of the underwear gnomes (before my time?), I didn't know what Gaspode's was, Snoopy I'd associate with mlaker if it were months ago and Pinky now, and Che I'd normally associate with Maximus, but I'm begining to see it in connection with Stewie. Still, I'd personally think that any Stewie avatar would be of Stewie. Which makes me wonder if all the avatars are supposed to be current...
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 7:10 am

Post by mathcam »

Max, keep in mind that between those two posts of mine, there were probably at least a couple of claims. Each claim that's been made has made it just a little bit easier for scum to make fake claims. At this point, scum would have to get very unlucky to get trapped into a bad false claim, so I'm just saying that unless there's a clear pro-town incentive for revealing the rest of the roles, I'm not sure it's worth giving the mafia the extra information. Maybe I'm missing your question...could you explain what you think is contradictory? They both share the general philosophy of "Don't claim unless there's a good reason to."

Plus, even if there were a contradiction, I'm not sure what you think this would imply...I myself have already claimed, so it's not like I can get myself out of having to come up with a claim by shouting down this idea.

Finally, while I see what you were saying about your post 151, it still feels to me like you were eager to claim your role, which to me is pretty scummy.

Cam
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 10:51 am

Post by armlx »

The way roles have gone in this game, I think Avatars would reveal them. Che Gueverra is the exception though, so I will have to
Vote Chaotic Diablo
fpr the mismatch ability and that doc is so good for mafia to claim. Though there hasn't been a counter claim, so this may change.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 11:30 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Mismatch ability? What are you talking about?
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 12:47 pm

Post by Maximumum »

mathcam wrote:Max, keep in mind that between those two posts of mine, there were probably at least a couple of claims. Each claim that's been made has made it just a little bit easier for scum to make fake claims. At this point, scum would have to get very unlucky to get trapped into a bad false claim, so I'm just saying that unless there's a clear pro-town incentive for revealing the rest of the roles, I'm not sure it's worth giving the mafia the extra information. Maybe I'm missing your question...could you explain what you think is contradictory? They both share the general philosophy of "Don't claim unless there's a good reason to."

Plus, even if there were a contradiction, I'm not sure what you think this would imply...I myself have already claimed, so it's not like I can get myself out of having to come up with a claim by shouting down this idea.

Finally, while I see what you were saying about your post 151, it still feels to me like you were eager to claim your role, which to me is pretty scummy.

Cam
All I was pointing out was the fact that when asked to reveal your avatar (because your roleclaim was already out there and the avatar could be used to verfiy your roleclaim) your refusal was, in part, because you didn't want to give mafia one less avatar they could claim. From the sound of your posts it seemed like you didn't want to claim your avatar because it would narrow down the choices for mafia to false claim.
I thought that was odd because of the number of avatars on mafiascum I didn't see much harm in verifying your role with your avatar. Then StD reinterated that statement in his post. Your position seems that have changed. You are saying that there are plenty of avatars so false claiming would not be a problem for mafia no matter how many avatars are claimed. Do you see how the position seems to have shifted?

Granted, I do agree that we shouldn't give mafia any more information than is totally necessary. I never said I thought that a mass claim was a good idea or the right way to go. I simply asked if it would help. I wasn't advocating that move in any way. However, if the majority of players talked over the issue and decided that was the way to best flush out scum then I would have agreed to it. I certainly was never "eager to claim my role". If you don't agree with that could you please point out in my posts that makes you think I was?

OH, thank you StD! I knew someone else had used Che as their avatar before Stewie but I couldn't remember who it was. It was Maximus! That was bugging me.
The avatars that have been mentioned are all the current avatars of the players they represent, I think.
The only way I could see Che being a doc is using the "saving the people from oppression" kind of angle?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 3:51 pm

Mismatch
ed
is the word armlx was looking for, meaning doc != Che (That means not equal for those who don't speak Programming).

Underwear gnomes isn't current, AFAIK. Meaning if we get a claim of all current avatars, then Underwear gnomes would not seem likely.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 4:22 pm

Post by mathcam »

I don't know what you guys are talking about:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/profile.php? ... file&u=461

shows that the avatar is current. So an
FOS: StD
for that, and whoever it was that started that theory without checking first.
Max wrote:From the sound of your posts it seemed like you didn't want to claim your avatar because it would narrow down the choices for mafia to false claim.
I thought that was odd because of the number of avatars on mafiascum I didn't see much harm in verifying your role with your avatar. Then StD reinterated that statement in his post. Your position seems that have changed. You are saying that there are plenty of avatars so false claiming would not be a problem for mafia no matter how many avatars are claimed. Do you see how the position seems to have shifted?
Yes, but I contest that the change is slight, and due entirely to the change in the game status between the two times I made those posts. There are (and always have been) plenty of avatars to claim, but at the beginning of the game, it was dangerous for the mafia to try to make something up, because they had a decent chance of hitting one that someone else had. Hence my unwillingness to reveal. Now, while still possible, this is relatively unlikely to happen.
Max wrote:I certainly was never "eager to claim my role". If you don't agree with that could you please point out in my posts that makes you think I was?
I think I've already said a couple of times that I'm talking about post 151. I claim it sounds like eagerness to reveal, and you claim that you were sincerely asking the town what they though. I'm not sure what else there is to say on this, other than I think it's minor enough that it doesn't put you at the top of the scumometer list.

Unless we do decide to do the mass reveal, which I think I'm still against, I'm leaning toward lynching Che (I'm going to start referring to people by their avatar claim, since I apparently can't keep people straight in my head).

Cam
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

3/4 of Maximumum's posts are directly centered at mathcam, and the rest are split on a couple of lines for the, in my opinion, more "pressing" matters at the moment. mathcam's been just about the same way in defense, with maybe a bit more toward the other things happening in the game. Just a comment, maybe to be used later.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

3/4 of Maximumum's posts are directly centered at mathcam, and the rest are split on a couple of lines for the, in my opinion, more "pressing" matters at the moment. mathcam's been just about the same way in defense, with maybe a bit more toward the other things happening in the game. Just a comment, maybe to be used later.
Show

:

chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Maximumum wrote: OH, thank you StD! I knew someone else had used Che as their avatar before Stewie but I couldn't remember who it was. It was Maximus! That was bugging me.
The avatars that have been mentioned are all the current avatars of the players they represent, I think.
The only way I could see Che being a doc is using the "saving the people from oppression" kind of angle?
The only way that you could not see Che Guevara as possibly a doctor if you didn't know that he graduated from medical school, became a medic, AND taught at a medical faculty.

p.s. I have no idea who Che Guevara is
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 6:08 pm

Post by mathcam »

Hmm, so he did: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara

I had no idea.

Okay, so this takes away that argument...CD's off the hook in my book for the time being.

Cam
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2005 6:17 pm

Save The Dragons wrote:Underwear gnomes isn't current, AFAIK. Meaning if we get a claim of all current avatars, then Underwear gnomes would not seem likely.
You do know what AFAIK stands for, right? I didn't associate that with underwear gnome, but I think I get it now. I did check it a few times. Sorry if my picture of underwear gnomes happens to be a gnome wearing underwear. :P They're all current, my point is moot. It was me who stated that theory earlier, I believe.

InHim: You should see N105. I think the ratio of Max's posts directed towards mathcam to total posts is higher ;)
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2005 11:04 am

Post by TBuG »

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Lag ... onyms.html

AFAIK means As Far As I know for those who didn't know (me.)

c_d is officially cleared for me, but I'm getting suspicious of Maximumum.
Vote: Maximumum
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat May 07, 2005 1:57 am

Post by armlx »

Hmmm..... I stand corrected. Honestly I had no clue who the heck Che was, besides that he looked Cuban.

Unvote

Besides that, I think we are back to square one (well, before the claims) with our doc claimed. The only people I see as scummy are those that everyone does, Maximum and Mathcam. I'm leaning towards Maximum, but only because Mathcam has a solid claim.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”