Oz Mafia: Based on the HBO Series (Game Over)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Desperado »

I'm glad I saw one of Fish's PMs to Majiffy N1 by accident...this game was terrible
;)
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:32 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Honestly five teams of two that have to eliminate two of the other teams oh but ONE OF THEM IS A FUCKING CULT?

Of course the team that didn't have ELIMINATE THE MUSLIMS as one of their win cons won
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:33 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I will accept answers from either of the two mods.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Muslim QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/esyt7n3suu3q

GG!

I've never been in a cult before. I thought it would be over for my faction before it started because I'm a perennial N1K, but the multi-faction aspect of the game was pretty clear by mid-day 1.

I set up a personal QT where I was trying figure out the game set-up and stage info that I'd share with the cult. I stopped using it at the end of day 2 because the set-up was clear enough by then.

OGML, I suspected that your faction was looking for us, but I didn't know for sure if we had a nemesis because we didn't have eliminate any faction to win. We just had to reach a 3-1 ratio, which we managed mostly with Thor's help. I didn't want to kill Titus on night 2.

We had a lynchproof that we never used. In retrospect we should have made Levi lynchproof on day 4. I thought we would control the lynch that day, but Master Mew's no show put us in a bind.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Desperado »

Majiffy wrote:The mechanics and gameplay remain the same. The only thing that changes are that the preconceived notions of what does or does not constitute a game of mafia have been distorted.

There are still day and night phases, actions, factions, lynches, votes, etc.
Players are still required to use basic deductive skills, logic, and play towards their wincon.

The only difference is that there are multiple partially informed minorities and no fully uninformed majority.
"The only difference" is that it isn't Mafia anymore, which you correctly diagnosed in the first paragraph. The preconceived notions weren't distorted, they were destroyed.
;)
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:41 am

Post by DOMO »

Wow, I didn't think rift was recruiter. Recruited maybe. I'm surprised I wasn't recruited, seeing as I had a QT that could be used.

gg, this was a lot of fun.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:45 am

Post by DOMO »

Oh new page... I see Muslims had a QT anyway.

I had a feeling sven was a recruit when he said "I hate muslims", I was gonna bring that up today if we were still playing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

this was pretty fun but literally was a game on crack
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1680, DOMO wrote:Wow, I didn't think rift was recruiter. Recruited maybe. I'm surprised I wasn't recruited, seeing as I had a QT that could be used.

gg, this was a lot of fun.
You were enough of a fellow-traveler in the game thread that I didn't think we needed to recruit you. And we certainly weren't going to kill you. I think having you in the game as a 3rd party made it a lot easier to look harmless. And, tbh I mostly felt harmless, compared to all the warring factions. I figured I was doing most of the players I recruited a favor by making their wincons easier.

I toyed with the idea that you might be unrecruitable due to following a different god, which is another reason why I shied away from recruiting you.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Schillinger
Schillinger
Goon
Schillinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Schillinger »

Heheh, I had a bit of fun.

Whoever it was that came up with and then pushed 'Fake Vern' had me simultaneously cracking up laughing and mentally swearing vengeance.

Latino QT

As to the bastard element, I expected much worse - false flips, false wincons where our target factions didn't exist, DEFINITELY a cult (possibly two), you name it. The perfect breeding ground for paranoia!
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1682, Nachomamma8 wrote:this was pretty fun but literally was a game on crack
This.

Thanks for designing and running the game Majiffy and Khan!

Babel-17
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:08 am

Post by DOMO »

I would like to recruit DOMO before the game ends because he's been lonely and on his own all this time and he tried to send me messages and work with me on day 1.
That made me smile!

I think you were right to not recruit me actually, because you had effectively already done so. I was happy to work with whoever was the majority, so it suited me fine.

ftr I have no problem with cult mechanics in a game where the mod specifically states it might or might not be bastard.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:10 am

Post by DOMO »

DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:16 am

Post by DOMO »

Also I was very wrong about my biggest read in this game... I was certain smudger was lying about being survivor.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1688, DOMO wrote:Also I was very wrong about my biggest read in this game... I was certain smudger was lying about being survivor.
I thought Smudger was probably a survivor. If I could have been certain of at least a 3-1 outcome from Night 5, I wouldn't have poisoned him, and wouldn't have picked him for the lynch. I'm pretty glad all that prep and bloodthirsty premeditation wasn't needed.

Babel-17
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:57 am

Post by DOMO »

It was when he said "non aligned", that was a huge red flag for me. My wincon said "self aligned" and so I was convinced he was lying.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Heh. Well, if master mew had ever made an appearance after his recruitment the cult might have figured that out!

I was surprised that svenskt claimed SK-survivor, even though the original mechanic for his role made it near-impossible to kill anyone without some serious claims.

Babel-17
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:45 am

Post by DOMO »

My last night action was OGML, because I thought he might recruit me and our QT would be useful. I didn't want to get recruited to be honest, but had it happened I'd have wanted to win still so I would quickly accept it. I can understand why mew flaked but it's kind of against the spirit of the game imo to disappear if your alignment changes, especially in a potentially bastard game.

I'd like to thank jiffy for an entertaining game. I enjoyed it a lot over the last two days when I was actively trying to figure out what was going on.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Mew's last post was on Oct 27. He may not even know his alignment changed.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

So our bad for choosing him, I guess! I had wanted to recruit formerfish that night but was talked out of it. :igmeou:

I don't know for sure, but I assume that recruiting formerfish would have stopped the flow of one-shots, which would have been interesting. We saved both poisons and the lynch immunity for later in the game.

Babel-17
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I was lost during half the game.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

I thought I was lost, but I actually guessed right on a fair bit of the mechanics.

When Nacho entered day 2 with the take no prisoners attitude, it snapped most of the loose ends into place for me.

If you read the cult QT I was pushing to recruit or kill formerfish on night 2 because I thought his role controlled either the 1-shots, the riots, or both.

Babel-17
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1679, Desperado wrote:["The only difference" is that it isn't Mafia anymore, which you correctly diagnosed in the first paragraph. The preconceived notions weren't distorted, they were destroyed.
When you read the various QTs (and...maybe I even said it in thread) you'll see I agreed with you. It was an interesting game, but I don't really think it was mafia anymore. That said, it was probably the perfect sort of game to come from Majiffy as the optimal core strategy was just brutal wagoning of others while being standoffish and uncommunicative yourself ;)
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

truly majiffycent game. no suprises really. gg wp
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm surprised my style of play worked all that well. I didn't lurk. but I wasn't much of an influence in the wagoning
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”