Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia (Game Over)

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1674, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1670, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I thought I played well.
I think it's safe to say that with your standard play, you got a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lot more mileage out the innocent than some other players may have gotten.
well yeah, that's true.

i really
want
to stop being sour grapes, so i think i'll do that.

/shake hands. good game scumteam. farside and abr, i think you guys utilized your daytalk well and you did really well considering the ball and chain around your ankles that was actiondan. also, farside, you really knew the heartstrings to pull to get the cephrir mislynch.

don't feel bad about the lylo call, vezok; i know it was tough and, for what it's worth, i think you've really improved from your VI days.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1675, Antihero wrote:
I think it's safe to say that with your standard play, you got a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lot more mileage out the innocent than some other players may have gotten.
well yeah, that's true.

i really
want

/shake hands. good game scumteam. farside and abr, i think you guys utilized your daytalk well and you did really well considering the ball and chain around your ankles that was actiondan. also, farside, you really knew the heartstrings to pull to get the cephrir mislynch.

don't feel bad about the lylo call, vezok; i know it was tough and, for what it's worth, i think you've really improved from your VI days.
No such thing as sour grapes. Know why? Vengeance.

Go sign up for another game and get back in the saddle. :D
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

(Specifically another large theme game. That's being run by me. Certainly no other option will do.)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:48 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1675, Antihero wrote:well considering the ball and chain around your ankles that was actiondan
Targetting me was intended.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1678, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1675, Antihero wrote:well considering the ball and chain around your ankles that was actiondan
Targetting me was intended.
so you just happened to know the vig mechanic that made you essentially BP?

no. you got lucky.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I thought ABR was scum :(
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I don't get all the Action Dan hate. From what I gathered, he was busy irl so replaced out.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

He lurked all game. Blacklisted from all my games onward.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:49 pm

He's really not fun to play with.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Sory about disappearing///// After the rebbot the stupid site would let me log in. I would logi in than 3 sec later it would log me out. Than I moved and had no internet.....Really wanted to be part of this game. Was really invested in this game but circumstances would not let me continue. So yeah Sorry guys... felt like I really let my team down
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

also looking back I think my play was pretty bad.... Sorry about that also
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1682, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He lurked all game. Blacklisted from all my games onward.
suck my cock you cunt
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1686, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1682, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He lurked all game. Blacklisted from all my games onward.
suck my cock you cunt
Y'all are the nicest and most caring people I've ever met. :roll:
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I don't take kindly to figurative dicks
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 1687, Aronis wrote:
suck my cock you cunt
you're one to talk.

you threw your whole team under the bus based on your selfish spiteful impulse. that's disrespectful in my book.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 1684, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Sory about disappearing///// After the rebbot the stupid site would let me log in. I would logi in than 3 sec later it would log me out. Than I moved and had no internet.....Really wanted to be part of this game. Was really invested in this game but circumstances would not let me continue. So yeah Sorry guys... felt like I really let my team down
haha, these things happen fuzzy.

you actually did a really great job at signaling that you were town. kudos for that.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1689, Antihero wrote:
In post 1687, Aronis wrote:
suck my cock you cunt
you're one to talk.

you threw your whole team under the bus based on your selfish spiteful impulse. that's disrespectful in my book.
Yeah, maybe.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1675, Antihero wrote:
well yeah, that's true.

i really
want

Funny enough ABR was driving me crazy. He kept pushing me to do things I never do as scum.

But I totally used cephrir and dan interaction there. Considering I use interaction as town I thought it would cause on mislynch if dan was lynched soon
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:08 am

Post by The Goat »

I also DID protect you...twice...I should have figured something was up...you know, but I was so THROWN BY THAT COP CLEAR....
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Kdub »

I would like to thank borkjerfkin and Natirasha for helping me design/review this game, and bork for being my backup mod. Hopefully being my backup was as easy a job as it has been for me every time I did the same for him.

This game was pretty interesting to design, although the actual result didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I typically try to find a happy medium between having interesting and sensible roles while still being consistent with the source material. I think I was able to do that for many of the roles in the game. Roles like Malak, Traya, and Bastila, for example, had abilities that approximated their flavor-true powers. Of course, the downside of trying to strike that medium is that it affects game balance, and inevitably there will be some roles that are sort of shoehorned into the setup to compensate. I thought some of the flavor justification for certain powers might be questioned during the course of the game, but that ended up not being the case.

One thing I knew I wanted to do in this game was to make Revan and Surik safeclaims for the Sith. I even went as far as to give them a fake gameplay mechanic (the light side/dark side choice) that I thought the Sith could use to their advantage. This was mostly for meta reasons, as I feel that scum safeclaims in some of my past games have been a bit predictable in terms of the distribution/importance of the characters. I was hoping that at least one person on the Sith team would be able to see the value in the Revan/Surik safeclaims and be able to coordinate the team to take advantage of it, but sadly that wasn't the case. Even though it didn't play out, I guess I accomplished what I wanted since everyone knows about it now. So yeah, don't assume anything about my safeclaims in the future (or do so at your own risk).

In terms of game balance, I think in retrospect that the setup tended to favor the town. No one particular role was exceptionally powerful (by design), but the Republic had three investigative roles, a protective role, a killing role, a role to neutralize the Sith roleblock/ascetic, and then a commuter and vendor on top of that. While the Sith had roles to neutralize some of that power, I'm not sure if it was enough. If I had to make a change to weaken the town a bit, I'd probably nerf the Visas role or the Mical role. It's tough to fairly evaluate balance when a lot of the town PRs went down early and some other stuff happened, but that's my read based on this one iteration.

On to the game itself: Not much more needs to be said about the Aronis thing. This game is a perfect example of why faking investigation results is bad. If Aronis had guessed right and nailed ABR as scum rather than clearing him, the town wins this game in a landslide. Faking investigative results is essentially taking the outcome of the game into your own hands and out of of the hands of the other 16 players. It's a selfish play, no matter if you are right or wrong. The fact that it was done out of spite rather than simply trying to be a hero just takes this from very poor risk assessment to blacklist territory.

Even before that though, I thought overall play on both sides was mixed. The town got a big boost with the D1 MonkeyMan lynch, but couldn't capitalize. Some VI behavior, too many quicklynches, etc. The scum other than ABR were under suspicion most of the game, and it was only a matter of time before they went down. I will give the Sith team credit for their use of night actions. They consciously chose to keep Dan ascetic on N1 rather than use him for the kill, which kept Anti from targeting him. ABR's neighborizing and subsequent kill on Aegor took out one of the town's best PRs. The decision to keep The Goat alive in order to prevent suspicion from falling on ABR in endgame was smart planning. Some of those results were aided by luck, but the thought process was sound. On the town side, for all of the quicklynches and questionable play, there were some good performances. I thought Anti played a solid game, and he ended up killing scum (after nearly killing scum twice earlier). GreyICE was a solid replacement and got the ball rolling against farside, which is why he went down shortly afterwards.

Once it got to D5, the game was probably over with ABR "cleared". I do think that if he hadn't been cleared, it still would have come down to lylo. ABR was bussing hard, and the D5/D6 lynches probably play out the same way. The main difference is that The Goat probably dies N5 (and Anti on N6), which changes the player dynamic and maybe gets people to look more closely at ABR. Hard to predict what would have happened. I wish we had the chance to see it.

Thanks everyone for playing. I'm planning to take a break from playing and modding for a bit until I get the urge again. I'll still be around, helping people with setups and maybe backup modding. Right now, I'm a bit busy and don't quite have the same excitement for designing and running games that I did in the past, but I hope this game was enjoyable in spite of stuff that happened and look forward to a more positive experience next time.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:32 am

Thanks kdub! Good modding!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1694, Kdub wrote:I would like to thank borkjerfkin and Natirasha for helping me design/review this game, and bork for being my backup mod. Hopefully being my backup was as easy a job as it has been for me every time I did the same for him.

:D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”