Newbie 1734 - Happy (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Zyf »

VOTE: nolynch
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What the FUCK
THIS IS LYLO
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Zyf »

UNVOTE:

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Zyf »

@grendel i don't fucking have to
You and gamma cannot be the same alignment
Gamma is town

Thus you are flailscum
Gg
VOTE: grendel

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1763, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, you got my reason for investigating you wrong. I noticed you had posted light and thought "hey, I doubt this guy will get nightkilled if he's town, let's get a strong ally". And I started to shift null on you Day 2.
I see you conveniently have no reads to corroborate this shift in opinion on my alignment yesterday.
That second full paragraph,
where the hell did I say that?
Was that not the implied reason for your investigation?

In fact I'm pretty sure you said something to that effect today.
All I really tohught on the switching matter was that saying I was scum for not switching, when I wasn't online ATM, was uncalled for.

So you are saying you would have switched to LUV if you were on?! That's weird considering that you thought LUV > Infinity for the day's lynch, and even said that you didn't think that LUVs Infinity vote was that bad in twilight. That is so scummy dude!
If you're talking about the "forming a separate wagon" thing, I don't remember if I called you out on that, but now that I think about it, that's really suspicious. Both LUV and Infinity are known to be town now, so trying to avoid a lynch of your buddy is not it, but I think you were trying to form wagons on two town players to avoid any risk of your team getting lynched. There, using hindsight, I just presented solid reasoning that you are mafia.

Yegh we talked about this and I said that getting a rivaling wagon going isn't scummy. I was trying to find hoppers leaving the Infinitely wagon, because I thought he was scum at the time (or if Infinity was lynched the ppl who left his wagon). I don't usually make wagons with that intention, but since both were scummy I thought it could be very useful in finding scum/town in the last minute hoppers. Remember when I said I thought the scum team was InfinityxZyf coming into today? That competing wagon thing is why I thought Zyf was scum with Infinity. And it is also why I tracked Zyf last night. So no I wasn't trying to set up town lynches.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No I am not saying anything would have changed, I'm saying the statement was uncalled for. That shift happened end of Day 1/Day 2, due to the parroting. As I said, I wanted an ally, I got an enemy.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Grendel »

Mm, well I didn't know you were not on. I still think it is a valid point against you.

What do you mean by parroting?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

Zyf’s logic is that if he yells louder than everybody else then he must be right.
In post 1778, Zyf wrote:@grendel i don't fucking have to
You and gamma cannot be the same alignment
Gamma is town

Thus you are flailscum
Gg
This is projecting.

I’m not the one flailing here.

Also, I’m not the one rushing Infinity. I’m not the one threatening to replace out. I’m not the one screaming. Zyf must think that if he gets more and more extreme then Infinity has no choice but to assume Zyf is town.

I’m trying to debunk the allegations Zyf's scumbuddy put on me. If Zyf thinks he can derail the thread to prevent me from doing so then so be it. -But don’t think Infinity will fall for what you’re doing in a hot second, Zyf.-
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1781, Grendel wrote:Mm, well I didn't know you were not on. I still think it is a valid point against you.

Other than clearing me Day 1, you put forth no really new information in your recaps. That's the parroting.
<Embrace The Void>

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Zyf »

lol k

you can't just prove gamma is wrong, they have a cop guilty on you.

you have to prove THEY are scum. Not that I'm scum, not that you aren't scum. You have to prove THEY ARE SCUM.

until you do that, you're scum no matter what criticism you throw at me.

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Grendel »

Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1781, Grendel wrote:Mm, well I didn't know you were not on. I still think it is a valid point against you.

Other than clearing me Day 1, you put forth no really new information in your recaps. That's the parroting.
I agreed with a lot of things other players had to say. Its a recap not commentary from a completely different game. If you expected me to break the game when provided with the same information as everbody else you have unrealistic expections of what I'm capable of. The purpose first and for most was to record my thoughts so I could keep track of the game, and where I'm standing. It just so happens I thought that the popular scum reads were in fact scum because idunno, they were scummy?
Zyf wrote:lol k

you have to prove THEY are scum. Not that I'm scum, not that you aren't scum. You have to prove THEY ARE SCUM.

Yeah, okay, let me just crawl into my time machine so I can and track gamma N1, and N2. Thanks for the helpful advice!

It sounds like if I had the chance to claim first with "incriminating" results that I would be Conftown to you. That is not the case. Scum can gambit too. Your scum with Gamma, and proving your scum proves Gamma is scum. You Even eluded to that yourself the other day.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My case was like the only thing you presented anything new on. I invite you to try to prove me wrong.
<Embrace The Void>

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Zyf »

In post 1785, Grendel wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:

I agreed with a lot of things other players had to say. Its a recap not commentary from a completely different game. If you expected me to break the game when provided with the same information as everbody else you have unrealistic expections of what I'm capable of. The purpose first and for most was to record my thoughts so I could keep track of the game, and where I'm standing. It just so happens I thought that the popular scum reads were in fact scum because idunno, they were scummy?
Zyf wrote:lol k

Yeah, okay, let me just crawl into my time machine so I can and track gamma N1, and N2. Thanks for the helpful advice!

It sounds like if I had the chance to claim first with "incriminating" results that I would be Conftown to you. That is not the case. Scum can gambit too. Your scum with Gamma, and proving your scum proves Gamma is scum. You Even eluded to that yourself the other day.
No you wouldn't because you haven't been nearly as towny all game, you haven't townslipped, and you've actuall contributed quite little to the conversation up until today

As for the second part: Wrong. If you are scum, skold MUST be scum (or possibly but highly unlikely lying town) because bp CANNOT exist with cop

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

OK GRENDEL YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT
Zyf has done this impatient shtick all game. He did it on me, and the only reasons I can think you didn't realize are:
A: You didn't connect the instances.
B: You didn't care to check.
<Embrace The Void>

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I still can't see the first thing coming to someone's mind after getting a track clear on them is that they're scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

@grendel Would you have expected zyf to make the kill if he was scum?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Here's where I'm at right now.

I don't see anything in particular indicating skold or grendel is town, which bothers me. Usually for town I have at least a few things I can read people as town for. Instead, for grendel, I have the fact that he agreed with a lot of points already made (possible from town), small inconsistencies in thinking that aren't clear on the surface (also possible from town), the fact that he agreed on most things expect LUV and my alignment (which is a red flag since we were both likely mislynches, it makes sense as scum to use their thoughts if they were town but add in a couple scumreads. But this could still come from town). I value reactions to pressure very highly, and grendel's at the beginning of today seemed very unnatural.

For skold, he has gong for him the fact that he was blatantly anti-town, but he said himself that he was likely to do the same thing as scum anyway, and he may have justified it to himself as "I would do the same thing as town" if that makes any sense. In addition, it bothers me that he hasn't really scumhunted after d1, and he said his strategy only really applies to d1. Feels like using his playstyle as an excuse not to scumhunt. In addition, he criticized people's play quite a bit. I'm not sure why, but I find scum often like to do this.

Neither grendel nor skold have tried to reach out to me and the reasons I am leaning towards voting grendel, or shown the type of desperation I normally expect from town in danger of losing in lylo.

Zyf, by himself, I want to be wary of judging. I normally read aggressiveness and spontaneity as town, but he can fake both of those things as scum. But the interactions between him and gamma really didn't seem staged and seem like an unlikely scum ploy. I think zyf would be unlikely to randomly stop pushing gamma if they were scumbuddies. I've seen scum hardbus before, and usually they just kept their scumpartner as scum the whole time while voting town on the basis that they could be scumbuddies with the bussee or that the town was the busser' second preference or something like that. What zyf did could've drawn a ton of unnecessary attention to himself and gamma. In addition, I was scum in a recently completed game where zyf was town, and he was tunneling on me for a while and then switched townreading me suddenly. Later on, he got a lot of flak for doing that. I can't imagine scum!zyf wouldn't have thought of hat scenario when deciding to back of his scumbuddy, and it would make no sense or zyf to do something that had a big danger of drawing attention to him and gamma as a potential scumteam. As I've mentioned before, his lylo play would be incredibly ballsy if he were scum as well. So basically, unless zyf's testicles are as massive as his impatience, he has to be town.

Gamma, where do I start with him. A lot of things pinged me as town from the early game, he showed an constant desire to get the game moving which I as scum have found difficult to be motivated to do. He really put himself out there, wagon hopping and finding any possible little thing he could to push. I find noobscum tend to be scared of doing that, lack of experience tends to make people cautious. In additional, I find the level of manipulation he would have to have done to be scum is unreasonable. He had to have been able to completely deceive someone who has played with him in his only other scum game, fake townslip, and crumb cop believably. Some of this could be coached, but even for zyf it seems like a lot when zyf messed up a fakeclaim before, lol. Plus zyf couldn't have coached the townslip or gamma's overall play, really. I'm rarely wrong about my reads on noobs, especially townreads.

Oh and also zyf played the whole game believably not knowing that it was only gamma's second game which would certainly have been brought up in the scum chat.

Intent to hammer grendel
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:01 am

Post by Zyf »

k

feel free to take another 3 days now if you want.
at least you're indicating you're actually playing the game.

But if you're gonna give intent rather than an actual hammer, shouldn't you specifically state what you want? Cuz we all already claimed.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I'm waiting for final responses from grendel/skold but doubt they'll change my mind

I just want to make them feel like I made a fair decision, even if they're scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Skold »

Fuck it I don't care if you hammer grendle anymore. Just fucking do whatever your going to do, this is boring and a stupid waste of time.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Grendel »

My name is Grendel. You've been calling me "Grendle" this whole game dude. :/

I knew this game was over for a while now, but I let it drag on since Zyf begging Infinity to hammer was p hilarious.

Congrats on your win Gamma.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Grendel »

Go ahead and hammer Infinity. I'm done with this game.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Skold »

Ah fuck. Right we're both scum. I really didn't like how he claimed Tracker, kinda forced me to support his claim with another which was far too risky. It's been fun lads.
@GrendLE ughhh warn me
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Skold »

Also don't surrender the game, that's selfish. I don't care if you weren't having fun, we're meant to be a part of a team.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”