The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:32 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

I think that it is pretty obvious that at least one bad guy, if not more, kicked our cop off.
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:05 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

But, is that a yea or nay for our claiming?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:42 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Help me out, what does "Mass Role Claiming" mean? (I'm still kinda new)
"A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no'."
Woody Allen
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:23 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Basically, 86, Mass roleclaiming is where we all reveal what our role name is, the idea being that the scum can't honestly claim because they'd stand out like a sore thumb. Therefore, they have to lie. Hopefully, they'd claim the same thing as someone actually has, and we'll know for certain that one of those two players are scum. We can then figure out which is scummier, and lynch that player. Hopefully, we'll get it right.

Should there be no duplicates, we'll have to figure out which claims are weakest and least likely. It's a bit tougher, but still very doable.

I think that only claiming names is right for the moment, although if you guys would rather claim role too, I'm happy with that.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:09 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

That may be risky with there being two bad guys on the same team, either one could back each other up. But yeah, I'll do it.
Woody Allen
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:39 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

Here's a quick question though, I'm somewhat curious to see the replies...

As we found out klemiar was our cop.

In order of vote it was warpdragon, who was the godfather. From there, Aelyn and right afterwards, Maximumum. From there was mathcam, our doc and finally inHimshallibe.

Now, Aelyn, Maximumum and inHimshallibe what I want to know is why after he had given out his night actions, you still voted against him. Not to mention that no one else had claimed for being the cop.

Also, If I had to guess what was what. There is 2 mafia, 1 SK, 1 roleblocker who has used there ability (that is how klemiar survived the encounter with SK) and an unknown, perhaps another townie, perhaps another cop (since we did have two docs) perhaps something else.

Also, for roleclaiming, I'm not sure if that is the best way, with, as I said before, there being 2 mafia left. A good guy could claim to be what they are and the two of them can easily jump at them. And at a time like this, with the majority only being three, such an action wouldn't be wise.
Anyone else think this? Or only me.
Woody Allen
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:57 pm

Post by Maximumum »

The_Machine86 wrote: Now, Aelyn, Maximumum and inHimshallibe what I want to know is why after he had given out his night actions, you still voted against him. Not to mention that no one else had claimed for being the cop.
Don't know about the others but here are my answers to your questions...
kleimar's claim was thoroughly unbelievable. It may have been that he didn't explain himself very well but I didn't think for one second there would be that many restrictions on a cop. His claim looked like he was talking in circles. As for noone else claiming cop...Mastermind of Sin was also a cop but died in the beginning of the game, so the explanation for no counterclaim could have been a very plausible "the cop was already dead". We didn't know there were two docs until after mathcam died last night, so we had no idea that there were two docs in the game during the voting process, (well, mathcam knew) so the idea of having a 2:2 ratio didn't come up. That's why I voted the way I did.

The roleclaim idea was to help us narrow down the most likely scum, just as Aelyn explained. In a situation like this it's better than just taking a shot in the dark. Unfortunately, claiming a character will be much easier for the players with more knowledge of warhammer 40,000.
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:38 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

We didn't know there were two docs until after mathcam died last night, so we had no idea that there were two docs in the game during the voting process, (well, mathcam knew) so the idea of having a 2:2 ratio didn't come up.
Mathcam is the only doc we know. Is there something I'm missing? 2 cops is very plausible though. I don't think we are that bad off, since should we mess up a second (seems possible) doc can protect (out of 3 or 4 people, pretty good chance), same with scum killing scum (again, smaller pool, higher chance of hitting each other).

TheMachine: scum backing scum (assuming 2 more mafiosos left) would be quite risky. First, the game is by no means in their hands (doc, sk). If they mess get a townie, one of them will most likely get eliminated by the sk, leaving 1 left, who will probably get jumped the following day.
freak with short term memory
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:39 pm

bah, sorry for the double post
cops
is very plausible though
should be:

docs
is very plausible though
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:32 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Basically, I only voted for Kleimar simply because I felt his claim didn't make much sense, especially given his actions earlier on in the game.

EnPace, is there any reason you feel that there's two docs? That seems a little powerful in a game this size.
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:31 pm

well, there are 2 docs, and apparently kleimar was a restricted cop (only ghazghkull)
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:32 pm

well, there are 2
docs
, and apparently kleimar was a restricted cop (only ghazghkull)

bah, i need more sleep. 4 hours isn't enough -__-
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:33 pm

sorry! i can't believe I messed up an edit!

i forgot to change the bolded doc to cop.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:31 pm

Post by SinisterOverlord »

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Routine Votecount Cancelled. No Votes Found.

3 to Lynch.

+++End Transmission+++
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:14 am

Post by Maximumum »

Now that the scum has had plenty of time to research a good guy role the mass roleclaim will be somewhat useless. We could just claim our mafia role and leave out our game character.

Since the game has become slightly stagnant I went through the thread again.
FOS: Aelyn

Aelyn is obviously the player with the most warhammer knowledge. Why hasn't he been the mafia's prime target then? To me it would seem like the mafia would want to take down the guy who could help the town with death scene interruptations or role claim characters. If the mafia thought there was ever a time when they had to claim a role why keep around the guy who had enough knowledge to analyze that claim using warhammer experience?
In day one he pointed out a few times that he was the most prolific poster. The first time was fine but the other times it almost looked like he was saying "look at me, I'm posting the most. I can't be mafia!"
His insights into kleimar's claim were a little on the misleading side.
For these reasons I think Aelyn is mafia.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:28 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Maximumum wrote:Now that the scum has had plenty of time to research a good guy role the mass roleclaim will be somewhat useless. We could just claim our mafia role and leave out our game character.

Since the game has become slightly stagnant I went through the thread again.
FOS: Aelyn

Aelyn is obviously the player with the most warhammer knowledge. Why hasn't he been the mafia's prime target then? To me it would seem like the mafia would want to take down the guy who could help the town with death scene interruptations or role claim characters. If the mafia thought there was ever a time when they had to claim a role why keep around the guy who had enough knowledge to analyze that claim using warhammer experience?
I imagine that the Mafia decided to nightkill the most useful posters, rather than the most knowledgable ones regarding the theme. Mathcam is plain better at this game than me, so that's probably why I survived last night. As for night 2... I have no idea. I can't see why Pooky was chosen to die, unless the Mafia know something we don't, or there's a redirector, or something. Sorry, can't really help you there.
In day one he pointed out a few times that he was the most prolific poster. The first time was fine but the other times it almost looked like he was saying "look at me, I'm posting the most. I can't be mafia!"
His insights into kleimar's claim were a little on the misleading side.
For these reasons I think Aelyn is mafia.
Woah, what? Re-reading my posts (several times!) I can't see me mentioning relative post counts more that once day 1, and that was when I decided to prompt lurkers to post. Maybe you read more into my own posts than I did, but I can't see what you mean.

My insights regarding Kleimar were unfortunate - I felt he was scum, and was wrong. I apologise for leading everyone into a terrible mistake, but I don't apologise for speaking up when I felt he was scum - even if I was wrong.

I agree that the game has become stagnant. We need to do something, and we need to soon. Roleclaiming seems to be the best way to move forward, and if Machine agrees or if no-one can come up with a better idea, I'll claim in a day or two.
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:36 am

Maximumum wrote:Now that the scum has had plenty of time to research a good guy role the mass roleclaim will be somewhat useless. We could just claim our mafia role and leave out our game character.
I'm a bit suspicious of this part. Even if a roleclaim including our game character may be useless, it is still another chance for scum (we got 2 or 3 left) to mess up, which is always good. Unless one is the scum, I see no reason for one to want to avoid a claim of their game character, especially when it makes no impact (in your case, you said it will be somewhat useless). Unless there's some other reasoning.

FOS: Maximumum

For the Aelyn case:
indeed, it is kind of suspicious that aelyn has not been picked off yet.

Not sure what that means, but potential reasons for leaving someone alive (general scumming rules):
1) they're probably going to be picked off anyway
2) they're not a threat
3) they're a bad leader
4) they've contributed something that you don't want to prove to be right (by their death)
5) they're your scumming friend.

any others that I missed?

looking back a bit, for pooky, the weirdest thing that I can guess for his being targeted is his long post on how he was going to obliterate jdtay.
for the other 3 targets (kleimar,cam,warpdragon), i'm going to have to go back and read a bit more (no one post standing out as much as pooky's post).
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:43 pm

Post by The_Machine86 »

We going to try out the mass role or something else?
Woody Allen
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:54 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Aelyn, inHimshallibe, The_Machine86, Maximumum, EnPaceRequiescat... anyone not OK with this order? I just typed us in a random order. Of course, if you disagree, we can roll the dice. If everyone agrees, then we should give both character and role name. So, before Aelyn claims, everyone should just give a yea or nay - unanimous decision only for this order.

Yea
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 am

Post by Maximumum »

yea

looks fine to me.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:15 am

Post by Aelyn »

I'm fine with that order.
The_Machine86
The_Machine86
Goon
The_Machine86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:04 am

Post by The_Machine86 »

Yessir
Woody Allen
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:39 pm

ok. shall we get started?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:46 am

Post by Aelyn »

OK, so I'm starting, right?

I am Captain Cortez of the Crimson Fists. I'm a vanilla townie, except that I'm immune to the first nightkill attempt on me in the game.

inHim?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:24 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I am Logan Grimnar, the Wolf Lord.

I have a lassie role - I find out what people do at night. I can prove this too - last night, I followed Maximumum, and found that he was tinkering with inventions beyond my understanding.

I'll hold out on my other investigations for now, in case someone is lying.
Show

:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”