Newbie 1757 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:41 am

Post by nn30 »

@Vijarada - If you got to choose, would you lynch Wyvernite over Fruits? Why or why not?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 2.2

fruitsman (1) - nn30
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty (1) - Vijarada
Accountant (1) - ArcAngel9

Not voting (7) - Accountant, fruitsman, keyenpeydee, ScumDeersAreVeryTasty

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Two is Sunday, 4th December 1pm GMT, (in (expired on 2016-12-04 13:00:00)).
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:37 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 295, nn30 wrote:
In post 294, ArcAngel9 wrote:Its the way you played the game.I understand that it is not set or written on stone that you play against your win condition if you're an IC but i am not satisfied with the way you played game on Day1. the IC's aligned to town are usually focus on everyone and tries to give more time on day1 and you didn't do that Xnandarj. He is just new, You could have let him take a breathe and come back with better way to defend himself and the mean while you could have really tried to divert this town to if there is anything else that required the attention.
1) You're assuming that there is a one size fits all for IC town play, 2) that all town aligned IC's play this way, 3) that Accountant didn't play this way and that 4) that the result of Accountant not playing in this way (in your estimation) means he is scum.

Re: 1 there is no one size fits all for town IC play.

Re 2: Even if there was a one size fits all for town IC play, there's nothing that necessitates that Accountant has to play this way to be town aligned.

Re 3: Frankly, he
did
play the way you want him to - just not with XX. He did so with me. He saw the logic behind people scum reading me, picked at it, allowed me to defend myself, and then backed off from me. This is well in line with your 'ideal' of town IC play. You scum read me, and see me buddying with Accountant, so you are blind to his occurring and tunneling on the fact that he didn't treat XX the way you wanted him to.

Re 4: He isn't scum for differing from your ideal. He's human - this is a NAI trait.
In post 298, Vijarada wrote:
In post 294, ArcAngel9 wrote:Its the way you played the game.I understand that it is not set or written on stone that you play against your win condition if you're an IC but i am not satisfied with the way you played game on Day1. the IC's aligned to town are usually focus on everyone and tries to give more time on day1 and you didn't do that Xnandarj. He is just new, You could have let him take a breathe and come back with better way to defend himself and the mean while you could have really tried to divert this town to if there is anything else that required the attention.
He actually wasn't talking to nadro that much until nadro critisized him for not doing so.
I don't know If i wasn't being clear. I was not happy to see the D1 ending so quickly. I believed that Accountant had an ability to extended day if he had a right motive. I am suspecting his motives here.
Just because, you find someone backing off over your defense doesn't make them town. My question why didn't he give more time to Xnan. I know I cant just blame him alone on this but being an IC, he could have done something and I was bailing on him. I just dont understand why everyone was so pushy to end day 1 when we have so much time. Xnan deserved more time to fit in the game.

And those who has potential to given him a chance have turned their back to him. This is could be either scum motive or just arrogance.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:41 am

Post by nn30 »

@ArcAngel - my post towards you was not to list reasons I town read Accountant. I was pointing out that your reasons you were scum reading him which were flawed.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:42 am

Post by nn30 »

My brain isn't working right now. That grammar was SO bad. My goodness.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

the IC's aligned to town are usually focus on everyone and tries to give more time on day1 and you didn't do that Xnandarj. He is just new, You could have let him take a breathe and come back with better way to defend himself and the mean while you could have really tried to divert this town to if there is anything else that required the attention.
Unfortunately, that's not how I play games. If I think someone needs to go, they go. All the rest stops in the world won't take away the simple fact that XX is scummy, and I don't think any mercy should be offered to scum.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 302, ArcAngel9 wrote:I don't know If i wasn't being clear. I was not happy to see the D1 ending so quickly. I believed that Accountant had an ability to extended day if he had a right motive. I am suspecting his motives here.
I'll repeat my statement, and do know I am giving you advice to the true best of my ability and knowledge. Town should end the day when they have collectively decided on a lynch target, and not a moment sooner or later. Prematurely ending the day is bad. Needlessly lengthening the day is also bad; it allows apathy to creep in, reasoning to become muddied and scum to slip out of the noose.

As an IC, it's my job to set an example for other players and show them how to play good mafia. A key part of playing good mafia is to focus on scum and get them lynched. Therefore, I focused on XX and got him lynched. Isn't this natural for any town IC to do?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 296, nn30 wrote:@Accountant - why do you want a Wyvernite lynch today?
If we argue that fruitsman should be lynched for not contributing much except fruit seller jokes, then Wyvernite should go as well - he's contributed even less than fruitsman, and with an odd cockiness - perhaps because he knows the player's alignment already.

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 307, Accountant wrote:
If we argue that fruitsman should be lynched for not contributing much except fruit seller jokes, then Wyvernite should go as well - he's contributed even less than fruitsman, and with an odd cockiness - perhaps because he knows the player's alignment already.
Perhaps.

Though my read on Fruitsman is for reasons beyond his not contributing.
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by ScumDeersAreVeryTasty »

Hey everyone. You can call me Deer or VT as my name is long. :p

I'll read the thread within 12 hours and post what i think/analyzed.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

I will post later.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 300, nn30 wrote:@Vijarada - If you got to choose, would you lynch Wyvernite over Fruits? Why or why not?
Yes, I've been calling fruits town for a while now. Wyvernite seems reasonably competent in his posting and is contributing pretty much nothing except for blending in with the crowd as hard as he can. Fruitsman is less competent, but he's contributing much more, complete with reasoning. He's also sticking out from the crowd much more. As well as that, my gut just reads him as earnestly contributing. I don't like gut reads but...
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 308, nn30 wrote:
In post 307, Accountant wrote:
Perhaps.

Though my read on Fruitsman is for reasons beyond his not contributing.
Those reasons are?
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Arcangel is basically saying "Accountant is wrong because his theory is wrong and I think he should know better". That's garbage reasoning.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 309, ScumDeersAreVeryTasty wrote:Hey everyone. You can call me Deer or VT as my name is long. :p

I'll read the thread within 12 hours and post what i think/analyzed.
Welcome. I think I'm going to call you Scum.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:21 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Vijarada - please see 272 and 285.

Not included in those - I think his summary post from earlier in the game is scum - oriented.

Lastly, I'd like to ask if you're town reading fruits because he is also scum reading me?
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Post by Vijarada »

What even in the name of God no of course not.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by nn30 »

Then I really have to ask why you're town reading Fruits.

His actions have, at best, been NAI.
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Reading now,

Accountant came straight on being aggressive towards nn30. Even if s/he inclined nn is suspicious, S/He rather stayed on the random vote stage on X...X. The pressure on X...X increased, Accountant stopped the aggressiveness.

Fruitsman is definitely suspicious for
Keyen's "hope you're scum" Tf? There was still 3 days for day to end and he votes saying "hope" WOW.

I dont see much cases to go on with.

So, Currently my sus list is:
Accountant for the reason i stated above, but i still dont have a base to go on with.

Fruitsman: Going on with a wagon.

Keyen: "hope you're scum" 'Nuff Said.

There is so inactivity in this game. :? :?

VOTE: Fruitsman for now unless a bigger case comes on.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by nn30 »

I'm generally pretty active. That said I've already decided on Fruits scum, so until someone wants to talk about that one way or another I don't have much to say.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have a townread on nn. Just because I'm interrogating someone doesn't mean I think they're scum; rather, it means I'm trying to decide if they're scum or not.

Wyvernite's slot voting fruits gives me confidence they aren't a scum team, and I think at least one of them is scum.

ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:56 pm

In post 320, Accountant wrote:I have a townread on nn. Just because I'm interrogating someone doesn't mean I think they're scum; rather, it means I'm trying to decide if they're scum or not.

Wyvernite's slot voting fruits gives me confidence they aren't a scum team, and I think at least one of them is scum.
I dont get how you think one of us is scum. Mind Explaining?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: ScumDeer

No stain on you, Deer. You just had the misfortune of replacing into a scum slot.

PEdit: I think keyen, nn and Vijarada are all town, which means that there must mathematically be at least one scum in you and fruits.

ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
ScumDeersAreVeryTasty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 pm

In post 322, Accountant wrote:VOTE: ScumDeer

No stain on you, Deer. You just had the misfortune of replacing into a scum slot.

PEdit: I think keyen, nn and Vijarada are all town, which means that there must mathematically be at least one scum in you and fruits.
Nope, I didnt replace into a scum slot. And I'm yet to get reasons. And Why do you feel they 3 are town?

I need reasons. By saying "You had a misfortune of replacing into a scum slot." wont make me a scum.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Read the thread. There are reasons.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”