Newbie 1762: Frequent Flyers - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Hopefully I'm allowed to post now as a non-player!

Echo, what did you mean by "framed"? I was following along with this game and trying to understand the various cop claims and motivations everyone was giving for their checks and opinions and I'm confused by "I didn't investigate Dunn on n1 for the fact that all of my focus was on him. If I would have investigated him, he could have been framed incredibly easily and I wouldn't have known if he was actually innocent or if he was a mafia member." As far as I know, there's no role in the Newbie setup that would cause this to occur. If you're the real cop (and you were) and you investigate someone, you will always get a truthful result (innocent or guilty) or no result if you get roleblocked, but you'll never get a fake result as there's no insane cop variants or anything like that in Newbie.
And there was this huge argument over how you knew there was a roleblocker in the setup "because it said on the first page". I'm assuming you're implying that you only knew that AFTER the doctor flipped, as before that point it could have been one of two possible setups that include the cop (your role). However, Dunn's attempts to say you slipped by admitting you knew there was a roleblocker was just bizarre to me since if you were the real cop, of course you would know the full setup since the doctor had already died! In fact, once the doctor flipped, the mafia and the remaining town PR (if one exists) are the exact group of people that would know the setup, and vanilla town are the only ones who cannot know for sure. So that whole line of questioning/fake logic to try and catch Echo just completely confused me.

Additionally, @fitz, you said "Echo...I'm not sure why scum would have RB'd you. And if they had...why not RB you again N2?". I feel like this should be fairly obvious - Echo didn't claim day 2, so the mafia had no idea that they had roleblocked the cop. The roleblocker doesn't get a result back saying if their roleblock was successful, so they went for someone else. Definitely not unbelievable.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Loopdan »

Thanks for the excellent modding, grapes.

That scum victory was 99% Dunn. Well played partner!
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:35 am

Post by grapes »

Before I forget scumteam, you're both cool with releasing the scumthread yea?

Also what's the fastest micro ever time-length-wise because this had to have given it a run for its money.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Titus »

If the setup is open, if it's not listed in the first post, it cannot be there.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Loopdan »

Yes, please feel free to release the scum PT.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

We got put into a pretty risky situation there actually. I was hoping cop wouldn't have had a result on loopdan. Thing is, it was justified I believe. I wasn't entirely sure Guiltylion wasn't the cop (they didn't claim after all) and so it would have been possible to have had 2 innocent results (which means if we all claimed VT we'd lose)
I was pretty sure havingfitz wasn't the type to gambit and actually be the cop in that situation, so I preemptively counter claimed cop.

The grey kill was a bit silly, I thought he would have been a pr and he said something like "by my investigations dunn is correct" about the votes so I suspected he was softing cop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And yea release the pt

My attempts to say Echo slipped weren't false logic. Echo was confused about what stopped his result night 1, but then indicated knowledge of a roleblocker. It should have made sense, Echo was thinking something weird there. Poor Echo
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by EchoVision »

Yeah, I knew about both of those things but nothing went together in my head. I believe I mentioned this before, but I've only played on one other site and then town of Salem of course, which on the other site I've never been role blocked, and in ToS it straight up says you've been role blocked. So they just never sparked into one for me.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I kept trying to replace into this game but got beaten to it q.q Grats to Dunn and Loop for the win!
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Echo in the situation where you're not sure what happened to your result I'd probably ask the mod. In a newbie game I think the mod should be able to tell you that no result means you were roleblocked, since the setup is open and there isn't anything else that could have forced you to return a no result. Even if the mod can't tell you, though, you can usually ask questions in enough ways that you would be able to figure it out.

Like.. "what result would I receive if I were roleblocked?"
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 330, Dunnstral wrote:The grey kill was a bit silly, I thought he would have been a pr and he said something like "by my investigations dunn is correct" about the votes so I suspected he was softing cop
I was, for that very reason.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 335, -Grey- wrote:
In post 330, Dunnstral wrote:The grey kill was a bit silly, I thought he would have been a pr and he said something like "by my investigations dunn is correct" about the votes so I suspected he was softing cop
I was, for that very reason.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p8618732
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey, gg everyone! Well played by scum, I am happy that I was onto Dunnstral even before the fakeclaim, but pushing Titus on D2 over him was a mistake. I hope the newbies had fun and are looking forward to another!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Why did scum killed my slot after replacing in?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 338, ArcAngel9 wrote:Why did scum killed my slot after replacing in?
I can't speak for this sim team, but I personally kill replacements if the narrative is going smoothly so as to avoid any surprises that replacements often provide.

Scum narratives are usually tailored to the existing player list, and replacements bring a fresh perspective which can wreck the entire game.
---
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:38 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 339, -Grey- wrote:
I can't speak for this sim team, but I personally kill replacements if the narrative is going smoothly so as to avoid any surprises that replacements often provide.

Scum narratives are usually tailored to the existing player list, and replacements bring a fresh perspective which can wreck the entire game.
I was finishing reading and looking forward for the game. SADDDDDDDDDDDDDD they killed me!!!!!!!
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Titus »

In post 339, -Grey- wrote:

This is a perspective that happens often enough that I do not read on subbing in.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:17 am

Post by grapes »

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Loopdan »

Was there a dead thread?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:15 am

Post by grapes »

Edited it into the post after the endgame post. Night actions are there too.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I had forgotten to submit a nightkill and arcangel was what loopdan submitted. Wasn't really a reason...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

@grey in dead thread

"Hey Dunn, a response to 284 when you can read this: Tracker can also counterclaim cop with Titus flipping doctor.

That you don't even question that suggests that you know the scumteam has a roleblocker."

But if I'm town there's no reason for me to consider a tracker fakeclaim either, or care what scum fakeclaims
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 346, Dunnstral wrote:@grey in dead thread

"Hey Dunn, a response to 284 when you can read this: Tracker can also counterclaim cop with Titus flipping doctor.

That you don't even question that suggests that you know the scumteam has a roleblocker."

But if I'm town there's no reason for me to consider a tracker fakeclaim either, or care what scum fakeclaims
You didn't even consider the possibility that tracker was a possible counterclaim to cop.

That's because you knew your team had a RB.
---
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by JaeReed »

uhh, not really though.

If Dunnstral had been the cop then he obviously wouldn't consider maf fakeclaiming a different setup altogether since he'd know the setup had a RB in it. Due to doctor flip already and him being cop.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Titus »

Once one PR in this flips, scum know the setup.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”