Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3850 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 3849, PeregrineV wrote:"Fowgetting" youw wesuwts when posting and wesponding is awmost inconceivabwe.
I know I fucked up. You don't have to rub it in.

PV, could you do a meta analysis on me? You saw scum-me in your Newbie 1254. I have another scum game here, too. I'd be interested to hear whether you think my play here matches up.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3851 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Rubicon »

As for your DGB case, if DGB is scum I'll be very surprised. Not exactly impressed, either, since there's a dozen better ways she could play this. But I'm pretty sure she's town.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3852 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Rubicon »

My town read on Mac took a blow when he disappeared from this game for 5 days after I defended him, while still posting in his other games.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3853 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3850, Rubicon wrote:
In post 3849, PeregrineV wrote:"Fowgetting" youw wesuwts when posting and wesponding is awmost inconceivabwe.
I know I fucked up. You don't have to rub it in.

PV, could you do a meta analysis on me? You saw scum-me in your Newbie 1254. I have another scum game here, too. I'd be interested to hear whether you think my play here matches up.
Pwobabwy postgame, when I wose my accent (makes posting kind of tedious). Maybe tomowwow gameday if necessawy.

Can you expwain how you thought "Newo says Yates has a QT from his night1 investigation, what do I think of this?" and NOT have your bwain smack you with "Buwwshit!! No one went to Yates!!"?

You come acwoss town as shit, but this isn't a scumswip, this is a full on contradiction between cwaim and pway.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3854 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 11:40 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I don't have a scumread on PP, I just ran out of town slots.

I think rub is more likely town than pp.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3855 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Rubicon »

@PV: Best I can say is I was in four simultaneous games at the time and my play sucked in almost all of them. That's apparently too many games for my brain to keep track of. penguin_alien's sums up my thought process at the time perfectly. I derped.

I've cut back to two games and things seem to be going better.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3856 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Rubicon »

(By the way, I just made a checklist with questions like "Who is claiming a night action? Do you have a night action contradicting them?". I plan to review it a couple times each day period in all future games. Yes, I'm a dork. :P)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3857 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Alright, I am aware of the issue.. I am going to look into this as a priority tomorrow morning (its 1am here) I can't say anything more on this matter. HOWEVER, a process has begun with urgancy.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3858 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Game is on hold due to this issue... It is too important to leave game open while an investigation takes place. the game clock for deadline is at 3 DAYS, 19 HOURS, 48 MINUTES... this is where we will pick up again when game opens.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3859 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:39 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Alright, sorry to keep you all in the dark like this, I appreciate your patience. I am still awaiting a response from site mods as to how to proceed with the situation. I do hope to have an update for you either tonight, or tomorrow afternoon.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3860 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:38 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Update coming later this afternoon.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3861 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Alright folks, I apprieciate your patiance in this matter as it is a rather unique situation. And now the bad news. After lengthly discussion with both site mods and both my back up mods/setup reviewers we have no alternative but to end the game right here right now.

The game is very possibly comprimised beyond repair. And I wil take a few minutes to explain why.

OK First of all I am in no way saying Yates/Proton are guilty of cheating but there is a chain of events.

As you know, after Yates died he posted in the game, I deleted it as he had posted in wrong game.. no biggie, we all have done it I would say.

But it was the events of thursday night that are the issue.

I came back online Thursday night to a few PM's saying Yates had posted in the game, and it looks like Yates has an alt in Proton due to Yates answering the question posted to Proton.. I also received a PM that night from yates mentioning the event in question and saying this.
Yates wrote:My alt fucked up again.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4995079
This is why the game was locked right away. I PM'ed Yates to clarify but it seemed to me, and two others that this is an Alt account of Yates... who as you know had been killed the day before. When Yate's died he was given access to the dead topic... and since he said it was his Alt, well you can imagine the issue we suddenly faced.

I had to contact site mods ASAP....Now, Yates later said Proton is his wife.. which directly contridicts the above where he says it is an ALT...

One other thing that made us abandon the game... You will see, soon enough the dead topic... Which Yates had access to. We combed the QT and the game itself to see if there was any influence from the QT and 3 of us all spotted the exact same thing.

In the Dead QT (which had dead peoples night actions and thoughts) Diabolik named 2 people as his scum partners.... this is what was said by the already dead scum
Yep.. Nero got them.. DGb and rubicon are my buddies.. we had a day talk too :P
The very next day, in possibly Protons very next post, a vote went right onto Rubicon... THIS we could not ignore. Now, Proton had made suspicions of Rubicon before hand, but the timing and nature of the vote seemed like the game was comprimised beyond belief.

Yes, this is circumstancial, however it is too big to ignore and put down to coincidence... it was at this point we decided that the game is no longer playable.

Another thought was to mod kill or force replace the proton slot... however, there was no telling HOW much influence had seeped into the game from QT if any.. again, circumstantial but enough to put a halt to things. Would replacement pick up on anything that was said that could have been influenced from the QT? Would town pick up on anything that was said that could have been influenced from the QT?

Again, circumstantial but enough to warrant an end to the game right away. I am very sorry, this is not a decision I took lightly but 3 of us all agree there is no way the game can continue due to the possibility that it had been compromised.

So there you have it, again I am sorry it has taken so long to make a decission. It was a very delicate situation, which involved lengthly chats with my Back up and Set up reviewer as well as on site mods.

Jason
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3862 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Zachrulez »

There was pretty much no way to continue this game with it being probable it was compromised, the dead topic influence did more damage than a modkill was going to be able to fix.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3863 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

its prob a Yates alt.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3864 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

its prob a Yates alt.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3865 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

That is pretty fucking low, if true.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3866 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:29 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

God dammit, I was totally going to win as SK for the first time ever too.

*shakes fist* *sigh*

Such is life I suppose. I don't have it in me to be angry at yates, it is after all just a game.

GG all, twas a fun one at any rate :).

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3867 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

GAH!!! you were the sk? I had scum reads on both you and Rubi in the early game and Yates came in and distracted me. FFS!!!

TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3868 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:33 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

<3 Me and pilo were the SK team, Honestly I think we played a pretty good game, though you and yates did make it pretty easy with all that fake claiming XD.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3869 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I have played where players have replaced back in as themselves or as an alt, but of course they WERE not given access to the dead thread. If Princess was a Yates alt, I would assume it was above-board/pre-approved, so wouldn't attribute much more to it than that. Even with a modkill, I would still make the assumption that subbing back in was approved, and so would attach no more weight to his posts than normal.
Post-game, it might be a different story, but during the game, players being obnoxiously sure of something is not really a sign of inside knowledge.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3870 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3868, TiphaineDeath wrote:<3 Me and pilo were the SK team, Honestly I think we played a pretty good game, though you and yates did make it pretty easy with all that fake claiming XD.
SK team? Like with a QT? Because unless you planned to off each other, you would be a 2nd mafia team, functionally.

Good play. You were gaining even-night SK traction merely through PoE, but you weren't there yet.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3871 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lol yeah. That also means that Venmar/Tammy was scum. Yuck.

The way it looks to me is the PP is a Yates alt. I don't think that Jason knew it was a Yates alt though.

TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3872 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:38 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I guess we were second mafia then, we had QT.

Game definitely had play left in it, I just felt ahead :).

Credo-Supra-Veritate
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3873 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3871, Nero Cain wrote:lol yeah. That also means that Venmar/Tammy was scum. Yuck.

The way it looks to me is the PP is a Yates alt. I don't think that Jason knew it was a Yates alt though.
Almost thought that when Venmar replaced out, but when Tammy did also, I figured they were bored VT.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3874 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3872, TiphaineDeath wrote:I guess we were second mafia then, we had QT.

Game definitely had play left in it, I just felt ahead :).
Who would have been your night target for tonight, assuming a chk/Rubi lynch?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”