Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

why did ya'll shoot Maenerra?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Rubicon »

What made you go for Maenera, anyway? Just killing a lurker, or did you know she was the cop somehow?

p-edit: ninja'd
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

too slow. Though I feel better knowing that I didn't fully buy into the Rubi/Mac are scum that some players were pushing.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 am

Post by PeregrineV »

We had a team of 3, so assumed multi-ball.

In politics mafia, maenera was town RBer and very vocal. Her minimalist posting ITT made me think other scumteam, and we wanted to avoid obvious targets (Yates) and mislynch bait (everyone else--lol), so we shot her.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

This post made town-me cry tears of joy (). If I were town, I'd probably have forgiven your slip. Maybe. :-P
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3902, Nero Cain wrote:too slow. Though I feel better knowing that I didn't fully buy into the Rubi/Mac are scum that some players were pushing.
I woulnd't have. Maybe Mac for SK, but his ISO didn't seem to indicate that.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 3898, Nero Cain wrote:Aunt J protected me?
Indeed. I had a feeling you might end up nightkilled.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 3904, PeregrineV wrote:This post made town-me cry tears of joy (). If I were town, I'd probably have forgiven your slip. Maybe. :-P
Yeah, I couldn't figure out how people still thought I was scum after that :P
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I thought you were still scum 'cause it looked like you were lying.

Also, thank you for protecting me AJ. I seem to be eating a lot of n1 bullets these days

Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 am

Post by Mac »

good game chaps until it was cancelled.

although town wouldve probably lost if it was continued I think.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

Clearly town were dead. :D
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 3871, Nero Cain wrote:The way it looks to me is the PP is a Yates alt. I don't think that Jason knew it was a Yates alt though.
This is - uh - MOSTLY true.

I created an alt account for my wife [all above board and created AS an alt on the site] since she has been bugging me about spending so much time on these games. I told her to just replace in to two games and that she would like it. She put her name in numerous cues and accepted the first two offers. I told her NOT to replace in to the game I was just killed in. She naturally heard that as "replace in to the game I was just killed in." I unfortunately was not aware of that until she used my laptop [when her battery died] and posted in here as me then asked me why it posted as me.

My big foul up was not telling Jason immediately what had happened and getting her replaced out. Mostly because I was trying to prevent this kind of embarrassment. Which in retrospect was pretty stupid on my part and I take full responsibility for it.

I am hugely sorry for screwing up this game and personally apologize to each and every one of you. I am especially sorry to Jason, who has been a great mod, for fucking up his game like a huge asshole.

I will accept my beatings now.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 3873, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3871, Nero Cain wrote:lol yeah. That also means that Venmar/Tammy was scum. Yuck.

The way it looks to me is the PP is a Yates alt. I don't think that Jason knew it was a Yates alt though.
Almost thought that when Venmar replaced out, but when Tammy did also, I figured they were bored VT.
Nope, not bored, but yes VT. I replaced out for two reasons. There was something that didn't have to do with this game that I thought could influence how I viewed this game. And mostly, I really should have checked the state of this game before I replaced in. I don't have a lot of time to play mafia right now in the first place, and the way this game was going was a chore. There was no way I was going to read the entire game, nor could I really deal with it with the way Yates and Nero were going at it. Maybe if I'd been here from the start it would have been different, maybe if I had extra time and wasn't balancing 50 different things it would be different, but trying to replace into that mess was just...no. When I woke up the next day to several more pages of their arguing, I knew there was no way I could deal with the game as it was. So, the best thing for the game and for me was to replace out. I really shouldn't have replaced in.
In post 3879, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3873, PeregrineV wrote:Almost thought that when Venmar replaced out, but when Tammy did also, I figured they were bored VT.
I thought it was a legacy scum slot. I really thought it was Tammy scum 'cause she contradicts Yates that he's never fake claimed cop (he claimed cop in Harry Potter) but still thought he was town.
I never said Yates' had never claimed cop. In fact, I blasted Yates when I first came in for that fake claim, then I actually got to it and saw what he was trying to do. I think that sometimes Nero, you get in your mind what you think another person is going to say, or has said, and then determine that they said that. If you would have paid attention to what I said and why, you might have seen why Yates was far more likely town than not. If you would have also paid attention to what I said, not filtered through your confirmation bias, you would have seen why my slot was far more likely town than not also.

That said, your gambit was horrible. Yes, you can say "oh if it worked you would be praising me right now" all you want, but the fact is you shouldn't have done it. Because you would not listen to anyone else, except yourself, you got Yates mislynched and yourself misvigged. Yes, you were obvious town, and yes, you were doing what you thought would benefit town, but it didn't. Somehow, some way, you have to actually figure out a way to try to work with town. Running around cocksure that you're right and everyone is is an idiot, doesn't really help town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

You have to know when to back out of a fakeclaim. :P
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 3913, DrippingGoofball wrote:You have to know when to back out of a fakeclaim. :P
I tried!! Image
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Pilobolus
Pilobolus
Goon
Pilobolus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Pilobolus »

Oh damn. I had the luck to draw SK in my first game and we had a good shot at winning this too.

Ah well, good game folks. For what its worth I still don't think fake claiming cop or fake results was a good idea precisely because it created the mess that it did. Course I was fine with that but as far as town is concerned that wasn't pretty.

Thanks for the game Jason. I have to say when I first found out the phases had a 3 week time limit I groaned but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Where I usually play day/night phases are 24 hours so things go quickly; the limit here wasn't so bad since it was a much more leisurely pace.

Thought I'd try playing the slightly-clueless new guy (which didn't require too much acting considering there were factors here that I haven't seen where I came from). Too bad it had to end this way. Thanks for the game though Jason and good game everyone.
Pilobolus
Pilobolus
Goon
Pilobolus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Pilobolus »

It was... interesting to say the least.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Umm, me role copping Pilo was a last minuteish change. From TD.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

lol'd I was going to lose anyway. I don't even care, tbh. /:
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I have to say sorry to BabySpice, I screwed up her role cop PM... I thought I had taken the QT link out of her PM result... I was sure I had.

The sad thing is, before the game was locked, town seemed to be swinging a small comeback, they probably would have lynched scum in CHK leaving only one scum left with the rolecop on a SK too.

The SK team was odd night/even night. They would have won as a team without having to kill each other. It's something Zach came up with, originally for my SuperHero theme game a while back and we decided to roll with it for this game. I am looking at some unconventional roles for my next game to make it interesting
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

I swear I played in a game with an SK team a few years back. Might have been that one.

Oh yes, you owe me a spot in that next one ;)
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

it was in Locke Lamoras WWE game

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Jason- Can you post setup/night actions, etc.?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:38 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yea, I will do in a bit. Not long home so gonna get dinner.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

http://quicktopic.com/50/H/qAZve74Dcy3L7

Set up and Night action's thread.

Deadzone..

http://quicktopic.com/50/H/2dSimffeu9jCA you can see post 104, which I mentioned in the statement, this is why we felt game was beyond repair. With the vote coming in Proton's very next post, especially with Yates first saying it was an alt...we could not ignore it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”