Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4450 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 4449, Fate wrote:So really, if Izzy got sick in real life and wasn't able to give a shit about a mafia game (which, if I'm recalling right, like 10 people flaked/replaced out of this game), the hell is it her fault her playerslot wasn't replaced in that time?
Part of it has to deal with the fact that she wasn't being more active even after any sort of debilitating sickness remained. I'm aware she was sick around...most of D5, I think, or something, but that doesn't excuse her non-presence for the remaining days.

Also, I'm sorry that we want to get rid of people who just won't be there. If she was hampered by things beyond her control (sudden work increase, family problems, etc.) then I would still advocate that she had just replaced out. If not, then it's her fault for letting it trickle into her play and remaining despite this being a detriment to her team, and it's her problem to solve, not ours. If it is part of her "playstyle" then it's something she needs to remove, and fast.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Glork »

Lurking has always been a slid scum strategy, and the town's complete failure to recognize and lynch Bella for it is mostly their own fault.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

That was a big reason why I went for her D3... :/

We just got caught up in plans to keep me alive, so we let her go.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 4451, Glork wrote:Lurking has always been a slid scum strategy, and the town's complete failure to recognize and lynch Bella for it is mostly their own fault.
Still stupid, though.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

In post 4448, Nexus wrote:Whilst I'm ranting, IPie, your post about splitting up with Esurio was really bad. I would've advocated a modkill because as far as I'm concerned, it's a bet/outside influence, which isn't allowed, but since you were town, I couldn't be arsed chasing it. "I was drunk" is not an excuse.
Except when it is?

(yeah, sorry about that.)
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

In post 4451, Glork wrote:Lurking has always been a slid scum strategy, and the town's complete failure to recognize and lynch Bella for it is mostly their own fault.
not to sound like an ass but wasn't she threatened with force-replacement and then... not replaced

I don't feel like checking right now but I think someone said she posted
after
being told it was her last prod under threat of replacement, due to you guys prodding her like ten times throughout the game, so if that's the case, well...

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

I mean, lurking is a viable scum strategy but if she has to be prodded
constantly
there's an issue; hence why most mods throw in a clause about "if you're prodded X times etc." and such.

I'll accept the fact that we should have lynched Bella earlier and most of us (at least I) feel stupid for not doing so.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4452, Ankamius wrote:That was a big reason why I went for her D3... :/

We just got caught up in plans to keep me alive, so we let her go.
Nacho pretty much saved her by starting the Venmar counterwagon. We connected ourselves pretty blatantly to Bella D3, and that's how we could have lost. Though I guess Nacho tried to make up for it by bussing her for the rest of the game.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:32 am

Post by quadz08 »

Nacho and Cephrir definitely played exceptionally well.

I also want to point out how much town-on-town violence there was: a
lot
. I think town targeted scum with damaging night actions... 3 times? 2 of which were last night?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 4439, Sajin wrote:Better night action planning would of win this game for town. Town on town violence killed us. I know it can be less "fun" but it is the better play.
Yeah, I also definitely agree with this. I started engaging you on your plan, but didn't want to talk about it anymore when I realized "hey, this is a really good idea".
In post 4447, Nexus wrote:I really don't understand why you all are getting arsey at Bella, when she's just played exactly the same as she's played in every game, Large or not, for the last few years.

We had plenty of opportunities to lynch her, and didn't.
You let her live until LyLo, and then when LyLo came, you wouldn't even let me lynch her. I realize that we were supposed to use her powers for "good" and "control her", but then there got to a part where town didn't even care about that anymore and let her "heal herself because she had no idea who was scum". At that point, her play was unacceptable to the point where she just should've died instantly, whether she seemed like an easy lynch or not.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 4459, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 4439, Sajin wrote:Better night action planning would of win this game for town. Town on town violence killed us. I know it can be less "fun" but it is the better play.
Yeah, I also definitely agree with this. I started engaging you on your plan, but didn't want to talk about it anymore when I realized "hey, this is a really good idea".
In post 4447, Nexus wrote:I really don't understand why you all are getting arsey at Bella, when she's just played exactly the same as she's played in every game, Large or not, for the last few years.

We had plenty of opportunities to lynch her, and didn't.
You let her live until LyLo, and then when LyLo came, you wouldn't even let me lynch her. I realize that we were supposed to use her powers for "good" and "control her", but then there got to a part where town didn't even care about that anymore and let her "heal herself because she had no idea who was scum". At that point, her play was unacceptable to the point where she just should've died instantly, whether she seemed like an easy lynch or not.
It would of absolutely caught you and your zilean bombs out and all the scum false claiming damage amounts and powers.

Notice how most of the scum had damage mitigation abilities to mitigate light town versus scum actions. Town needed to badly coordinate night actions and with everyone using them as they would themselves let scum gain huge advantages.

Damaging someone with no flip was extremely anti town.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

Except that Nacho claimed a role pretty close to what he actually had and didn't lie about any damage, and I claimed my actual role and didn't lie about any actions. If there was coordination, would town have picked targets better? Maybe.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:07 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 4461, Cephrir wrote:Except that Nacho claimed a role pretty close to what he actually had and didn't lie about any damage, and I claimed my actual role and didn't lie about any actions. If there was coordination, would town have picked targets better? Maybe.
Delay effect if someone else dictated his attack target would of been caught out. You would of been far harder to catch but town did not even have a good LY/LO day to try and figure it out because of the poor night action choices made.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:04 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Would it be unreasonable to ask for Night actions? :nerd:
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:04 am

Post by quadz08 »

They were released already. There's a googledoc in one of my posts.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by singersigner »

[.....]

I felt like mafia had a ton of information about how specific roles interacted that town would have ver little idea about like time bomb, pull.

Town info roles were really really weak which made bussing really effective.

Enjoyed the game though
1. I don't think it was bad the first night, to see what happened, but consistently doing it, yeah, I agree that it wasn't the most opportune way to play every night.
2. Do you think mafia had too much information?
3. We were trying to balance town having SO MUCH POWER at their disposal. 18:4 could've gone either way, but if town was a little less zealous about damage and used time and patience to their advantage, it could've easily swung in town's favor.
In post 4443, Sajin wrote:
In post 4440, CF Riot wrote:
In post 4439, Sajin wrote:Better night action planning would of win this game for town.
Maybe. I kind of think we got too wrapped up in night actions and should've played the day better. All the scum had dmg mitigating abilities so just making big aa chains wouldn't have been enough unless we were ridiculously accurate, which again is fueled by day play.

Yes but the multikill that one night would not have happened without town on town violence. Think about it this way: Town was given a bunch of damage roles and split up their usage. Damaging a town player without killing them is strictly anti town. It does not get a flip for information or anything and only makes it easier for scum to hide their own weakening attacks.

But multiple people could not stand the thought of not using their role the way they wanted to. This let us get far less information about the night play. So many players thus used their abilities in an anti town way.

Hp bars were not used well enough as an information tool either.
I already said something along these lines earlier, but I 100% agree that damaging someone without the intent of killing them for a flip or gaining other information is fairly anti-town. The benefit was the first night to allow town to get a feeling for what their were working with, maybe to see who was being honest about damage/health/etc, but then allowing the game to progress from there more naturally.

Were the hp bars not used well enough on our end, or the players? What could/should we have done?
In post 4441, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Bella should've been force-replaced after
going missing for 9 days
and continuously flaking every other game Day.

But with that out of the way, good game everyone. I thought it was a great set-up, really interesting mechanics and heaps of potential. Mods had a hell of a time keeping it all together, and although they dropped the ball a few times, I think a big thank you for all the hard work is well deserved.
Thanks mods team
I already mentioned that I'd be keen for another one of these with a different champ pool, and at the rate Riot adds them there's a few more LoL mafia games up our sleeves, but I get the impression the mods will be chilling for a bit after this big one.

The only let down was the player pool. I think the attitudes and general bitchy bullshit that went on here was schoolyard level most of the time. I've spent a bit of time reflecting on how I can play less of a part in that and with any luck improve my and others enjoyment of the game. Having said that I'm also going to be selective with playerlists in the future to avoid the more volatile babies.
Again, my biggest regret is overlooking a three-strikes-you're-out rule. We didn't do a good enough job with enforcing Bella's activity enough. But I also agree with Glork that it can be used strategically, so regardless of the fact that Bella does it as either alignment, it shouldn't have been rewarded by apathy.

Sorry about the mistakes! Sometimes with a game this convoluted, not even 6 sets of eyes could catch it all (which we had more often than not). We realize now that the only real way to do it is talk through every night action, even if it does take us a couple hours longer to resolve it all, lol. That being said, I know we are definitely looking to make a "Season 2" in the near-ish future, so any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated (now you can see the endless possibilities with this kind of theme game). We've also exercised our element of surprise with regards to the complexity of it, so we'll have to figure out what what we can throw at you next. ;)

MAJOR PROPS to quadz for talking on the bulk of the mundane modding tasks throughout the game. Huge thanks to Glork, hito, and gamma for reviewing and creating the game with me, and again to Glork for reviewing all of the night actions with quadz on top of that. This game was my baby (yes I know it was a long time coming!), and I seriously could not have possibly done it all without them.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If you ever accept pre-ins for a second season of this, I'm instantly there.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

As am I, if you'll have me.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Eh, I might be. We'll have to see when it comes down the line.

...eh, I'll /pre-in anyways <_<

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I would consider it.

Even though I prefer playing scum, I'd rather be town with these mechanics.
Bartleby the Scrivener
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 4464, quadz08 wrote:They were released already. There's a googledoc in one of my posts.
Right you are. Sorry.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”