GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4475 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 4421, Cabd wrote:Oh yeah, Gif, what was your "if i didn't die" plan?
Make TD claim blue scum the next day, and mislynch MS.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4476 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4477 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

also what happened to buldermar? I haven't seen him around
beefycheese
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4478 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

NACHO LET'S BE TOWN TOGETHER NEXT TIME ;^; (HunterxHunter doesn't count because I was in hydra)
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4479 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 4477, borkjerfkin wrote:also what happened to buldermar? I haven't seen him around
He's been super-busy irl. Sounds like it might be starting to calm down.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4480 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by waynegg »

BRO. Did I have anything to do with you killing GiF?
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4481 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by Cabd »

Orci
06-06-2013
04:12 AM ET (US)
BnB has a lot bigger concerns than you, BRO, but you need to step it up

And Cabd is like never going to be lynched so yeah
Woot
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4482 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Not really.

I killed GiF because I was too busy to reread and I had this vague gut feeling that GiF was scum after I was wrong about SAD. I was really sure about SAD/TD, so when GiF flipped red I knew it was TD and I wasn't horribly wrong.

Also GiF why the fuck were you protecting town? My reasoning for not killing Nacho was proved horribly wrong >:C
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4483 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Bork: You made the game awesome as well. Your modding was really top-notch, and I really enjoyed the flavor, roles, setup, etc.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4484 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by waynegg »

Well damn, because that's what I was after and when I saw he didn't make it felt validated.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4485 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 4460, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4458, Cabd wrote:Orci, you're leaving for a while for school right?

WHatcha gonna be?
Nah burnout mostly

Can someone do me a favor. Ill be on my phone for much of the day but I really want to scummy nominate Bork for excellent moderation (also bork game)

Ill do if when I get home if not but y'know strike while the iron is hot
Done

Go nth! http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p5137364

Idic
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4486 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

everyone wanted us dead
whew!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4487 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 4486, pirate mollie wrote:everyone wanted us dead
I only wanted Jiffy dead!
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4488 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 4485, fferyllt wrote:
In post 4460, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4458, Cabd wrote:Orci, you're leaving for a while for school right?

WHatcha gonna be?
Nah burnout mostly

Can someone do me a favor. Ill be on my phone for much of the day but I really want to scummy nominate Bork for excellent moderation (also bork game)

Ill do if when I get home if not but y'know strike while the iron is hot
Done

Go nth! http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p5137364
You are a wonderful person
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4489 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

~Agniratha~
Fiora, at last, reached the final step, allowing herself to fall to her knees as she did. She had made it: The place where she stood, she knew, was called Agniratha, the Mechonis seat of power. Fiora now found it difficult to tell where her own personality ended and Meyneth’s began.

“My lady.”

She was not surprised to see a tall Machina woman waiting for her, her form prostrated before Fiora’s own much shorter stature. “Vanea,” Fiora confirmed.

“Your integration is complete. You must hurry, before he realizes what I have done.”

“Then let us begin.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So is there a Mrs. Gadolt?” Lorithia smirked.

The response, as it had been to all of her other attempts at (overly personal) conversation, was a simple grunt, as Gadolt tended the fire. They sat in silence for a few more minutes.

“A fiance,” he finally replied.

Lorithia raised her eyebrows in response. Gadolt was certainly attractive enough, but he had the personality, so far, of a plank of wood. “When’s the wedding?”

“When this
damn
war is over.”

Lorithia couldn’t think of anything to say to that.
Back to the drawing board.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Nnngh...?”

“Shulk.”

“Shulk! ‘Ey Shulk!”

Shulk opened his eyes and stared directly into the face of a man he thought he’d never see again. “Reyn!” He kicked his legs upward and sat up. “Where had you gotten off to? We had people from colony looking everywhere! If I’d have known...”

He trailed off as he looked around. “Actually, where are we?”

“Eh, Alvis’ll explain. Basically we’re in another dimension or something; I didn’t really understand most what he was talking about. This here’s Juju.”

Shulk only just noticed that there were two others standing behind Reyn: a young homs boy that Reyn had referred to as Juju, and a girl unlike any he had ever seen.

“...And this is Melia. She’s from the Upper Bionis, she says.”

Shulk was mesmerized. “Delighted,” he managed to make out.

“Hello.”

“Pleased to meet you.”

Shulk’s gaze passed to Juju, then hung on Melia a little longer than he’d planned, and then moved back to Reyn. “You mentioned an Alvis.”

“So he did. Welcome, Shulk. I hope you’ll forgive me for forcing you here.”

Another man had approached from behind, and now stood next to Reyn. Two people could not have looked less alike. “Hello,” said Shulk. He had a feeling Alvis was prepared to explain anything he might think to ask.

“Yes, it was I who compelled you to wield the Monado so that I could bring you here. It is time for you to gather your flock and break the chains of fate. Unfortunately, I was forced to expend a considerable amount of energy pulling these three out of harm’s way, delaying my contact with you.”

Shulk frowned. “With me? Why me?”

“A story for another time. In any event, we should soon possess the means to return to the Bionis. It is there you shall make your stand.”

“Stand? Against whom?”

Alvis’ gaze bore into him. “The very essences of the Bionis and Mechonis themselves.”

The Bionis?

“Hear him out, Shulk,” said Reyn. “the Mechon ain’t the only guys wanting to do us in.”

“That will make itself apparent in due time. However, Zanza, the vehicle in which I was to use to return you to the Bionis, has disappeared from the world.”

Reyn seemed taken aback by this. Apparently Alvis was in the habit of revealing information exactly at the moment it became necessarily and not an iota before. “What does that mean, then?”

“It would seem we need to use an alternate beacon.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vangarre sat polishing his rifle for what had to be the third time that day. The others were joking behind his back, he was sure. That was mostly all they ever did. Vangarre would maintain constant vigilance, and his subordinates would slack off and make cracks at his expense.

He’d given up on instilling any sort of discipline in them, and he’d made his peace with that, as there were more important things to do. He’d been a soldier longer than the lot of these jokers combined. And his instincts were telling him that something was about to happen, something monumental. He put the rifle down. He’d better check the cannons too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We found this at her residence.”

Kallian took the slip from the guard and began to read.

“Where would Lorithia have gotten this? A mechon battle plan? I didn’t even know they
had
battle plans.”

“Your orders?”

Kallian rested his chin on his hand as he sat in his late father’s vacated chair. The Emperor had been a prudent man. Perhaps Melia would have rushed off to the aid of some unnamed colony on the Bionis’ leg. But he, Kallian, was not Melia.

Finally, he gave the order. “We wait. Keep your ears to the winds.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My lady,” said Vanea. “The process is complete.”

Vanea gestured to one of the various reflective surfaces in the palace, and Fiora inspected her new body.

It was just as Meyneth had looked, except her face, which had been left intact. Fiora could not tell where flesh ended and machine began.

“Recall all of our forces,” said Fiora. “Zanza’s disciples will grow desperate, now that he is gone and I am safe from the Monado.”
That
, she knew, had been Fiora’s mission: to integrate herself with the Machina called Meyneth, so that she would be the best of both worlds. Meyneth could now control the mechon once again, and she was also immune to the effects of the Monado for good.

“They will not follow you!” boomed a voice from above.

Fiora’s hair stood on end.
It couldn’t be.

“Brother,” Vanea said, apprehension plaguing her tone. “You’ve returned.”

Fiora nodded. “Egil.”

A golden mechon hovered above them, and its cockpit receded to reveal a machina man similar in appearance to Vanea.

“What scheme have you cooked up?” Egil asked. “A homs girl?”

“Appearances can be deceiving,”
Meyneth
countered. “There is something to be said for shoring up ones weaknesses before augmenting one’s strengths.”

“Do you care to stake your life on that assessment?”

Meyneth sighed. “Zanza is gone. He cannot hurt us anymore. You do not have to do this.”

“He is
not
gone! He merely wants you to think so! Trickery, lies, and deceit; it is all they know. It is their nature.

“I will shine the light of judgment upon Bionis and expose them for what they are.”

Meyneth closed her eyes. Vanea had planned for this, and it only seconds later that she was swept off her feet and placed in the cockpit of a silver mechon of Vanea’s design.

“Then, Egil,” came Meyneth’s ultimatum. “You will have to go through me.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I have isolated our beacon,” Alvis calmly stated. “However, she seems to be in a state of flux. We may have to simply wait this out, or...”

The light that had manifested itself on the dome of black that extended infinitely from their oasis suddenly winked out.

“This is most troubling,” said Alvis, his tone unchanged.

“I suppose we have no choice.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shulk saw the room in the basement of the Weapon Development Lab materialize before him, and he knew he was home. Melia, Juju, and Reyn all stood in front of him.

And the Monado, which he had been holding when he’d disappeared, lay cracked in two on the floor.

“Shulk,” breathed Reyn. “The Monado. What could do that?”

Shulk didn’t know, but he had a sinking feeling that Alvis had not meant for this to happen.

A series of tremors rocked the room. Melia had to fight to keep her balance, and Shulk instinctively reached out and grabbed her.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

“Sorry. There you are,” he finished lamely.

“An earthquake,” asked Reyn.

“Artillery,” stated Juju, as if there was no room for debate. “I’m used to it. We get hit by Mechon a lot back home.”

“We should get topside,” Shulk instructed. “Come on.”

They ran upstairs, and soon reached the commercial district. The streets were empty; the citizens had it drilled into them to take shelter when the mechon came.

Dunban and Fiora’s house was at the front of town, near the gate. He had to check on Dunban, and hopefully he’d run into Dickson on the way.

A voice materialized from seemingly all around them.
We demand the presence of Shulk at the front gate. You now have five minutes to comply.

Shulk stopped dead in his tracks, the others whirling around to stare at him. He couldn’t blame them.

The questions flooded his brain.
The mechon wanted him? Why? How long had they been asking? What would they do if he did not show?

The last question fizzled his train of thought. There really was only one course of action.

“I’m going.”

“That’s crazy, Shulk!” Reyn protested. “They’ll kill you!”

“I don’t think so.” Shulk countered. “Why ask for me? What threat am I to them by myself? I have to go, Reyn.”

“Then I’m coming with you, at least!”

“Of course,” he agreed. There was no harm in that. “Juju, Melia, you obviously aren’t--”

Juju cracked his knuckles. “I’m in.”

“Attaboy,” Reyn cheered. Shulk glared at him.

“I will accompany you as well,” Melia stated regally. “I must be apprised on the state of affairs on all parts of the Bionis if I am to take the throne.”

The throne?
thought Shulk. Just who was this girl?

“Yeah, yeah,” Reyn muttered, as if he’d been getting sick of hearing that. “Let’s not keep ‘em waiting then.” He hadn’t left any room for Shulk to protest. He began to walk again.

As they approached the gates, Shulk realized that there had been nothing more than a minor shelling of the area. The Colony militia had hunkered down behind their defenses, but the melee had not been joined.

Across the field stood more mechon than he’d ever hoped he’d see, but the one giving the orders stood at the head; a giant, gold mechon with a monstrous face.

And it was from that space that the words continued. “You are Shulk?” it boomed.

He marched forward, motioning for the others to stay back. “I am,” he stated loudly.

The cockpit of the mechon opened to reveal a rather humanoid looking mechanical man. “Good,” said the pilot. “I am Egil, leader of the mechon army. I’ll not beat around the bush: you have exactly two options: surrender or die. Which will it be?”

Shulk didn’t understand. “Why is this my choice?” he implored.

“You wield the Monado. You speak for Zanza, and therefore you speak for the Bionis. Your secular associations do not concern me.”

“And if we refuse to yield to you?” Shulk said without thinking.

He was still yards away, but Shulk could have sworn he saw Egil smirk. “Then you will meet the same fate as the last one who tried to challenge me.”

The large hands on the mechon opened, and a body tumbled out, landing on the soft earth and rolling toward shulk until it stopped. He approached it, knelt down, and his blood turned to ice water as recognition dawned.

Fiora’s lifeless eyes stared back at his own.

The cries of his friends were a whisper on the breeze against the storm that raged in his heart. Abandoning all pretense of rationality, Shulk ran to the nearest soldier, grabbed his weapon, and took off at a sprint toward Egil, and toward his own demise.

The last thing he saw were a million lights against the forest backdrop as the mechons’ guns blazed to life.

tl;dr: rocks fall, everyone dies. (Except BRO, obviously. You still win.) Obviously the tipping point here is that Fiora wins that fight if you lynched correctly, and Kallian decides to get off his ass and help. Vangarre is still kind of a really unimportant character so he doesn't do anything interesting and believe me if this game were 19p he'd be the first to go.

What’s left to say guys? This game kicked ass and I’m really happy that everyone had such a great time overall. That Metal Sonic business at the end was a bump in the road, but other than that I am happy to have provided a smooth experience for everyone.

Night actions will follow. Thanks everyone so much for playing.
beefycheese
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4490 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 4482, BROseidon wrote:Not really.

I killed GiF because I was too busy to reread and I had this vague gut feeling that GiF was scum after I was wrong about SAD. I was really sure about SAD/TD, so when GiF flipped red I knew it was TD and I wasn't horribly wrong.

Also GiF why the fuck were you protecting town? My reasoning for not killing Nacho was proved horribly wrong >:C
Because I <3 Nacho and he was townreading me anyway so why not let him live? :P
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4491 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Because why not protect your buddy?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #4492 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

one day i will avenge you, kallian.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4493 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

beefycheese
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4494 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Bork, I really do want to say, you've been a spectacular mod. As excited as I am for Xenogears Mafia, I'm even more stoked to be playing under your wing again.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4495 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

:)

thanks
beefycheese
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4496 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

What varsoon said

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4497 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 4496, fferyllt wrote:What varsoon said
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4498 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 4497, Cabd wrote:
In post 4496, fferyllt wrote:What varsoon said
Oh god I feel dirty QFTing varsoon. Somebody help. I need an adult.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4499 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Oh, something I forgot to comment on earlier:

Re the multiball point in the dead QT- I found multiball here to be really fun, but I do agree that it has the potential to be super swingy. Had Rach not got investigated and Orc not NK'd, this game would have been much less epic. I feel like it would be frustrating from a town perspective for your win to be dependent on the two scum teams working against each other at certain points in the game, which forces town to try to lynch from the scum teams evenly despite not even knowing at the start that they need to do this.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”