Newbie 1737 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

UNVOTE:
Shadow vote on Galagya
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:01 am

Post by boring »

Wow, wow. Okay. I see Lmk's point. I'm willing to lynch Galagya today, and that makes three or four of us?

I have to assume that Lmk is town now. Otherwise, that's the boldest chainsaw I've seen to date, and he deserves to win.

If we lynch galagya first, that leaves kuror and gamma as tomorrow's scum pool.

One way or another, it will come down to them, and it will be either Lmk or I left alive to decide. Everyone just needs to keep that in mind.

Lmk, this is your project. Galagya is past prodding point again. Do you want to wait for his return/replacement? Or do you want to proceed?
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:13 am

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 726, boring wrote:Wow, wow. Okay. I see Lmk's point. I'm willing to lynch Galagya today, and that makes three or four of us?

I have to assume that Lmk is town now. Otherwise, that's the boldest chainsaw I've seen to date, and he deserves to win.

If we lynch galagya first, that leaves kuror and gamma as tomorrow's scum pool.

One way or another, it will come down to them, and it will be either Lmk or I left alive to decide. Everyone just needs to keep that in mind.

Lmk, this is your project. Galagya is past prodding point again. Do you want to wait for his return/replacement? Or do you want to proceed?
Yeah, lmk/boring/gamma and i think kuro said he would vote too.

Galagya is on V/LA so I think that excuses him from being prodded. Honestly, I want to say lets wait for Galagya, but hes basically conf!scum at this point so anything he says is iffy. Never the less, I think we owe him the chance to put up a post. Information is information at the end of the day.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:59 am

Post by boring »

In post 727, LmkGuy wrote:
Galagya is on V/LA so I think that excuses him from being prodded. Honestly, I want to say lets wait for Galagya, but hes basically conf!scum at this point so anything he says is iffy. Never the less, I think we owe him the chance to put up a post. Information is information at the end of the day.
Galagya's last login time was between post #722 and #723. Sometimes when I'm busy, I only have time to pop on, read some of the recent developments, and leave. But if I popped in and saw that, I'd probably have said something. He never announced when he'll be back from V/LA, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know how to find that out?

Also, I still don't think Galagya is any more conf. scum than Gamma. I still think it's both. If the scum team was kuror0 and Galagya, he wouldn't have put kuror0 as the highest scum read. He would have pushed toward LmkGuy or Gamma Emerald, and if he needed to distance, put kuror0 in close second. There was no reason, until now, for scum to turn on each other.

Gamma seems willing to vote Galagya now that we're clearly turning on him. It wouldn't do Gamma any good to have a vanity wagon on kuror0 when Galagya flips red. Gamma has seemed like he's been desperately groping for a mislynch all day, and realistically, kuror0 is more vulnerable than Lmk or me. If scum!Gamma can't sell Kuror or Lmk, he'd have no choice but to turn on scum!Galagya.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No, I'm getting over my shitty confbias is what's happening. I was so sure Galag waa town based on my original observation that I didn't realize what he was doing was a gambit to pull me down with him. Why would scum associate with their buddy that hard unless it wasn't their buddy and they were trying to cast shade on a townie in their last breaths?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:13 am

Post by boring »

In post 729, Gamma Emerald wrote:No, I'm getting over my shitty confbias is what's happening. I was so sure Galag waa town based on my original observation that I didn't realize what he was doing was a gambit to pull me down with him. Why would scum associate with their buddy that hard unless it wasn't their buddy and they were trying to cast shade on a townie in their last breaths?
It looks like Lmk is going to pull off his miracle, and it's buying you a stay of execution. I were you, I'd start working on my D4 defense/offense.
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:42 am

Post by kuror0 »

This is so weird I don't even know what to think about it. Still willing to lynch Galagya if I have to compromise there, but this whole situation makes me feel uneasy, mby it is just that I'm paranoid. Let's hear what Galagya has to say, see where he stands and then you guys are free to make the call, my vote for now remains on Gamma at least until I can see Galagya posting something. Any idea when Galagya v/la ends?
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:47 am

Post by boring »

@mod, did Galagya tell you when his V/LA would end? If so, can you let us know so we can plan accordingly?
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 732, boring wrote:
@mod, did Galagya tell you when his V/LA would end? If so, can you let us know so we can plan accordingly?
I am officially tilted. Galagya's V/LA was set to end on the 2nd of October and he has now extended it to the 6th of October. He logged in some point yesterday (this is all in my timezone) and extended his vla. So the 6th of October puts us at less than 48hrs til deadline... The way he has posted, that is just simply not enough time to have a proper discussion...

You can check people's V/LA by checking the activity overview, found next to the page selection at the bottom
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

Last visited:Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Galagya (first post) Aug 30, 12:00am (Last post) Sep 30, 06:04pm (elapsed time) 3 days 19 hours (no. of posts) 77 (V/LA ends) October 06 2016
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 728, boring wrote:
In post 727, LmkGuy wrote:
Galagya's last login time was between post #722 and #723. Sometimes when I'm busy, I only have time to pop on, read some of the recent developments, and leave. But if I popped in and saw that, I'd probably have said something. He never announced when he'll be back from V/LA, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know how to find that out?

Also, I still don't think Galagya is any more conf. scum than Gamma. I still think it's both. If the scum team was kuror0 and Galagya, he wouldn't have put kuror0 as the highest scum read. He would have pushed toward LmkGuy or Gamma Emerald, and if he needed to distance, put kuror0 in close second. There was no reason, until now, for scum to turn on each other.

Gamma seems willing to vote Galagya now that we're clearly turning on him. It wouldn't do Gamma any good to have a vanity wagon on kuror0 when Galagya flips red. Gamma has seemed like he's been desperately groping for a mislynch all day, and realistically, kuror0 is more vulnerable than Lmk or me. If scum!Gamma can't sell Kuror or Lmk, he'd have no choice but to turn on scum!Galagya.
Thats a fine line of thinking, but for arguments already listed, Galagya is still the best lynch for today. From the looks of things Galagya is just going to completely miss this day, which is really unfortunate. I am not really sure where we go from here. We essentially have 2 options:
1. Early Lynch Galagya
2. Lynch Galagya if/when he returns after he has posted and in the meantime we try to work out if second scum is kuro or gamma.

I think option 2 is better in a general situation but I feel like we are just going to be running in circles with this option, so maybe we just lynch galagya. Before we do that, everyone needs to put up thoughts for D4, since someone is also going to be NK'd
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I guess I might as well put my thoughts for Day 4 up first, since I am expected to already have them.
Galagya maintained a heavy townread on me all game, or at least that's what he says. I'm not sure about his skill as scum, but I think this was done with nefarious intent. Meanwhile, it looks like he has done a heavy bussing act on his buddy kuror. This seems like newb scum trying to pursue easy towncred for either survivor.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Looking at what seems to be his original reads list, I think his initial townread was a bit shoddy. Scumhunting seems like an easy thing to create a townread based on.
<Embrace The Void>

kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by kuror0 »

I actually think I saw him logg friday or sat my time so either 30 or 1st but I thought mby he didn't had enough time or something but if he did logg again and still hasn't said a word I'm inclined to believe he is actively avoiding coming here at all. So are we gonna wait for 3 more days till he comes back or someone wants to propose something?

p-edit: I think it is actually your call guys. I am willing if you want to pick between Gamma and me, but to be honest I said everything I could to make my case clear and I'm tired of trying to explain it to a wall. So I've done everything I could and feel kind of let down at this point. So it is up to Boring and Lmk decide which path we take, if more pointless confrontation between me and gamma or galagya and hope the next day phase people got their shit together and can make the right call.
Too lazy to be scum.
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

Waiting to hear boring's thoughts and then we hammer?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by boring »

Fuck it. Unless any of you can think of anything Galagya could do or say in the 48 hours between his return and the day end to change your minds, we might as well get this over with.

We've said all there is to say. Tomorrow will be down to kuror or gamma.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

He'd have to explain why Lmk's case is wrong
and
he'd have to explain his townread of me in order to convince me. I just can't see that happening. I'm ready.
VOTE: Galagya
<Embrace The Void>

kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by kuror0 »

So we got for Galagya then? Seems she is also on board with that
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by boring »

What about you, kuror0?
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by kuror0 »

VOTE: Galagya rdy to finish the day. no point to wait all that.
Too lazy to be scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by boring »

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by boring »

Lmk, wanna throw one on for good measure? We're in twilight til the mod gets around to us.
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 746, boring wrote:Lmk, wanna throw one on for good measure? We're in twilight til the mod gets around to us.
Well sheit that escalated quickly. God I hope I am right :mrgreen:

kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by kuror0 »

Spoiler: Sooo
Too lazy to be scum.