Newbie 1755: Dessert Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Darkshadow64540
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Darkshadow64540 »

allo or dig right now?
How can I quote that which is not said?
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by Not Chara »

more confident on DIG. but we're not lynching right now. ;> let's wait for prods.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Darkshadow64540
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:18 pm

I can't think of a better prod than this
VOTE: DIG L-1
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 594, DIG wrote:
I feel like you're doing a good job right now to help push the game along though. Also I get a town feeling from the way you leave multiple lines open. I feel like scum would be more inclined to try to steer a little harder towards whatever they wanted to happen for the day (although maybe I just like this since it's similar to my play).
In post 600, DIG wrote:@goodmorning - a couple things:

1. I feel like Chara has definitely addressed your points #1, 2, and 5, and you never actually bothered making points 3 and 4 (correct me if I missed something) (Or if I didn't mis something, go ahead and make those points).

2. I bet you are super convincing. That's why I would expect to be more convinced by your strongest scumread.

3. What do you mean by "Usually it's pretty obvious?"
@NC this was just after you and GM were fighting. He clearly mentions the points in GMs argument that he finds are loopholes. This was also way before lemons went on a focused attack against GM.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 763, Not Chara wrote:
why was my being busy (again, being absent was a major factor in goodmorning's lynch and we're all aware of that, including me) enough to make me DIG's top scumread?
When did say that was the reason?
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 779, Spade_Ace wrote:
In post 763, Not Chara wrote:
why was my being busy (again, being absent was a major factor in goodmorning's lynch and we're all aware of that, including me) enough to make me DIG's top scumread?
When did dig say that was the reason and when did he mention you were his top scumread. His top scumread is still allo
Edit by double post.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 763, Not Chara wrote:where did his scumread of Darkshadow go?
In post 720, DIG wrote: Darkshadow's 717 feels pretty town motivated to me. Also the way he seemed so worried after someone he claimed was his top scumread got lynched makes me feel like he lacked any kind of certainty that would come along with already knowing how it would turn out. If he was actually trying to bus goodmorning, he would have been more okay with the surprise hammer.
He has already answered that.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 763, Not Chara wrote:he was mildly scumreading me as a partner with goodmorning, but go ahead and iso DIG and search for my name. the scumread on me only actually shows up after i express my own distrust of DIG and explain why.
I did ISO dig and he had been scunreading you and GM as partners from the beginning. If he was a scum partner, he had no reason to bring such a point so early on in the game.

If he has been mildly scumreading you long before then saying 'the scumread on me only actually shows up after i express my own distrust of DIG and explain why' is wrong.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 771, Darkshadow64540 wrote:ok, where is everyone, I'm getting to the point where I'd almost blindly follow Not Chara due to nobody else talking (I know just blindly following anyone is stupid as hell)...
Instead of believing what anyone says, why dont you ISO your main suspects and find loopholes???
In post 773, Darkshadow64540 wrote:DIG, you've been here the entire game, how do you only have 3/5ths the number of posts as the mod?
The number of posts don't matter. He expresses most of his thoughts in a single post. The content matters not the number.
In post 777, Darkshadow64540 wrote:I can't think of a better prod than this
VOTE: DIG L-1
Please unvote.
I dont want allo to accidentally hammer someone again.
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 774, Not Chara wrote:
i think DIG is the final scum. if not him, then i'm wrong on Allomancer. honestly, Allo maybe he could just be scum, and worried to post at all lest he be lynched, now that he appears to have been given some reprieve. i'd be alright lynching either, because we have one mislynch left available to us.
I think what we have between dig and NC is a town suspecting town case cos a scum is inactive. I am not able to find much things that are clear indications of Dig or NC being scum.

I would prefer mislynching Allo way more than mislynching dig or NC.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by Not Chara »

UNVOTE:

haven't read what you've written fully, going to bed.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Darkshadow64540
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:38 pm

UNVOTE:
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:02 am

Post by SirCakez »

Prodded Allomancer and DIG
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Allomancer »

Sorry about not posting. I expected to be lynched by now.
@Mod: Request Vote Count

Before I do anything, I don't want another mistake like yesterday.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Darkshadow64540
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:22 am

DIG is voting you
nobody else has an active vote right now
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Allomancer »

VOTE: Spade_Ace lots of posts, not much useful info.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Darkshadow64540
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:40 am

In post 754, Darkshadow64540 wrote:Ok, what about me appears scummy? Please be specific.
Allo, please answer me.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Not Chara »

after looking through Spade's response, i think he might be right. at the very least, my issues with DIG might be circumstantial, combined with the fact that i don't have a good reason to have him as lock-town as my other scumreads.

i'll be back later tonight but, if the day continues in this fashion, i'd be alright hammering Allomancer. i'd rather not have him in lylo.

Allo: i disagree, Spade's recent posting has been nearly entirely useful info and arguments. and he has no need to stop me from lynching DIG as scum. all he's have to do was lynch DIG or Allomancer, then not kill me, and scum!Spade would have won the game.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 3.2

Allomancer (1) - DIG
Spade_Ace (1) - Allomancer

Not voting (3) - Not Chara, Spade_Ace, Darkshadow64540

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2016-12-19 21:49:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 791, Darkshadow64540 wrote:
In post 754, Darkshadow64540 wrote:Ok, what about me appears scummy? Please be specific.
Allo, please answer me.
It was more an overall feeling than anything in particular. That's how I usually play, watching a player and getting a feeling
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Darkshadow64540
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:06 pm

wow, forget what I said about not liking the Allo lynch.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Cakez, you have to stop posting chocolate, it's maddening. :<

Allo: why does Spade feel scummier than Dark?
have you had success with this approach in the past? you likely won't get very far with it on mafiascum. even 'gut' reads are grounded in one reason or another, and if you have no reasons at all, there are very few players who're going to listen.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by DIG »

I'm really sorry for going so long without posting. Things are really bad with final papers. I'm on track as of now (and ready to catch up a bit), and I'll try to keep it that way, but I'm not going to make any promises. I do really want to finish the game, but I might not be able to post every day the until the 21...

(
@mod, I guess that means I should be on V/LA?)

I have time now though, so I'm going to catch up a bit.

I'm going to start with some responses to posts aimed at me. spade cleared up most of them up for me though (I'll discuss that later).

@Chara - in 751 you ask, "i wasn't scumreading you for having changing reads, what gave yoi that idea?" - That was the impression I got from "other scumreads like myself, Fieari, Darkshadow, or Ted. it appeared to change based on the situation" in your post 747. - I suppose you didn't really care about the fact that I changed my read of who to lynch before goodmorning as much as the fact that I was choosing lots of different people before I chose goodmorning, but that's what I was questioning when I made my post.

So that's all I can actually find that haven't already been touched on by spade. If I'm missing some, or if you want me to cover something in my own words, I can do that too.

Now for some updated reads.

Spade is still super town for me. The reasons I've listed before still hold, and the many posts defending me while I was busy feel different from normal posts where people defend other people. In this case It was reasonable to assume that I might not come back to defend myself, and spade was making sure the game kept moving along and helping to dispel some of the faultier logic. if spade was scum, he would have no motivation to do this as the day was looking like it would otherwise end with either a Lynch of Allo or me, and I (and probably some other people) had already expressed a distaste for people defending other people.

Chara is now leaning town again for me. Post 764 is really solid logic I think.

I really have not liked dark shadow's past several posts.

In 752 he suggests not lynching allomancer now, because he thinks we all agree he's scum so he's easy to Lynch tomorrow. In this post he manages to assume that we're going to mislynch today and should start planning for tomorrow's Lynch, and sets up what he think should be a quick Lynch tomorrow. (apparently autocorrect has decided Lynch has to be capitalized from now on).

762 seems like he's trying to act like he is trying to breed activity, but it really serves no purpose at all to the game. It's not like Chara had posted and was ignoring spade's questions. asking chara to post while they're not online is not going to help anything. (darkshadow has a couple of this type of post).

777 - if I'm not online, voting for me isn't going to make me suddenly appear. This really seemed like you just wanted to put me at L-1 in the hopes that someone would hammer before I got the chance to defend myself.

Allomancer is still my top pick for scum. They seem to have completely given up on helping. It doesn't even seem like they're really even reading the thread anymore ("lots of posts, not much useful info" is darkshadow, not spade). It seems like they figure they're either going to get lynched today or tomorrow and have sort of resigned themselves to that fact. If they were town, they would still be able to win even if they were lynched, but if they are scum, they can't win without surviving, and therefore have no incentive to contribute thoughts anymore since they can't win.

At this point, I'm pretty sure scum is in {allomancer, darkshadow}
Darkshadow64540
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Darkshadow64540
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:42 am

752 was me saying we need a plan be in case we fail today, I was doubting Allomancer lynch because at the time it looked like everyone was pushing on them for what might have just been a dumb mistake. Remember at the time I was actually voting for him, if I was scum all I would have needed to do was let that happen and then kill one of the people here that doubt me.

762 At the time I made this post Not Chara was appearing as online. Even if they weren't I can't be the only one who set this thread to send me an email on new posts which causes notifications on my phone.

777 We have had several occasions this game of people reading the thread but not replying to anything for days at a time.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 767, Darkshadow64540 wrote:The way I see things, there are 3 skilled players (Not Chara, DIG, Spade) and 2 new/weak players, Allomancer and myself. At this point I'm seriously starting to doubt Allomancer is scum, that makes mafia one of the stronger players. I expect mafia's kill will be one of the skilled ones and they will try to make us lynch the other today or tomorrow.
why do you equate yourself with Allomancer? DIG and Spade are also new, but you're obviously playing.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”