The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 20/5 - 26/5:

Server START-UP Celebration - 22/5/2024 (To-Be-Finalized!)
50%
Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
25%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
25%

Total votes: 4

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #21025 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I'd love a Vanilla + plugins server. Mods make my computer fry >w>
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #21026 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:05 pm

Post by davesaz »

Forgot to mention we have a 2nd modded server going. Chosen's modded adventure 0.7.1, on address ms-chosen.g.akliz.net.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #21027 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 9:36 am

Post by Maestro »

Modded is dead. Long live modded!

We can and will host Modded again if more than 1 person in a month gets online... for now I like how the poll went; we'll be starting up a Vanilla Plugin server ASAP! More details incoming...

@Everybody: If you have any old MafiaScum server world files or builds you'd like to [perhaps] see new life and light in a new age, let me know! No promises, but I'm exploring a possibility.

Note: by this I mean
you have saved world files
you'd like others in the community to see or be able to play in again.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21028 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm

Post by Maestro »

OP updated; of particular interest might be the following - RESPOND TO THE POLL NOW AND BE THERE <3

current servers
~ NEW SUMMER 2024 Vanilla or "Non-Modded" SERVER ~

Minecraft v1.20.6 Java Edition recommended...

... but, for the first time in MafiaScum Minecraft history, this will be a server that supports multiple versions
of "normal" Vanilla Java Edition Minecraft, as well as Bedrock Edition & Pocket Edition!

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LOG IN TO THE MAFIASCUM SERVER FROM YOUR PC

AND ALSO FROM YOUR PHONE OR NINTENDO SWITCH, ETC.

IP address to connect to server:
incoming this week
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21029 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 pm

Post by Maestro »

Please keep in mind, we'd prefer thread-active MafiaScum members be the ones participating in this server. PM I think mainly me, or ArchReplicator, to get whitelisted before any events or server start-up fun, and please read the community rules in the OP

I personally would looooove to see some peeps come back out of the woodwork to play some spleef, add some builds around a new SpawnTown or Honeyopolis if we have one... :')

For the times for a spleef tourney, I'm voting Saturday primarily...

For other games/events, I'm working on an automatically-generating parkour obstacle course, as well as some kind of limited-competitive-region-locked thing, perhaps :)
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21030 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm

Cool!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21031 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 4:27 pm

I'd be interested in playing in the server, is it going be a survival server or something else? Any non-QoL plugins that will be implemented?

Will there be any starting gear given out to people who join within the first month or so to kickstart the thing?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21032 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 5:03 pm

Post by Maestro »

Survival?
- I've heard no disagreement with that idea and it's always been our "norm," so I anticipate
Yes!

Non-QoL plugins?
- There are some I'm looking at for events, like the aforementioned Auto-Generating Parkour thing, but for the "primary" or longer-lived survival part of the server, I expect the only things we'd want to implement are fun/goofy easter-egg-like-or-cosmetic plugins, maaaybe an in-Minecraft Mafia plugin of some kind (but nameplates make this difficult lol) or perhaps in-game ways to get certain unobtainable-and-unproblematic items (for example, Elytra) more equitably to more players.
Essentially though, the answer to the question I'm thinking you're asking is No; no "new content plugins," structures, etc.
Possible tweaking of loot and drops, but only to increase what is available to the player, never to gate or block them in any way.
This is the ultimate sandbox game, IMO, and should stay that way.

Starting Gear?
(and/or Early-Join Starting Gear) - Maybe? If people want that? I'd think the furthest we'd go, however, would be a stack of a simple food item, we often do Bread, and a set of Stone Tools. In the past, that kind of thing has been more of a "message an admin when you first log in if you'd like something to make the start a little more bearable," since we're so non-competitive and laid-back as a smaller community who often just like mining and building together in peace. With plugins, however, we could easily make this automatic, or as you suggest, maybe add something fun for the first month/season/whatever - and I'd already been thinking about having
something
to take the sting out of far-from-home deaths that sometimes leads to sad/rage-quits. Whether that's full-on /back or death "graves" of some kind, we'll see. I'm not fully sure what the limitations on plugins are now; I'm finding out as I research that this has all changed a lot since I last looked into it, I'll be honest!

If anybody wants a specific plugin in particular, btw, throw it in the thread! It's been a long time since we've gone into the deep waters that are a Bukkit/Spigot/Paper server. We've always been quite democratic here to the point where the admins have often been... the players who had the most willingness to learn/money to pay for shit :lol:
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21033 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Post by Maestro »

I'm the former of those 2 admin-types, btw, ETL & Arch are the latter

this is a joke about them being older adults with actual jobs, not a drag on their willingness to learn btw
:P
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #21034 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by ORAM »

Damn, I almost wish I had kept minecraft now. I let my account lapse when it changed over because I just wasnt into sandboxes. But like now if there might be a group it would be cool.

Return to “The Arcade”