Newbie 2034 | Space II | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 605, Tayl0r Swift wrote:theres no world where the lunch today shouldnt be either flea or echo.
In post 608, Tayl0r Swift wrote:RC is town.
If we lunch TS, it sure would help us sort the Flea slot. Just a thought while I'm going back through tallying some pings. Also this:
In post 609, Tayl0r Swift wrote:100% claims arent townie.
But:
In post 594, Tayl0r Swift wrote:uneducated guesser is town. ill bet the game on it.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 617, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 594, Tayl0r Swift wrote:uneducated guesser is town. ill bet the game
In post 609, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 607, EchoVision wrote:also tl
does
hammer here even if he's scum for free town points
there's a zero percent chance that RC flips green and we all know that
this kind of confidence doesnt come from town though. 100% claims arent townie.
While I remember...betting the game is 100% in my book.
Oh wow Flea already called this. My bad disregard
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 639, Town looter wrote:I am about to overthink the shit out of this weird Echo/Glitch vs. Taylor/RC thing we have going
From my POV this is what I see:

Echo
/
Glitch
vs.
Taylor
/
RC

Hmmm...
Rereading through is seriously making me question my read on TS.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Glitch »

Page 28 Taylor vs Scum Hunter would be weird if TS were scum. Not impossible but that would be rather odd.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 704, UneducatedGuesser wrote:Respect for trying, tough slot to replace into.
I second this. Thanks Scum Hunter for replacing into a slot that really didn't have much hope.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Glitch »

The end of a recent game flipped Taylor as winning scum which has me super paranoid.

Reading from my replace in up to now has made me really reconsider my read on UG. I'm leaning town on that slot now. My solve is now between {Flea + Taylor}.

My pings since I replaced in read as:
  • UG: +4 Town Points
    {Null Pings: 2}
  • Flea: +3 Town Points Town Points
    {Null Pings: 0}
  • TL: +2 Town Points
  • Taylor: +3 Scum Points
    {Null Pings: 1}
I'm trying to figure out which way to go now. My gut tells me to change directions last minute because choosing not to do so lost both of my last two games during the endgame (see: The Trials themed large and Large Normal 229). I think that may be the best thing to do here. Flip TS and that will help us sort Flea big time too. I know there's enough momentum ready to go to get her booted.

Yeah. Let's go with that. I'm willing to take a risk here. VOTE: Tayl0r Swift

Are enough of you willing to join me to 86 her? If not then I'll jump back over to Flea and we can do that today and address TS tomorrow.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

glitch i remember one game you posted your notes. would you mind doing that here?
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.03

Starburst Galaxy Messier 94
Image Credit: ESA/Hubble via NASA

EliminationWith 5 votes in play, it takes 3 to eliminate somebody.

Glitch
(1): Flea The Magician
Tayl0r Swift
(1): Glitch
Flea The Magician
(1): Tayl0r Swift

Not Voting
(2): Town looter, UneducatedGuesser

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-10-29 18:45:00).

Mod notes:
:][/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by Town looter »

In post 798, Glitch wrote:
In post 578, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 525, EchoVision wrote:i'm sleepy, don't want to fall asleep and no hammer today
VOTE: andy
this post is literally all we need to nail echo as scum. town never hammers when momentum is building on a new wagon. echo didnt want flea to be the lunch. flea and echo are refusing to give reads on each other. notice how they ignore each other. theyre classic scumbuddies.

RC is town.
I'm trying to sort how to read this now. Are TS's reads just that bad on Echo and RC or is she scum trying to throw shade on Echo and protect RC?
I'm finding this post super weird.

Like isn't this literally what I outlined in my previous post?
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Town looter »

I ISO'd Flea, but I am still really struggling to get a decent read there. There's nothing overtly scummy, but nothing overtly townie either. But if scum they're not really playing it safe, as they have gone on attack against several people.

Only a couple of things really ping:
  • could be a pre-planned push/scum theater with RC - the case is weak, and the push just doesn't feel genuine.
  • In they refer to their scum reads like targets (second to last para), this could be a very minor scum slip, but it can also come from town (hell, I think I am guilty of phrasing something in similar way)
Overall, very null.

So one way or another we have someone adept at hiding, and with 8 hours to go, this isn't a good place to be.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Town looter »

Shit maybe Glitch is scum.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Town looter »

Is anyone around? I want to test my thinking.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by Town looter »

So Glitch makes a series of posts about Taylor and her interactions with RC, which I find super weird because it's kinda the opposite of what I said based on the same information, literally like 4 posts earlier. This triggers my paranoia because based on experience Glitch and I think in similar ways.

So I went digging:

Very towny entrance, and does their overly analytical thing which fits with my Town!Glitch meta, solid TR at this point, even when I look back over it. But one ping upon re-read, which I think someone else pointed out, was where RC was in their reads list: right smack in nullsville.

However, in they mention how red Taylor will be if RC flips scum. Which shows they were well aware of how much Taylor was defending RC and pushing town (Echo) at this point of the game.

But if you compare that to the recent batch of posts where Glitch sort of acts like this Taylor/RC thing is new to them after a re-read. After digging up a bunch of quotes, Glitch eventually moves to Taylor.

This makes me think Scum!Glitch was originally planning on bringing Taylor to ELO and busting out the case they just made, but for whatever reason wants to get rid of Taylor now. Or maybe this was always the plan since there was signs of convergence on a Flea elimination, and they wanted to jump off for town cred? Either way, there's a major inconsistency here.

A few other minor things also stand out:
  • I think Glitch has tried to pocket me (and was successful given I have been TRing them since they came in) by returning my meta read on them early on, i.e.
  • Back to , up until this point they apparently had a strong TR on Taylor, and kinda shows this is still there in as they side with Taylor in the Taylor v Flea thing, so the progression of Glitch SRing Taylor seems odd.
  • There seems to be lots of theatrics and flippant behaviour which seems out of character as I previously saw a very logical/methodical Glitch. e.g.
VOTE: Glitch

I'll set my alarm and try and have a quick read on my phone just in case anything changes between now and deadline, but for now I think Glitch is by far the best elimination option.
signature
Town looter
Town looter
Goon
Town looter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by Town looter »

Also I don't want to eliminate Taylor today. While they
could
be scum, I think occam's razor says they are town. Definitely worth revisiting tomorrow though.

UG is pretty solid town based on today's posting.

Flea is null, but would probably be my second choice for an elimination today because of the interactions they have had with other players, and therefore their flip (even if town) would be very useful for whoever is alive tomorrow.
signature
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

While I'd prefer Glitch, TS is my second option and I will be happy to hammer unless she comes up with something damn good.

Will be checking in every hour-ish to monitor the situation, I do have a thing this afternoon mind but will be here before deadline.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:43 pm

Also no reaction from Taylor amuses me.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:48 pm

In post 805, Glitch wrote:Are enough of you willing to join me to 86 her? If not then I'll jump back over to Flea and we can do that today and address TS tomorrow.
Glitch wrote:

Aren't I a consensus null read here? I'm getting that manure smell again...
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:03 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 806, Tayl0r Swift wrote:glitch i remember one game you posted your notes. would you mind doing that here?
The only notes I have on this one were the ones I posted at the beginning of my replace in. :/
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 808, Town looter wrote:
In post 798, Glitch wrote:
In post 578, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 525, EchoVision wrote:i'm sleepy, don't want to fall asleep and no hammer today
VOTE: andy
this post is literally all we need to nail echo as scum. town never hammers when momentum is building on a new wagon. echo didnt want flea to be the lunch. flea and echo are refusing to give reads on each other. notice how they ignore each other. theyre classic scumbuddies.

RC is town.
I'm trying to sort how to read this now. Are TS's reads just that bad on Echo and RC or is she scum trying to throw shade on Echo and protect RC?
I'm finding this post super weird.

Like isn't this literally what I outlined in my previous post?
Yes basically but I had not read that post at the time of writing what I did. I know that doesn't help since this could be seen as scum lying but I'd rather say something than nothing.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:06 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 812, Town looter wrote:So Glitch makes a series of posts about Taylor and her interactions with RC, which I find super weird because it's kinda the opposite of what I said based on the same information, literally like 4 posts earlier
Wait I thought you said I made fhe same point you did but now this says I was making the opposite? Typo?
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:14 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 812, Town looter wrote:RC was in their reads list: right smack in nullsville.

However, in 631 they mention how red Taylor will be if RC flips scum. Which shows they were well aware of how much Taylor was defending RC and pushing town (Echo) at this point of the game.

But if you compare that to the recent batch of posts where Glitch sort of acts like this Taylor/RC thing is new to them after a re-read. After digging up a bunch of quotes, Glitch eventually moves to Taylor.

This makes me think Scum!Glitch was originally planning on bringing Taylor to ELO and busting out the case they just made, but for whatever reason wants to get rid of Taylor now. Or maybe this was always the plan since there was signs of convergence on a Flea elimination, and they wanted to jump off for town cred? Either way, there's a major inconsistency here.
This is a fair case on me but unfortunately it's just a result of poor town play by me.

My read of RC started as null but rapidly swung down into hard SR prior to echo softing his red check. I don't see much reason to proactively bring my only scum buddy under suspicion before he is already in the spotlight.

Regarding TS, I honestly should have gone straight there at the beginning of the day but I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together. At day start I was just really impressed that my read nj Echo and my read on RC were both right so I kept thinking, "Damn if I was right about them I must be right about my TS read too."

Reading back through the game pinged me on how hard TS defending RC and why I need to reconsider her slot and also she just flipped red at the end of a large theme I was in and I wouldn't have known the difference in her play across any of her town games and that game, so it negated my confidence in my TR of her.

So any way. I think our best chance is to kill of Flea and Taylor and we will win. If you kill me off today, then you'll be forced into some serious WIFOM tomorrow between the two that would be really risky.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 812, Town looter wrote:the progression of Glitch SRing Taylor seems odd.
Yes. I did a complete 180. Remember in our Large how my read on Ralph lost us the game? That day he pinged me town a few times but it was going to be so hard to reconcile that in my mind and do a 180 on his slot that day so I kept my read on him the same. Being rigid and refusing to change my reads during endgame lost us the whole Large.

Then I did it again in The Trials large theme. I was low efforting that game because I was not enjoying it. Because I was low efforting it, I didn't reconsider a tunnely SR of a town player at endgame, voted them, scum jumped on, and we lost.

Both of these losses make me want to not be rigid with my reads here and to listen to the pings I am getting late game upon digging deeper. Normally at this point I would dig in my heels, vote for my long term SR, and then I lose the game. I don't want to play like that anymore. Taylor has independent scumminess as you've said and flea is harder to sort so I would rather go with TS even though I have had a TR on her slot for a long time. I'm just trying to open myself up to the reality that my read on her this game very well could be wrong, as much as I felt confident in it up until my re-read.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:22 am

Post by Glitch »

was me realizing echo had softed a guilty on RC.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:24 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 816, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 805, Glitch wrote:Are enough of you willing to join me to 86 her? If not then I'll jump back over to Flea and we can do that today and address TS tomorrow.
Glitch wrote:
Kind of. My SR of you weakened upon a re-read. But my reads of UG went way up and TL stayed the same so you're still at the bottom of my Poe with Taylor.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 816, Flea The Magician wrote:
Glitch wrote:
I botched the formatting of my last post. Here's what it was supposed to quote and supposed to say:

Kind of. My SR of you weakened upon a re-read. But my reads of UG went way up and TL stayed the same so you're still at the bottom of my Poe with Taylor.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”