Newbie 2035 - Movie Facts (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 824, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 823, Salsabil Faria wrote:if my behavior offend anyone here, I'm truly sorry for that, was not my intension honestly
I don't think anyone was offended? I wasn't at least.
You played good for being new.
you think so? :D thanks a lot :) though some people scumread me here, convincing people is damn tough!! :facepalm:
btw, can I apply for new mafia game? or I have to wait until our mod's confirmation?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 825, Salsabil Faria wrote:btw, can I apply for new mafia game? or I have to wait until our mod's confirmation?
Uhhh idk. I'm not going to pretend i understand the rules this time.
Might be smarter to just wait for mod confirmation though.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 820, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 819, Marky Mark wrote:I was genuinely starting to wonder whether all the Titus/Norway back-and-forth on D1 was some massively elaborate bus.
Yeah i'm quite used to being scumread, it's cool.
I mean you have to admit the whole "Using PRs is lame/boring, I want to solve this with my instincts" thing is pretty aligned with the scum's interests right? Obviously we know that was just a playstyle thing now (and it's great that we have a variety of playstyles on the town's side as diversity of thought is important) but is definitely an argument that scum might make to get town to play sub-optimally.
In post 821, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Btw message to the newbies.
I tried using the word "elimination" over the word "lynch" as that word is getting phased out from Mafia Scum. But i did revert at some points, if y'all sign up to more games try to exclusively use the word "elimination" on this site.
Good to know, thanks for sharing :)
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:51 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 825, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 823, Salsabil Faria wrote:if my behavior offend anyone here, I'm truly sorry for that, was not my intension honestly
you think so? :D thanks a lot :) though some people scumread me here, convincing people is damn tough!! :facepalm:
btw, can I apply for new mafia game? or I have to wait until our mod's confirmation?
Yeah well played, and same to all the other new players. Other than the slot I replaced, I thought everyone was pretty engaged with the game, which made it really enjoyable.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 827, Marky Mark wrote:I mean you have to admit the whole "Using PRs is lame/boring, I want to solve this with my instincts" thing is pretty aligned with the scum's interests right? Obviously we know that was just a playstyle thing now (and it's great that we have a variety of playstyles on the town's side as diversity of thought is important) but is definitely an argument that scum might make to get town to play sub-optimally.
Yeah but then again, if i was actually scum here. Don't you think i would have intentionally avoided doing anything i know might be construed as being in scum's interest? Scum tends to be more self-aware and actively aware of not doing scummy things. It's why i often tend to argue that lolhammers come from town more often than scum.
The fact that i openly argued against your plan because i dislike it on a personal basis is honesty.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:20 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I mean PR's really just obfuscated me this whole game when you think about it.
I was absolutely sure Titus was scum (With AD as their most likely teammate), but then they confused me by claiming doctor.
Then when Titus died i was absolutely sure AD was scum, but then i got confused because the tracker result might theoretically have been doctor!AD that targeted Trendall.

So in reality PR's did abolutely nothing for me this game as i would have solved it just fine without any PR's at all.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Honesty is actually a big method i read other players with, if i feel like someone is intentionally holding back or acting in an different way than i'd predict i will scumread them hard.
Like AD was obviously holding back, acting stiff and awkward etc. It was quite obvious to me they were acting scummy even if Trendall saw otherwise.
This does have it drawbacks too though, i remember i had someone pinned as scum once and they literally just said "yeah, what i said was really scummy. I have no excuses" and i got totally bewildered and actually started to townread them. So definitely not foolproof by any means.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And Titus it was just obvious they had no reason to vote me or scumread me at all, they were lying through their teeth. So that's another caught scum based on them holding an opinion on my slot that was clearly fake.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:29 am

Post by Zurel »

Oh, good grief. Lol. The easiest explanation was indeed the right one here.

Since we have hammered No lynch, will the change counts? VOTE: AD
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Marky Mark i townread even if they claimed to scumread me because their principles held up, they clearly didn't like me arguing against their plan and scumread me for that. That made total sense so i never really suspected them after that.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:32 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 825, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Being read as scum is fine. Each of us get read as scum at least once by someone. For me, as long it doesn't get personal, it's all fun and game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Yeah you're just going to have to get used to being scumread by at least someone all the time. Especially if you are town as the scum will actively find excuses to scumread you no matter how well you play.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:37 am

Post by Zurel »

I should also apologise for not telling everyone I had played mafia before. There was this things called ego which got hurt when I was called a noob from the get go, lol. Sorry if I made a mess of the game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 837, Zurel wrote:Sorry if I made a mess of the game.
Nah you didn't.
Sorry if you got hurt by that, i can get really unfiltered sometimes when i'm in the heat of the game.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:43 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 838, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 837, Zurel wrote:Sorry if I made a mess of the game.
Nah you didn't.
Sorry if you got hurt by that, i can get really unfiltered sometimes when i'm in the heat of the game.
Nah, I didn't get hurt. The ego did.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh, lol. :P

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:50 am

Post by Zurel »

In post 814, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Trendall you need to stop townreading scum slots just because you don’t see rhem doing anything scummy. I tried to explain it to you, sometimes the fact that they do nothing scummy. Is EXACTLY why they are scummy.
This. Aurora was playing too safely. I don't remember much my games as mafias but I imagine that I would play safely if I were one, over being aggressive like Titus. Especially if you're not very experienced with being mafias.

And that is how you can catch me as scum if you see me next time.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think it has to do with experience too. Titus is an experienced player and probably thought they could forcibly eliminate me if they attacked me strongly. But unfortunately both me and Trendall saw through that and also Titus made many bad arguments town!her wouldn't make.
Meanwhile AuroraDash is a newbie with presumably very little experience so it makes sense for them as scum to act very cautiously and try not to say anything too offensive because they are afraid of messing up.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway this was an really fun game and it was great playing with you all. I hope you liked playing with me too and i didn't blabber your ears off. I can post way too much sometimes i know.

- Bunno
Zurel
Zurel
Goon
Zurel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Zurel »

You're great Norwee. I remember unvoting you just because I thought it would be less fun without you.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:03 am

Post by brassherald »

Since there has been basically a surrender at this point, I will just put this here to edit when I have the time after hearings this morning.

Congratulations to the town, who has won.

VC and flip to come. Again, I apologize for my weekend absence.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 843, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I hope you liked playing with me too and i didn't blabber your ears off. I can post way too much sometimes i know.
Nah not at all, I thought it was great.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:49 am

Post by brassherald »

Movie Fact: Sir Patrick Stewart really wanted to play Jafar in Aladdin (2019) and lobbied for the role.

Votecount 2.FINAL
AuroraDash (5):
Zurel, Town Looter, Trendall, NorwegianboyEE, TheDuke

Not Voting (3):
Marky Mark, AuroraDash, Salsabil Faria

AuroraDash,
Mafia Goon
has been eliminated.

Congratulations to the town. PTs will be released in 24 hours, should you want to make any edits, please PM me by then.[/area]
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 832, NorwegianboyEE wrote:And Titus it was just obvious they had no reason to vote me or scumread me at all, they were lying through their teeth. So that's another caught scum based on them holding an opinion on my slot that was clearly fake.
I would have absolutely scumread you for what you pulled. This was just a lucky guess combined with good play by town in supporting you.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

What did i pull? You voted and scumread me for no discernible reason from my POV.

- Bunno

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”