Newbie 2041 | Herbs and Spices | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I've made that comment that I did to Ben recently as town as well. It's well within both ranges.

As for TheDuke thing, I explained that multiple times although Lavars replace in made me rethink the slot. I said that Wiyverns no resistance wagon (which flipped green) was also probably indicative of town duke (though I kind of forgot about this once lavar entered which was bad on my part)

I didnt really like esooas end of d3 as it seemed like a push for towncred but idk if that necessarily only comes from scum
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I think you two should crossvote

its clear just like d2 im being treated as the important vote here.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

there's subtle shading of "oh it could be uncrowned" but no actual pushing in that direction. one of you knows im town and I *think* i know who that is, and the other of you is relatively sure I am too

so yeah put down the votes
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: esooa
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Esooa »

ooh hype gammas posting. I'm walking home from work but I'll post my thoughts from mobile cause I want to
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Esooa »

VOTE: gamma
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Esooa »

@uncrowned in regards to my day 3, I've explained why I posted more. I think the idea gamma mentioned that I had a burst of posting is incorrect though. I've been active every day and day 3 was more so a lull in posting rather than a burst, and I even mentioned my dissatisfaction with the low amount of posts. I'd also like to say that is you're going to look for things setting up an f3, gammas posting about "I hope this is right cause I don't want to be in f3" is more awkward. My posting was actually relevant and it followed my thoughts in the game. I had said before I that I found Lavar town, we found Binatog town, and I thought cozywizards posting was towny. I gave reasons for this as well as reasons I wasn't sure about NMs voting him, and I'd hope you can see the towny thought process behind my wanting to consider it. Compare that to Gammas posting, which is extremely low effort and just just... Idk, but my posting at least had a direction and obvious thought processes that I think you should be able to follow, and Gammas was just there
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Esooa »

On the point of one of us knowing you're town, I think Gammas multi quote was kinda weak in regards to you. I didn't really get the reason for things like his first quote, saying it could be scum or not?? I don't even know, it just looked like filler. I also don't know why so many of his posts were kinda meager in their reads, yet he came out of it being pretty sure he's going to vote me, including initiating a cross vote before I responded. I think Gamma was always voting me over you because I had said before I was likely always voting Gamma. Gamma didn't interact with me at all, including even responding to my own multi quote before voting me
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

ok cool so im confirmed

gimme a bit just eating some cheeky nandos
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Esooa »

Another thing is to say, my playstyle over all this game has been pretty, idk how to describe it, but I'm not apprehensive to share my thoughts and follow through on them. This has admittedly put me in a position where sided with NM, but reasoning for such is explained, both why I wanted to kill binatog and not NM that day. Gamma on the other hand has sat on the sideline all game. You can find scummy things I've done this game but that's the case for every towns game. Gammas posting is blatantly reserved, even to the extent you mentioned previously that you're surprised a town gamma isn't working with you more
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Esooa »

Also, look at Gammas reaction to me pushing NM day 1, saying that's just how he is and other such things. I don't see any reason town Gamma has to deflect from him and this is, imo, WAY more partnery than me pushing him for content. Gamma clearly showed dissonance in where they wanted to push some low posting slots for content, but it's trying to brush off my pushing NM for content. My demands were applied pretty evenly imo
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Esooa »

Also, gamma brought up the Ben night kill again. Do I need to mention smithery time that gamma was BELOW me on Ben's read list?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

so I think gamma this game has treated me weirdly

in the other two completed games we have together, there were times where he questioned me hard. he actually had SRs on me and just generally felt like he really wanted to get a proper read on me

this game he has been so apprehensive toward me that it doesn't feel natural. like a weird middle ground where he's not sure how to engage with me but doesn't want to ignore me out of fear of being SR
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I also think his placement on wagons has mostly been worse than yours so im leaning on voting him atm
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Esooa »

Also Uncrowned, consider day 2 when multiple people were saying he could be NMs partner cause he was defending the push on Binatog from NM and me but the only person he wanted to vote was me and he didn't even engage with me trying to talk to him
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I think I was the one that brought up Gamma/N_M on D2 tbh hahaha

maybe Norfolk did too idk?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1061, Esooa wrote:Also, gamma brought up the Ben night kill again. Do I need to mention smithery time that gamma was BELOW me on Ben's read list?
I can handle an SR on me. I feel like a kill like that is one a team makes when panicking about the potential pressure on them, which comes from newer players.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Esooa »

Also consider that in response to Gammas multi quote I can just phone post multiple paragraphs about my game, and I've been able to engage with every single player that scum reads me and I have reasons for everything I do. I'm not scared to put myself out cause I know I'm town and I don't have to make anything up but Gamma just sits back cause engaging on that level is a lot harder as mafia
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Esooa »

In post 1068, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1061, Esooa wrote:Also, gamma brought up the Ben night kill again. Do I need to mention smithery time that gamma was BELOW me on Ben's read list?
I can handle an SR on me. I feel like a kill like that is one a team makes when panicking about the potential pressure on them, which comes from newer players.
it's pretty blatant I can handle being scum read
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Esooa »

especially when he wasn't even scum reading me he was null reading me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

He also stated the only reason he wasn’t pushing you+NM was deadline
That would be prime nightkill material for you
<Embrace The Void>

Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Esooa »

In post 558, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 551, Not_Mafia wrote:And is that better than not posting them at all? We're all big boys and girls I'm sure we can read your notes taking wiyvern's flip into account
No, I mean that I probably might edit them after Wiyvern's flip here.

If you really want a hint, here is the current readlist that my notes are going off of:

General Macro reads

Norfolk: Transparent Town

Uncrowned: Proactive Town

Binatog: Genuine Newbie Town

TheDuke: Casual Lean Town

Esooa: Aggressive Null

N_M: Controversial Null

Gamma: Unproactive Lean Scum

Wiyvern: Unproductive Scum
In post 539, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 537, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 536, ben dover123 wrote:
wiyvern wrote:I'm just gonna claim since I'm at e-1 and it'll habe to happen anyways: I'm a VT, so hammer me if you want ig, I'm not a power role.

also, I'm a they not a he
Definitely not liking the defeated tone here. It's like they already gave up on the whole thing.
People can tend to do that when at E-1 with less than a day left to deadline
I mean, yes people get defeated when they are at E-1, but what is troubling me is that Wiyvern didn't post any real defense against the attacks against him. I'd at least assume he would try and put some resistance on the wagon.

Having second thoughts about the wiyvern wagon, but I think this is the way to go. We don't have time to ponder over eliminating N_M or Esooa now with such little time on our hands, and plus their flips won't mean as much as Wiyvern's flip right now.
he null read me and says only there wasn't time to consider it, not there wasn't time to pursue it
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Esooa »

This should be an even better look for me considering I literally hard pushed him as scum, and he still comes off null reading me
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Esooa »

And if we're talking about dead players reads, Cozy was confident enough to suicide himself if we get you lynched gamma /shrug
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1054, Esooa wrote:ooh hype gammas posting. I'm walking home from work but I'll post my thoughts from mobile cause I want to
This just feels showy. Why do you have to tell everyone you’re mobile posting? Because you’re trying to show me up. I could super-effort here but I don’t believe it’s worth much at this stage. Instead I’m meting out my investment with a level head. I don’t need to post a bunch because I don’t feel the need to flood the thread with my position. The reason I called out esooa’s D3 posting was because I didn’t see a reasonable cause at the time. When I looked back, the cause became clear as her feeling a need to make herself look better.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”