Newbie 2054 - GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:04 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 73, Kazyan wrote:I mean, there really has to be more to an experienced analysis than just saying "red is sus".
In post 72, Kazyan wrote:Yeah, I'm wondering how to say this in a nice way, but, like. I don't think Ali's posts set a good example for the newbs.
In post 71, 2ndchosen1 wrote:man I'm convinced
In post 70, 2ndchosen1 wrote:her play this phase seems more townie than scummy i think
cantrip just seems like scum here :/
--
In post 764, Alisae wrote:Like the game is just over.
Italiano has seem pretty consistently town. It could be possible that he bussed but I really don't think so and I don't think I want to entertain that today.
Meuh I felt like has just been townie
Marci seems really honest and just doesn't seem like scum
Harumi isn't acting with an endgame in mind and is just trying to play her game. Her read on me is probably something she believes.

Cantrip played this day phase like scum with his positioning and but if you read it's pretty easy to figure out that the guy is just scum.
- Scumreads Harumi and Marci, it seems really likely that these are just villagers.
- Putting Meuh as null seems like something scum would do.
- goes back and forth between krazy, likely cuz krazy is a villager
- italiano and cantrip descriptions are pretty different. For cantrip he tries to make him look good whereas Italiano it just doesn't happen? It's also the only townlean he really gave detail on which is sus.

Like idunno Cantrip's positioning has been just what I think scum has been doing.
- Wants to keep Harumi and Marci in the PoE
- Scum are probably going to try to make Marci look like partners with Chosen, it just makes sense for scum to want to do this.
- Tries to keep Harumi in the PoE pool.

Marci today seems really honest and Harumi feels like they're just beating their own drum.

Games over.
tbh I'll be honest here, I rely on instinct a lot. When you rely on instinct, its really hard to actually explain reads. This is where I mostly played my entire hand on day 2 and I didn't feel like anything else was really necessary which is why you had posts like "I think marci is more townie than scum" and "cantrip just feels like scum :/" I already explained everything I thought was going on in the game prior, I'm just trying to communicate to Krazy where I stand and what I want and how I see the game. I don't need to bring out high level analysis to help organize an elim if me and krazy just need to have a simple back and forth. I'm playing to an audience here. If Krazy wasn't around during the day phase, I think I would try to be a bit more transparent about my thought processes since I know that the audience I'm playing to needs to see that transparency. Krazy doesn't need to see this as much.

Sometimes I can get away with saying "this player is really townie" and leave it at that because there's nothing else that actually needs to be said and any kind of analysis on how to actually reach the conclusion is actually irrelevant. Now you could make the argument that its relevant to newbies because it helps them learn.
So If there's anything that does require an explanation when it comes to anything that I did, I'll happily provide one
as well as elaborate on any conclusions I reached in this post that seem vague and don't lack analysis.
Italiano - has been consistently scumhunting throughout the whole game and is therefore pretty consistently town.
Meuh - I don't think I recall her play being super agenda based during D1 and this is going to trace back to what I said about instinct. Her play instinctively just felt town to me from me understanding the thought processes behind the conclusions she reached as well as actions that she took that I feel like don't come from someone who is trying to work towards an agenda. Also I think she seemed pretty honest at some points.
Marci - Honestly is always a town trait and another thing that stands out her with Marci wasn't really to any kind of scum agenda. To an extent you can say this is instinct as well tbh.

"Cantirp played this day phase like scum with his positioning" Scum!Cantrip makes sense if you plug in Marci and Harumi as town. Sometimes its just as easy as plugging in answers into the machine that is your brain and just seeing what comes out. If you assume that Marci and Harumi must be town, then scum!Cantrip is the only thing that makes sense given his play during day 2. It's like checking your answers in Math. This also has a lot to deal with what I wrote in .
"Scumreads Harumi and Marci, it seems really likely that these are just villagers." Also Chosen wants these two in the PoE because he wants to flip them. When he wrote , he wasn't able to tell for sure if he was the flip during that day or not.
"Putting Meuh as null seems like something scum would do." Leaving this player as null is good because it gives scum!Chosen the option to figure out how they want to position that player later in the game given at the time they were a potential wagon option.
"goes back and forth between krazy, likely cuz krazy is a villager" This kind of behavior when it comes to reads usually comes from scum talking about town because scum don't usually flip their read like this when it comes to talking about their partner.

But let's instead poke at 2 posts on page 36 out of context, go "wow, this player is AFWUL at being a good example for newbies," and then proceed to trigger me within the process which causes me to want to defend myself by saying that those 2 posts on page 36 out of context don't really matter as much when I already played my hand and dumped everything that I was thinking about the game in . If you still feel unsatisfied because I relied on my gut/instincts way too much and this post didn't help then sadge I tried ;~;
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:17 am

Post by Alisae »

I hope I don't sound like an asshole too much in that.
The last part could be kinda dickish and to an extent ya thats kinda just my sarcasm rubbing off.

idunno ig when it comes to actually playing the game i could have done a better job but i just know that this style of play that I've adopted recently has been working really well for me and its kinda hard to teach :/ At least, I wouldn't even know how to even begin teaching it. I think is a start.
Like I definitely was not treating this like a newbie game and just trying to play the game how I would normally play it.

I tried really hard when it comes to explaining the game and giving as much info as possible so idunno I'd probably get really sad to see that I failed in helping newbies because I wrote posts like "this player just seems more townie than scummy" and "this player just feels like scum"
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:18 am

Post by Alisae »

idunno maybe I'm just in the wrong for defending myself ig ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:21 am

Post by Alisae »

ya ig im in the wrong instinct is really hard to teach my bad ig
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:38 am

Post by Alisae »

I just noticed that the above 2 posts could probably be interpreted as being extremely passive aggressive and manipulative.
Sorry, I have a really bad time when it comes to keeping both of those in check as well as trying to refrain myself from posting
GTKAS
| here.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:35 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Wow awesome game guys! Probably one of the quickest games I’ve played on here. Feels good to go 2 for 2 in consecutive days.

Thanks krazy for the advice. I’m still trying to learn the mechanics of this game. Definitely need some lessons on that front.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:27 am

Post by Meuh »

Wow, we did it! Nice to go 2 for 2.
"Meuh -- you're great! really fun playing with you! I felt like you were softing PR and trying to bait a NK, was this correct or did I not get what you were doing?"
Thanks! I also loved playing!
Oh and as for breadcrumbing PR, whether or not I looked like PR was never on my mind on day 1, although I intentionally fixated on the setup possibilities in a way to imply I was a PR on day 2. Glad to see it kinda worked!

GG everyone, this was a great game! :cool:

Also I just realized that EVERYONE involved in the early emoji debate was town, guess that really was meaningless :lol:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:56 am

Post by Meuh »

Oh and for Italiano's claim, I was like 50% sure it was fake, since claiming as cop with no result there seemed like the incorrect play. The mafia would know whether they're in A or C, and since they knew they were in C, they would've just killed Italiano and poof, no more PRs for us. Tbf, I do think Italiano would've been a decent kill for the maf regardless, but if town's reads were off, that claim could've hurt a lot. If we had been in A, I don't think it would've been much better, either. You still played great though, Itali, my bad if this sounds rude! :D
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Kazyan »

You are not at all in the wrong, Alisae. I was really being a jerk with a short memory, and the former is something I need to work on. I've been summarily unpleasant during this game, mostly to you and Krazy, and it's not fair at all to you or anyone.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:18 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 922, Krazy wrote:
In post 28, Nexus wrote:
In post 17, Kazyan wrote:Also this is kinda bad sportsmanship, but if you get scum for a third time, you could just not confirm the PM.
Don't do this
I can confirm that discussing whether you would or would not accept scum role pms is in fact something that WILL get you banned on this site so it's best to avoid even talking about replacing out due to seeing red in the PM.
oh no, my job/fam/friends do keep me from being on here to much, and often times it can be a hard ask to even read things through carefully as I've only got like an hour before sleep for looking at things. I definitely liked that my last game I could ping ideas off other mafia more than this one but that's how it goes I s'pose. Was also an attempt to break my last play cause I was under the impression meta is used a lot. it doesn't help I've literally not had a town perspective at all yet
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:21 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

the gambit was based off of what I heard from Hayker, where suicidal things tend to be towny. I was legit expecting Kazyan to not vote me immediately after the "no."
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Kazyan »

Townies are weird. That must be why it's so hard to emulate one.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:31 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

Also meant to quote this, Q+ messing with me again
In post 921, Krazy wrote:Chosen -- Honestly I think avoiding spewing too much was an altogether reasonable choice, I still don't think you'd have pinged me so much if you'd been a bit more liberal with your vote. If you write a post that says you're basically scumreading someone, you should vote them, and if you write a post saying someone is no longer your scumread, you should vote someone else. That day 2 took *all* of day 2 reflects how little I got out of your iso lol.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:35 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

I'm curious of Marci's thoughts now, she at least said she was lost most the game
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 18, Meuh wrote:Hey everyone!!! time for town to win :cool: VOTE:
Kazyan
for not having an anime girl as their pfp.

Scummies, you should out yourselves now! Otherwise we'll catch you and you'll face HARSH consequences for your crimes :D
As mentioned, in case anyone thinks greeting tell is at all consistent, the biggest 'greeting tell' player this game was town -- I feel like this is the case for most "tells" -- they can help you keep an open mind but shouldn't supplant your other reasoning on the read
vote conspiracy
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:12 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

so what was the Town PR?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Meuh »

It was Italiano, the cop! We were in A3, so only cop as pr.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Meuh »

C1* wow I really messed that one up :lol:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Kazyan »

Yeah, it looks like Krazy's jailkeeper claim was an attempt at sacrificing herself (drawing the nightkill) to give IVD another shot at investigation. Doing that in a hammer post looks really solid, since the town doesn't have a chance to talk it out, and it'd the last word on the subject before the mafia have to make a decision. If Cantrip were town and Krazy's gambit had worked, the town would have gone into Day 3 with a cop, an innocent, one scum, and two unconfirmed players. That would have made the Mafia's path to victory so narrow that it would practically be an auto-loss.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

if I survived D1 IVD was on my list of people needing to gotten rid of, wouldn't have gone down the SE list, but last game I got a lotta success from hitting those who simply did good deductive/stabilizing posts. there needs more paranoia and tin foil hatting
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:43 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

wasn't cause I even thought he was PR tho as that's almost an afterthought to me
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:44 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

we did both get pings off Kazyan for mason tho
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:46 am

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

In post 617, Kazyan wrote:What? Like, if we were masons together? If I knew for sure that anyone was town, this would be a lot easier.
this hit me as an actual mason crumb, I've seen him do decent crumbing last game and fell into that pothole
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Kazyan »

The accidental mason ping probably stabilized the situation for town a little--it was better to lose me than any of the townblock.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 945, 2ndchosen1 wrote:if I survived D1 IVD was on my list of people needing to gotten rid of, wouldn't have gone down the SE list, but last game I got a lotta success from hitting those who simply did good deductive/stabilizing posts. there needs more paranoia and tin foil hatting
It usually takes me a while but once I can get my bearings I can figure things out fairly good.

@Cantrip: we’re you trying to get people to follow you onto me why you stuck with me so long?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”