Newbie 2070 - Airplanes | GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 921, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 918, Val89 wrote:a, there is 100% NOT a reason not to scumread Roden today if you think he is scum, none what-so-ever.
do u want me to give a scumcase on roden???

because i will if that helps you evaulate me???
Your focus should obviously be on Roden in that case, don’t you think? but if you honestly think it’s Roden. why are you voting Clark?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:53 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 924, Val89 wrote:And yet you still tell me you won't "push the narrative" that Roden is scum today because you can't get him limmed?

Let me ask you this another way - if we limmed Clark today, and they turn out not to be scum; and assuming for some currently unfathomable reason Roden isn't the NK, Who do you vote for D4 between me and Roden? What if I am the lim today, who do you vote then, Clark or Roden?
no.

because i dont think they are scum

i will be voting clark
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:53 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 925, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 918, Val89 wrote:a, there is 100% NOT a reason not to scumread Roden today if you think he is scum, none what-so-ever.

Your focus should obviously be on Roden in that case, don’t you think? but if you honestly think it’s Roden. why are you voting Clark?
no.

i scumread clark.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 927, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 925, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

no.

i scumread clark.
Why 901 then? About me and Roden being unlimable today? I just don’t understand why you’d even say that then?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

UNVOTE: Val89

VOTE: GrandpaMo
In post 834, ClarkBar wrote:Ok. My last vote switch. I promise. Provided some hug slip, of course.
Eliminate all liars? Go for it! I can't do this anymore. Grandpa is just a bubbling cauldron of scumminess and I'm done giving him a pass because that's just the way he is. I'm a man of principal, maybe to a fault, and Grandpa is too much. Exploring PR's and just nakedly following the path that town is giving him and declining to make efforts to pursue clear scumreads is just awful.

@Grandpa: If you are town please stop saying "pushing the narrative". Unless you are Morgan Freeman talking about penguins a narrative implies a story. Hence a creation. You have consistently just gone with how you percieve the wind is blowing.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 893, Val89 wrote:It's 100% in ClarkBar, GrandpaMo; but I'm really struggling to decide who is the best chance of just start up ending the game today.

I think it's clear there is no PR now. We've all come out and talked today, and nobody has a claim - I was trying to soft that I might have a PR role at the end of D1 and into D2 in order to try and maybe draw the NK, but I'm VT. If there was a PR, its either FN, and one of the slots is conftown and should have gotten that message to a breathing slot by now; or it's a tracker, in which case they should have cleared at least one slot, if not two, by now as well as being conftown themselves; and the nobody has come out to clear slot mechanicially when that would help us a lot right now. I would treat any PR claim henseforth with a HUGE pinch of salt, particulary if it came from Grandpa.

If there was a PR, then T3 dying in belief that maybe he was actually tracker and it was the claim-retraction was false makes a bit of sense, but if there is no PR, then his death must have been for another reason. T3 is the biggest risk to a scum!Grandpa, as Grandpa himself has been open about since D1, so I think T3 death makes scum!Grandpa a bit more likley.

Then again, no PR means Grandpa's apparent PR hunting on D2 wasn't scummy. Why would scum PR hunt when they know there is no PR? That makes scum!Grandpa less likley.

So yeah....fuck.
Ok, I caught up on reading posts, but I'm gonna reply to this specifically because I had a plan but realized it might backfire if we get today's vote wrong and I don't get NK'd.

I am the Tracker. I town locked Val today even though I was suspicious of him yesterday because I checked him on Night 2 and didn't get a hit. With one scum left and the other PR dead, I know he is 100% confirmed town. That's why I've been so adamant about him being town and threatened to vote anyone who tried to push him.

I tried to bread crumb this but I got scared no one was catching on. The plan was to let my role flip and my town reads lead you guys to victory tomorrow if we get it wrong today, which is also why I'm pushing Clark and Grandpa. But I realized if Nancy ends up being the NK instead I'll just make ELo chaotic if I wait until then to out myself.

I'll clarify now though that I haven't tracked Nancy, my town read on her is literally just a town read. If she's scum then GG but I seriously doubt she is after everything that happened on Day 1.

My Night 1 track was T3 btw. I partially did it because he fake claimed Tracker, but I also bread crumbed that I was going to in my introductory posts.
In post 235, Roden wrote:
In post 234, T3 wrote:I'm going to do a really good Roden read at some point.
Everyone should trust whatever read T3 has on me, the past four out of five games I've been in have now had T3 in it, and he's personally seen my scum playstyle in detail.

Unless he's scum of course. T3's way more of a wild card than me lol, so
idk if I'll have a strong read on him until probably Day 2.
His posts feel town so far though. I didn't like the Grandpa wagon but it didn't feel like he was grasping at straws to justify it.
This is why I had a weird reason for town reading him Day 2. I knew he was town and just had to latch onto something to make sure he wasn't getting elim'd. I was actually worried I was making my crumbs too obvious, but with Psyche CC'ing James and T3 taking the bullet for Tracker I thankfully didn't die.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Val89 »

So, it should be GG then. Nancy is town, I agree 100%, I am mechanically confirmed town; so scum is in {Clark, Grandpa}. It doesnt matter which order we lim them in, right?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Val89 »

And that reveal also means Grandpa's D2 play suddenly because scummy AF again. I think my vote is in the right place.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 930, Roden wrote:
In post 893, Val89 wrote:It's 100% in ClarkBar, GrandpaMo; but I'm really struggling to decide who is the best chance of just start up ending the game today.

I think it's clear there is no PR now. We've all come out and talked today, and nobody has a claim - I was trying to soft that I might have a PR role at the end of D1 and into D2 in order to try and maybe draw the NK, but I'm VT. If there was a PR, its either FN, and one of the slots is conftown and should have gotten that message to a breathing slot by now; or it's a tracker, in which case they should have cleared at least one slot, if not two, by now as well as being conftown themselves; and the nobody has come out to clear slot mechanicially when that would help us a lot right now. I would treat any PR claim henseforth with a HUGE pinch of salt, particulary if it came from Grandpa.

If there was a PR, then T3 dying in belief that maybe he was actually tracker and it was the claim-retraction was false makes a bit of sense, but if there is no PR, then his death must have been for another reason. T3 is the biggest risk to a scum!Grandpa, as Grandpa himself has been open about since D1, so I think T3 death makes scum!Grandpa a bit more likley.

Then again, no PR means Grandpa's apparent PR hunting on D2 wasn't scummy. Why would scum PR hunt when they know there is no PR? That makes scum!Grandpa less likley.

So yeah....fuck.
Ok, I caught up on reading posts, but I'm gonna reply to this specifically because I had a plan but realized it might backfire if we get today's vote wrong and I don't get NK'd.

I am the Tracker. I town locked Val today even though I was suspicious of him yesterday because I checked him on Night 2 and didn't get a hit. With one scum left and the other PR dead, I know he is 100% confirmed town. That's why I've been so adamant about him being town and threatened to vote anyone who tried to push him.

I tried to bread crumb this but I got scared no one was catching on. The plan was to let my role flip and my town reads lead you guys to victory tomorrow if we get it wrong today, which is also why I'm pushing Clark and Grandpa. But I realized if Nancy ends up being the NK instead I'll just make ELo chaotic if I wait until then to out myself.

I'll clarify now though that I haven't tracked Nancy, my town read on her is literally just a town read. If she's scum then GG but I seriously doubt she is after everything that happened on Day 1.

My Night 1 track was T3 btw. I partially did it because he fake claimed Tracker, but I also bread crumbed that I was going to in my introductory posts.
In post 235, Roden wrote:
In post 234, T3 wrote:I'm going to do a really good Roden read at some point.
Everyone should trust whatever read T3 has on me, the past four out of five games I've been in have now had T3 in it, and he's personally seen my scum playstyle in detail.

Unless he's scum of course. T3's way more of a wild card than me lol, so
idk if I'll have a strong read on him until probably Day 2.
His posts feel town so far though. I didn't like the Grandpa wagon but it didn't feel like he was grasping at straws to justify it.
This is why I had a weird reason for town reading him Day 2. I knew he was town and just had to latch onto something to make sure he wasn't getting elim'd. I was actually worried I was making my crumbs too obvious, but with Psyche CC'ing James and T3 taking the bullet for Tracker I thankfully didn't die.
I believe Roden and I put my vote in the right slot. If Roden is speaking the truth this should be a sure thing whether or not I'm eliminated today or not.

What a fucking relief, if true. I'm not going to push against this claim.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

Sorry for quoting, not sure how that happened.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Roden »

If someone wants to counterclaim me, please do it so we can make the game easier.
Val89 wrote:So, it should be GG then. Nancy is town, I agree 100%, I am mechanically confirmed town; so scum is in {Clark, Grandpa}. It doesnt matter which order we lim them in, right?
Correct. It's what I've been trying to lead us to.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 935, Roden wrote:If someone wants to counterclaim me, please do it so we can make the game easier.
Val89 wrote:So, it should be GG then. Nancy is town, I agree 100%, I am mechanically confirmed town; so scum is in {Clark, Grandpa}. It doesnt matter which order we lim them in, right?
Correct. It's what I've been trying to lead us to.
Why not say so earlier? I mean you did in so many words, but what would have been the harm in revealing this earlier?
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 930, Roden wrote:The plan was to let my role flip and my town reads lead you guys to victory tomorrow if we get it wrong today, which is also why I'm pushing Clark and Grandpa. But I realized if Nancy ends up being the NK instead I'll just make ELo chaotic if I wait until then to out myself.
Nevermind.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Val89 »

I'm with you; I've
wanted
Nancy to be scum after what happened D1, because I think I'll sleep better at night knowing that reaction came from scum doing scum things; but reading the thread again over the course of N2; I decided if that Nancy V James thing was scum theatre, they both deserve an Oscar, and the win for it.

There wasn't a lot to work with D2, but I saw nothing scummy from D1 onwards, and her reaction to realising she might be casting the deciding vote in a tricky ELO seemed genuine as hell, and I felt elgimately sorry for her position. I don't see scum doing that. She's locktown.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by ClarkBar »

So the game is essentially over. Vote me or Grandpa, doesn't matter. Vote Grandpa though for a quicker resolution.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Val89 »

Yeah, even if it is Clark, he can't kill Roden because that would confirm him as tracker, and Nancy is never going to vote me in that situation. He has to NK me or Nancy, and the remaining two are always voting Clark D4. The only tricky business is if Roden is fake claiming, but there would have been absolutely no need having been townread by basically the whole playerlist - he could have just stayed quiet and rode that to victory.

The crumb is pretty compelling too - I remember doing a bit of a double take when I read that, but I guess I just forgot all about it. I also remember thinking T3 was also softing Mason with Psyche at some point on d!, which was odd after his tracker crumb, but I don;t actually remember which post made me think that, now.

Nancy, unless you are about to tell us you are actually the tracker, I think we are done here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Nope, I’m just plain old vt and I really think it’s Mo. Clark is doing one helluva job if he’s actually scum but I don’t think so.

VOTE: Grandpa Mo

Hopefully we won’t need to worry about Elo and the game ends with this.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 939, ClarkBar wrote:So the game is essentially over. Vote me or Grandpa, doesn't matter. Vote Grandpa though for a quicker resolution.
I was tr Mo until today but pretty much everything he’s posted since daystart screams scum to me and your posting has been really townie.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 3.04
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

Elimination
GrandpaMo
(3): Val89, ClarkBar, Nancy Drew 39
<=HAMMER

ClarkBar
(1): GrandpaMo

Not Voting
(1): Roden

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-07-15 18:36:48).

Mod notes:
An elimination has been achieved.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Marashu »

GrandpaMo has been Eliminated. He was a:

Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

Night 3 begins and will end in (expired on 2021-07-13 22:58:32). PM me your night activities, as applicable.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:05 am

Post by Marashu »

A fast night has been requested. Night 3 can end early if all living players PM their consent.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Marashu »

Val89 was killed in the night. He was a:

Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

Day 4 begins and will last (expired on 2021-07-20 22:57:17).
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 4.00
Concorde

Elimination
Not Voting
(3): ClarkBar, Roden, Nancy Drew 39

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-07-20 22:57:17).

Mod notes:
With 3 alive, it takes 2 votes to achieve an elimination.
Last edited by Marashu on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by Roden »

Should go without saying, but I didn't get a result last night. The NK was also what was expected.

Clark, unless you have a crazy strong case against Nancy, I don't see how you're not the last scum. I'm not auto-voting you because it's possible you do have a case against her, but I'll be honest, it's gonna be an uphill battle.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 946, Marashu wrote:
Val89 was killed in the night. He was a:

Spoiler:
Vanilla Townie

Day 4 begins and will last (expired on 2021-07-20 22:57:17).
In post 947, Marashu wrote:
Official Vote Count 4.00
Concorde

Elimination
Not Voting
(3): Val89, Roden, Nancy Drew 39

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-07-20 22:57:17).

Mod notes:
With 3 alive, it takes 2 votes to achieve an elimination.
@mod, I think this must be a mistake.

Thanks, fixed - M
Last edited by Marashu on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”