Newbie 2073: Parfait (Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:58 am

Post by T3 »

This is on me, I won't do stupid stuff in a newbie again.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:00 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 900, T3 wrote:This is on me, I won't do stupid stuff in a newbie again.
I'm gonna hold you to your word there.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:20 am

Post by shwinnebego »

GG everyone, and good play by the evil team!

I think the long game days here are tough for me.
shwinnebego
shwinnebego
Goon
shwinnebego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:59 am

Post by shwinnebego »

Was the no NK intentional then?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:05 am

Post by catboi »

In post 899, T3 wrote:
In post 880, catboi wrote:I'll be having a word with the listmod about T3 after the game officially concludes though, because in my opinion his play was absolutely inexcusable for a SE in a newbie game. The opening post says not to fakeclaim as town, doing what he did was completely antitown.
:////
I played terribly. I was very sure of my reads and thought people would see what was going on. It didn't help that I was tunneled from page 5 for a joke crumb.
In post 900, T3 wrote:This is on me, I won't do stupid stuff in a newbie again.
It's very hard to believe this is any sort of a sincere apology, given that there's absolutely no reasonable explanation for having made that claim in the first place, and your penchant for similar stunts in other games.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:12 am

Post by T3 »

That game everything I said was a joke.
Cros my heart, I won't do this as town in a newbie.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 903, shwinnebego wrote:Was the no NK intentional then?
Kind of. I suggested either killing Catboi or going for no kill to keep as many suspects as for possible for endgame, but we didn't come to an agreement in time and defaulted to no kill.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Good game everybody.

I was not expecting Roden and StD to be the mafia team.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

RIP Radical Rat, who died instantly.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 880, catboi wrote:I'll be having a word with the listmod about T3 after the game officially concludes though, because in my opinion his play was absolutely inexcusable for a SE in a newbie game. The opening post says not to fakeclaim as town, doing what he did was completely antitown.
To be honest, I think nonstandard gambits are cool sometimes.
T3's move might not have been the best, but it did generate some reactions and stuff.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 906, Roden wrote:
In post 903, shwinnebego wrote:Was the no NK intentional then?
Kind of. I suggested either killing Catboi or going for no kill to keep as many suspects as for possible for endgame, but we didn't come to an agreement in time and defaulted to no kill.
It's nice to get a no kill every once in a while.

Now, if two people in the game were AFK during the entirety of the night, that no kill gambit might've been even better. :)
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by navigatorv »

My hat's off to Roden, I only started picking up on his scumtells after I already knew his alignment.

Honestly it's kinda funny how I initially thought Shwin was just a troll, but by day 2 he was the one I found myself rooting for lol

Wish Val would check things out now that it's over, I'm definitely interested in hearing what was going on with him at the end there

Overall, this game was kind of a nightmare but definitely an entertaining one and I definitely think mafia did wonderfully (I might have to take some notes if I ever get a scum role lol)
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by Roden »

GG, thanks everyone. I hope Val checks in too, because I think I know what he was going for but I had to push him anyway.

Btw Nav, what actually are my scum tells? I'm pretty aware of my playstyle, but I'm not sure which subtleties give me away.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:17 am

Post by catboi »

Well, anyway, now that the dust has settled, I hope the newbies from this game stick around even if the game was a bit of a disaster. I did enjoy playing with you all regardless.

Although I feel uncomfortable with giving advice, as I was largely awful this game, if anyone wants feedback, feel free to ask.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:32 am

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 913, catboi wrote:Well, anyway, now that the dust has settled, I hope the newbies from this game stick around even if the game was a bit of a disaster. I did enjoy playing with you all regardless.

Although I feel uncomfortable with giving advice, as I was largely awful this game, if anyone wants feedback, feel free to ask.
I think you did pretty well.
I will take some feedback. :)
navigatorv
navigatorv
Goon
navigatorv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:12 am

Post by navigatorv »

In post 912, Roden wrote:GG, thanks everyone. I hope Val checks in too, because I think I know what he was going for but I had to push him anyway.

Btw Nav, what actually are my scum tells? I'm pretty aware of my playstyle, but I'm not sure which subtleties give me away.
Honestly they're very subtle, but knowing you were scum let me notice that you have a tendency to project and at times your posts gave off the vibe that you knew more than you let on (because obviously you did). But like I said, it's very subtle and I probably wouldn't notice it in a proper game with you
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Roden »

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I can definitely see the projection, though I thought I was being careful about TMI. But if it's vibes it might be a tonal thing then, which I feel like is one of my bigger weaknesses in general as scum.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 914, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 913, catboi wrote:Well, anyway, now that the dust has settled, I hope the newbies from this game stick around even if the game was a bit of a disaster. I did enjoy playing with you all regardless.

I think you did pretty well.
I will take some feedback. :)
Nah, game was really bad even by my usual standards.

As you, hm. You got hit with some early suspicion but had a decent response to it, it just took a while for me to stop being hung up on suspecting you. It wasn't really until I reread you that I said to myself "oh, he's actually doing things." In some sense you get hit for fluffing around to start, but I don't really want to tell you to stop that, it's not like everyone is obligated to be serious business immediately all the time. I think the biggest trap you fell into this game was scumreading Meg just because his read on you was incorrect - I think in the future it's worthwhile to remember that someone can be wrong or have faulty reasoning and still be town. (Of course, I was wrong there too, I think his absence from the game complicated things a lot, as well as a lot of other things going wrong). Other than that, I think you could stand to be a little more assertive with your opinions in games. Pretty minor, I think overall you were fine this game and most of the stuff that went wrong was outside your influence.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>