Newbie 2083: Viae Romanae - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 749, Looker wrote:I'm also curious as to why I would NK Andres, the only other person on the kennyk wagon, instead of killing someone on the DkKoba wagon and leaving doubt/mystery between myself and Andres, especially if I'd been suspecting him already. It just doesn't make sense.
Maybe you NKed him to say this exact thing right now. :mrgreen:
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by MBot »

I believe that I already mentioned that I saw Andres NK as a way to eliminate someone who looked very town with his last statement. I can't imagine why mafia would make that kind of statement about Koba if they knew Koba was going down as fellow scum. Too big brained to consider that mafia staged that to give them TC for the next day.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:16 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-2

One feature of most consular roads is that if the terrain allowed or could be shaped to allow, they ran straight from point A to point B.

Looker
(1): Val89

Not Voting
(4): MBot, fixer, Looker, kennyk

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: December 6, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-12-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 748, Looker wrote:You of all people because you voteparked DkKoba then jumped off when [their] wagon started to gain traction, only to make sure you were in the exact middle of [their] wagon when it went through
That's some gaslighting right there - I had to go back and look at my own voting pattern D1 through fresh eyes to see if that description, as uncharitable as it is, could ever reasonably describe it. It doesn't. What's going on here? Are you confusing me with someone else? Are you trying to suggest I am scum who worked as hard as I could to get my partner limmed D1? In any case, why would my voting pattern on D1 change how I viewed how suspicious or otherwise I would find your progression on a slot on D2?
In post 748, Looker wrote:And you're reiterating yourself by quoting my answer and then asking the same question again, seemingly injecting spin.
I am repeating myself because I still don't have an answer. There is no spin here. It's exactly what happened with Koba - I had a slight suspicion about something said or done, asked a sensible question about it, and instead of an answer, got shade and evasion in return. I'll ask again, because the more times I have to keep asking without getting an answer, the more I think you don't have one.

If I am misconstruing your answer, and the reason you listed T3 as town in is
not
because you already had 3 scumreads; why were you townreading T3 at that point? What had changed by the end of the day that you you were prepared to hammer a townread of yours, and to do so even without a claim? I think those are sensible and reasonable questions to ask, no?
In post 748, Looker wrote:"Implications of idiocy" is inaccurate appeal to emotion
In post 743, Looker wrote:The "you better tell me now" requires an eye roll and this entire push is weird coming from you of all people.
In post 748, Looker wrote:Are you ESL?
Yeah. OK.
In post 748, Looker wrote:You're either voting out of spite or opportunism, but it's not going to end well for town.
Spite for what? I do see an oppotunity to vote a slot I think is most likely flipping scum here, and by a good margin. The only other slot I am concerned about at this point is fixer, and that's largely because they were absent enough that I don't really enough to have a handle on his alignment - but none what I have seen hasn't really pinged me as scummy; null, rather than scum, whereas Looker has pinged me as scummy and I think our interactions today are a clear indications as to why. I make no appologies for starting with a scummy slot over a null one.

I'm eliminating Mbot and Kenny from my PoE completely. I'll tell you this for free - if I ever get to the stage that my mere appearence in a game is enough to have other players call me 'obvtown', openly sheeping my reads, and even having other slots telling people it would be better to mislim a town PR than me, and that other players opinion matters less and everyone would be a better player if they just stopped thinking for themselves and followed what I was doing, as Andres did twice; all while being as openly scummy as Koba was D1, I abolsutely fucking guarentee you I would not use that power to point the finger at my own partner, under any circumstances.

I fail to see how any sensible player would, and while I don't understand how Koba got to that point, I really don't think it was by throwing games and playing against their win condition. I think I would have to see examples of where Koba did such a anti-wincon thing previously before I could even consider the possiblity that we are looking at kennyk or Mbot. Scum there doesn't make any sense to me.
In post 749, Looker wrote:I'm also curious as to why I would NK Andres, the only other person on the kennyk wagon, instead of killing someone on the DkKoba wagon and leaving doubt/mystery between myself and Andres, especially if I'd been suspecting him already. It just doesn't make sense.
No, it doesn't, this one I give you. Andres is someone I would have looked at for Koba's partner if he were still alive. The problem is, I don't think it makes sense coming from ANY partner, so it doesn't really stand to help convict or clear anyone, and perhaps that was the point. I don't agree with MBot that his final statement made him look town, but if others would have given him towncred for it, perhaps there is some truth there. Certainly I would buy that explaination before I brought that the NKs were calculated specifically to troll you, or whatever you were trying to tell us in your first post of the day.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:21 am

Post by kennyk »

@MBot: Who do you see as thumbs down and who as thumbs up right now?
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:55 am

Post by MBot »

I've wrote this out 3 times and kept hitting the back button to check posts on mobile. Grr. I'm keeping my tinfoil hat in the back of the closet where it belongs for now so

Val was too genuinely frustrated at Kobas play. Even through the frustration, they always had good posts that didn't feel like BS.
Kenny is a thumbs up based on interactions, where pressure came from, and where it didn't.
Fixer was at the bottom of my reads but I can't find a post that even hints at scumminess.
I dont like Lookers posts and it reminds me of trying to interact with Koba. They hammered the vote on T3 which I didn't vote for because I didn't see it over Looker/Fixer suspicions.

I went meta diving, which was fun, and my bet is on Looker for today.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Looker »

Spoiler: First time answering
In post 736, Val89 wrote:
In post 718, Looker wrote:
In post 705, Val89 wrote:Sorry, I should have been more clear Looker - I know what WIFOM is, it was the "pending a mislim" part of it I wasn't sure about. Who are you telling us you think is at risk of mislim here? Yourself? T3?

If T3, why are you townreading there?
Process of elimination. It can't be T3 and yeezy/kennyk.
I am confused about what happpened at the end of the day here, Looker. I admit I was expecting the game to be over with T3's flip, and thus didn't pay too much attention elsewhere, but I don't see how this one follows. I have to ask the question again; who was mislim were you warning us about, if that is what you were doing, in the spoiler tag of ?

Why were you townreading T3 at 677, and why did you change your mind and subsquently hammer? It appears from the above you were trying to say you were townreading T3 because there was only one scum remaining, and it couldn't be T3 AND yeezys/kennyk; but the same applies to fixer as well, and you gave them a red label in your readslist. I'm hoping you can explain the progression there, because I don't see it.

On the subject of fixer, are you suggesting fixer's lack of votes is scum-indicative? I recall he was V/LA for the vast majority of D1.

As far as the mason partner goes, I have two things to say - firstly, I am not sure an explict VT claim was warrented there, MBot, but I can't see how it is alignment-indicative in any way, and secondly; Kenny seems to have pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as the merits of the second mason claiming today - doing so today is almost certainly a death sentence; although scum will simply not be able to CC today - if a scum CCs today, there is time enough to flip both claims since we got a scum D1. If we mislim today, however, there is no reason scum wouldn't claim to be the partner in an F3; and it'll be upto to the remaining VT to evalaute two competing mason claims with only one shot to get it right.
In post 737, Looker wrote:You answered your own first question and referenced my answer to your second: I thought T3 was town but I also thought Andres was scum, and it didn't look like the wagon was going to shift before the holiday. I relied on majority judgement and it didn't pan out.
In post 738, Looker wrote:Re:fixer he didn't vote D1 or D2

Re:Mason, I at least wanted scum to work for it today and put in some effort before immediately revealing the pr. Worst case scenario, Mason claims before the hammer to give some further discussion. I just don't want an easy reveal.

Spoiler: Second time answered
In post 742, Val89 wrote:
In post 737, Looker wrote:You answered your own first question
I'm not sure you (I?) did. Could you point out where?
Looker wrote:and referenced my answer to your second: I thought T3 was town but I also thought Andres was scum, and it didn't look like the wagon was going to shift before the holiday. I relied on majority judgement and it didn't pan out.
My question is
why
you thought T3 was town. When I asked, you said "Process of elimination. It can't be T3 and yeezy/kennyk.", but that doesn't really answer my question, because it couldn't be both yeezy/kennyk OR fixer, whom you also listed in red in your reads list. Process of elimination means, to me, working out who is town and then limming amongst the remaining null/scumreads. Your PoE seemed to be, as of yeezy/kennk > fixer; but my quation is
why was T3 green
. Why was he eliminated from that PoE whereas fixer wasn't. That's what I am asking.

It's important to me, because I'm not following the progression there. We are talking about your D2 read list, not D1, so I don't see what Andres has to do with it. I'm asking you about this, again, because it looks to me like you put T3s name in green but can't actually tell us why you were townreading there because you don't have a good reason for doing so - I don't think there was a single other player left here who was townreading T3, but I'll stand corrected if I am misremembering, but I am surmising you thought it would draw suspicion to have 4 names in reds, and so you (unjustifiably) listed T3 green.

If I am wrong about that, and you had good reasons to actually townread T3 yesterday you haven't shared, you better tell me now; alongside an explanation as to what caused you to change your mind and when, because you being evasive about it over two days to the point I have to explicitly state my exact suspicions is pinging me in a big way.
In post 743, Looker wrote:I was on the kennyk wagon because I'd just replaced in and wanted MBot, Andres and you (fixer) to vote so that I could sort you. I also didn't think DkKoba was scum because I'm not accustomed to scum going down D1 with that much attention.

@Val: I'm sorry you're not better at asking questions, but here's another phone response - I'll jump on a computer later. You're saying PoE can only happen from finding town - clearly I disagree. T3 wasn't likely to be scum because I already had my suspicions and he wasn't one of the players I was suspicious of. Again, it's impossible to prove a player is town without mechanical confirmation, so trying to force me to prove T3 was town without that is impossible and comes off as a setup.

And Andres is obviously relevant regardless of the Day because he was a read of mine, a wrong read, so it's not ludicrous to have doubts and periods of reevaluation after having been wrong.

The "you better tell me now" requires an eye roll and this entire push is weird coming from you of all people.

third time answering
In post 744, Val89 wrote:
Looker wrote:T3 wasn't likely to be scum because I already had my suspicions and he wasn't one of the players I was suspicious of. Again, it's impossible to prove a player is town without mechanical confirmation, so trying to force me to prove T3 was town without that is impossible and comes off as a setup.
I'm not not asking to "prove" T3 was town, and clearly there is no need to, as we can all see he was town, so I'm not even sure what this attempt at misrepresentation even is. I'm asking why you felt T3 warranted a green townread at the time you posted your D2 read list, and given he must have done something to change your mind because you hammered him; can you explain what it was that caused to lean the other way for you eventually?

Again; your answer as it stands still reads very much like 'T3 is green in 667 because already had 3 scumreads', which doesn't seem town-indicative to me; the unspoken part of that is 'I was worried I would be scumread for not having enough townreads if I gave a fourth', and that's not something I think town worries about. It just so happens that 3 mislims is exactly what scum!you needs to achieve to win following a D1 scumflip, after all.
T3 wasn't flipped at the time you keep referencing, therefore, there was no 'proof' that he was town - hence PoE. There was nothing that "changed my mind" - I had been wrong about Andres and nobody was going to shift wagons from T3 before the holiday, so I went with consensus and hammered. The "I was worried about not having enough townreads" is projection and irrelevant to me because that's never been a concern of mine. And how would the '3 required miselims after a scumflip' be relevant in my first post of the game when scum hadn't flipped? You're putting things together out of convenience, but they're not logically flowing.
In post 750, kennyk wrote:
Maybe you NKed him to say this exact thing right now. :mrgreen:
I respect your troll of returning my WIFOM sentiment to me. Is this your serious assessment of what's taking place right now? I'm curious regarding your conviction.
In post 751, MBot wrote:I believe that I already mentioned that I saw Andres NK as a way to eliminate someone who looked very town with his last statement. I can't imagine why mafia would make that kind of statement about Koba if they knew Koba was going down as fellow scum. Too big brained to consider that mafia staged that to give them TC for the next day.
In post 631, Andresvmb wrote:If Koba flips Town though, as I suspect they will, then some of you actually need to pay attention to what they’ve said.
I don't really see it as that big-brained.

More incoming...
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Looker »

In post 753, Val89 wrote:
In post 748, Looker wrote:You of all people because you voteparked DkKoba then jumped off when [their] wagon started to gain traction, only to make sure you were in the exact middle of [their] wagon when it went through
That's some gaslighting right there - I had to go back and look at my own voting pattern D1 through fresh eyes to see if that description, as uncharitable as it is, could ever reasonably describe it. It doesn't. What's going on here? Are you confusing me with someone else? Are you trying to suggest I am scum who worked as hard as I could to get my partner limmed D1? In any case, why would my voting pattern on D1 change how I viewed how suspicious or otherwise I would find your progression on a slot on D2?
First off, you're right - I wasn't familiar with DkKoba's pronouns. I'm sorry. Secondly...
Spoiler: I'm not gaslighting anyone
In post 75, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-3
Val89
(2): DkKoba, Andresvmb
yeezys
(1): MBot
floatingmay
(1): kennyk
MBot
(1): ssbm_Kyouko
DkKoba

Not Voting
(3): yeezys, floatingmay, fixer
In post 175, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-5
Val89
(3): DkKoba, Andresvmb, ssbm_Kyouko
yeezys
floatingmay
DkKoba

Not Voting
In post 225, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-7
Val89
(2): Andresvmb, ssbm_Kyouko
yeezys
floatingmay
fixer
(1): DkKoba
DkKoba

Not Voting
In post 329, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-8
Val89
(2): Andresvmb, ssbm_Kyouko
DkKoba
(2): Val89, floatingmay
yeezys
floatingmay
fixer

Not Voting
(2): yeezys, fixer
In post 400, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-9
DkKoba
(3): Val89, floatingmay, kennyk
Val89
(2): Andresvmb, T3
yeezys
fixer

Not Voting
In post 413, Val89 wrote:How are we supposed to evaulate if any of the progression here is genuine if this is all we get?

Look, I'm sat here
poised
to try and play this game, and I'm getting nothing but derision.

If you all reckon this is the way to play a mafia game, then fine, whatever, I'll give it a go, but I guarentee this is going to get us nowhere.

Andres is locktown because vibes.

VOTE: T3
In post 445, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-10
MBot
(2): DkKoba, T3
DkKoba
(2): floatingmay, kennyk
fixer
T3
Val89
(1): Andresvmb

Not Voting
In post 511, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-11
T3
(2): Val89, yeezys
DkKoba
(2): Looker, kennyk
fixer
kennyk
(1): T3
MBot
Val89
(1): Andresvmb

Not Voting
(1): fixer
In post 523, Val89 wrote:I'm still not sure which of the two between T3 and Koba I think are more likely to flip scum, if it's not both.

I read "I can refute that as NAI at best" (whatever that is, I take it to mean the anti-town playstyle) as a dog whistle for 'I play like a troll in all my games, so it's easy to get away with as scum', which I feel also kinda describes T3 too, to some degree - except I've seen him promise not to play in such a manner recently, and I've no handle on Koba in that vein. That's the only real tie break I have given they appear to be tying their fates together hard and I'm not convinced a scumteam would do so so publicly and so early - it's more likely I feel there is one scum in the pair.

That said, it looks like I have a better chance of actually forcing Koba to give us something with which we can actually try and sort them if I switch back there. My vanity vote on T3 doesn't appear to be achieving much with not a whole lot of time left.

VOTE: DkKoba
In post 626, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-14
DkKoba
(4): kennyk, yeezys, Val89, T3
kennyk
(3): DkKoba, Looker, Andresvmb
fixer

Not Voting
In post 632, fferyllt wrote:
Vote Count 1-14
DkKoba
(5): kennyk, yeezys, Val89, T3, MBot
kennyk
(3): DkKoba, Looker, Andresvmb

Not Voting

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!
In post 748, Looker wrote:And you're reiterating yourself by quoting my answer and then asking the same question again, seemingly injecting spin.
I am repeating myself because I still don't have an answer. There is no spin here. It's exactly what happened with Koba - I had a slight suspicion about something said or done, asked a sensible question about it, and instead of an answer, got shade and evasion in return. I'll ask again, because the more times I have to keep asking without getting an answer, the more I think you don't have one.

If I am misconstruing your answer, and the reason you listed T3 as town in is
not
because you already had 3 scumreads; why were you townreading T3 at that point? What had changed by the end of the day that you you were prepared to hammer a townread of yours, and to do so even without a claim? I think those are sensible and reasonable questions to ask, no?
Fourth time answering: I had suspicions of scum, T3 wasn't one of the suspicions. If he's not scum and there are no third parties, he's town. I'd been wrong about Andres, nobody was budging on T3's wagon before the holiday - I compromised.
In post 748, Looker wrote:"Implications of idiocy" is inaccurate appeal to emotion
In post 743, Looker wrote:The "you better tell me now" requires an eye roll and this entire push is weird coming from you of all people.
In post 748, Looker wrote:Are you ESL?
Yeah. OK.
Emphasizing your rudeness is not calling you an idiot. There are several players on this site that are ESL - communication is obfuscated because of this, but they are not inferior. They're not "idiots".
In post 748, Looker wrote:You're either voting out of spite or opportunism, but it's not going to end well for town.
Spite for what? I do see an oppotunity to vote a slot I think is most likely flipping scum here, and by a good margin. The only other slot I am concerned about at this point is fixer, and that's largely because they were absent enough that I don't really enough to have a handle on his alignment - but none what I have seen hasn't really pinged me as scummy; null, rather than scum, whereas Looker has pinged me as scummy and I think our interactions today are a clear indications as to why. I make no appologies for starting with a scummy slot over a null one.

I'm eliminating Mbot and Kenny from my PoE completely. I'll tell you this for free - if I ever get to the stage that my mere appearence in a game is enough to have other players call me 'obvtown', openly sheeping my reads, and even having other slots telling people it would be better to mislim a town PR than me, and that other players opinion matters less and everyone would be a better player if they just stopped thinking for themselves and followed what I was doing, as Andres did twice; all while being as openly scummy as Koba was D1, I abolsutely fucking guarentee you I would not use that power to point the finger at my own partner, under any circumstances.

I fail to see how any sensible player would, and while I don't understand how Koba got to that point, I really don't think it was by throwing games and playing against their win condition. I think I would have to see examples of where Koba did such a anti-wincon thing previously before I could even consider the possiblity that we are looking at kennyk or Mbot. Scum there doesn't make any sense to me.
  • "By a good margin" using what metrics?
  • The only other slot you're concerned about is the slot I've expressed concern over? I don't see how our interactions have indicated anything other than a personality incongruence.
  • I don't understand what you're insinuating in your second paragraph. Is it that if you were as erroneously worshipped as DkKoba that you wouldn't attack your partner?
No, it doesn't, this one I give you. Andres is someone I would have looked at for Koba's partner if he were still alive. The problem is, I don't think it makes sense coming from ANY partner, so it doesn't really stand to help convict or clear anyone, and perhaps that was the point. I don't agree with MBot that his final statement made him look town, but if others would have given him towncred for it, perhaps there is some truth there. Certainly I would buy that explaination before I brought that the NKs were calculated specifically to troll you, or whatever you were trying to tell us in your first post of the day.
It was to highlight the pattern. That it hasn't been discussed hasn't been overlooked.
In post 755, MBot wrote:I've wrote this out 3 times and kept hitting the back button to check posts on mobile. Grr. I'm keeping my tinfoil hat in the back of the closet where it belongs for now so

Val was too genuinely frustrated at Kobas play. Even through the frustration, they always had good posts that didn't feel like BS.
Kenny is a thumbs up based on interactions, where pressure came from, and where it didn't.
Fixer was at the bottom of my reads but I can't find a post that even hints at scumminess.
I dont like Lookers posts and it reminds me of trying to interact with Koba. They hammered the vote on T3 which I didn't vote for because I didn't see it over Looker/Fixer suspicions.

I went meta diving, which was fun, and my bet is on Looker for today.
  • You weren't voting anyone. Even if you had suspicions, you weren't acting on them.
  • What did you find during your meta dive? Any constructive conclusions?
  • What don't you like about my posts?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Looker »

Can we get a prod on fixer, who has the lowest post count despite having been here from the beginning?
I appreciate that.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

fixer has been prodded.

Idic
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Val89 »

One of us has fucked up the timeline here, Looker, and I'm pretty sure it's not me. Koba was the D1 flip. Andres was the N1 NK.

You townread Mbot, T3 and me (in that order); and scumread fixer and (yeezys or kennyk) in a spoiler labeled "At the risk of WIFOM pending a miselim" ([/post]677[/post]).

Those reads were given when Andres was dead. It was not "your first post of the game when scum hadn't flipped". It was early on D2, post Koba and Andres flips. If you are trying to tell us you labeled T3 as town purely because you already had decided yeezys, kennyk and/or fixer were more suspicous, but had no actual reason to townread him apart from that, then I say again, that's the same as saying "I already had too many scumreads." If you had no reason to townread T3, but no reason to think them scummy either, then that puts them null, but that's not what you did - you gave T3 as your second strongest townread, behind only Mbot.

From my point of view, I am seeing a a player who was townreading, exclusively, a slot that everyone else thought (and for good reason), had excellent chances to be Koba's partner. Yeezys and Kenny voted for T3 fairly early in the day. Fixer told us, between those votes, that they would have voted T3, but miscounted and thought they were hammering if they did so (post , ). Mbot publically endorsed a T3 lim in .

You were the only person to come out and say that you thought T3 was town, but you gave no reasons for doing so at the time. In fact, earlier on D1, when you scumread Andres, you gave "On 2 E-2 wagons" as a reason for doing so, and pointed out that "Each time followed by ssbm_Kyouko (T3)"; but you decided Andres was scummy, and T3 was town? You then hammered T3 without a claim over two days before the deadline because you "compromised". I've been asking you the question, because the lone, unexplained early D2 townread, followed by the willingness to hammer what turned out to be a scummy acting VT without a claim looks very much like TMI.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 760, Val89 wrote:One of us has fucked up the timeline here, Looker, and I'm pretty sure it's not me. Koba was the D1 flip. Andres was the N1 NK.

You townread Mbot, T3 and me (in that order); and scumread fixer and (yeezys or kennyk) in a spoiler labeled "At the risk of WIFOM pending a miselim" ([/post]677[/post]).

Those reads were given when Andres was dead. It was not "your first post of the game when scum hadn't flipped". It was early on D2, post Koba and Andres flips. If you are trying to tell us you labeled T3 as town purely because you already had decided yeezys, kennyk and/or fixer were more suspicous, but had no actual reason to townread him apart from that, then I say again, that's the same as saying "I already had too many scumreads." If you had no reason to townread T3, but no reason to think them scummy either, then that puts them null, but that's not what you did - you gave T3 as your second strongest townread, behind only Mbot.
Spoiler: This...
In post 744, Val89 wrote:It just so happens that 3 mislims is exactly what scum!you needs to achieve to win following a D1 scumflip, after all.

doesn't make sense because I'd already had
Spoiler: ...this.
In post 521, Looker wrote:Is it these two?
Maybe #1
In post 71, Andresvmb wrote:Yes we’ve done this song and dance.

Also, I have officially reached 20 consecutive games as Town (completed). I have flipped in another one but I will not speak to that one just yet.
In post 512, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: MBot
Maybe #2
In post 496, yeezys wrote:VOTE: T3
ive wanted to do this for the past four days explanation coming soon
In post 514, yeezys wrote:VOTE: DkKoba
it appears that i have a higher chance of getting at least one scum member voted out today if i vote koba
sorry, koba
but then again? no i'm not sorry
Alternate?
In post 396, kennyk wrote:And while I wrote this whole thing I did make up my mind and want to go a step further.

VOTE: DkKoba

As the day is slowly ending we need to get rid of someone. I still believe floatingmay could be scum. But as no one else seems to be willing to follow my argumentation, let's get to a more promissing but also shady target.
VOTE: Andresvmb

Sorry, still catching up
T3 (1)
: Val89,
DkKoba (2)
: kennyk, yeezys
fixer (1)
: MBot
MBot (3)
: DkKoba, Andresvmb, T3
Andresvmb (1)
: Looker

Not Voting (1)
: fixer
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

I'd started out with three.
In post 760, Val89 wrote:From my point of view, I am seeing a a player who was townreading, exclusively, a slot that everyone else thought (and for good reason), had excellent chances to be Koba's partner. Yeezys and Kenny voted for T3 fairly early in the day. Fixer told us, between those votes, that they would have voted T3, but miscounted and thought they were hammering if they did so (post , ). Mbot publically endorsed a T3 lim in .

You were the only person to come out and say that you thought T3 was town, but you gave no reasons for doing so at the time. In fact, earlier on D1, when you scumread Andres, you gave "On 2 E-2 wagons" as a reason for doing so, and pointed out that "Each time followed by ssbm_Kyouko (T3)"; but you decided Andres was scummy, and T3 was town? You then hammered T3 without a claim over two days before the deadline because you "compromised". I've been asking you the question, because the lone, unexplained early D2 townread, followed by the willingness to hammer what turned out to be a scummy acting VT without a claim looks very much like TMI.
So your concern is that everyone jumping on T3 gave me pause? Everyone including those I'd expressed suspicions of? Or that I was asking questions and looking for patterns D1 to sort?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 760, Val89 wrote:If you had no reason to townread T3, but no reason to think them scummy either, then that puts them null, but that's not what you did - you gave T3 as your second strongest townread, behind only Mbot.
Is your issue that I differentiated between you, T3 and MBot? The same way I differentiated between kennyk, yeezys and fixer...?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 762, Looker wrote:Is your issue that I differentiated between you, T3 and MBot? The same way I differentiated between kennyk, yeezys and fixer...?
I think I've been clear what my issue is. You gave T3 as your second strongest townread early on D2, but can give no other reason why you did other than you suspected other people. Is that the same reason you were townreading Mbot? Me?

Or are you trying to tell me that wasn't an ordered list; or that green names aren't supposed to indicate townreads, and red ones scum?
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by kennyk »

So if I didn't read posts wrong, there are three of us (MBot, Val89 and I), who have the same two people on their red-list (Looker and fixer) while having the other two on their green-list. And if I get things right, the townreads are stronger than the scumreads. So if we three really believe in our townreads, we could act upon them and get this game through. Sure, if one of us was able to fool the other two, we would lose, but I guess that is likely to happen in that case anyways.

I am happy enough with this constellation to proceed accordingly. But I will wait until fixer and Looker had time to react to this. We still have time and I don't want to run into a scenario, where one of them is the second mason but we elimmed him before he had time to claim. I doubt that there is a (non-fake) mason claim from any of those two, but I could have been fooled.
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:36 am

Post by MBot »

Looker, it would be a lot easier if you throw out your current reads and try being a town player? I thought town going down would try to help with a town win regardless of their mislim. How about more complete thoughts and less quotes that leave me scratching my head wondering what your point actually is? :]
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Val89 »

I would also like to hear from fixer a damn sight more than we are. It feels gross and yucky to be reading into a slot based on their lack of activity, if such is being driven by real-life presures, but I am decidedly uncomfortable with potentially, if Looker is pulling a T3 on us, going into a ELO tomorrow knowing I'm going to be voting for what is essentially a null slot for me, because right now I can't see any scenario in which I would be voting for kenny or mbot over fixer if I am still around to making that vote, and kenny has essentially just said the same.

I do think the game is over on a Looker flip, but I thought the same about T3, and I have just finish a game I won, but very nearly lost because I had miscleared a scum and fixated on a town who I was so sure was scum I was ready to go down myself to get limmed because I thougt they were playing how I considered I would play as scum.

If fixer is town, he also better be pretty damn sure Looker is the last scum here, because he has to know he is very likely just done for tomorrow. Scum can only night kill once, and while there isn't anything now that can prevent it, one of me or kenny is going to be in that F3, if not both.

In other words, if you have things to say, fixer, today is the day to do it. Tomorrow may well be too late.
MBot
MBot
Townie
MBot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:17 am

Post by MBot »

I'm with you, Val. My last game before this one, I WKed for a player who had a proven ability that I was sure couldn't be scummy. Turns out it was and lost the game. Without more PT roles to clear, it's impossible to figure out who's town other than their play, interactions, votes, and looking back on known town/mafia. My only confirmation on my scum reads is what I see plus my town reads correlating to those I think are town, as Kenny mentioned. Digging into Kenny or you, Val, would mean pulling out the tinfoil hat for theories and I'm not there yet.

I'm not ready to put Looker at E1 yet so

Vote: Fixer

colon added to the vote so the vote counter app recognizes it ~f
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fixer
fixer
Townie
fixer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:58 am

Post by fixer »

IM SO SORRY SCHOOL HAS HAD ME IN A CHOKEHOLD FOR A BIT
( last post was not at a very good time as you can see;;;; )

making the ISO right after this post but as a small insight before that, I also do think that Looker is the game over here if I put aside my kenny null read, I realized they were more towny then I thought when I skimmed through d1 a bit ago

quoting commences!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-3

Why were Roman roads, especially consular roads, built so straight? Winding roads slowed down the movement of troops, arms, goods, and even communications. Bends provided cover for bandits, invaders and other ne're do wells. Straight roads could be more effectively patrolled, and invaders could be seen well in advance approaching towns, settlements and forts.

Looker
fixer

Not Voting
(3): fixer, Looker, kennyk

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: December 6, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-12-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

Idic
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by kennyk »

One suspect posted and no further info is gained. The promised quotes aren't there yet and I doubt they are coming soon.

I am still waiting for looker to post.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:44 am

Post by Looker »

Give me about an hour
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:34 am

Post by Looker »

In post 765, MBot wrote:Looker, it would be a lot easier if you throw out your current reads and try being a town player? I thought town going down would try to help with a town win regardless of their mislim. How about more complete thoughts and less quotes that leave me scratching my head wondering what your point actually is? :]
In post 757, Looker wrote:
  • You weren't voting anyone. Even if you had suspicions, you weren't acting on them.
  • What did you find during your meta dive? Any constructive conclusions?

• What don't you like about my posts?
I still don't understand Val89's case...or anyone's. I think Val's is hinging on why I didn't put Val, T3, and MBot as "null" instead of town (which is his playstyle preference), and everyone else is operating off of survivalism at this point.
In post 767, MBot wrote:
Vote: Fixer
In post 768, fixer wrote:IM SO SORRY SCHOOL HAS HAD ME IN A CHOKEHOLD FOR A BIT
( last post was not at a very good time as you can see;;;; )

making the ISO right after this post but as a small insight before that, I also do think that Looker is the game over here if I put aside my kenny null read, I realized they were more towny then I thought when I skimmed through d1 a bit ago

quoting commences!
Another interesting coincidence. Fixer only posts when you vote him, and immediately after as if he's watching the thread. That wasn't even a whole hour between posts.
In post 770, kennyk wrote:One suspect posted and no further info is gained. The promised quotes aren't there yet and I doubt they are coming soon.

I am still waiting for looker to post.
Give me more time, there's some more stuff I need to do.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:48 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 772, Looker wrote:I still don't understand Val89's case...or anyone's. I think Val's is hinging on why I didn't put Val, T3, and MBot as "null" instead of town (which is his playstyle preference)
It is true that I haven't made a wallpost listing every last thing I find scummy about you, largely because fixer has promised to tell us why he is scumreading you and, while he may have gueniue activity problems, the more this keeps going on, the more I think he may potentially be deliberately dodging doing so. I don't want to make my wallpost and then have fixer just come along and say "yeah, what Val said".

I've said a few times now, this part of my case that we are discussing - your D2 progression on T3 - is something I did not understand, something I considered
could
be scum indicative, but also I could be misunderstanding something, so I asked you about it. As I say, it's not the only concern I have with you, or your predecessor slot for that matter, but I was asking about that because it is something I thought you could clear up for me if it wasn't scum indicative - but I
STILL
don't understand what you are trying to tell us.

If I quote the post it loses the colours. It's at . I am sure everyone has already seen it several times already. You use 3 different colours, as well as listing everyone individually except the final two, who occupy the same line "X or Y". Are you telling us that Val, T3, and MBot were all actually "null" reads for you, and it's a playstyle thing to call them townreads, and put them in a list that looks ordered but isn't, without explanation?

I don't think my issue here is difficult to understand. It looks very much like you made a readslist, and it appears you did so in response to pressure on your own slot, that was representing to us that you were following the game, you had townreads of varying strengths (with the unwritten assumption that there were reasons for those townreads other than simply knowing they were town), you didn't agree with everyone else's assessment on T3 because you had actual, proper reasons to be townreading there - but following that, then made little or no effort to tell the rest of us that you thought T3 was flipping town because X reasons, while he was being run up by everyone else. Once T3 hit E-1 (with that E-1 vote coming from someone you had the bottom of your readlist), you hammered him, without a claim, with a decent amount of time on the clock, casting that hammer vote in the same post as answering questions directed towards you (Ie: while a discussion about your own slot was still ongoing), and have told us today that T3 didn't say or do anything to change your read, you simply did so because that was the majority consensus.

When questioned about it today, you haven't been able to give us a single reason you were townreading T3 other than you found other players scummy, nor explain any of your other behavior around it in a way that makes me think this wasn't a scumplay. Yes, the 'hammer without a claim' thing is such an openly dodgy thing to do, I have asked myself if a lone scum would draw attention to themselves in such a way, but then I remember that this was a game in which Koba was acting the way they were D1 and getting 'obvtown'ed for it. I also think that perhaps you decided the utility in shutting down the conversation I was trying to start yesterday about that this very readslist overrode any such issues.

The fact that is does appear to me like you were trying to shut down that conversation (as well as one Mbot was trying to have about the makeup of your ISO) is a big part of why I'm coming back to this over and over again and trying to make sure it doesn't get lost, frankly.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:00 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 773, Val89 wrote:
In post 772, Looker wrote:I still don't understand Val89's case...or anyone's. I think Val's is hinging on why I didn't put Val, T3, and MBot as "null" instead of town (which is his playstyle preference)
It is true that I haven't made a wallpost listing every last thing I find scummy about you, largely because fixer has promised to tell us why he is scumreading you and, while he may have gueniue activity problems, the more this keeps going on, the more I think he may potentially be deliberately dodging doing so. I don't want to make my wallpost and then have fixer just come along and say "yeah, what Val said".

I've said a few times now, this part of my case that we are discussing - your D2 progression on T3 - is something I did not understand, something I considered
could
be scum indicative, but also I could be misunderstanding something, so I asked you about it. As I say, it's not the only concern I have with you, or your predecessor slot for that matter, but I was asking about that because it is something I thought you could clear up for me if it wasn't scum indicative - but I
STILL
don't understand what you are trying to tell us.

If I quote the post it loses the colours. It's at . I am sure everyone has already seen it several times already. You use 3 different colours, as well as listing everyone individually except the final two, who occupy the same line "X or Y". Are you telling us that Val, T3, and MBot were all actually "null" reads for you, and it's a playstyle thing to call them townreads, and put them in a list that looks ordered but isn't, without explanation?

I don't think my issue here is difficult to understand. It looks very much like you made a readslist, and it appears you did so in response to pressure on your own slot, that was representing to us that you were following the game, you had townreads of varying strengths (with the unwritten assumption that there were reasons for those townreads other than simply knowing they were town), you didn't agree with everyone else's assessment on T3 because you had actual, proper reasons to be townreading there - but following that, then made little or no effort to tell the rest of us that you thought T3 was flipping town because X reasons, while he was being run up by everyone else. Once T3 hit E-1 (with that E-1 vote coming from someone you had the bottom of your readlist), you hammered him, without a claim, with a decent amount of time on the clock, casting that hammer vote in the same post as answering questions directed towards you (Ie: while a discussion about your own slot was still ongoing), and have told us today that T3 didn't say or do anything to change your read, you simply did so because that was the majority consensus.

When questioned about it today, you haven't been able to give us a single reason you were townreading T3 other than you found other players scummy, nor explain any of your other behavior around it in a way that makes me think this wasn't a scumplay. Yes, the 'hammer without a claim' thing is such an openly dodgy thing to do, I have asked myself if a lone scum would draw attention to themselves in such a way, but then I remember that this was a game in which Koba was acting the way they were D1 and getting 'obvtown'ed for it. I also think that perhaps you decided the utility in shutting down the conversation I was trying to start yesterday about that this very readslist overrode any such issues.

The fact that is does appear to me like you were trying to shut down that conversation (as well as one Mbot was trying to have about the makeup of your ISO) is a big part of why I'm coming back to this over and over again and trying to make sure it doesn't get lost, frankly.
First, I totally agree with the arguments given in this post (Or in short: "yeah, what Val said" :mrgreen: ; Sorry, but I had to make that one).

Second, I don't know, why quoting would loose colours for you. If I preview a quote of said post, everything looks fine:
In post 677, Looker wrote:
Spoiler: At the risk of WIFOM pending a miselim
MBot

T3

Val89

fixer

yeezys or kennyk
One thing I think is interesting about the clolours, is that there are actually 5 of them (They are numbered 00ff00, 00c400, 00a800, E00000 and Ff0000), allthough they look to me as being three different colours to me, too.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”