Newbie 2091 | Kinobot | Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:22 am

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

GG all. I played good in some parts, played bad in some parts. To quote a wise man, "overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer". I was very thrown off by frogs going MIA, being tunneled hard early, and to a lesser extent life getting in the way of a more consistent activity schedule, but I certainly would not have the gaul to say that loss was out of my hands. I had a ton of fun, but this format will probably take some more getting used to - there's alot more emphasis on actually thinking about the minutiae of the game and other players than the social deduction games I'm used to. Towards the end I pretty much lost hope of pulling out a win, though I never gave up trying.

Also I will never forget the pigeon saga.

Definitely a very different way of playing scum than I'm used to, and it caught me off guard. Whether this was a particularly bad showing for a first timer is for you to decide.

There's no doubt in my mind that I will play another game at some point though. Now I'm really interested to see what a forum game's like from the townie side of things!
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:23 am

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

Also Abd getting elimmed genuinely surprised me. I think if Progo hadn't replaced out we would have gotten a miselim.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:27 am

Post by TistDaniel »

I don't think you played poorly. I mean you had a tendency to disappear rather than answering questions toward the end, which made you feel a bit scummy. At the same time though, Progo used that same tactic to go from E-1 to zero votes. It works a lot of the time.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Aisa »

Pigeons were glorious.
In post 683, Asphodelus wrote:How was my play over all then?
In terms of being able to read you as town, I was pretty confident in my read, so you must have done something right! You were voting for the right person on day 2, which is also a good thing!
In post 692, goodmorning wrote: I'd definitely not mind playing with any of the people in this game again.
Great point! Same! Though it's not going to happen in the near future, I hope to see some of you around the site if I come back in a few months!
In post 696, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Also what did you think guys of my play?
+1 on the fact that you did not give off any PR tells. Initially I think you came off a little strong, but as pointed out I think you adjusted quickly. You still seem to play more mechanically than the average player on this site - you had a scumread on my slot and Corn because we were not on the abd wagon. In this game it worked out great, but I think it's important to keep in mind that there are games where mafia will be on the other side of the WIFOM.
In post 700, CornPuffBuddha wrote: Definitely a very different way of playing scum than I'm used to, and it caught me off guard. Whether this was a particularly bad showing for a first timer is for you to decide.
I thought it was a pretty good showing. You tried until (nearly) the very end. I think you were unlucky that >50% of town locked on you as their top scumread on day 2. It's difficult to talk yourself out of a situation like that.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:06 am

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

In post 702, TistDaniel wrote:I don't think you played poorly. I mean you had a tendency to disappear rather than answering questions toward the end, which made you feel a bit scummy. At the same time though, Progo used that same tactic to go from E-1 to zero votes. It works a lot of the time.
Fair enough. That tendency was half me tending to just schedule my posts weirdly in general and half me losing interest in the game because it began to feel unwinnable.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:09 am

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

Also @Adbla you tried your best, and were a good partner for the brief time I had you. Sorry that you subbed in between a rock and a hard place.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:42 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Mafia PT has been released
GeorgeBailey
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:05 am

Post by goodmorning »

After reading the Scum PT I can say that I also had a PR read on Joho so it was absolutely not just you abd.

I am also very glad CPB chose to kill Daniel because otherwise the game might have gone very differently.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

I really didn't expect the doc save on daniel. I thought it would have been on one of the locktowns. So big props to T02 there for that play.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>