Newbie 2095 | Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:52 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Hutmeil

Really needs to go

Can I at least get my one lim please?

I been on my game lately in general with reads
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:23 am

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 697, hutmeil wrote:
In post 695, whiskey delta wrote:“I think mod would want at least one SE on the scum side”

That’s not how role assignments work (or they shouldn’t). It’s supposed to be random.
I disagree. This is a newbie game. If all 3 SEs are Town, scum would be at a great disadvantage which is not good for the game. If I were the mod, I'd want to keep the game balanced and not lopsided. Are you trying to save Greeting?
As Greeting already clarified, this simply isn’t a thing. How does that affect your read now?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:24 am

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 700, Malakittens wrote:Hutmeil

Really needs to go

Go on…
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:42 am

Post by whiskey delta »

I’m sort of in a spot where I think Mala could be scum. For their experience level their involvement has been very slim. That hutmeil read has been carried since D1 and there’s no real push to get it done. They have voted both FG/Alianna. They came to life a little yesterday when Alianna tied their wagon with hers, and since I was still sus of Alianna I backed off, but now after the hammer and flip they are back on hutneil. Idk

I’m not sure Greeting/Mala is the answer but I do think they just TR each other and moved on which does worry me somewhat. Mala, you never answered my questions irt Greeting on D2. Greeting, yoj said you thought about following my vote on Mala yesterday. Where do you stand on that now?
Tidus of the X
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Tidus of the X
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Tidus of the X »

In post 694, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 690, Tidus of the X wrote:So what's everyone's thoughts on who should be eliminated today? I would want to eliminate either hutmeil or WD today.
Can you state your reasons why?
You and hutmeil have both been scumread by many people all game IIRC(yes, I know that's dependent on other's reads, but I currently have trouble scumreading and townreading people, just check out my short life in newbie 2094)

I think I have also seen some scumminess in a few of your posts earlier in the game too WD, I would prefer eliminating you today over hutmeil
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:19 am

Post by whiskey delta »

Be specific please. What posts?

I am flipping Town so my elim ends the game. I know that means next to nothing to anyone at this point but at the very least present some actual posts that I can comment on.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:55 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 698, Greeting wrote:
In post 695, whiskey delta wrote:“I think mod would want at least one SE on the scum side”

That’s not how role assignments work (or they shouldn’t). It’s supposed to be random.
I disagree. This is a newbie game. If all 3 SEs are Town, scum would be at a great disadvantage which is not good for the game. If I were the mod, I'd want to keep the game balanced and not lopsided. Are you trying to save Greeting?
As someone who has hosted a game on MafiaScum, I can assure you that all draws are random and must be randomised in accordance with sitewide guidelines. Hosts are held accountable for their games by the moderation team, and Newbie games hosts have higher requirements than hosts for other games, because these games are meant to provide a very standardised experience for new players to learn from.

What I am thinking as of this moment is that either
Malakittens
has been pulling the strings for most of the game and I have allowed myself to be pocket her with reciprocation or that we have two Newbies, like any pairing from {
Tidus of the X
, yourself,
whiskey delta
} who are kicking ass. And to be fair, I do not think one is more likely than the other.
Okay, read the pages. I'll give you that.
In post 699, Greeting wrote:
In post 692, hutmeil wrote:I will push through with my WD vote. But I want to hear from everyone first.

Think about this. WD is on both Town (mis)lynches from D1 to D2. Same with Greeting.

D1 - furtiveglance (5): Roden,
Greeting
, hutmeil, Alianna,
whiskey delta

D2 - Alianna (4): BlueBloodedToffee,
Greeting, whiskey delta
, Malakittens

WD has been moving from wagon to wagon both days as I've said earlier. He's been on my scum list since D1.
In post 22, whiskey delta wrote:How long has everyone been playing? Outta curiosity

I used to play a lot but it’s probably been about ~3 years since I did last. My home website went the way of the dodo sadly
WD asked this early in the game. I believe, scum strategy was to elim the strongest players first.

As for Greeting, she's been in my neutral list for a while. However, she's been posting safely so she fits my "not being so active but active enough to not get called out” theory. She also on both mislynch wagons so she's shifted to my SR. Meta-wise, I think mod would want at least one SE on the scum side. The other 2 SEs are dead, so that leaves only her.
My vote history is bad and there's no use of me denying it. My performance in this game has been below my own expectations. Sorry, team.

But, if you take a more detailed look than at just the final vote tallies, you'll find this post:
In post 675, hutmeil wrote:
In post 674, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You don't want to?
Hmmm, how can I hammer someone in my TR-neutral list. My conscience is holding me back lol. You make a good point though that she's not scumhunting hard enough.

But if Mala is purposely delaying, I guess I'll hammer.
How many hours are there left?
You were just as much willing to hammer
Alianna
, just
Malakittens
beat you to it. And if you did hammer instead of
Malakittens
, the list would include not just me and
whiskey delta
, but yourself as well. But you conveniently left that out, didn't you? I guess now you could be explaining that you didn't really mean to hammer
Alianna
, but I'm not sure if anyone is buying it.
Sure, I could have hammered Ali too. But if you read my D1 to D2 posts, I never waivered on my Ali!Town to Ali!Neutral read. I even said my conscience was bothered to hammer her. In other words I was hesitant to do so unlike you who was determined to do so.
In post 700, Malakittens wrote:Hutmeil

Really needs to go

If that's your statement then your read is off real bad.
In post 701, whiskey delta wrote:

As Greeting already clarified, this simply isn’t a thing. How does that affect your read now?
Well, that's not the only basis for my SR on her. But sure it softens my SR on her a bit.

In post 704, Tidus of the X wrote:
In post 694, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 690, Tidus of the X wrote:So what's everyone's thoughts on who should be eliminated today? I would want to eliminate either hutmeil or WD today.
Can you state your reasons why?
You and hutmeil have both been scumread by many people all game IIRC(yes, I know that's dependent on other's reads, but I currently have trouble scumreading and townreading people, just check out my short life in newbie 2094)

I think I have also seen some scumminess in a few of your posts earlier in the game too WD, I would prefer eliminating you today over hutmeil
Let's vote without voting:

WD - Hutmeil, Tidus
Hutmeil - Mala

@Greeting, @WD: Who do you want to vote for at this point?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:44 am

Post by whiskey delta »

I would vote Mala. It has taken them 2 1/2 game Days to exceed the post count they did with their alt in half of D1 and they have basically had one read all game. If this isn’t scum they sure didn’t help Town any by redirecting anyone onto their SR that they’ve held since D1

I really expected Greeting to be dead here but maybe it’s just Greeting/Mala for ignoring each other and they carried me to ELO for the final mislim with the two newbs who were pointing at me already. I suppose Mala/hutmeil is possible too looking at how he’s saying it’s me/Greeting or me/Tidus

My reads have been so bad all game I really don’t have the confidence or energy to keep at it. My best guess is just to look at those who have left Town to cannibalize itself that aren’t explicitly newbies playing in one of their first several games. If it’s Tidus then don’t expect to continue getting away with doing nothing in the future. Eventually that newbie shine will be gone and you’ll be expected to do things other than passively comment and not vote the entire game.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:03 am

Post by whiskey delta »

^^^ should add that hutmeil doesn’t seem at all bothered for being SR by the same player all game.

Mala is neutral because why?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:36 am

Post by Malakittens »

I already explained my greeting read multiple times. It’s a tone difference for me.

Also WD my activity level is NaI for me at best due to my mult job and crazy hours.
I have random bursts of energy depending on my engagement level of the game, playerlist & in general mood I am in.

So please don’t use that against me.

It was one of the reasons why I was on an alt for an experiment to blow the Meta tells out of the garbage pile
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Malakittens »

My final solve is prob Tidus & hutmeil

But maybe I’ll have more time to do VC analysis and really dig into it between tmrw into Friday when I’m working

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Greeting »

At this point, I'm inclined to think that the solve is
whiskey delta
and
hutmeil
(more likely) or
Tidus of the X
(less likely).

This is most likely my final shot at solving this game. If we get it right, it's highly unlikely that I make it to Day 4, so I'll do my best at laying down everything I've got on this theory. If we don't get it right, at least I will know that I tried.

Spoiler: Long wall of text
From the very start of the game,
whiskey delta
was very active. I can tell that he's experienced in playing mafia and I have reasons to believe that he's the one behind the wheel for the entire game.

Looking through his ISO, I can see that his interactions with both
hutmeil
and
Tidus of the X
were kinda murky.
In post 191, whiskey delta wrote:hutmeil is admittedly my leap of faith read in this situation. I am more convinced by what others have said than anything hutmeil has done in particular, but again if Roden turns up red then I would take them off the table as well.

Tidus hasn't said much which looks ~bad but at the same time I feel like scum would try harder to look productive. 148 isn't much but might be a >Townie reaction.
Both of these really don't give that much information.

Post is
whiskey delta
's first meaningful interaction with
Tidus of the X
. The response in is kinda town-ish though.
In post 257, Tidus of the X wrote:Actually, now that you say that, it doesn't make sense to scan greeting when everyone is saying he looks town, it would nonly confirm him even more as town. I remember reading somewhere that it's a better idea to scan null reads because you have absolutely no idea which alignment it could be, so that's something against his claims.

There still is, however, a chance he could be cop, there are currently no counterclaims after all

Sorry, no, I don't have an alternative. Currently not very good at reading alignments other than the obvious stuff
My opinion is that it was a good choice to get a green check on me early in the game, but unfortunately we could not get that due to that horrible Day 1 wagon. But this is something that fits what a newbie townie would say. Newbie townies in general are more likely to go after the "obvious" solutions such as assuming that it's best to get all the scum reads check out. Truth is, even the loudest players in the game involved in scumhunting can keep flying under the radar for the entire game (aka
whiskey delta
).

There is, however, something worrying about the pairing of
whiskey delta
/
Tidus of the X
. There has been an attempt at an interaction in , and
Tidus
' responses to that interaction have been kinda underwhelming. I cannot, however, make anything AI of
Tidus
' responses in and . I hate to say this, but these responses weren't good at all, but more importantly, they were consistent with his overall performance in the game so far. Which, to me, makes the
WD
/
Tidus
pairing far less likely.

hutmeil
- follow-up.

Please note that for the duration of all of Day 1 and Day 2 there was virtually no interaction between
whiskey delta
and
hutmeil
. To me this looks like both of them were distancing from one another so that we could not find any connection between them. It does make sense and is a pretty valid strategy as scum.

I also have a read on
hutmeil
's part which seems to be proving this theory. In , I noted his nullread of me as caused by me asking supposedly too much questions, while he didn't seem to notice the same thing about
whiskey delta
. And here's the read on
whiskey delta
:
In post 260, hutmeil wrote:
whiskey delta

I like how he generates discussion. But something is off and I can't put my finger on it.
What was I doing asking questions if not generating discussion? And what was
whiskey delta
doing that supposedly worried him? Does not make sense. Looks like a slip.

Late on in Day 1, operation to put the blame on me for
furtive glance
's miselimination started to take place. In spite of the fact that he jumped on the wagon himself. In and , attempts and hopes were made to get me to take the bullet. It wasn't enough, so the plan was to back off and go after
Malakittens
instead.

Looking back, was quite clever. At the time it made me get a soft townread of
whiskey
's slot. Maybe if he were bolder with pursuing this, he would have even convinced me to after
Mala
. Still, the way the gamestate is, I see this post as laying grounds for a
Malakittens
elimination Day 3.
Mala
and
whiskey delta
are definitely not both town-aligned, and neither is
Mala
and
hutmeil
and this is another reason for
whiskey delta
to be our elimination for today.

Now, going back to , me and
Malakittens
are both listed as townreads. Which makes sense from a scum point of view. Going after obvious town is a known scum tell around here and I would expect
whiskey delta
to know that. In my experience, it's almost always inexperienced townies who do this. This would also explain why I am still not dead as of now. My vote history is bad and in his eyes, it was probably easy to use it to miseliminate me when there is nothing else. And this is our last chance at getting it right, which gets the pressure going.

Another thing, who brought up the voting history right now? His partner,
hutmeil
, in . And, as I pointed out in , this was a double-edged sword, because
hutmeil
's voting record looks less bad only on paper.

I am town, I believe
Malakittens
is town, plus she doesn't seem aligned with either
WD
nor especially
hutmeil
whom she's been gunning after since the beginning of time. So the pool has got to be {
whiskey delta
hutmeil
Tidus of the x
}. And I think both
WD
and
hutmeil
know they're time is up, and they are gunning against each other to make the other one look cleaner Day 4.
Do not be fooled by this.

I am pretty much sold on this solve, so I will not hesitate to cast an actual vote. Do not follow me on this too easily,
WD
needs to be given a chance to explain himself and respond to this post.

VOTE: whiskey delta
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

No rebuttal honestly. I played like shit and deserve this elim.

Hammer away. Sorry Town
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

VOTE: Greeting

If we’re both Town then scum can choose which to hammer since you are apparently confident enough not to worry about a speed hammer in ELO. If not then good game. Wish I had pushed you harder D2
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 712, whiskey delta wrote:No rebuttal honestly. I played like shit and deserve this elim.

Hammer away. Sorry Town
In post 713, whiskey delta wrote:VOTE: Greeting

If we’re both Town then scum can choose which to hammer since you are apparently confident enough not to worry about a speed hammer in ELO. If not then good game. Wish I had pushed you harder D2
I spent literally hours reading this thread back and forth
and I just do not see another solve. It's not me, not
Mala
and it definitely is not a pair of
hutmeil
and
Tidus of the x

If you really were town, you'd be defending yourself and you're not doing that and going on the counteroffensive instead, which means I'm right and I need not worry about this going wrong. I'm just wondering if your teammate is going to bus you or not.

Anyway, I am off to sleep and I won't be around until later tomorrow. It is the only way forward in my eyes, and if it really is the unlikely gamesolve that we're both town then it's game over and I'm beat fair and square, but at least I did my best. Goodnight.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

Idk what to tell you. You act like I haven’t labored and poured a lot of energy and time into this game already. The writing was all the wall that I was most likely getting elimmed today. My last hope was an Alianna scum flip and even then my play D2 still made me look bad. It was a lose/lose. I have no clue why you are Town reading Mala based on their ISO. It seems you two town locked each other D1 and it hasn’t moved. I am suspect of this, like I already said. If Tidus is scum he played the most chickenshit game I have ever seen but I sort of wrote him off a while ago. Hutmeil is possible. I think his read on Mala and vice versa are weird. She wants him dead but has done what exactly to achieve that? Meanwhile he seems perfectly fine being SR by someone persistently throughout the entire game and doesn’t question it. All of this I have pointed out but you will make your own conclusions. I don’t really care anymore.

Sleep well. If you’re Town then we both sucked. If you’re scum then I will take some solace knowing I pegged you at one point and just got distracted in typical Town fashion.

It’s your and Mala or it’s Mala and hutmeil. Final answer

VOTE: Mala

Give me the sweet release of death.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 3.01
Ducks can jump up to 40-100 times their body length in distance!

whiskey delta (1): Greeting
Malakittens (1): whiskey delta

Not Voting (3): hutmeil, Tidus of the X, Malakittens

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-21 09:30:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

Last question to Greeting: why do you think BBT was killed over you?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

UNVOTE:
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

VOTE: hutmeil

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:05 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 708, whiskey delta wrote:^^^ should add that hutmeil doesn’t seem at all bothered for being SR by the same player all game.

Mala is neutral because why?
I've already answered this here => .
In post 711, Greeting wrote:
hutmeil
- follow-up.
Please note that for the duration of all of Day 1 and Day 2 there was virtually no interaction between
whiskey delta
and
hutmeil
. To me this looks like both of them were distancing from one another so that we could not find any connection between them. It does make sense and is a pretty valid strategy as scum.
No interaction? What do you call this => , , , , , , etc... Not only was I actively interacting with him, I found him scummy since D1.

I guess you're trying to plant seeds of doubt here since I caught you and WD.
In post 711, Greeting wrote: I also have a read on
hutmeil
's part which seems to be proving this theory. In , I noted his nullread of me as caused by me asking supposedly too much questions, while he didn't seem to notice the same thing about
whiskey delta
. And here's the read on
whiskey delta
:
In post 260, hutmeil wrote:
whiskey delta

I like how he generates discussion. But something is off and I can't put my finger on it.
What was I doing asking questions if not generating discussion? And what was
whiskey delta
doing that supposedly worried him? Does not make sense. Looks like a slip.
I've already answered this too before. While everyone was grilling me for my "anti-town" posts on D1, WD was not doing this. That in itself raised a red flag. Also, while D1 was basically Roden vs FG, it could arguably also be Roden vs WD based on their activity and the "hostility" that was generated between them. So he's scummy for pushing Roden to the point of elim.

Other than that, I've already pointed out his bandwagoning habits which I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of at this point.
In post 711, Greeting wrote:
Another thing, who brought up the voting history right now? His partner,
hutmeil
, in . And, as I pointed out in , this was a double-edged sword, because
hutmeil
's voting record looks less bad only on paper.
Again, you were determined to eliminate Ali. I was not. See
In post 711, Greeting wrote: I am town, I believe
Malakittens
is town, plus she doesn't seem aligned with either
WD
nor especially
hutmeil
whom she's been gunning after since the beginning of time. So the pool has got to be {
whiskey delta
hutmeil
Tidus of the x
}. And I think both
WD
and
hutmeil
know they're time is up, and they are gunning against each other to make the other one look cleaner Day 4.
Do not be fooled by this.

I am pretty much sold on this solve, so I will not hesitate to cast an actual vote. Do not follow me on this too easily,
WD
needs to be given a chance to explain himself and respond to this post.

VOTE: whiskey delta
In post 719, whiskey delta wrote:VOTE: hutmeil

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can say the same thing about you. You're voting for your partner WD, so you'll look cleaner on Day 4. I on the other hand have SRd WD since D1.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 719, whiskey delta wrote:VOTE: hutmeil

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LOL. Old scum habits die hard.

VOTE: Whiskey
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Wow wd vote hoping like it’s hot

whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:13 am

Post by whiskey delta »

Yes indeed. If I vote everyone I’ll get it right eventually no?
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:14 am

Post by whiskey delta »

VOTE: Tidus