Newbie 2101 | Better Call Saul | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

no redactions
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Rad »

Happy that my Fancy locktown read was accurate. I've never had an easier time reading someone as town and it was only him disappearing that had me questioning myself. 100% meta read but town!Fancy who's into the game just has a certain approach that was so scary to play against in 2099 and I saw enough of a glimpse of it in day 2 to feel pretty confident.

I also don't see how esires was so scummy. I kept coming back to esires feeling towny and bs2000 feeling scummy on my rereads.

Bulba felt nothing like his town play in our previous 2099 game and he had at least 1 straight lie that was sus.

I'd have put money on Juice being town in my pre-read based on his rep out but I also didn't want to lean too heavily on that when I got into the game.

I have the hardest time reading Bella in every single game I've played with her, regardless of her alignment. Even in the reread today trying to find her partner I was like... maaan, how is Bella even scum here. I think it was Nero's and that helped me realize that I should look harder at her ISO.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

Everyone calling me obvious scum. OK. Guess I have to improve my scumgame then or just hope I don't flip it anymore
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1076, Rad wrote:I also don't see how esires was so scummy. I kept coming back to esires feeling towny and bs2000 feeling scummy on my rereads.
i think bbt's reasoning was petty solid and esires just sort of blandly omgusing him without much else wasn't great

imo bs2000 was just - had thoughts too elaborate for inexperienced scum
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1077, Bulbazoor wrote:Everyone calling me obvious scum. OK. Guess I have to improve my scumgame then or just hope I don't flip it anymore
it takes practice - i went 0/4 in my first 4 scumgames in forum mafia and look at me now. no one starts off being good.

(i didn't think you were obvious though!)
free crypto
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1077, Bulbazoor wrote:Everyone calling me obvious scum. OK. Guess I have to improve my scumgame then or just hope I don't flip it anymore
Sorry Bulb :(

@Mod: No redactions. Everyone's mature enough to deal with anything unflattering that might have been said during game I think.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1079, petapan wrote:(i didn't think you were obvious though!)
A bunch of seasoned players I respect missed it, so I think it was more obvious replacing in and getting hit with all of it at once. There was one post in particular.

Mechanically the only thing I bitched about was the extended partner RVS. That's a pretty hard association for the scum team post flip, but it is what it is. I probably wouldn't even care that much in a mini, but we got hit with so many replacements and a NewD3 that's all pretty experienced players so it constrained how much I thought I could bus that slot. It also made me really leery of talking about the D1 content in case someone went back and talked about it.

That, at least, was more or less my internal reasoning about it.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

GG town! Was a fun game to read along with, apologies for my play D1, I just had too many games going on and couldn't find the time.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by Roden »

I empathize with the scum team tbh, my first newbie scum game had a bunch of replacements and ended up with almost all SEs. HEM actually replaced into that game and won it for town.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Read the Mason PT. Meg you were VT in Mewbie 2092. I like all the distancing stuff, I had no clue where the PRs were this game, I would have guessed Nero and Roden probably, with Nero is FN and Roden Doc. Idk if that even works but yeah good hiding.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

This game was interesting as I was pretty sure this was the scum slot when replacing in, and then was really unsure of who my partner would be! Town really stepped it up day two.

What's weird is how scummy people found my bbt wagon position, which I would've had as town!

Really well done to Nero, coming in and calling the team, corwin said in the PT we'd lost about half an hour after you repped in ;)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Thank you everyone for keeping this game alive. I'm sorry for the poor experience, there's been a lot going on with my life. Thank you so much for the people who replaced in. Thank you so much for CSF for putting this game to rest.

I think this queue is officially dead. Changes should come soon or this site will follow.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1085, Bellaphant wrote:This game was interesting as I was pretty sure this was the scum slot when replacing in, and then was really unsure of who my partner would be! Town really stepped it up day two.

What's weird is how scummy people found my bbt wagon position, which I would've had as town!

Really well done to Nero, coming in and calling the team, corwin said in the PT we'd lost about half an hour after you repped in ;)
Yeah you definitely gave me some doubt, I was sort of 50/50 between you and Mason Meg D2. It was partly that only Rad really showed appetite for your vote after Fancy dipped, and then Fancy/Nero got ran up to E-1 in a way I found really sus. So I thought the lack of interest indicated you might be mafia, and when the gamestate isn't going my way I tend to tunnel.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Yeah, I had the most awful attack of sinusitis last weekend, all I was good for was sitting still and crying!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1085, Bellaphant wrote:Really well done to Nero, coming in and calling the team, corwin said in the PT we'd lost about half an hour after you repped in
:lol:

While I don't think I was
HORRIBLE
, at least until I was motivated and got into the game, it was really furts tunneling, Megs wrong read on furt and rad being radical that really kept me alive and sealed the game for town. They deserve all the credit but I'll take some. Had you not been sick things might have been different. hope you are better now.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:38 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Tbf furt was really scummy ;) rad was obv town and i think this was a really important game to help me read meg, who I always struggle with.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1086, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I think this queue is officially dead. Changes should come soon or this site will follow.
yeah they need to just combine it with central park and mayfair club and only run newbie level games when there are actual newbies that join and need/want a low impact game to learn.

The road to central park and the Mayfair Club
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

also bella say no redactions so we can read the scum pt

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:53 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1091, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1086, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I think this queue is officially dead. Changes should come soon or this site will follow.
yeah they need to just combine it with central park and mayfair club and only run newbie level games when there are actual newbies that join and need/want a low impact game to learn.

I probably won't play a Newbie game soon. It's partly the NewD3 setup I'm getting a bit tired of. Seems that PR actions/claiming/getting smoked N1 are almost more important than people's reads and what the game should actually be about. Thanks for carrying the modding HEM.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:04 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

No redactions, although corwin may want to redaxt one of my posts for me which is fine .
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

There is a chat in site stuff I think about the queues, I think there was a decent suggestion. I personally think that there isn't enough difference in a newbie now to make it worthwhile (I'm old, my first newbies didn't have day chat and mason newbies is just....wild.)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I also don't really get why New York hosts large and mini normals but we need a theme park and a coney island. Maybe back in the day there was enough activity to justify it but now?

We prob only need

queue

new york (renamed times square)
coney island

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

my first newbie was in 2009!

FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Well played town.
I apologize for flaking I went on vacation for my mother's 60th birthday expecting to have a lot of time on my hands. I did, but there was little to no wifi or signal where we went so I was basically screwed.

Sad I couldn't finish the game I clearly wouldn't have contributed to the game ending in fewer days but would have liked to see it out.

Happy with my reads but not my confidence this game, I've learned that I think I'd rather just be confident and wrong than correct and wishy washy, well played town in general and specifically Furtive and Rad!
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:00 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1094, Bellaphant wrote:No redactions, although corwin may want to redaxt one of my posts for me which is fine .
I forgot about that... no, it's fine. I haven't been exactly open about it but I've mentioned it publicly also.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”