Newbie 2127: game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:42 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

1) I agree, I'm saying this to try to get them to vote for you (heh). I view Delta and PC as equally clear right now honestly. Both have interactions with UP/Snix (respectively) that mean I will just never vote for them.
2) Yes, but it can be S v T with less probability than someone else being scum. That was my point.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 1226, KatyKimFanClub wrote: 1) I agree, I'm saying this to try to get them to vote for you (heh). I view Delta and PC as equally clear right now honestly. Both have interactions with UP/Snix (respectively) that mean I will just never vote for them.
This is why PC feels so bold in acting this way. The way the cards are falling works perfectly for PC. Lim CT today, kill me and then there is both you and PC who suspect Bazuf. It's optimal for them.
If we assume I take the lim today, then they probably kill CT and have the exact same cross.

When you do reread, I really need you to consider what I am saying in #1192.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:54 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Consider this: Why did PC flip and double-down on voting for me, rather than for their primary scumread?

Surely Town!PC would say 'well, we're close to game end, I think CT is scum, here's why:' - and they'd work to convince me rather than committing to this cross between them and I, which is backed up by naught but ad hominem argument and a desire to reprimand me for some perceived slight?

The only way this works out and PC survives is by limming between CT and I, killing the other one and then playing off of your commitment to PC!Town to force a cross with Bazuf which they'll win if your townread remains intact.

Their vote on me is motivated by raw desire to survive, not desire to lim scum. How do I know?
Because they townread me
Never forget

|
GTKAS
ChicagoTypewriter
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: CT

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:30 am

Post by ChicagoTypewriter »

In post 1227, Deltabreedy wrote: This is why PC feels so bold in acting this way. The way the cards are falling works perfectly for PC. Lim CT today, kill me and then there is both you and PC who suspect Bazuf. It's optimal for them.
If we assume I take the lim today, then they probably kill CT and have the exact same cross.
I think I'm too good of a Day 4 mislim for a possible scum!PC to pass up on, if you get limmed today; nightkill is probably KKFC. Otherwise, yeah, I think this makes sense.
Rat-tat-tat-tat...
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 1227, Deltabreedy wrote: This is why PC feels so bold in acting this way. The way the cards are falling works perfectly for PC. Lim CT today, kill me and then there is both you and PC who suspect Bazuf. It's optimal for them.
Sure, but why would he ruin that by voting for you? Seems needless because yes, if he were scum, this path would be a lot easier.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 1228, Deltabreedy wrote: The only way this works out and PC survives is by limming between CT and I, killing the other one and then playing off of your commitment to PC!Town to force a cross with Bazuf which they'll win if your townread remains intact.
This supposes that you trust me and Bazuf more than you townread PC. Otherwise PC could push CT and then whoever was left out of me/Bazuf. Was that true at day start?
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

@PC, I don't see why you're voting for Delta right now? What makes the game easier for town by voting him?
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

VOTE: ChicagoTypewriter
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 231, Claptastik wrote:
In post 225, Bazuf wrote: The last posts of KKFC sound very weird to me....

First, you question Jason for asking more from Clapstick, which is very legit because he has said practically zero.
The argument you use for this is that "he should give more info himself before asking for info"... why???
Besides,
he has already gave plenty of his reads, so this doesn't even make much sense...

Also, you said that you got in an argument with PC without giving much information yourself.
Isn't this contradictory?
And what exactly did you get from that argument with PC?

And why exactly do you think Clapstick is town?? I'd be ok with a null read, but a town read??

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Clapstick

I think this is E-1, so kindly share more of your thoughts.
Kudos for you for recognizing that depsite the low post count, my posts do have significant content.

But, if you're not voting me for supposed lack of production, I guess you're voting me for my reads. Where do you disagree with them?
I feel better about Bazuf after seeing this. Don't think partners would be so transparent, and don't think Bazuf would be ok bussing this early yet refuse to bus later in the game.

Think more and more that a CT vote ends the game.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 3.03
KatyKimFanClub
(1): Bazuf
Political Clout
(1): Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
(1): Political Clout
ChicagoTypewriter
(1): KatyKimFanClub

Not Voting
(1): ChicagoTypewriter

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate a player. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2023-08-05 09:25:00).

mod notes: n
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 1229, ChicagoTypewriter wrote:
I think I'm too good of a Day 4 mislim for a possible scum!PC to pass up on, if you get limmed today; nightkill is probably KKFC. Otherwise, yeah, I think this makes sense.
don't be coy chicago if you're trying to get rid of me just vote me lol. I like how you still don't outright say I'm scum since you've been lukewarm on it forever.
Ya basic!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:06 pm

In post 1232, KatyKimFanClub wrote: @PC, I don't see why you're voting for Delta right now? What makes the game easier for town by voting him?
I wanted chicago delta is being weird right now I'm just playing along to their little tantrum. delta thinks it's likely chicago but I dared to call him the next lim so now they're scrambling so that I won't push them tomorrow. like just imagine the cartwheels going on in delta's mind. if delta thinks they're the most town and they are going to be the nk everything I said from their point of view is moot. why the blow up? makes no sense to me.
Ya basic!
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

No blowup - you're the one that's been objectively scummy.

Again, if all you can do is try to delegitimise my points is to call it a tantrum or a blowup, it's pretty clear that you've no real argument.

Change the record, PC.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Bazuf
Bazuf
He
Goon
Bazuf
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Bazuf »

@PC:
A Delta lim is not going to happen today, so make your peace with that… All you’re doing right now is acting scummy and making this game harder for town.
STATS
NEWBIE GAMES
Town - P:4 / W:3 / L:1
Mafia - P:0 / W:0 / L:0
Bazuf
Bazuf
He
Goon
Bazuf
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by Bazuf »

In post 1211, KatyKimFanClub wrote: *snip
The way I see it, Delta and PC are confirmed to me.
Delta for D2 interactions with UP
PC for D2 interactions with Snix.

Now, the worst also laid a foundation for a PC townread, and honestly I think this gameplay is really weird and arguably at times not town-sided, but I think he's town. I don't even really want to think about the idea that he's scum until tomorrow.

This leaves a pretty easy CT -> Bazuf POE for me personally. I think a CT/Snix team has a lot of potential, as CT pushed on Delta pretty hard yesterday. I could also see the Bazuf/Snix team, as Bazuf didn't hammer Snix and also pivoted onto Delta after some prodding. Then again, this could be said for me too, though I eventually did vote for Snix.
In post 1214, Deltabreedy wrote: Bazuf kinda hit the nail on the head for me.

Snix replaces in, sees that they're at least in a cross if not likely to be limmed and works to distance themselves from their partner. PC picks a fight with Snix, they distance and they go at it hammer and tongs but when the writing is on the wall, PC is off on the CT wagon whilst inciting the Snix Wagon. It doesn't check out.

You're clearing them based off of the same thing that I'm scumreading them for (one of several, anyway). Can you reconcile your TR of PC with today's events so far, KKFC?
@KKFC:
Your reason for townreading PC doesn’t really make sense to me, because the best play for a scum!Snix was to make his partner look town.
Their interaction could just be theatrics.
And it was different than Delta/UP interaction… because UP while was being pushed, it was still early in the day and we were not sure yet of who to lim, but on the other hand, Snix joined the game almost assuming that he was going to get limmed. And in that scenario, the best to do was to make his partner look town.

Please help me figure this out… can you townread PC on any other instance of the game, besides his interaction with Snix?
Maybe look into his interactions with UP/Clap?

Also, about post , I’m glad you checked my ISO and checked I’ve always been pushing for a Clap/UP lim.
I was going to ask you how I was scummier than PC in a ELO situation, but I’m glad you noticed that wouldn’t make sense…

In post 1222, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 1216, Political Clout wrote: my argument is and always has been chicago is scum.
Can we get Chicago first and then cross this bridge tomorrow? If you and Delta are truly locked into a S v T (saying hypothetically it's not CT here) then both of you will live to tomorrow anyways.
@KKFC:
What makes you assume that Delta will live until tomorrow?
STATS
NEWBIE GAMES
Bazuf
Bazuf
He
Goon
Bazuf
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:49 pm

Post by Bazuf »

In post 1228, Deltabreedy wrote: *snip
The only way this works out and PC survives is by limming between CT and I, killing the other one and then playing off of your commitment to PC!Town to force a cross with Bazuf which they'll win if your townread remains intact.

Their vote on me is motivated by raw desire to survive, not desire to lim scum. How do I know?
Because they townread me
This is what’s really bothering me…
PC is townreading KKFC (not sure why). KKFC townreads PC (not sure why).
And they both seem to want to go to ELO without Delta and CT, and lim me in ELO…
Now, if this is true, one of them is scum and the other is being played. Not sure who’s who…

Right now, I really don’t want to go to ELO with KKFC.
I confess that I’ve tunneled him, and I’m really sorry if I’m wrong, but the truth is that a scum!KKFC still makes sense with everything that happened in this game.
Since D-1 I imagined a Clap/KKFC team, was right about one and can still be right about the other..

And the thing is, that I feel that in a position of choosing between him and PC/CT, I’ll end up voting him because I’ve always been thinking that he might be scum.
If ELO goes Bazuf/KKFC/CT, I don’t think I’ll be able to look at CT correctly, because I’ve always been imagining a scum!KKFC.
If ELO goes Bazuf/KKFC/PC, I think they’ll both vote me and town will lose.

Delta, I need your help to help me solve this.
I sense you’re not entirely sure about KKFC either, and in this situation this is really bothersome.
We only have to clear one more player, but we still are not sure who..

I have a strategy for ELO up my sleeve, but it will only work if we all assume that scum is within KKFC/CT/PC.
So town will have to assume that me and Delta are both town.
But this should be discussed later in the day, not just yet…

For now, I want to hear from CT and understand what he thinks of all of this.
Do you also townread KKFC?
STATS
NEWBIE GAMES
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:28 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 1240, Bazuf wrote: @KKFC:
Because I'm never voting for Delta today.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:39 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

Your reason for townreading PC doesn’t really make sense to me, because the best play for a scum!Snix was to make his partner look town.

I don't think is fake.
In post 1240, Bazuf wrote: Please help me figure this out… can you townread PC on any other instance of the game, besides his interaction with Snix?
Eh, it's not a strong argument, but off the top of the head sheeping Tal here isn't the worst idea. He was weird but he had a couple of good takes. Don't think he would antagonize me so badly D1 with his partner basically missing from the game.
Bazuf
Bazuf
He
Goon
Bazuf
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:18 am

Post by Bazuf »

In post 1242, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
Because I'm never voting for Delta today.
I know that… but what about the Night Kill?

In post 1243, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
I don't think is fake.
Yeah… I don’t want to think that’s fake either.
But taking into account the nature of this game, you’d have to admit it would be a pretty genius play, right?

In post 1243, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 1240, Bazuf wrote: Please help me figure this out… can you townread PC on any other instance of the game, besides his interaction with Snix?
Eh, it's not a strong argument, but off the top of the head sheeping Tal here isn't the worst idea. He was weird but he had a couple of good takes. Don't think he would antagonize me so badly D1 with his partner basically missing from the game.
Hmm, maybe… He has also put Clap at E-1 on early D-1.
Might be NAI because it was early in the game, but still maybe there was some intent there…
I have to look closely at PC interactions with Clap/UP.

But certainly is better than CT, which had basically no intent whatsoever on Clap/UP/Snix…
And also I think there was not much interaction either .
STATS
NEWBIE GAMES
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:08 am

In post 1238, Deltabreedy wrote: No blowup - you're the one that's been objectively scummy.

Again, if all you can do is try to delegitimise my points is to call it a tantrum or a blowup, it's pretty clear that you've no real argument.

Change the record, PC.
I have made several points you are just focusing on what you want other people to focus on fact is I have made good points and you don't answer them because you can't.
Ya basic!
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:11 am

In post 1241, Bazuf wrote: This is what’s really bothering me…
PC is townreading KKFC (not sure why). KKFC townreads PC (not sure why).
And they both seem to want to go to ELO without Delta and CT, and lim me in ELO…
Now, if this is true, one of them is scum and the other is being played. Not sure who’s who…
my mans are you good? are you even reading my posts? do you even know game mechanics? I'm calling you town. we can't lim both ct and delta so I don't know what you are talking about.

are you saying you think delta and ct are town? because that would cause me a great deal of concern.
Ya basic!
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 1245, Political Clout wrote: I have made several points
When?
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Skygazer »

prod noticeProdding ChicagoTypewriter.
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
Bazuf
Bazuf
He
Goon
Bazuf
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:11 am

Post by Bazuf »

At this point, I'm just waiting to hear from CT before advancing anything further...

KKFC is voting CT...
PC, while I don't know exactly what he's doing voting Delta, I believe he's also inclined to vote CT...
I'm also inclined to vote CT...
Delta, are you more certain of a scum!PC or a scum!CT?
Please let me know what you're thinking...

Also, I think we should consider all possibilities here, so I think it would be beneficial for town to express two votes, in case the person we vote today flips town.
This is mainly to take advantage while we still have 5 players, and not "let things to be decided on ELO" when we're just 3 players.

I think this exercise will greatly help town figure out things for ELO, just in case our vote today flips town.

So, for example (this is just an example, since I'm still waiting to hear from CT):
Today's vote -> CT
If he flips town, ELO vote -> KKFC

I kindly ask other players to do the same exercise and share their thoughts.
STATS
NEWBIE GAMES
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Ideal: Flip PC then CT for me.
Will accept: CT then PC.
Never forget

|
GTKAS

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”