Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream | Meowhalla (Spoiler-Free)

This forum is for private topics used in mafia games.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:31 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 274, ActionDan wrote: does Von know the game is still going?

They posted right after the Breaking News post during Night 4, and both heads read the Moonrise 5 announcement PM.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:58 am

Post by Prism »

Who voted for the Hail Mary pass? What is wrong with you? Why are you trying so hard to throw?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:59 am

Post by Prism »

Where are your parents?
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:24 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

if they somehow fuck this up and not secure the win here with outed scum, that will be quite an achievement
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:31 am

Post by Prism »

If Von Payne didn't vote during moonrise and it loses the game it will be tragically hilarious. I feel for the town players that actually care about winning.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:36 am

Post by Prism »

(I asked privately and it looks like we've got a nonvoter on our hands, resulting in scum tiebreaks getting handed out. Enchant voted, Ydrasse is unknown. Perhaps the Ydrasse giveth and the Ydrasse taketh away.)
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:38 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

von publicly neighborized one scum night 1 as their top town read and called for second scum to be neighborized on same night. on every single day till end of day 3 they just parked a vote alongside catgirl and shown hesitance about catgirl in multiple stops. on day 3 they posted about having a theory that their role might be a mass jail keep and they didnt check that with game mods in a non bastard game. they also decided its a good idea to use that on catgirls for some reason instead of prism which was almost the universal town read and very likely target of death. I wanna argue they didnt solve anything till around end of d3 the point where they called out sunflower, something I also saw and commented on.

I was wrong about catgirl but even though von is confirmed town, they played the most deliberately and scum motivated anti town game I could have imagined and in every multiverse I see myself tunneling them in this game.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:39 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 280, Prism wrote: (I asked privately and it looks like we've got a nonvoter on our hands, resulting in scum tiebreaks getting handed out. Enchant voted, Ydrasse is unknown. Perhaps the Ydrasse giveth and the Ydrasse taketh away.)
as I said it's quite an achievement to lose a game to outed scum.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:40 am

Post by Aureal »

There is possibly some vote discrepancy again; but I wouldn't worry about them voting wrongly, I think town's got this unless trigonometry somehow turns out to be a way to raise the vote threshold needed so they can't actually vote out Sunflower tomorrow. And that seems really unlikely.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:47 am

Post by Aureal »

Or I guess maybe it could make everyone Loved today (it does say "doesn't EVERYONE hate trigonometry") to the same effect, couldn't vote out either of them. Or the opposite and it makes everyone Hated and they manage to get two votes on a townie first. Or well I guess a bunch of voting shenanigans could theoretically happen if it's a dream that affects voting, but that seems unlikely.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Aureal »

Which, if it were to actually happen, would raise the question of how long the game would go on.

I just realized I don't even know what my win condition is, it's not in our role PMs, lol
-furtiveglance
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Prism »

I explicitly asked not to be neighborized since I was traveling and unavailable to post the entire weekend that coincided with night phase. It was correct to neighborize Catgirl.

I think we all had pretty mediocre reads this game, but the major issue is adjusting to mechanical reveals. There's a reason I instantly went 2/2 after the dreamer claims and before I saw the Gimli/VP town confirmations, and it wasn't because of vibes/dayplay.

I had Kyoko, Catgirl, and Von Payne all high up my scumlist and immediately discarded my reads and threw them way down to the bottom as more setup knowledge was revealed.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:54 am

Post by Prism »

In post 283, Aureal wrote: There is possibly some vote discrepancy again; but I wouldn't worry about them voting wrongly, I think town's got this unless trigonometry somehow turns out to be a way to raise the vote threshold needed so they can't actually vote out Sunflower tomorrow. And that seems really unlikely.
I checked with the mods and it's a correct VC, though we might get interesting claims around it. Check the scum PT for the tie selection mechanic, which supposedly your teammates missed.

My fear is a vig shot (hail mary sounds like it) or vote manipulation.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 am

Post by Cabd »

There was a dream that would have lover linked town to scum. They didn't choose it tho.

(Carseat)
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Prism »

Day 1 I had a one-off mech read on Hu Tao that derived from the unique VT PM, which sure, whatever, easily discarded. But on Day 3, regardless of reads, Kyoko needed to be left alive to pass out invention #3 to a target of town's desire, and on Day 4 Von Payne should have spent 5 seconds to evaluate whether a fourth (!!!!) scum dream hijack mechanic made any sense.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

Its not about if it was correct move or not correct move if it was just a neighborizer as it is. it wasnt correct to neighborize catgirl if his theory was a jailkeep as they claimed it is.

nothing about their thought process and read making felt genuine. nothing felt as if they are solving the game in any instance till that sunflower hint. the whole theory talk bit felt like an excuse they sliped out when under repetead questions by me more than a genuine well thought out process that they mentally had till that point. But I clearly was wrong on that.

and they role doesnt mean shit about their alignment.

regardless I still feel like von is the slot that rolled a dice instead of playing and got 6 ones in row back to back. That is how I see the slot and I am not capable of giving it benefit of the doubt in any similar state unless if a clear/guilty comes in game.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:02 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

their push back on me and voting me at start of day 3 felt so baseless too. It came out of thin air. They were shipping a slot they were counting as a null town lean scum lean not sure, they neighborized same slot and didnt ask a single question from them. Nothing made sense
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:02 am

Post by Prism »

I guess I'm less worried about that because it was blatantly never a jailkeep and VP was crazy for even thinking that.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

It felt like a slip in comparison to a legit talk. The fact they really thought that and didnt think to ask mod or even doubt themself in a hydra in a non bastard game is legit blowing my mind.

but who I am to judge.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:10 am

Post by Prism »

As for the qualitative side of things, we were all horribly wrong. My reads were probably the best of the town, broken clock etc., and I still wanted Von Payne and Catgirl flipped before the two remaining scum. I get no points for being right from the dead PT when they'd play the mechanics differently with me around.

It wasn't pretty across the board, and we really did earn the loss.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:33 am

Post by Prism »

lmao @ the Trig dream, that one is amazing
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:33 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 287, Prism wrote:
In post 283, Aureal wrote: There is possibly some vote discrepancy again; but I wouldn't worry about them voting wrongly, I think town's got this unless trigonometry somehow turns out to be a way to raise the vote threshold needed so they can't actually vote out Sunflower tomorrow. And that seems really unlikely.
I checked with the mods and it's a correct VC, though we might get interesting claims around it. Check the scum PT for the tie selection mechanic, which supposedly your teammates missed.

My fear is a vig shot (hail mary sounds like it) or vote manipulation.
The VC isn't supposed to show the tiebreak doubled votes though so I don't know what's going on. I'm not bothering to counting this crap myself.

And yeah, hail mary was useless for us here too.
-furtiveglance
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:36 am

Post by Prism »

MOOOOOOOOOOORPH.................
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:00 am

Post by fferyllt »

We both totally forgot that when we were reviewing the moonrise results an hour or so ago. It was rushed due to one of us hopping a plane.

We'll discuss mea culpas in detail during the postgame.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:41 am

Post by Prism »

Dunnstral I have no qualms with your gameplay EXCEPT the extra hijack claim. Obviously you are validated by town letting you get away with open mechanical murder and I'm wrong to doubt you.

But literally why? Why did you claim that?

Return to “Private Topics”