Newbie 2093 | New Wave | Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1107 (isolation #0) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1102, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I spent the entire game being stressed and miserable because these assholes gaslighted me into thinking I'm being toxic and ruining the game for others.
Why these bullshit tactics allowed? You pull this shit irl and on other websites and you'll get kicked from the group.
Hi Take. It's not my intention to chastise you, I think it's absolutely understandable to get heated in games of mafia from time to time. I'm also pretty inexperienced here, so it is entirely possible that I'm wrong through lack of experience, or because of good old poor judgment. I also didn't even play in this game, so it's possible I'm imposing on a space that's not mine. Feel free to call me out on any of these things.

I think it's still worth saying that, in my best judgment, your aggression would have made the game a little less fun for me at points. For example:
Spoiler:
In post 130, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:I didn't ignore it. It just wasn't relevant to what I was pointing out.
My talk with you isn't relevant to you voting for me? Sure?
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:How do you think there would have been much more information? If you can please elaborate on that without using Asphodelus was V/LA.
You don't think putting someone who's not in V/LA at E-2 would give us more information than someone who can't even reply? This is why your questions are stupid.
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:In 2091 your tone was pleasant. And you only became frustrated or agitated when it was genuinely warranted. I felt from your first 10 or so posts that you were town and I would have probably said so if I was in that game. This game so far what I get from your tone is agitation, annoyance, and irritation. I haven't seen a reason for this. It's pretty much the same playerlist as last game so it's not like you hate the players. I'm assuming it's because of a change in alignment from last game. Subtle changes in a person's psychology when playing as scum or and then as town is a scientific reality. I think this is what's happening here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am in this instance.
I'm playing similarly to how I was game 1 except now I have to deal with you, if I sound annoyed and irritated its because of you.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Again, they're not random or meaningless. It's also not foolproof, so I would never base my read 100% on it, but I also would not totally disregard because as has already been shown, it does have some bearing statistically. Just because you don't like it or think it's dumb doesn't mean isn't real.
It absolutely is dumb. I'm not gonna argue about this bullshit anymore.
In post 170, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Italiano
You think I'm maf and the reasonis what? That I got pissed off at how annoying you are?

I think I'd have been a bit uncomfortable if somebody said my questions were stupid and that I was annoying.

This is absolutely not to deny that 1. furtive violated a site rule in suggesting that you replace out, 2. it can be really frustrating to be manipulated by mafia.

I don't know if you want to, and it's completely fine if you don't, but feel free to either DM me or post here to continue this conversation. While I can't promise I'll change my mind about anything, I don't mind being told that I'm wrong or just discussing what happened in this game.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (isolation #1) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1102, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I spent the entire game being stressed and miserable because these assholes gaslighted me into thinking I'm being toxic and ruining the game for others.
Why these bullshit tactics allowed? You pull this shit irl and on other websites and you'll get kicked from the group.
Hi Take. It's not my intention to chastise you, I think it's absolutely understandable to get heated in games of mafia from time to time. I'm also pretty inexperienced here, so it is entirely possible that I'm wrong through lack of experience, or because of good old poor judgment. I also didn't even play in this game, so it's possible I'm imposing on a space that's not mine. Feel free to call me out on any of these things.

I think it's still worth saying that, in my best judgment, your aggression would have made the game a little less fun for me at points. For example:
Spoiler:
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:I didn't ignore it. It just wasn't relevant to what I was pointing out.
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:How do you think there would have been much more information? If you can please elaborate on that without using Asphodelus was V/LA.
You don't think putting someone who's not in V/LA at E-2 would give us more information than someone who can't even reply? This is why your questions are stupid.
In post 129, ItalianoVD wrote:In 2091 your tone was pleasant. And you only became frustrated or agitated when it was genuinely warranted. I felt from your first 10 or so posts that you were town and I would have probably said so if I was in that game. This game so far what I get from your tone is agitation, annoyance, and irritation. I haven't seen a reason for this. It's pretty much the same playerlist as last game so it's not like you hate the players. I'm assuming it's because of a change in alignment from last game. Subtle changes in a person's psychology when playing as scum or and then as town is a scientific reality. I think this is what's happening here. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am in this instance.
I'm playing similarly to how I was game 1 except now I have to deal with you, if I sound annoyed and irritated its because of you.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Again, they're not random or meaningless. It's also not foolproof, so I would never base my read 100% on it, but I also would not totally disregard because as has already been shown, it does have some bearing statistically. Just because you don't like it or think it's dumb doesn't mean isn't real.
@Italiano
You think I'm maf and the reasonis what? That I got pissed off at how annoying you are?

I think I'd have been a bit uncomfortable if somebody said my questions were stupid and that I was annoying.

This is absolutely not to deny that 1. furtive violated a site rule in suggesting that you replace out, 2. it can be really frustrating to be manipulated by mafia.

I don't know if you want to, and it's completely fine if you don't, but feel free to either DM me or post here to continue this conversation. While I can't promise I'll change my mind about anything, I don't mind being told that I'm wrong or just discussing what happened in this game.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (isolation #2) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Aisa »

On a completely different note, congratulations on the win, town! I'm still confused about what went wrong for the mafia. TistDaniel's replace in helped a lot, I guess, but even then it seemed far from obvious that town would get the win.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (isolation #3) » Tue May 10, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1108, Aisa wrote:

Spoiler:
@Italiano

Oop, I remembered something else. I think I should give Take credit for adjusting his play once people started pointing out that it was a bit much.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”